Author Topic: Homeland - now finished in the States - here be spoilers  (Read 122276 times)

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2012, 08:46:09 am »
excellent episode 4,,bubbling along nicely.
bollocks

Offline libby_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.
    • Twitter
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2012, 11:17:26 am »
God, I love Carrie and Brodie together. It's fucked up, but I love it!

It has to be building to something good, since they're going so fast. You wouldn't get something so apparently massive out in the open so soon, unless something better was coming along, surely.

Or, they took it to a heart a bit too much about the pace lagging a little bit in season one, and are overcompensating a lot!
People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: October 23, 2012, 12:16:31 pm »
Spoiler
Anyone else just get the feeling its moving far far too fast, in 2 episodes we go from Saul finding out that Brody is a terrorist, to the CIA following him, to Carrie blowing his cover and taking him in. Just very very fast.
[close]

Spoiler
yip as much as i loved it it feels as if its being rushed going from last season where it was slowly revealed this season you seem to find out everything straight away   
[close]

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2012, 06:38:23 pm »
I admire what they're doing now but I'm not sure if I like it that much
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2012, 06:41:56 pm »
not quite, it's more because the portrayal of beirut is supposedly far from the truth (i've never been there, but a lot of discussion of the first few episodes seems to confirm that), which has a knock on effect on public perception/tourism etc.  i can see their point, i guess.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s188/homeland/news/a431963/homeland-producers-to-be-sued-by-lebanese-government.html

Fair enough, that.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2012, 07:18:20 pm »
I'm a huge fan of this show but I've found the last 2 episodes a disappointment! I mean what's the rush?
It has to be building to something good, since they're going so fast. You wouldn't get something so apparently massive out in the open so soon, unless something better was coming along, surely.

That's my guess too.I mean i can't imagine them having nothing else to show in the coming episodes.That would be a major letdown.There has to be something even better to show us as long as they don't go down the 24 route.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2012, 01:50:38 pm »
Spoiler
Can't get enough of that final scene. Brody realising he's busted, psyching himself up to kill Carrie, her telling him he's a traitor and a terrorist...stunning. Oh, and Saul's 'get the fuck away from her'.

I'm excited by the prospect of Brody being forced to try and bring down Nazir, but I wonder how long that storyline will last. Because when Nazir's caught, Brody is surely worthless.  I think initially the show could have moved beyond Brody and simply have been Carrie and Saul taking on other terrorists, but Brody is too crucial now. He and Carrie are the show.

And surely Brody will be removed from the running as a possible Veep now. Even if the CIA can't tell Walden why, they could find another way to eliminate him. Although I'm humoured by the idea of Brody, a known terrorist to a select few, one heartbeat away from the presidency. The show wouldn't be that daft, would they? Then Walden would die, and we'd have a great episode where Brody has to balance the State of the Union address with blowing up Congress.
[close]

Pheeny

« Reply #127 on: October 24, 2012, 02:13:19 pm »
so if he's a Muslim why is he drinking alcohol? 

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2012, 02:33:32 pm »
Muslim friend of mine told me they're allowed to drink alcohol but not allowed to get drunk.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2012, 02:36:38 pm »
Muslim friend of mine told me they're allowed to drink alcohol but not allowed to get drunk.

He was very drunk in the first season.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2012, 03:58:52 pm »

Not exactly the worst crime he's committed against his faith...

Offline Jazzmaster

• Farty, talkative doorstop.
  • Main Stander
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2012, 04:01:23 pm »
Same dude

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
  • Lord, I can't go back there...
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2012, 04:06:28 pm »
'My name is Inigo Montaya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.'  *swish*
Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline RedGuy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2012, 06:20:26 pm »
He was very drunk in the first season.
To be fair my friend did tell me this after drinking a few beers and me asking him the same question. So who knows if he was telling the truth :P

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2012, 06:56:07 pm »

who's "they"?  that might apply to some obscure subset of converted non-practicing fundamentalist strange-accented ginger ex-marine terrorists, but certainly not to actual muslims :)
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: October 24, 2012, 07:04:35 pm »
Spoiler
Can't get enough of that final scene. Brody realising he's busted, psyching himself up to kill Carrie, her telling him he's a traitor and a terrorist...stunning. Oh, and Saul's 'get the fuck away from her'.

I'm excited by the prospect of Brody being forced to try and bring down Nazir, but I wonder how long that storyline will last. Because when Nazir's caught, Brody is surely worthless.  I think initially the show could have moved beyond Brody and simply have been Carrie and Saul taking on other terrorists, but Brody is too crucial now. He and Carrie are the show.

