Author Topic: Star Wars Universe lastest news  (Read 370208 times)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Star Wars Universe lastest news
« Reply #3360 on: March 29, 2021, 04:06:39 pm »

I have deep reservations about this, but we will see.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3361 on: March 29, 2021, 04:23:18 pm »

Is that confirmed? Safdie was very good in the one thing I've seen him in, I forget the name of the film but it had Robert Pattinson trying to get him released from prison after he was coerced into assisting a bank robbery.

Joel Edgerton can be good value too.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3362 on: March 29, 2021, 04:34:42 pm »
Is that confirmed? Safdie was very good in the one thing I've seen him in, I forget the name of the film but it had Robert Pattinson trying to get him released from prison after he was coerced into assisting a bank robbery.
Good Time. Safdie co-directed it with his brother.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3363 on: March 29, 2021, 05:38:01 pm »

Joel Edgerton can be good value too.

Seems legit, yeah.

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/obi-wan-kenobi-disney-plus-series-cast-1234940012/

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3364 on: March 29, 2021, 05:45:44 pm »

Sexy pose, Sexy pose, Sexy pose, Sexy pose
Sexy pose, Sexy pose, Sexy pose, Sexy pose
Sexy pose, Sexy pose, Sexy pose, Just got out of bed

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3366 on: March 30, 2021, 07:06:58 pm »

'Star Wars: The Bad Batch | Official Trailer | Disney+'

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BsOmYpP4UDU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BsOmYpP4UDU</a>

The blurb...

'Check out the brand-new trailer for Lucasfilm’s “Star Wars: The Bad Batch,” an original animated series launching exclusively on Disney+. “Star Wars: The Bad Batch” makes its debut on Tuesday, May 4, with a special 70-minute premiere, followed by new episodes every Friday starting on May 7.

“Star Wars: The Bad Batch” follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in “The Clone Wars”) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War. Members of Bad Batch—a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army—each possess a singular exceptional skill that makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew.'

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-bad-batch-trailer-highlights

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3367 on: April 1, 2021, 06:01:38 pm »

'Behind the Magic: The Visual Effects of The Mandalorian Season 2' (4 mins):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fb6Aww3LIDE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fb6Aww3LIDE</a>

'The Virtual Production of The Mandalorian, Season Two' (7 mins):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-gX4N5rDYeQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-gX4N5rDYeQ</a>

Rare Deleted Scenes from the 'Star Wars: Special Edition':-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXLuNZNAct8
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: April 1, 2021, 06:41:41 pm »
Son of a...

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3369 on: April 1, 2021, 11:18:37 pm »
« Last Edit: April 2, 2021, 12:31:00 pm by oojason »

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3370 on: April 2, 2021, 12:37:15 pm »

'Watch Star Wars Vintage | Disney+' - https://www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/franchise/star-wars-vintage (added to Disney+ as of today)...

The blurb for each release...

Ewoks: Caravan of Courage

The Towani family’s starcruiser crashes on the forest moon of Endor, and the separation of two children from their parents sets into motion an incredible adventure that takes four-year-old Cindel, and her older brother, Mace, into the unfamiliar world of the Ewoks.

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

Marauders raid the Ewok village and steal a power supply they believe to be magical. Wicket helps Cindel escape the evil witch Charal, and they befriend a hermit who may help them save the village.

Star Wars: Clone Wars – Micro-Series

Feel your heart race and your pulse pound as every Chapter of this Emmy® Award-winning animated series envisions the story arc between Star Wars: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. Packed with action, this landmark “micro-series” is essential viewing for all fans of the Force!

Star Wars: Ewoks (both seasons 1 & 2)

Journey to the Forest Moon of Endor for an out-of-this world visit with your favorite, furry Star Wars heroes – the small-but-mighty Ewoks – in their own action-packed, animated series! Join Wicket, his friends Princess Kneesaa, Teebo, & Latara, and their entire tribe, as they experience fantastical adventures in Bright Tree Village.

The Story of the Faithful Wookiee (animated short from the 1978 Holiday Special)

After Luke Skywalker and Han Solo succumb to a suspicious sleeping virus, Chewbacca hunts a cure with help from an unlikely ally – the bounty hunter Boba Fett. Chewie’s Wookiee instincts warn him that all is not what it seems. This rare animated short features the voices of the original Star Wars cast.

