Author Topic: SLR Cameras - recommendations and advice  (Read 145431 times)

Online cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: SLR Cameras - recommendations and advice
« Reply #1240 on: September 1, 2015, 12:05:56 am »
Got the Olympus Pen E-PL5 , a micro 4/3 camera. Got it mainly for it's small size so the missus can use it like a point and shoot while I can delve deeper into the settings.

Got blown away by the quality of the pictures. It was between D5500 and the Olympus and I'm really glad I went for the Olympus because I'm sure it'll be used much more often than a full size SLR. Looking at getting a prime lens mainly for portraits (young children) so any suggestions would be great.

A good choice as far as I'm concerned. The D5500 might have more firepower, but it's worth nothing if you don't take it with you.

My suggestion would be either the Olympus 25/1.8 or 45/1.8. They're both awesome. The 25 will be more versatile, while the 45 is at a traditional "portrait focal length." Both are $300 here.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1241 on: September 1, 2015, 02:50:20 pm »
Thank you Nessy and cptrios!

Solid, solid advice!! I will be taking it - thanks alot!

Ciara

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: September 2, 2015, 10:32:26 am »
A good choice as far as I'm concerned. The D5500 might have more firepower, but it's worth nothing if you don't take it with you.

My suggestion would be either the Olympus 25/1.8 or 45/1.8. They're both awesome. The 25 will be more versatile, while the 45 is at a traditional "portrait focal length." Both are $300 here.
Thanks for the advice. The 45/1.8 looks very tempting, and it's quite cheap too.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: September 21, 2015, 04:37:31 pm »
Thank you Nessy and cptrios!

Solid, solid advice!! I will be taking it - thanks alot!

Ciara

Cheers again, guys!

Bought the Nikon 55-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G AF-S DX lens - very excited about its arrival!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1244 on: September 21, 2015, 06:03:51 pm »
Does anyone make any money from photography?

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1245 on: September 23, 2015, 10:53:09 am »
Just ordered a D810. The wife is going to skin me alive. Cant wait to get it now.

Anyone interested in a D7000 with just 3500 actuations on the shutter? ;-)

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1246 on: September 23, 2015, 12:27:37 pm »

Yes. A bit.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: September 29, 2015, 02:43:23 am »

It's the main source of income for me and my wife.  She is solely a photographer (wedding and commercial) and I could afford to be as well but I've got too many other interests that I can make money doing.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1248 on: September 29, 2015, 03:50:24 pm »

My Dad was a professional photographer back in the day. None of this digital malarkey. All film, he even did his own prints as we had a darkroom in the house. He did weddings, cars and had loads of contracts with Universitys for their gradations. He retired aged 47 so I think he did alright out of it.
Different time though, these days people just want a DVD full of images from a wedding and print them themselves. Dad would make most of his money from prints.
He still tales pictures to this day (he's 72 now), but just as a hobby.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 03:53:09 pm by Jimmy Conway »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: September 30, 2015, 01:56:40 pm »
Ah good stuff guys!

My delivery has fallen through and I go on honeymoon tomorrow. I was set to buy the Nikon 55-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G AF-S DX lens but it's not in stock anywhere locally - Currys, Pc World, Argos, Jessops etc...

Can anyone offer advice on these alternatives...

Nikon 55-200 ED DX
Sigma AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Nikon Fit Lens
Sigma APO 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Nikon Fit Lens. 

Or worth waiting a few weeks for the original?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: October 24, 2015, 02:58:35 pm »
Got a new camera bag recently. It's another lowepro, this one's bigger than the other, fits the camera with a bulky zoom attached, room for other lenses, a speedlight, even a pocket for a tablet.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.
« Reply #1251 on: October 26, 2015, 06:04:40 pm »
Ah good stuff guys!

My delivery has fallen through and I go on honeymoon tomorrow. I was set to buy the Nikon 55-300mm VR f/4.5-5.6G AF-S DX lens but it's not in stock anywhere locally - Currys, Pc World, Argos, Jessops etc...

Can anyone offer advice on these alternatives...

Nikon 55-200 ED DX
Sigma AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Nikon Fit Lens
Sigma APO 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Nikon Fit Lens. 

Or worth waiting a few weeks for the original?