And surely Brody will be removed from the running as a possible Veep now. Even if the CIA can't tell Walden why, they could find another way to eliminate him. Although I'm humoured by the idea of Brody, a known terrorist to a select few, one heartbeat away from the presidency. The show wouldn't be that daft, would they? Then Walden would die, and we'd have a great episode where Brody has to balance the State of the Union address with blowing up Congress.
[close]

Spoiler
i loved that last scene too, so dense and layered, especially compared to the tedious previous 40 minutes.  when carrie said "it reeks... your bullshit" i actually sat forward in my seat, it was such a shock...

i suspect we're going to end up now with brody as a double agent with carrie and the reporter 'handling' him on respective sides.  add in the fellow marines circling round the truth, the wife who seems somewhat unhinged and could blurt stuff out at any moment, and the daughter getting intimate with the son of a former target, and it could turn out quite good.  i especially look forward to brody with utterly divided loyalties and motivations.

[close]
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2012, 09:21:28 pm »
Spoiler
i loved that last scene too, so dense and layered, especially compared to the tedious previous 40 minutes.  when carrie said "it reeks... your bullshit" i actually sat forward in my seat, it was such a shock...

i suspect we're going to end up now with brody as a double agent with carrie and the reporter 'handling' him on respective sides.  add in the fellow marines circling round the truth, the wife who seems somewhat unhinged and could blurt stuff out at any moment, and the daughter getting intimate with the son of a former target, and it could turn out quite good.  i especially look forward to brody with utterly divided loyalties and motivations.

[close]

Spoiler
Not to mention we've still got the small matter of the mole in the CIA.
[close]

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2012, 11:53:14 pm »
Spoiler
Anyone else just get the feeling its moving far far too fast, in 2 episodes we go from Saul finding out that Brody is a terrorist, to the CIA following him, to Carrie blowing his cover and taking him in. Just very very fast.
[close]
I was worried about this. The second episode set such a pace so early on, I wondered if it would actually break
the season and potentially the entire series. The 3rd episode was just a mess, and the 4th was verging on jumping the shark for me right up until the end where I'm now back on the fence. It's dug itself into a hole. I hope the writers don't dig deeper or dig themselves out.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2012, 05:09:18 pm »
I was worried about this. The second episode set such a pace so early on, I wondered if it would actually break
the season and potentially the entire series. The 3rd episode was just a mess, and the 4th was verging on jumping the shark for me right up until the end where I'm now back on the fence. It's dug itself into a hole. I hope the writers don't dig deeper or dig themselves out.

That third episode was a complete wreck. I mean they literally took everyone for granted there. I have better expectations of the show, after the last episode.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2012, 01:55:45 pm »
Just finished the fifth episode. Well well well.

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2012, 01:59:20 pm »
Increible for 50 minutes. Then, all of that good work was nearly undone by an absolutely ludicrous and pointless plot device in the last 10 minutes. Seriously annoying.

Anyway... When Danes and Lewis are on screen together it's at its magnificent best. Brilliant chemistry.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2012, 02:01:08 pm »
Increible for 50 minutes. Then, all of that good work was nearly undone by an absolutely ludicrous and pointless plot device in the last 10 minutes. Seriously annoying.

Anyway... When Danes and Lewis are on screen together it's at its magnificent best. Brilliant chemistry.

Are you referring to

Spoiler
the hit and run nonsense
[close]

by any chance?

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2012, 02:05:44 pm »
Best episode of the series so far - some really great acting and development - though like Mr D says that event in the last 10 minutes just did not gel there at all - could've easily held that back till the next ep.

Looking forward to next week though :)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2012, 02:07:42 pm »
Are you referring to

Spoiler
the hit and run nonsense
[close]

by any chance?
Spoiler
Yes. I actually shouted at my computer screen in frustration. Why did the writers feel that was necessary? Seems like a lack of confidence in the main plot, which for this episode at least, was marvellous.
[close]
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2012, 02:12:48 pm »
Spoiler
Yes. I actually shouted at my computer screen in frustration. Why did the writers feel that was necessary? Seems like a lack of confidence in the main plot, which for this episode at least, was marvellous.
[close]

Spoiler
The only thing that would really make sense is if the shit started to hit the fan with Brody and Dana used what Finn's done to blackmail Walden?
[close]

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2012, 02:37:49 pm »
That guy who acts all cool, just totally loses it.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2012, 02:45:30 pm »
That guy who acts all cool, just totally loses it.

Spoiler
The CIA guy? He did it on purpose, to be the bad cop so Carrie could be the good cop.

Rolled my eyes at the Finn/Dana developments, but hoping there's a reason for it all in the long run. I expect there will be, and it'll tie into Brody/Walden.

Stunning stuff between Brody and Carrie in the interrogation scenes.
[close]

Offline Carra-ton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2012, 02:57:25 pm »
Spoiler
The CIA guy? He did it on purpose, to be the bad cop so Carrie could be the good cop.

Rolled my eyes at the Finn/Dana developments, but hoping there's a reason for it all in the long run. I expect there will be, and it'll tie into Brody/Walden.

