Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 666603 times)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #5840 on: November 11, 2019, 03:30:37 pm »
Pretty fair by MotD this week. No penalty because of Silva, but no break and goal because of TAA.

Not really. Trent's handball doesn't count as it should've been an advantage played for us. If after Bernardo Silva's handball, there was a goal scoring opportunity for Man City (including penalty), then the goal/goal scoring opportunity should be ruled out and ball given to Liverpool to restart play as there is no difference between intentional or unintentional handball for the team with a goal scoring opportunity. However, without a goal scoring opportunity, you have to see if Bernardo Silva's handball was intentional or not, and since it was unintentional, play should not be stopped and play wasn't stopped. What happened was the correct decision imo, it all worked out in the end, just the way it was done has made everyone raise questions because Oliver did not actually see Bernardo's handball.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5841 on: November 11, 2019, 03:59:30 pm »
Those saying his hand is in an unnatural position need to look at Aguero. He’s doing a similar stop-adjustment to Trent and his right arm is in the exact same position. In the other Trent incident, if his arm is removed, the shot hits his body - it’s also a foot away.

Posted this in the VAR thread this morning, backs up exactly what you are saying

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5842 on: November 11, 2019, 05:23:01 pm »
:shocked

He's shit

Shearer's an excellent co-commentator on the radio.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5843 on: November 11, 2019, 05:27:26 pm »
:shocked

He's shit

He isn’t to be honest

Only one bearable. Liking Crouch also
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5844 on: November 11, 2019, 05:54:06 pm »
He isn’t to be honest

Only one bearable. Liking Crouch also

I'm sick of his agenda that every time Liverpool get a penalty it is because of a dive - everytime! Yet every penalty against us is legitimate, its getting predictable and boring.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #5845 on: November 11, 2019, 07:06:51 pm »
I'm sick of his agenda that every time Liverpool get a penalty it is because of a dive - everytime! Yet every penalty against us is legitimate, its getting predictable and boring.
But he's not like that at all is he. Why do you bother watching the programme if you don't like the analysis. You could just watch the highlights then come on here and have a whinge about it whilst the analysis is on?

Oh......
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5846 on: November 11, 2019, 08:09:32 pm »
But he's not like that at all is he. Why do you bother watching the programme if you don't like the analysis. You could just watch the highlights then come on here and have a whinge about it whilst the analysis is on?

Oh......

Because I'm strangely attracted to Shearer, perhaps its that lovely Geordie accent, silky smooth and very hypnotic.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5847 on: November 11, 2019, 09:16:12 pm »
Because I'm strangely attracted to Shearer, perhaps its that lovely Geordie accent, silky smooth and very hypnotic.

Would you like him to creosote your fence?

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5848 on: November 11, 2019, 10:44:18 pm »
Would you like him to creosote your fence?

Shearers Allright

He comes in for it cos he doesn’t sit on the fence like a bland no mark like Cahill when he comes on

His knowledge of football is far superior to Jenas. (But so is my mums to be fair)

A lot around here like Wright. Dont get me wrong he’s a decent lad but he chats absolute waffle, ask him about staying onside holding ball up and scoring he’s fine on. Any other facets of the game and he’s done

All of the others are absolute turds
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5849 on: November 12, 2019, 12:17:59 am »

While there is a degree of hyperbole in those claims, they do tend to claim most of our penalties are not valid, but that seems more an issue of the pundit policy that foreigners dive and english players were clever there or felt contact rather than being specifically against us, we just happen to have some of the more prolific foreigners in the league.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5850 on: November 12, 2019, 12:20:31 am »
A lot around here like Wright. Dont get me wrong he’s a decent lad but he chats absolute waffle, ask him about staying onside holding ball up and scoring he’s fine on. Any other facets of the game and he’s done

While Wright is obviously limited as a pundit, he can as you mention talk with knowledge on some stuff, which is better than a lot of them and at the same time he doesn't seem like being paid good money to talk about football is something to make you miserable as is the case with Murphy etc.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5851 on: November 12, 2019, 06:42:20 am »
I just think the standard of pun-ditry has dropped slightly since these two have retired.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Bwk38srACrA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Bwk38srACrA</a>

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #5852 on: November 12, 2019, 08:49:12 am »
Shearers Allright
He genuinely seems to love the way Liverpool play and gets a buzz out of our pressing, passing and movement. I like that in a pundit, not just because it’s Liverpool, but the way he gets a buzz from any great play (it’s just that we produce a lot of it!)

He comes across as a football fanatic rather than some of the more sterile pundits, and even worse those with an agenda. His five live commentary vs Barca sealed it for me. He loves watching us, although who wouldn’t have that night.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5853 on: November 12, 2019, 08:59:33 am »
He genuinely seems to love the way Liverpool play and gets a buzz out of our pressing, passing and movement. I like that in a pundit, not just because it’s Liverpool, but the way he gets a buzz from any great play (it’s just that we produce a lot of it!)