Many congratulations Ciara and Mr Ciara :)

I'm not sure any of this will be useful but, my first SLR lens was a Sigma 55-200mm and I' loved it until I got more serious and now use only Canon. I can't comment on all the choices you are considering (having not used them), but I would say that the more expensive lenses will generally give you a larger depth of field to work with (i.e. for those not familiar, a lower "f" number which equates to the amount of shot in focus), which opens up a lot more options re composing a shot and creativity in general.

Can I ask why you are looking at 300mm lenses, as they are normally the preserve of wildlife or sports photographers, and spies :). Is this something you are looking to get into? If not, and trying to be helpful, as a broad photography tool, the Nikon 55 - 200 would be a good bet to get something good (great), out of most photographic scenarios. My own preference is to buy a lens with the greatest depth of field or lowest "f" number, as this gives you more control and flexibility to achieve the shot you are after.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1252 on: October 29, 2015, 10:45:00 am »
Many congratulations Ciara and Mr Ciara :)

I'm not sure any of this will be useful but, my first SLR lens was a Sigma 55-200mm and I' loved it until I got more serious and now use only Canon. I can't comment on all the choices you are considering (having not used them), but I would say that the more expensive lenses will generally give you a larger depth of field to work with (i.e. for those not familiar, a lower "f" number which equates to the amount of shot in focus), which opens up a lot more options re composing a shot and creativity in general.

Can I ask why you are looking at 300mm lenses, as they are normally the preserve of wildlife or sports photographers, and spies :). Is this something you are looking to get into? If not, and trying to be helpful, as a broad photography tool, the Nikon 55 - 200 would be a good bet to get something good (great), out of most photographic scenarios. My own preference is to buy a lens with the greatest depth of field or lowest "f" number, as this gives you more control and flexibility to achieve the shot you are after.

I've been using a 300mm for street photos recently.

http://www.facebook.com/AndrewNessPhotos/albums/1225560794128029

It's perfect for getting intimate candid shots from a distance.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Abraham

• Anny Roader
  • Justice.
« Reply #1253 on: November 3, 2015, 05:08:12 pm »
I've been using a 300mm for street photos recently.

http://www.facebook.com/AndrewNessPhotos/albums/1225560794128029

It's perfect for getting intimate candid shots from a distance.

You creative old so and so. I've just had a look at your page and liked the work :) so what do I know. I'll just throw in that creativity has no bounds, independent of kit, and to demonstrate this point if you search online for the best iPhone or similar, shots, photographers/amateurs have come up with some really beautiful stuff.

My comments were intended to be broad and aimed at someone new to the business, and fingers crossed, hopefully helpful.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #1254 on: January 13, 2016, 11:27:09 am »
So finally got round to buying a canon 6d I now have to get a lens was thinking of getting the canon 17-40 f4 unless anyone can recommend something better for around the same price?

I used a sigma 10-20 mostly on my 60d and mostly do landscape stuff

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1255 on: December 13, 2018, 04:11:24 pm »
Digging up an older topic as i am stumped between a Canon 5D mark IV (5DS/5DSR) or a Canon EOS R

Anyone got these and suggestions? I'm upgrading from a Canon 600D so all Canon glass.....I love the look of both but feel the 5D is getting on too much now maybe?

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: December 14, 2018, 01:29:29 am »
Digging up an older topic as i am stumped between a Canon 5D mark IV (5DS/5DSR) or a Canon EOS R

Anyone got these and suggestions? I'm upgrading from a Canon 600D so all Canon glass.....I love the look of both but feel the 5D is getting on too much now maybe?

I'd go for Sony A7III or A7rIII and a canon adapter, or if you have the money, a lovely grey market A9. Seriously. They wipe the floor with both of the canons in most departments and the A7III is cheaper.

If you must go Canon, from using both I prefer the 5DIV over the EOS R, and I'm a massive mirrorless advocate. The 5DIV is a mature and refined DSLR whereas the EOS R feels pretty beta.