Hopefully they'll also add Droids, Detours and the full 1978 Holiday Special soon too...

and the unaltered theatrical version of the three classic films that underpin all of Star Wars ;)

Jedit: 'Star Wars: Droids' will be released later this year - https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-vintage-collection-disney-plus

« Last Edit: April 2, 2021, 04:07:01 pm by oojason »

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3371 on: April 2, 2021, 01:51:28 pm »
Ewoks: Caravan of Courage

The Towani family’s starcruiser crashes on the forest moon of Endor, and the separation of two children from their parents sets into motion an incredible adventure that takes four-year-old Cindel, and her older brother, Mace, into the unfamiliar world of the Ewoks.

When I was 6 I had to spend some time in hospital after a serious injury and they showed this on mute on the TV in some sort of play area they had in the kids' wing. I'd never heard of it but had seen Return of the Jedi so assumed it was that, and it literally bugged me for years that there was this 'other Star Wars' I remembered with a different actor playing Luke (because on mute I never heard the name Mace).

Hard to remember life before just being able to look stuff up online.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3372 on: April 5, 2021, 12:37:59 am »

^ For years and some unknown reason I thought both Ewok films were the one and the same film - and just had different titles. The early days of the internet were an eye opener!

I think StarWars.com had their own forums too (just checked, they did - 10 years since they closed them... just before the the 2011 SE blu rays were released) - which were also quite handy for info. Though as more and more info became available... more information came to light about some of Lucas' 'inconsistent' and 'contradictory' claims re Star Wars history ;)

I'll have to give both the Ewok films a re-watch; apparently they are in HD on Disney+ (though could be just an upscale of the SD / DVD format?)...

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3373 on: April 5, 2021, 11:35:32 am »
^ For years and some unknown reason I thought both Ewok films were the one and the same film - and just had different titles. The early days of the internet were an eye opener!

I think StarWars.com had their own forums too (just checked, they did - 10 years since they closed them... just before the the 2011 SE blu rays were released) - which were also quite handy for info. Though as more and more info became available... more information came to light about some of Lucas' 'inconsistent' and 'contradictory' claims re Star Wars history ;)

I'll have to give both the Ewok films a re-watch; apparently they are in HD on Disney+ (though could be just an upscale of the SD / DVD format?)...

Am just watching one of the Ewok films now. I have no memory of them at all but looks like they are definitely for kids. Theres even a monster that is like a Ray Harryhausen effect.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: April 6, 2021, 12:11:21 pm »
I tried watching the Ewoks the other day after reminiscing watching them as a kid - shit theme tune and shit cartoon
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #3375 on: April 6, 2021, 03:25:06 pm »
Is it at all possible that the 1980s post-RotJ Star Wars content for kids was just low-effort cash grabs?

Just putting the thought out there. After all, Star Wars fandom dropped off pretty quickly after the movies until it was rekindled with novels, computer games and Lego in the early-mid 90s.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3376 on: April 6, 2021, 03:26:58 pm »

Yeah, I think 'Battle For Endor' (2nd Ewok film) was aimed at older kids than in Caravan Of Courage - especially given what happens in the first few minutes in BFE!

The Ewok cartoon? Seemed a bit too 'Care Bears' for me.

Was more of a 'Star Wars: Droids' man myself ;) Plus it had Boba Fett in an episode, Kybo Ren!, music by Stewart Copeland, and people from Star Wars like Ben Burtt & Joe Johnston worked on it.

It also had R2D2 playing the guitar...

Is it at all possible that the 1980s post-RotJ Star Wars content for kids was just low-effort cash grabs?

Just putting the thought out there. After all, Star Wars fandom dropped off pretty quickly after the movies until it was rekindled with novels, computer games and Lego in the early-mid 90s.

Yeah, you're probably right mate. IIRC the Ewok films were meant to be a dry run for Willow - there was at one point meant to be a third Ewok film, but they were seemingly getting more expensive to make... and George apparently thought he was ready for Willow after BFE.

The two animated series helped shift a lot of merch and toys at the time too - which is something George was prioritising / focusing on a little more after Empire Strikes Back.

The 2003 Clone Wars happened because George liked Genndy Tartakovsky style and content in his other work - and was looking into ways of building upon the whole Star Wars series a little more (which we got with the later Clone Wars film, series and then Rebels etc).

Until the news of the 1997 Special Editions and news of the Prequels... fandom was making do with games and EU content like Shadows Of The Empire, Dark Empire and Thrawn books, as you say.

