Author Topic: Wasps  (Read 78900 times)

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
Re: wasps
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2011, 04:33:13 pm »
A can of expanding foam into the nest will sort the buggers out! if you can get close enough to it that is  :)

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2011, 04:41:26 pm »
They are sneaky buggers.

There was one in my bathroom on Saturday, so I opened the window and shut the door.  The next time I went up it had gone so I shut the window and it has been closed ever since. 

Then this morning it had reappeared.  I have no idea where it was hiding.

I am rubbish at killing things (even wasps) and as it looked a bit dopey I decided to leave it - again with the window open and the door shut. 

I just went upstairs and it is dead on the window sill.  Or is it??

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2011, 07:19:29 pm »
Second only to the bullet ant in terms of pain from the sting according to that pain index. Intense pain.
That pain index looks a bit strange though.

1.0 Sweat bee: Light, ephemeral, almost fruity. A tiny spark has singed a single hair on your arm.

1.2 Fire ant: Sharp, sudden, mildly alarming. Like walking across a shag carpet and reaching for the light switch.

1.8 Bullhorn acacia ant: A rare, piercing, elevated sort of pain. Someone has fired a staple into your cheek.

2.0 Bald-faced hornet: Rich, hearty, slightly crunchy. Similar to getting your hand mashed in a revolving door.

2.0 Yellowjacket: Hot and smoky, almost irreverent. Imagine W. C. Fields extinguishing a cigar on your tongue.

2.x Honey bee and European hornet: Like a matchhead that flips off and burns on your skin.

3.0 Red harvester ant: Bold and unrelenting. Somebody is using a drill to excavate your ingro
wn toenail.

3.0 Paper wasp: Caustic and burning. Distinctly bitter aftertaste. Like spilling a beaker of hydrochloric acid on a paper cut.

4.0 tarantula hawk: Blinding, fierce, shockingly electric. A running hair drier has been dropped into your bubble bath.

4.0+ Bullet ant: Pure, intense, brilliant pain. Like fire-walking over flaming charcoal with a 3-inch rusty nail in your heel.[

Would like to know who the poor fucker who had to test out what all these stings felt like if they are really anything like what he compares them to.....
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2011, 07:34:21 pm »
Would like to know who the poor fucker who had to test out what all these stings felt like if they are really anything like what he compares them to.....

to be honest I think I might just take his word for it. Mad bastard whoever he is. Sounds like a wine list.

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2011, 07:44:52 pm »
Horseflies are the worst creature on the planet. A wasp will take the hint after a few swipes and only really wants sweet foods and drinks that are lying around, were as horseflies, they want me. They want my blood and that, is a massive fucking no no.

Bees are ace.
Spot on. HAte the fuckers.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2011, 07:47:28 pm »
I had what I thought was a fly flying around my shop yesterday - so I decided to catch it when it buzzed past me. Little bastard turned out to be a wasp and stung my hand; it was fucking painful! I must admit to taking great satisfaction though when I stamped it to a pulp!
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Jimmy Jazz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2011, 07:57:16 pm »
;D

Lucky it didn't sting you, unfortunately happened to a friend when one got into her can of Coke.

When I was a kid, someone told me if a wasp stings your throat you'd die because of the swelling. I was always paranoid about them in the summer.

One got in my room last week, hid in my jeans, and stung my hand when i went to put them on the next morning. Bastard.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Mόller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2011, 08:49:10 pm »
Wasps are cool.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2011, 09:15:16 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2011, 09:24:30 pm »

HO

LE

FUCK

I would shit my self if I saw that, no really, I would shit my pants.

It's a monster, a thing of nightmares.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2011, 09:56:49 pm »
Hate the motherfuckers with passion. What is the point of these horrible little fuckers on this planet? Surely evolution or God could have found a nicer insect to do its role.

We had a nest near the air vent in the verranda years ago. Literlaly couldn't open the door. Got that wasp foam and sprayed it. Worked a million. Killed them off in no time.

I always keep a can of wasp killer in the house which I use with pleasure. And I'm already looking forward to killing these fuckers with the hot weather now.