The EOS R has more or less the same sensor as the MKIV and it was already lagging behind the competition when it was released a few years ago. Compared to Sony and Nikon, the files have limited DR and a lot of noise. AF was slow and finicky compared to the A7III - the EOS R often hunts for faces while the Sony easily tracks eyes.  If you're shooting anything fast moving, avoid this camera like the plague. The battery life is pretty poor and it only has one card slot. If you're doing video, it crops 4k (and apparently shutter roll is awful on 4k). The controls aren't as good as either Sony, Nikon or canon (DSLRs) - I found the Fn bar to be pointless if not annoying and the buttons feel cheap. It's got terrible rolling shutter effects in silent mode. On the upside, the colours are nice.

The downside of the 5D is that it's a lot bulkier than the EOS R. It's a proper big brick of a camera - which is fine if you like that sort of thing but I couldn't carry two of them on my 12-hour shoots without having to spend a lot on physio! It's also a lot dearer.

All in all, I've been pretty disappointed by the CaNikon mirrorless offerings. I'd hoped for much more. I'd advise waiting on an EOS-RII before going Canon mirrorless.

If i was you I'd try out your lenses on the EOS-R, 5D and also look at the sony A7III and see what feels right.  600D is a crop sensor camera, so make sure your lenses are full frame, otherwise, you'll get awful vignetting or have to shoot in crop mode. I'm sure you knew that already, though.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: December 14, 2018, 09:48:34 am »
I'd go for Sony A7III or A7rIII and a canon adapter, or if you have the money, a lovely grey market A9. Seriously. They wipe the floor with both of the canons in most departments and the A7III is cheaper.

If you must go Canon, from using both I prefer the 5DIV over the EOS R, and I'm a massive mirrorless advocate. The 5DIV is a mature and refined DSLR whereas the EOS R feels pretty beta.

The EOS R has more or less the same sensor as the MKIV and it was already lagging behind the competition when it was released a few years ago. Compared to Sony and Nikon, the files have limited DR and a lot of noise. AF was slow and finicky compared to the A7III - the EOS R often hunts for faces while the Sony easily tracks eyes.  If you're shooting anything fast moving, avoid this camera like the plague. The battery life is pretty poor and it only has one card slot. If you're doing video, it crops 4k (and apparently shutter roll is awful on 4k). The controls aren't as good as either Sony, Nikon or canon (DSLRs) - I found the Fn bar to be pointless if not annoying and the buttons feel cheap. It's got terrible rolling shutter effects in silent mode. On the upside, the colours are nice.

The downside of the 5D is that it's a lot bulkier than the EOS R. It's a proper big brick of a camera - which is fine if you like that sort of thing but I couldn't carry two of them on my 12-hour shoots without having to spend a lot on physio! It's also a lot dearer.

All in all, I've been pretty disappointed by the CaNikon mirrorless offerings. I'd hoped for much more. I'd advise waiting on an EOS-RII before going Canon mirrorless.

If i was you I'd try out your lenses on the EOS-R, 5D and also look at the sony A7III and see what feels right.  600D is a crop sensor camera, so make sure your lenses are full frame, otherwise, you'll get awful vignetting or have to shoot in crop mode. I'm sure you knew that already, though.

Thank you :) I'll have a look a the Sony too

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: December 14, 2018, 12:46:00 pm »
Thank you :) I'll have a look a the Sony too

Definitely, do.  I was an ardent Nikon user for 10 years until I shot with the A7III.  I immediately sold everything (4 bodies, 9 lenses and countless accessories) and switched to Sony. 6 months in and I'm 100% satisfied with my decision. It's so much lighter and smaller than a DSLR but every bit as capable. If you're a manual shooter, using an EVF will greatly help you by showing you your exposure as you shoot. The AF and files are as good as anything I've ever used.

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1259 on: December 14, 2018, 01:23:15 pm »
Love Sony. Not heard great things about the Canon-Sony adapters though.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: December 14, 2018, 08:58:46 pm »
Love Sony. Not heard great things about the Canon-Sony adapters though.

Of the ones I've used, they're not as quick to focus as native glass but still incredibly good. I think the one I used was a  metabones adapter. 

However, I would advise to sell up though unless you have a spectacular lens that you'd miss. I managed to sell all my Nikon glass, buy brand new native Sony equivalents (by Sony/sigma/Zeiss) and still had cash left over. The Sigma art lenses are all native for Sony now and are excellent value. Sony's own 85mm and 55mm 1.8 lenses are quick, accurate and razor sharp for relatively little money. I held onto my manual lenses and use a metabones Nikon converter. Thanks to EVF and focus peaking they work better on the Sony than they ever did on my Nikon DSLRs.