It's cool that fans get to see this out-of-print content again (and that it cuts off the rip-off merchants on ebay etc) - though a little shame Lucasfilm didn't put more effort into them now. HD is ok, but the Ewok films could've easily be shown in 4K - or from a new scan from the prints. Both the mid-80's animated series were produced by Nelvana on film - so the quality could have been a lot better here too. 'The Story of the Faithful Wookiee' content is in the same quality as it was as a hidden easter egg on the 2011 blu ray - though as it was the only part of the Holiday Special shot on film... could have been in better quality on Disney+ as well.

(I think that's enough moaning on from me)

« Last Edit: April 6, 2021, 03:57:53 pm by oojason »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3377 on: April 6, 2021, 05:50:32 pm »

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

Marauders raid the Ewok village and steal a power supply they believe to be magical. Wicket helps Cindel escape the evil witch Charal, and they befriend a hermit who may help them save the village.

Is that guy on the poster meant to be the young version of Noa/Wilford Brimley?  Otherwise it was ace misdirection, as the kid's big brother gets massacred in the first five minutes of the film (spoiler alert!) ;D

PS: I didn't realise Wilford Brimley actually passed away only last year.  He was great in The Thing.

PPS: Willow is a great film.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3378 on: April 6, 2021, 06:06:17 pm »

^ misdirection mate :)

The VHS cover back in the day really did 'subvert the expectations' too...

Good to see the original blurrgs get about though (later in The Mandalorian)

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3379 on: May 4, 2021, 07:09:14 pm »
out of curiosity I watched that bad batch episode 1.

decent.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3380 on: May 4, 2021, 07:44:50 pm »
May the Fourth be with you

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3381 on: May 4, 2021, 11:19:15 pm »
out of curiosity I watched that bad batch episode 1.

decent.

Yeah I enjoyed it, glad Filoni is still expanding the CGI universe at the same time all the live action series are expanding.

Saw this week there filming some of that Cassian Andor show in Cleveleys (near Blackpool) this week.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3382 on: May 5, 2021, 12:59:56 am »
May the Fourth be with you

Nah. 

The 25th May seems a better day to celebrate Star Wars than some Tory pun praising Thatcher (and now used to sell even more tat - like they need an excuse ;)).

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3383 on: June 21, 2021, 10:52:31 pm »
Star Wars: Droids is now up on Disney+ as part of the 'Star Wars Vintage Collection' too (as of last Friday)...

www.disneyplus.com/en-gb/series/star-wars-vintage-droids/5q1WkH85QhgL

Some Star Wars: Droids content that also later ended up being used / mentioned in the Prequel Trilogy:-

https://www.starwars.com/news/from-boonta-to-baobab-droids-and-the-star-wars-prequels

(Boba Fett, ‘Kybo Ren’, droid soldiers, General Grievous’ wheel bike, Boonta Eve race, two-headed race commentators, Bogden (the swamp planet), the Baobab family too etc)

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088510  Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_Droids  Fan Site: http://droidsandewoks.weebly.com
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 10:54:08 pm by oojason »

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3384 on: July 5, 2021, 01:03:22 am »

'Star Wars: Visions | Special Look | Disney+'  a 3 minute video at the official Star Wars youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b9Gr9gKFxpE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b9Gr9gKFxpE</a>

The blurb: 'Seven Japanese anime studios bring their unique talent and perspective to 'Star Wars: Visions', a collection of animated Original Short Films, streaming September 22 on Disney+.

As a first formal venture into anime, each “Star Wars: Visions” short bears a unique Japanese sensibility, which in many ways aligns with the tone and spirit of Star Wars storytelling. From the beginning, stories told in the Star Wars galaxy have counted Japanese mythology and the films of Akira Kurosawa among their many influences, and these new visions will further explore that cultural heritage through the unique animation style and perspective of each anime studio.'

Very much looking forward to this - seeing some original stories in various animated styles. Glimpses and clips from the above video have certain whet the appetite.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: July 21, 2021, 11:08:50 pm »
Watched the original trilogy the past couple of days having never seen them before and although I enjoyed them I do have one burning question.

Why has Boba Fett got this reputation as some sort of cool character when he is in all 3 films for a total of 10 minutes and is pretty shite for the whole of the 10 minutes?

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3386 on: July 22, 2021, 12:55:36 am »
Watched the original trilogy the past couple of days having never seen them before and although I enjoyed them I do have one burning question.

