Author Topic: Inside No. 9 - BBC2 New series starts 10th May 2021  (Read 54188 times)

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
Inside No. 9 - BBC2 New series starts 10th May 2021
« on: February 6, 2014, 01:05:02 am »
So did anyone watch the latest show from Reece Shearsmith & Steve Pemberton (League of Gentlemen, Psychoville) tonight ?

Im a big fan of what they do so I knew it'd be good but damn that 1st episode was incredible. It was the perfect mix of dark humour & intrigue with a great cast. Its an anthology series so its different characters and story each week. Really looking forward to the rest now.

Give it a go on the iplayer if you missed it.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 08:48:35 pm by 24∗7 »

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Inside No. 9 - BBC2
« Reply #1 on: February 6, 2014, 09:09:36 am »
Brilliant stuff but did not expect anything else from them....it was like tales of the unexpected with laughs.
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Online Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 6, 2014, 11:08:35 am »
I loved it. Tim Key was absolutely outstanding (as he usually is). I presume it's a different cast for each episode?

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 6, 2014, 11:17:02 am »
I loved it. Tim Key was absolutely outstanding (as he usually is). I presume it's a different cast for each episode?

Tim Key is brilliant we need more of him on our screens. Yeah the cast will be different each week. I've read next weeks ep is like a silent movie about 2 cat burglars which I can’t wait to see!

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 6, 2014, 11:24:16 am »

Yep, completely different story each time.

Last night's was great, and I didn't see the twist coming.

royhendo

« Reply #5 on: February 6, 2014, 12:32:24 pm »
Loved it. We were talking about claustrophobia at work yesterday (a photo of a Swedish bus queue prompted it) and it really did bring in the creepiness layer by layer. Very minimalist. :)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #6 on: February 7, 2014, 09:09:21 am »
A brilliant 30mins of television.  Agree that Tim Key was superb. 

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #7 on: February 9, 2014, 08:56:16 pm »
classy and creepy, and a real treat.  psychoville became a bit silly very quickly, but this looks like it has more potential.  a nice script, and the bbc must have loved that the whole thing was set in one room.

a stupid question but...
Spoiler
the plot generally fitted together nicely, and i watched it while half asleep so i may have misheard something, but how does the third sibling fit into everything?  i'm guessing she didn't turn up because she doesn't want her boys near their dodgy grandad?  and what was the actual significance of the room?
[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 10:23:56 am »
Episode two was brilliant!!!!!!
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 01:43:53 pm »
Yeah Ep. 2 was immense. This show is one of the most interesting things on TV right now, there’s nothing else like it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 01:53:20 pm »
Absolute masterpiece last night. Shaping up to be Shearsmith & Pemberton's best work since League of Gentlemen (and I loved Psychoville).

Nice touch to have Oona Chaplin (Charlie's grand-daughter) in a silent movie homage as well.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 04:17:51 am »
brilliant stuff.  some great slapstick, and the ending was nicely - ahem - executed.  i agree, it's very unique, and a refreshing change to standard half hour comedy shows.

didn't think much of the dialogue though :P
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 11:06:58 pm »
Stunningly good again

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 11:27:46 pm »
Absolute masterpiece last night. Shaping up to be Shearsmith & Pemberton's best work since League of Gentlemen (and I loved Psychoville).

Nice touch to have Oona Chaplin (Charlie's grand-daughter) in a silent movie homage as well.

Fantastic stuff. Too many brilliant moments to list them all. If you haven't watched it - watch it. And if you watched it and didn't find it funny... you are dead to me. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 11:33:37 pm »
The standard of this show is so high, another brilliant episode tonight loved it. More people have to check this out its definitely Reece & Steve's best work to date.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 11:45:41 pm »
How many episodes am I behind lads?

I will catch up on Iplayer.

cheers

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2014, 07:45:13 am »
How many episodes am I behind lads?

