Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 195431 times)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #1560 on: March 27, 2021, 02:55:29 pm »
The Vinted ad where the woman says clodes clodes clodes at the start. Its clothes!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: March 30, 2021, 07:51:49 pm »
I hate every single person involved in those Peloton adverts. Fuck off!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1562 on: March 30, 2021, 08:11:13 pm »
The Ebay radio ad, annoying Manc girl buying a computer being sold by some annoying lad.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #1563 on: March 31, 2021, 12:12:00 am »
The new Head & Shoulders one with Claudia Winkleman makes my toes curl. Her last one was bad, but this one even tops that for cringe-factor.  :o
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: March 31, 2021, 12:13:17 am »
Everyone to do with that deserves a tactical nuclear device aimed in their general direction.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1565 on: March 31, 2021, 10:40:27 pm »

A bunch of smug show offs. One of the 'instructresses', the blond one is particularly fucking irritating.

And the adverts before football - the Honey thing for sex aids, erectile dysfunction and a series of betting ads. Do the advertisers think football fans are a bunch of frustrated, sex mad degenerate gamblers?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #1566 on: March 31, 2021, 11:08:36 pm »
A bunch of smug show offs. One of the 'instructresses', the blond one is particularly fucking irritating.

And the adverts before football - the Honey thing for sex aids, erectile dysfunction and a series of betting ads. Do the advertisers think football fans are a bunch of frustrated, sex mad degenerate gamblers?
Lash in some booze and it's a fair cop guv :-[
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1567 on: April 13, 2021, 10:39:20 pm »

I'm not sure what's the most irritating, Paddy Power ads[Paddy Power always feel the most obnoxious of the betting ads] or the stupid gambleaware slogan at the end of all the betting adverts, when the fun stops, i mean WTF, as if a person with gambling issues, is going to stop when the fun stops. :butt
#Sausages

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1568 on: April 14, 2021, 08:59:06 pm »
New Toyota ad

Woeful, shrill voice

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1569 on: April 15, 2021, 09:37:07 am »
The shortened Yorkshire Tea one, the one with Sean Bean ranting some bollocks to new recruits about 'do it for Yorkshire'.

The original was cringey enough, but then the tagline was "Yorkshire, where everything's done proper" before they cutaway to him giving details of what to do if the fire alarm goes off, which redeemed the ad ('where everything's done proper')

Now they've dropped the fire alarm bit, which is the whole punchline of the ad, but still kept the 'done proper' line. It doesn't make any sense, and is just Bean ranting.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: April 16, 2021, 02:50:04 pm »
How the hell hasn't the novelty of those Meerkat ad's worn off yet?

Don't think Ive watched one of the zillions of adverts over what seems like the last decade and even laughed once.  Let alone been compelled to Compare the Market because of them.

The advertising campaign obviously works as Compare the market keep ploughing on with it.

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1571 on: April 16, 2021, 04:59:59 pm »
That Verisure ad.

'We've just come home and are shocked to see that burglars have broken in'.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: April 16, 2021, 06:34:06 pm »

Don't think Ive watched one of the zillions of adverts over what seems like the last decade and even laughed once.  Let alone been compelled to Compare the Market because of them.

The advertising campaign obviously works as Compare the market keep ploughing on with it.

Thought you'd be a fan, given the Meerkat is voiced by Michael from Alan Partridge.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: April 17, 2021, 12:17:22 am »
That Verisure ad.

'We've just come home and are shocked to see that burglars have broken in'.

I hate that one too.

I see they've shortened it now as well. The slightly longer one sounded even more awkward.

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1574 on: April 17, 2021, 08:49:46 am »
I know Claudia Winklemans hair ad has been mentioned on here but has anyone seen the new one? Its appalling.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1575 on: April 17, 2021, 09:41:07 am »
Thought you'd be a fan, given the Meerkat is voiced by Michael from Alan Partridge.

haha so it is!!

I like them now :)

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1576 on: April 17, 2021, 11:04:09 am »

You threw a meerkat in the sea?!
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: April 17, 2021, 04:00:05 pm »
I know Claudia Winklemans hair ad has been mentioned on here but has anyone seen the new one? Its appalling.
Yep, I mentioned it too. The first one was bad, but the new one is appalling.

You'd think she'd look at the script and say, ''come on, this is terrible, let's work on it a bit'' before committing to film.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: April 17, 2021, 04:04:39 pm »

Anyone dissing the Meerkats needs to be sent to their room without any supper then flogged mercilessly.