He comes across as a football fanatic rather than some of the more sterile pundits, and even worse those with an agenda. His five live commentary vs Barca sealed it for me. He loves watching us, although who wouldn’t have that night.

He deffo is a man who loves football and loves to see good football. If we are all honest, we love too see it too (when its not bought by bent means), which is why I loved to watch Wengers Arsenal with Petit, Pires, Bergkamp, Viera, Henry etc.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5854 on: November 12, 2019, 09:08:39 am »
He deffo is a man who loves football and loves to see good football. If we are all honest, we love too see it too (when its not bought by bent means), which is why I loved to watch Wengers Arsenal with Petit, Pires, Bergkamp, Viera, Henry etc.
Exactly Rob. And yeah that Arsenal team were great to watch.

Some fantastic football being played in general in the Prem (and Championship) at the moment.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5855 on: November 12, 2019, 09:18:03 am »
Shearer's an excellent co-commentator on the radio.

This?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1eH2QnzYdV0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1eH2QnzYdV0</a>

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5856 on: November 12, 2019, 10:20:12 am »
This?
That’s worth another listen. Brilliant stuff. Got something in my eye again.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #5857 on: November 12, 2019, 10:55:26 am »
I don't mind Shearer.  I just find him mind-numbingly boring to listen to on MOTD when he's....he's er....watching vt and...er......describing what he's......what he's watching.  Eloquent he ain't.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5858 on: November 12, 2019, 10:58:00 am »
That’s worth another listen. Brilliant stuff. Got something in my eye again.

"Origi, 6 yards out! Wow!"

Brilliant commentary throughout.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #5859 on: November 12, 2019, 04:46:11 pm »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5860 on: November 12, 2019, 05:34:39 pm »
wtf is Match of the Day X
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5861 on: November 12, 2019, 05:36:43 pm »

Its a footy show on BBC of course X

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5862 on: November 12, 2019, 05:36:48 pm »

Hopefully the job he used to present.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5863 on: November 12, 2019, 05:51:49 pm »
Its a footy show on BBC of course X
;D

Get a room

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5864 on: November 12, 2019, 06:23:44 pm »

It’s like when they used to have the odd late night Holyoakes.

Lineker is allowed to swear and Jeans and Murphy get it on with the production staff in a broom cupboard. All very racy.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5865 on: November 12, 2019, 08:01:52 pm »
Maybe they are going for honesty and the x stands for 10th rate host and pundits?

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #5866 on: November 12, 2019, 08:35:15 pm »
It’s for showing the Nations (of Islam) League.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5867 on: November 12, 2019, 08:40:19 pm »
#Sausages

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5868 on: November 23, 2019, 10:41:33 pm »
Reckon City fans will be talking about 'luck' and 'flukes' after their 1st goal?

Showing Mahrez on to his left foot in the box as well.. well in.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5869 on: November 23, 2019, 10:43:40 pm »
Kepa is awful. Chelsea need to upgrade if they want to take the next step up.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5870 on: November 23, 2019, 10:53:11 pm »
Never ceases to amaze me the glee from commentary teams when someone scores against us.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5871 on: November 23, 2019, 10:55:10 pm »
Never ceases to amaze me the glee from commentary teams when someone scores against us.
To be fair, he was pretty lively for our winner too.
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5872 on: November 23, 2019, 10:56:52 pm »
yeah it's all about luck gary, twat

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5873 on: November 23, 2019, 10:57:18 pm »
LUCK (TM)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5874 on: November 23, 2019, 10:58:13 pm »
Lucky  :lmao :lmao Absolute livid they are
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5875 on: November 23, 2019, 10:59:06 pm »
Have they forgotten we were 3-0 up against City last game?

Palace had no more better chances than us. Need to get the narrative going though don't they?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5876 on: November 23, 2019, 11:09:33 pm »
They all seem so eager to try and deny that pushing a defender out of the area directly in the flight of the ball has no impact on play, they are all so desperately pathetic in their hope that we will slip up.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5877 on: November 23, 2019, 11:11:07 pm »
Arsenal - mentality midgets.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #5878 on: November 23, 2019, 11:12:06 pm »
Glad they didn't show the city offside goal. It cost me a 100/1 correct score double.

Lads... please tell me it was a clear offside.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5879 on: November 23, 2019, 11:13:15 pm »
Glad they didn't show the city offside goal. It cost me a 100/1 correct score double.

Lads... please tell me it was a clear offside.
Nope. Actually a bit of a joke of a decision. Not as bad as Bobby's armpit fiasco, but it's close. No way can a lineman give it without taking stick, put it that way.