If I see one in the shed I always try to force it towards a spider web and then watch the fucker die slowly. Ha fuckin ha.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:58:31 pm by Cruiser »
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline TropicalRed

• Winner of the inaugral RAWK award for the highest number of youtube clips of godawful bands.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2011, 10:02:25 pm »
Man the fuck up! They're only wasps.

+1
Just a word about my Avatar..I am Liverpool, I have always been Liverpool and I will remain Liverpool until my dying day. Me Mam come's from Hartlepool so this avatar is for my dear old mam!!

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2011, 10:37:17 pm »
I'm getting really fidgety looking at some of these pictures and reading some stories on these little bastards. I hate wasps and any other annoying little insect. Bees I can tolerate though, at least they give you an alarm warning before they come anywhere near you.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2011, 10:38:29 pm »
Never been stung by either a wasp or a bee :wave

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2011, 10:45:02 pm »

That's a proud fact I used to boast.

I was doing a door to door job once and was standing talking to some couple when I felt this burning sensation on my calf. I looked on my trousers but couldn't see anything so assumed it'd flown away. Then I felt it again further up my leg and lifted my trouser leg up a bit, and still couldn't see anything. About 30 seconds later as I continued to talk to this couple, I felt something crawling up my thigh and managed to grab it and cheekily asked if I could use the bathroom to investigate the little creature in my pants. I'd grabbed it by the head and managed to squash it without it doing any more harm. I was relieved.

http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2011, 10:46:49 pm »

I think it's quite pretty, actually.

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2011, 10:49:22 pm »

Me neither and I still hate the fuckers!
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Derry-Red

• RAWK Technology Consultant.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2011, 11:18:58 pm »
Got stung on the next by one of the sneaky ninja bastards when I was younger. Fucking hate the wee shits.
I'd rather endure a night of sheep sex than have that clueless twat run our club into the ground any longer. You hear that NESV? I'd rather have sheep sex.

Offline BigDonga

• Serial Avatar Perv who digs blue chicks with tails
  • Kopite
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2011, 11:39:06 pm »
3.0 Paper wasp: Caustic and burning. Distinctly bitter aftertaste. Like spilling a beaker of hydrochloric acid on a paper cut.

Think who ever wrote that must have 0 pain tolerance and in general be a fuckin huge bitch.
paper wasps dont really hurt much, had some down by our pool in a bush... someone hit the bal we were playin with into it and I was the lucky one to get it out, had about 3 or 4 munchin on my leg once i got it.
Rafa tried to buy everyone.  :)
In fact, Rafa spotted Messi as a dollop of sperm but couldn't get the money from H+G.

Offline CorKopite

• a tool who can't spell
  • Legacy Fan
  • The house that Shanks built.
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2011, 01:38:30 am »
Think who ever wrote that must have 0 pain tolerance and in general be a fuckin huge bitch.
paper wasps dont really hurt much, had some down by our pool in a bush... someone hit the bal we were playin with into it and I was the lucky one to get it out, had about 3 or 4 munchin on my leg once i got it.
I cant say I even know what a paper wasp is but ya they're definitely exaggerated as there is no way Im believing that the sting from a tarantula hawk is going to give you the same shock as a running hair dryer being thrown into the bath you're in.....
Bill Shankly-"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"

Mitch Hedberg-"Dogs are forever in the push up position"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seρor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2011, 07:25:17 am »
One day there'll be a war between wasps and bees. It will be our duty as humans to aid the bees in their conquest.

Bees are our friends

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2011, 07:52:13 am »
Never been stung by a wasp or a bee, but I did get stung as a kid by a Yellowjacket.  From what I remember(since I was only two when it happened), it was a tad painful, and mum had to take me to hospital since the fucker stung me near my eye.
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2011, 08:06:08 am »
Got stung last year in the beer garden on the back of my hand swatting it away from the kids. I can't stand the little fuckers but it's different when they're going for your kids isn't it

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2011, 12:25:33 pm »
i just nailed one with me lads toy gun
stood on one yesterday so thats paback, little bastards

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2011, 12:26:42 pm »
got stung when i was like 2/3 years old on my hand, mentally scarred for life since that :D hate all fucking insects and spiders. bastards
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2011, 12:51:24 pm »
Just saw my first wasp of the year - managed to get it out of the window without much effort!  Although I had my squash racquet at the ready just incase it turned nasty.  The Mrs couldnt find my squash racquet once.  So she Cillit Banged it to death on the window sill