Why has Boba Fett got this reputation as some sort of cool character when he is in all 3 films for a total of 10 minutes and is pretty shite for the whole of the 10 minutes?
Because he looked "cool" at the time. Plus the mystery element. Like everything Star Wars, he sold a shit load of toys because he was designed to.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3387 on: July 22, 2021, 08:25:04 am »
Because he looked "cool" at the time. Plus the mystery element. Like everything Star Wars, he sold a shit load of toys because he was designed to.

With the amount I’ve seen of him over the years I honestly thought he was going to play some big part in any of the 3 originals and yet he gets “killed off” in a pretty hilarious fashion.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3388 on: July 22, 2021, 08:28:55 am »
rule of cool.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: July 22, 2021, 08:52:12 am »
I thought the original trilogy was really good anyway, the first 2 are great films with the third one being slightly weaker.

Not looking forward to the prequels!

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3390 on: July 23, 2021, 07:08:11 am »
With the amount I’ve seen of him over the years I honestly thought he was going to play some big part in any of the 3 originals and yet he gets “killed off” in a pretty hilarious fashion.

Boba Fett didn't die in the Sarlacc

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: July 23, 2021, 08:48:28 am »

Hence the inverted commas!  ;D

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3392 on: July 23, 2021, 07:39:31 pm »
Hence the inverted commas!  ;D

Fair enough I took the inverted commas to mean the implied death as you don't actually see him die

As for your initial question Boba Fett has a much bigger footprint in the extended universe which is why a lot of fans like him but Mac is also correct he was cool looking and had a jetpack which made him stand out in the original movies

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3393 on: July 23, 2021, 08:39:32 pm »
Should have though.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #3394 on: July 23, 2021, 08:55:53 pm »
'Star Wars: Visions | Special Look | Disney+'  a 3 minute video at the official Star Wars youtube channel:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/b9Gr9gKFxpE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/b9Gr9gKFxpE</a>

The blurb: 'Seven Japanese anime studios bring their unique talent and perspective to 'Star Wars: Visions', a collection of animated Original Short Films, streaming September 22 on Disney+.

As a first formal venture into anime, each “Star Wars: Visions” short bears a unique Japanese sensibility, which in many ways aligns with the tone and spirit of Star Wars storytelling. From the beginning, stories told in the Star Wars galaxy have counted Japanese mythology and the films of Akira Kurosawa among their many influences, and these new visions will further explore that cultural heritage through the unique animation style and perspective of each anime studio.'

Very much looking forward to this - seeing some original stories in various animated styles. Glimpses and clips from the above video have certain whet the appetite.

Yes please.

More things need the 'Anime Anthology' treatment. The Animatrix was phenomenal, likewise some of the Blade Runner 2047 stuff which is now being turned into a full series.
:D

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3395 on: July 23, 2021, 10:03:34 pm »
Should have though.

Why?, he's a badass, the best bounty hunter in the galaxy and he's wearing Mandalorian armour which is strong enough to deflect a lightsabre, just because the movies didn't reflect this because the good guys had to win, it was how he was written so him surviving albeit being severely messed up is not a bad thing and there were decent books written about his exploits after.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: July 23, 2021, 11:29:04 pm »
Haha wow The Phantom Menace is shockingly bad isn’t it? That Jar Jar Binks has to be one of the worst characters ever created.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: July 23, 2021, 11:36:08 pm »
Haha wow The Phantom Menace is shockingly bad isn’t it? That Jar Jar Binks has to be one of the worst characters ever created.

Wait till you see Attack of the Clones - a lot less Jar Jar, but even more bad acting. Episode 3 is a lot better though. There are some Star Wars fans who insist the prequels are better than the sequels - they're not. The overall story of the prequels is decent, but the execution is terrible.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: July 23, 2021, 11:42:48 pm »
Wait till you see Attack of the Clones - a lot less Jar Jar, but even more bad acting. Episode 3 is a lot better though. There are some Star Wars fans who insist the prequels are better than the sequels - they're not. The overall story of the prequels is decent, but the execution is terrible.

The only good thing in Phantom Menace was the fight at the end between Maul and the two Jedis. That was it. Even that pod racing scene went on far too long than it should have. Shite!

AotC does sound incredibly boring, I’ll lash it on tomorrow night  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3399 on: July 23, 2021, 11:45:47 pm »
Yeah… they are properly beserk…

The effects are so terrible, nothing looks real.  And the beauty of TOT was that everything looked so real.  To go from that to some second rate CGI tat was so poor.

And that’s without the lack of plot and terrible acting and dialogue.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W