:)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1579 on: April 21, 2021, 03:26:12 pm »
Yep, I mentioned it too. The first one was bad, but the new one is appalling.

You'd think she'd look at the script and say, ''come on, this is terrible, let's work on it a bit'' before committing to film.

She probably wrote the script, the inane twat.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1580 on: April 21, 2021, 04:46:07 pm »

She probably wrote the script, the inane twat.
Good point.  :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: April 30, 2021, 10:14:10 am »
The BT one with "Paula" and her shit broadband signal is driving me nuts now. 

I just hate the way the voiceover keeps repeating her name "Paula"

Go get em' Paula.

And the smug girl off the Sky Mobile ads drives me mad too. 

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: April 30, 2021, 12:25:22 pm »
Any advert that tries to show 'ordinary' people living their 'ordinary' lives, usually with a 'quirky' Northern voiceover. Because Northern = authentic, apparently.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2021, 09:12:04 am by Rob Dylan »

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #1583 on: May 5, 2021, 08:13:17 am »
The new-ish skips and bins one.

"Where do you get your bins from?". The council.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: May 12, 2021, 05:33:54 pm »
Watching videos on Youtube, I'm all of a sudden getting James Corden's fat face appearing advertising something or other. No idea what he is advertising, the fact that it's him is annoying enough.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: June 2, 2021, 11:53:30 am »
WOOOOOOOOOOULDN'T IT BE NICE if Sky Mobile changed the music on their shite adverts

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1586 on: June 6, 2021, 03:43:35 pm »
The dubbed child's voice in the AWS advert. It's like an adult doing a sarcastic child's voice in a losing argument.

It's like nails on a blackboard.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: June 7, 2021, 01:22:59 pm »
WOOOOOOOOOOULDN'T IT BE NICE if Sky Mobile changed the music on their shite adverts

If I never heard that damn song ever again it wouldn’t be a day to soon.

That ‘just eat’ one with like some kind of computerised voice-over is so annoying too. :no

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: June 7, 2021, 01:39:09 pm »
That Dominos one with the yodelling.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: June 7, 2021, 11:56:43 pm »
That Dominos one with the yodelling.
It's bad. Very bad.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #1590 on: June 8, 2021, 12:08:38 am »
Yes that is fucking awful.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1591 on: June 8, 2021, 12:41:12 pm »
LETS GO PELOTON

Off a cliff, preferably

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: June 8, 2021, 08:29:08 pm »
LETS GO PELOTON

Off a cliff, preferably

You've smashed it. Quite literally.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: June 8, 2021, 09:38:10 pm »
LETS GO PELOTON

Off a cliff, preferably

The one with the cheesy looking bloke and the two hard faced girls.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: June 8, 2021, 09:46:51 pm »
LETS GO PELOTON

Off a cliff, preferably

STAY WITH ME COME ON.

Hate it and hate the song they play too.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1595 on: June 12, 2021, 06:24:34 pm »
The new Verisure advert.

It seems advertisers are so desperate to not be seen as sexist towards women ... that they are sexist towards men instead.  :butt

Here, we have two couples, but only the females speak. The females discuss one of the couples getting an alarm system because the other couple has one. The males have no say in any of this and sit there like brainless, mute, nodding dogs.

Well done Verisure.  ::)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1596 on: June 12, 2021, 07:46:20 pm »
The new Verisure advert.

It seems advertisers are so desperate to not be seen as sexist towards women ... that they are sexist towards men instead.  :butt

Here, we have two couples, but only the females speak. The females discuss one of the couples getting an alarm system because the other couple has one. The males have no say in any of this and sit there like brainless, mute, nodding dogs.

Well done Verisure.  ::)

Where's Mr Cholmondely-Warner to inject some common sense when you need it?

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1597 on: June 14, 2021, 07:49:03 am »
The Ribena one with the lad who has the berry field and his bird says at the end “Andrew! Let’s get these off to the pisser/presser/prisser”. What the fuck does she say at the end?!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1598 on: June 14, 2021, 07:54:46 am »
The Ribena one with the lad who has the berry field and his bird says at the end “Andrew! Let’s get these off to the pisser/presser/prisser”. What the fuck does she say at the end?!

Presser surely? Unless theres a secret ingredient in Ribena!

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: June 14, 2021, 08:31:20 am »
Presser surely? Unless theres a secret ingredient in Ribena!

Thought as much myself but she says it horribly it sounds like pissseerrr.