Offline Liveforthereds67

• Kopite
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2011, 12:55:09 pm »
Just saw my first wasp of the year - managed to get it out of the window without much effort!  Although I had my squash racquet at the ready just incase it turned nasty.  The Mrs couldnt find my squash racquet once.  So she Cillit Banged it to death on the window sill
Cillit Bang Kill's all know grems and Insects!. I will get a bottle for work
YNWA
Twitter @asp67
XBMC TV http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/forum.php

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 12:57:40 pm »
I got chased out of our loft by one last weekend. Was moving house, had a couple of bags and boxes left to get down when this wasp attacked me - kept going for my head. I have never, ever, run down a ladder so fast in my life. Which was rather dangerous in itself as the ladder is dodgy and bends in the middle, and the loft door is right above the stairs so I would have gone straight down them.

I didn't go back into the loft for 3 days, when I'd armed myself with a can of Raid. Was already dead by then though, had come out of the loft and died on the kitchen sink.

We had a nest a few years ago in the loft of one of our previous houses. Kept finding them dead on the window sills, then heard a loud buzzing in the loft. Called the landlord out, in a bid to save money the nutter climbed into the loft and just started spraying raid everywhere, with hundreds of angry wasps buzzing around him. He then grabbed a bin liner, picked up the nest, and put it out in the bin.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2011, 01:00:04 pm »
My mum actually got stung in the throat by one a few years back too. Climbed into her open can of Coke without her noticing, she takes a swig, in goes the wasp and stings her.
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2011, 01:17:26 pm »
I put out a bowl of sugary syrup with a small drop of washing up liquid... By the end of the day, there are over 50 wasps dead. Good way to keep populations down.

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2011, 01:42:57 pm »
Got stung last year in the beer garden on the back of my hand swatting it away from the kids. I can't stand the little fuckers but it's different when they're going for your kids isn't it

You've got to protect your family don't you?

A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline peelyon

• strangefruit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2011, 01:48:11 pm »
$7.50 is a bargain

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2011, 01:53:27 pm »
Got stung by something a few months back on the leg as I made the massive mistake of walking bare feet in the garden.  Did hurt quite a bit but the sensation only lasted a brief while before my legs started to swell and look like an elephant's leg.  Don't know if it was a bee or a wasp that stung me. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline lostpet.

• rewardoffered.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert text here: No Jokes Allowed
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2011, 01:54:14 pm »
this article has me twitching, i hate the c*nts and was terrified of them as a kid.

now i take great pleasure in spraying the c*nts with hairspray so their wings stick together and then using paper to pick them up and drown the fuckers in a class of water/or squash the buggers

apparently, not sure if its true or not, but wasps when killed give of a chemical that attracts other wasps

Offline greenone

• Dai Clarkson Dai Dai!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Some people believe in Jesus I believe in Ian Rush
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2011, 01:59:37 pm »
apparently, not sure if its true or not, but wasps when killed give of a chemical that attracts other wasps
Not sure if wasps do but bee's do
“A football team is like a piano. You need eight men to carry it and three who can play the damn thing.” – Bill Shankly

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2011, 05:08:55 pm »
been stung by wasps about 3 times, hate the twats me and them dont get on, one stung on me on the side of my forehead, really hurt for ages

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2011, 05:13:40 pm »
They've gone and suspended two of their swarm.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline SalisburyRed

• No fun "budding young Tory"!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2011, 05:18:18 pm »
I fucking hate wasps. If it's on a surface which makes it hard to splat, such as a curtain or lampshade, coat it in deodorant and then smash it when it hits the floor. Had a problem with these a few years back in our old house, where I'd be killing about three or four a day in my room. At our current house we've got an old air raid shelter in the garden and there appears to be some kind of nest in there. Any good spray or smoke bomb-type thing I can throw in there?

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2011, 05:27:08 pm »

Offline ..Bruiser..

• A liver bird upon me chest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2011, 10:38:27 pm »
I remember getting stung on me arse round the back of one of the stands when I was 7. My trousers down in the street! :(
96 friends we'll never forget
JUSTICE FOR THE 96