I will catch up on Iplayer.

cheers

3rd episode was on last night

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 08:10:52 am »
I've just watched the third episode. Far darker than two - more like a classic Twilight Zone episode than the slapstick and visual comedy of two.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2014, 11:03:29 am »
Recorded it last night but my Virgin Media box was playing up, so I'll catch it on iPlayer tonight. Looking forward to it, rapidly becoming my favourite thing on the telly at the moment

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2014, 12:17:36 pm »
Its very good.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2014, 12:35:51 pm »
This is the best thing on TV.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2014, 02:03:44 pm »
This is the best thing on TV.

Wouldn't go that far. Didn't enjoy episode 1 very much but 2 and 3 were very good.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2014, 01:59:00 pm »
Just watched all three over past two days.

Enjoyed all of them but I thought Episode 3 has been the best. Although you know some kind of twist is coming it's reversed right back at you. I was less of a fan of Ep 2 but the performances and sharpness makes it high quality stuff. Ep 1 was also very good - pretty sinister really and the confinement of that wardrobe made for unpleasant and uncomfortable viewing...

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2014, 02:14:27 pm »
Its a great programme, isn't it?

Personally, I loved Ep1 the best; thought the twist at the end was great, the ensemble cast was excellent, and the writing was superb.

But all 3 have been outstanding telly. :)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2014, 03:39:38 pm »
Is this currently on iplayer chaps?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2014, 03:42:32 pm »
Is this currently on iplayer chaps?

Yeah watched all 3 on there yesterday I think.

Really like it, dark twisted comedy and characters from the best at it in the country IMO. Seems to be getting better every week also.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2014, 04:06:17 pm »
Ta.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 02:01:26 pm »
This is fucking incredible. Thanks RAWK for livening up a shitty day.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 03:03:32 pm »
just watched the third one (tom and gerri): an astounding piece of TV.

Spoiler
it took the fight club twist and twisted it up again, but far better was the portrayal of the descent into mental illness. it was terrifying, hilarious and realistic all in one.
[close]

the other episodes so far have been an amusing treat, but this episode was a masterpiece.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 04:51:36 pm »
Third one was brilliant, disturbing stuff.

I must say I enjoyed the second one less than the first and third, but it was still very good. I definitely prefer the darker, more uncomfortable stuff though and I hope that's the direction the rest of the episodes take.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2014, 12:29:36 pm »
Well episode four...hmmm...didn't quite get off the ground.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 12:50:59 pm »
Felt a bit airy to be honest. A far more middle of the road modern comedy than the other episodes. I think that Sardines (Ep.1) was the best for turning from comedy to something more sinister in such a short space of time while I loved the sheer slapstick nature of Ep2. Thought the third one was a bit predictable with the twists which for some reason I saw coming and the fourth episode definitely had its moments but wasn't absolutely brilliant IMO.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #32 on: March 1, 2014, 07:37:14 am »
Felt a bit airy to be honest. A far more middle of the road modern comedy than the other episodes. I think that Sardines (Ep.1) was the best for turning from comedy to something more sinister in such a short space of time while I loved the sheer slapstick nature of Ep2. Thought the third one was a bit predictable with the twists which for some reason I saw coming and the fourth episode definitely had its moments but wasn't absolutely brilliant IMO.

Thought it was poor actually. Not worthy to stand alongside the other three. The comedy was glib, the story was bland and the general writing dull. The "sting" at the end was more of a mild itch.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 7, 2014, 08:15:36 pm »
Return to form in the last episode after a poor previous one.

Excellent stuff.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 8, 2014, 04:02:20 pm »
Yep the latest episode was brilliant up there with Ep 3 for me. Overall this has been a superb series so far.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 8, 2014, 06:41:06 pm »
Don't think episode 2 or 3 will be bettered.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 9, 2014, 04:58:33 am »
episode 3 is the best so far, but every episode has had something to recommend it.  a really impressive piece of work overall.  last one next week?

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 10:46:58 am »
Enjoyed the Macbeth episode. Pleased ep4 was only a blip.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2014, 12:48:55 am »
Such a good series. You'd barely know it existed with the lack of publicity but much more interesting than 99% of the rest of British TV.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2014, 10:43:22 pm »
Christ on a bloody bike - I won't sleep after that. Bastards.