I have 5 A7IIIs but I'm considering offloading one in the new year and getting an A9 or A7rIII just to mix things up.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 09:00:34 pm by thejbs »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1261 on: December 15, 2018, 04:06:16 pm »
Why don't speedlights either use built in rechargeable batteries or the camera's LP types?  AA/AAA get really annoying :/ or do some and I'm just not looking properly?

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1262 on: June 10, 2020, 09:12:51 pm »
im a novice and looking for a camera which can take decent pictures of the moon. a few people have mentioned the nikon p1000/p950. theres also the sony a7 range, any advice. budget under 1k.
do i need a tripod or can it be done without?

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: June 10, 2020, 10:48:57 pm »
I've leant a nikon p900 of my friend...

not impressed with it to be honest pretty crap in low light once you have got over the novelty of the zoom capabilities and it's fixed lens I've not used the 950/1000 tho

I'd go for a Sony a7 camera at least you can get different lenses
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 10:50:35 pm by LOKKO »

Offline outlaw_nas

• Kopite
« Reply #1264 on: June 14, 2020, 11:29:57 pm »
I've leant a nikon p900 of my friend...

not impressed with it to be honest pretty crap in low light once you have got over the novelty of the zoom capabilities and it's fixed lens I've not used the 950/1000 tho

I'd go for a Sony a7 camera at least you can get different lenses
I've looked at a7, there's a few different models, price differences. I think decent camera and then go for upgrade lens rather than a fixed Nikon lens one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: June 15, 2020, 08:46:17 am »
I've looked at a7, there's a few different models, price differences. I think decent camera and then go for upgrade lens rather than a fixed Nikon lens one

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Yeah definitely if I could afford it I would upgrade my Canon 6d to a Sony a7iii but the a7/ii/r  a7s/ii are all worth looking at

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1266 on: July 28, 2020, 10:38:47 am »
im a novice and looking for a camera which can take decent pictures of the moon. a few people have mentioned the nikon p1000/p950. theres also the sony a7 range, any advice. budget under 1k.
do i need a tripod or can it be done without?

The moon is a bright light source so you can shoot it handheld.  For pictures of the moon, I'd be looking for a camera with decent MP so you can crop, paired with a decent 200mm+ lens (that would be the expensive part for me).

Offline ElMagico

• hato with a rabbito. Abrocadabro!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: September 5, 2020, 09:30:22 pm »
Looking to get my first camera mainly for indoor and outdoor shooting, and some videos.

No idea where to start, think i am looking at mirrorless around £500.

Want to get used to it first before spending big, it will mainly be for things like hiking, walking and some product shooting.

Been advised a few cameras but literally have no idea!

https://www.jessops.com/p/olympus/om-d-e-m10-mark-iii-mirrorless-camera-in-silver-with-14-42mm-and-40-150mm-r-lenses-129958

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/digital-cameras/dslr-and-compact-system-cameras/sony-a6000-mirrorless-camera-with-16-50-mm-f-3-5-5-6-lens-22095702-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/digital-cameras/dslr-and-compact-system-cameras/canon-eos-m200-mirrorless-camera-with-ef-m-15-45-mm-f-3-5-6-3-is-stm-55-200-mm-f-4-5-6-3-is-stm-lens-10200809-pdt.html

Anyone got any more recommendations or any advice on what to look for?
Thanks

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1268 on: September 13, 2020, 10:05:24 am »
Looking to get my first camera mainly for indoor and outdoor shooting, and some videos.

No idea where to start, think i am looking at mirrorless around £500.

Want to get used to it first before spending big, it will mainly be for things like hiking, walking and some product shooting.