Stunning stuff between Brody and Carrie in the interrogation scenes.
[close]

Ahh, just watched it completely..had seen half the episode and had gone out.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2012, 03:33:08 pm »
As with most sub-plots in any of these rather fantastic television shows, I can't be arsed with it until it sneaks its way into the main plot. At which point you say, "I guess it was all rather essential" after all. Give it time folks.

P.S. Some bloody good acting in this week's instalment.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2012, 09:09:54 pm »
Amazing episode, nuff said.

The sub plot thing will definitely tie in later down the line.

Also, surprised me that Homeland gets almost double the viewing figures on Channel 4 than it does on Showtime, though it is a premium cable channel in the States.
:D

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2012, 11:26:18 pm »
Wow.

Offline mildale

• Mildly Jealous of a custom title
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: October 29, 2012, 11:45:12 pm »
Not as attached to this as I was during Season 1.

Spoiler
I hope Brody ends up betraying the CIA. It's just more interesting when he's a terrorist. Although I suspect the reason he didn't admit to wearing the vest was to show he's not going to be entirely honest with the CIA and is still a baddie.
[close]
www.twitter.com/mildale89

Oh and dont use Mars bars as sex tools. Took me ages to get it all out.

Offline Antics

• Roadshow
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is what you'll get when you mess with us.
« Reply #152 on: October 30, 2012, 02:22:46 am »
Well, that episode probably secured next years emmy for Lewis, magnificent.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: October 30, 2012, 02:56:08 am »
while it was good to have a 'talky' episode for a change, and the acting was stellar as usual, i think the writing itself was poor.  especially weak was the idea that
Spoiler
a hardened marine who has already been brainwashed but only after years of effort should break his programming just because carrie makes eyes at him and delivers a sub-dead poets society speech at him.
[close]

i also agree
Spoiler
about the daft sub-plot (i find that whole sub-plot utterly tedious to be honest), but it will link in further down the line in some tenuous "do you know what your son did?" way, no doubt.
[close]

it does, however, emphasise the talent of the actress who plays dana.  her expression and tone of voice are never still, and she can make a greeting sound like an accusation and a warning simultaneously.  superb.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #154 on: October 30, 2012, 03:38:41 am »
while it was good to have a 'talky' episode for a change, and the acting was stellar as usual, i think the writing itself was poor.  especially weak was the idea that
Spoiler
a hardened marine who has already been brainwashed but only after years of effort should break his programming just because carrie makes eyes at him and delivers a sub-dead poets society speech at him.
[close]

Spoiler
Except he had already broken programming hadn't he? He didn't blow himself up at the end of season one, he constantly battles with what he has to do... there's a lot of inner conflict there. Cary simply pushed him over the edge, or perhaps she hasn't - we don't fully understand what's going on in Brody's head
[close]
:D

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: October 30, 2012, 04:25:20 am »
Spoiler
Except he had already broken programming hadn't he? He didn't blow himself up at the end of season one, he constantly battles with what he has to do... there's a lot of inner conflict there. Cary simply pushed him over the edge, or perhaps she hasn't - we don't fully understand what's going on in Brody's head
[close]

Spoiler
well, yes, but i'm not saying he's a nazirite (?) through and through.  why did he break programming that time in the bunker?  overwhelmingly, insofar as we can see any tv character's motivation, it was to protect his family, their reputation, and his reputation in their eyes.  that was his current programming as far as he was concerned, and that was what he was sticking to during the first interrogation. 

it was a cheap bit of writing to have a cheesy god-bless-america-oh-captain-my-captain speech change that firm conviction in him, open himself up to prosecution etc. (this was before the offer of immunity for collaboration).

it was lazy yet fully consistent with the rushed nature of the season to date.  while gripped by the scene, i laughed at the cheesiness of its conclusion.  extremely poorly written, but very well acted.
[close]

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: October 30, 2012, 01:00:42 pm »
Spoiler
watched it last night and loved it but found the car chase with the kids totally pointless can see brodie using it as a blackmail to wreck the the campaign bid but i hope am wrong  loved the bad cop good cop scene never expected or even thought of it at the time, also is it me or is everything moving really quickly ?
[close]

Offline El_Macca_17

• Legacy Fan
  • Out here on the perimeter there are no stars.
« Reply #157 on: October 30, 2012, 05:56:53 pm »
What struck me about this week's episode was that their so-called crack team of surveillance experts consisted of 2 guys sitting in a car with the window down, one holding a camera and the other a pair of binoculars. Hardly deep, deep undercover........

Still great though.
"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Homeland Season 2 Discussion - *contains spoilers*
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2012, 06:53:23 pm »
This is exceedingly well acted but poorly plotted, even more frustrating contrivances this week.

Im not really as taken with this season as the first one.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 06:56:41 pm by Rusty Oysterburger »
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2012, 07:22:46 pm »
Also, surprised me that Homeland gets almost double the viewing figures on Channel 4 than it does on Showtime, though it is a premium cable channel in the States.

Is that a concern long term for the show?