Been advised a few cameras but literally have no idea!

https://www.jessops.com/p/olympus/om-d-e-m10-mark-iii-mirrorless-camera-in-silver-with-14-42mm-and-40-150mm-r-lenses-129958

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/digital-cameras/dslr-and-compact-system-cameras/sony-a6000-mirrorless-camera-with-16-50-mm-f-3-5-5-6-lens-22095702-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras-and-camcorders/digital-cameras/dslr-and-compact-system-cameras/canon-eos-m200-mirrorless-camera-with-ef-m-15-45-mm-f-3-5-6-3-is-stm-55-200-mm-f-4-5-6-3-is-stm-lens-10200809-pdt.html

Anyone got any more recommendations or any advice on what to look for?
Thanks

The only one I’ve used out of those is the Sony and it’s very capable for the price. I still think Sony are the brand to beat with mirrorless.

Don’t rule out the second hand market either. Camera bodies don’t hold onto their value so you might be able to pick up something like a Fuji XT2 for close to your budget.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #1269 on: December 1, 2020, 06:11:49 am »
Ordered the Canon EOS M50 mirrorless camera for 549 Euros. Comes with a 32gb c10 SD card and a backpack.

The model is 2 years old, yes but the mk2 that was presented a couple of weeks ago wasn't all that an improvement over the current model. Same processor, same software and literally the same body. The upgrade wasn't worth it IMO. But the most important thing of all was the fact that it is not being sold inside mainland Europe. A lot of experienced YouTubers seem to think likewise. 2 years on and people were still happy about it. They suggest that it is (still) the perfect camera for hobby and weekend photographers. Taking a photo hike and clicking photographs.

I was looking at the Nikon D5600 DSLR for 600 Euros but decided against it. It was a hard decision as my 3 previous cameras have been Nikon. And I wanted to give this mirrorless technology a shot. Seems way smaller and similarly powerful. Even after 2 years.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1270 on: January 10, 2021, 08:36:42 pm »
I've been wanting to get a small, easy carry, lightweight camera to take on my walks mainly for nature/wildlife shots.

It can't be anything fiddly or technical, just something with a good zoom function that I can point and shoot and if possible, with video.

In the bird watch topic Liverbloke suggested what he uses which is a Canon PowerShot sx700 hs but it's no longer available new.  I've found a second hand one on eBay @ £180 but no idea if this is a good price as I don't what they cost new.

As a first time and inexperienced photographer is there something as good and as easy to use as this model or would getting the used one make more sense.

Edit: I've found the newer model of the Canon now so I'll more than likely get that.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 10:10:06 pm by reddebs »

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1271 on: April 11, 2023, 08:49:45 am »
Hi, I’m thinking of selling my gear. Got the Canon D40 plus flash and 3 lenses. Where would be the best place for me to get a quick sale?

Thanks

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1272 on: April 12, 2023, 01:27:45 pm »
Hi, I’m thinking of selling my gear. Got the Canon D40 plus flash and 3 lenses. Where would be the best place for me to get a quick sale?

Thanks

all the usual platforms first ebay - facebook market place etc

then look online for your local area camera shop as they will but too

eg

https://www.harrisoncameras.co.uk/sell-camera-equipment/

https://www.wilkinson.co.uk/part-exchange/

https://www.parkcameras.com/sell-or-part-exchange

and then there's these guys too https://www.mpb.com/en-uk

and more of the same online
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1273 on: April 12, 2023, 01:36:11 pm »
I  found FB marketplace the best place.

I shopped around on all the second hand camera stores to see what I could get and the most I got offered was around $650, managed to sell my gear on FB marketplace for $900.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: May 28, 2023, 07:48:19 pm »
OK, not an SLR but i'm just wondering if anyone here has a DJI Pocket 2?

I'm wanting to replace my now 4 year old GoPro 7 Black and am thinking of getting the Pocket 2.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1275 on: February 24, 2024, 07:18:26 pm »
I am interested in buying a camera which is good at landscape and wildlife pictures, has anyone got any recommendations? Thanks.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: February 25, 2024, 12:17:32 am »
I am interested in buying a camera which is good at landscape and wildlife pictures, has anyone got any recommendations? Thanks.

Budget? For wildlife, lenses will be more of a consideration than the camera.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1277 on: March 2, 2024, 09:10:14 pm »
Budget? For wildlife, lenses will be more of a consideration than the camera.

I completely forgotten I had asked this question! 😂 I think budget would be better as I start off yes, any recommendations? Thanks.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: March 3, 2024, 01:29:33 pm by jillcwhomever »