Author Topic: Liverpool 1 v Norwich 1 (Bellamy 45+)  (Read 14069 times)

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Liverpool 1 v Norwich 1 (Bellamy 45+)
« on: October 21, 2011, 04:39:59 pm »
Stadium  : Anfield
Capacity : 45276

Weather :Sunny

Team news : Liverpool :  Reina Johnson Carra Skrtel Enrique Downing Adam Gerrard Bellamy Dirk Suarez Subs: Doni Carroll Henderson Speo Agger Flanagan Maxi                      Norwich : Ruddy, Naughton, R Martin, Barnett, Tierney, Bennett, Fox, B Johnson, Hoolahan, Pilkington, Morison

Referee: Peter Walton
Fourth Official:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 06:49:47 pm by SRAWL »

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
Re: Liverpool v Norwich (Espn 5.30 )
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 11:12:52 am »
Checking in. It's going to be a cracking game.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 04:25:24 pm »
Very interesting line up , a lot of attacking options.
Very very surprised to see Carroll not starting, thought this might be his game to put in a performance.

Norwich do play some really good attacking football and with Johnson back and Enrique on the left I think we should be able to contain them.

Surprised Agger doesn't get the nod, but maybe he is still injured/not 100%.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 05:01:09 pm »
Brilliant image that.

Hope we take our chances as I think Norwich will provide a bit of trouble (if we allow them to gain confidence and get the ball). With Carra and Skrtel playing I expect Norwich to get a number of chances.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 05:10:12 pm »
I'm not upset with that lineup to be honest. Think Bellamy deserved a start.
Have to say, I thought Lucas would be replaced either by Hendo or Spearing. Today is when we'll see whether Stevie's future is as a holding midfielder. To be honest, if it is it will extend his career by a couple of years.
Delighted to see Johnson back, I think we'll need his attacking edge today. Amazing to have him and Kelly competing at RB.
Again, what a quality bench we have these days.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:12:31 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 05:18:02 pm »
Very interesting line up , a lot of attacking options.
Very very surprised to see Carroll not starting, thought this might be his game to put in a performance.

Norwich do play some really good attacking football and with Johnson back and Enrique on the left I think we should be able to contain them.

Surprised Agger doesn't get the nod, but maybe he is still injured/not 100%.

I am absolutely looking forward to seeing Johnson and Enrique on the flanks today. Honestly we have the best full backs in the league IMO and they both have their best years ahead of them.

Who will play in attack? Kuyt or Bellamy? Personally I would prefer Kuyt as his understanding with Suarez is excellent. Plus with Johnson at right back I no longer believe we need Kuyt's defensive abilities on the right to protect Flanno/Skrtel/whoever.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Liverpool v Norwich (ESPN 5.30pm)
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 05:22:53 pm »
Who will play in attack? Kuyt or Bellamy? Personally I would prefer Kuyt as his understanding with Suarez is excellent. Plus with Johnson at right back I no longer believe we need Kuyt's defensive abilities on the right to protect Flanno/Skrtel/whoever.
I know what you mean there, but Kelly has done a fantastic job. Just glad we have options to be honest.
I can see Bellamy and Downing switching flanks a lot today, which I think will be a very strong feature.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 05:23:30 pm »
I am absolutely looking forward to seeing Johnson and Enrique on the flanks today. Honestly we have the best full backs in the league IMO and they both have their best years ahead of them.

According to Fox Soccer we are lining up 4-4-2 with Kuyt out right and Bellamy partnering Suarez up front. Would that be the way to go? It's probably what I would do as Kuyt on the right tends to drift inwards a lot and be in the right place as the right time more often than not.

We already have Downing out on the left so we should be hopefully whipping some crosses in.

A lot of attacking options on show today. We just need to make sure when the chances come we take them.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 05:28:59 pm »
According to Fox Soccer we are lining up 4-4-2 with Kuyt out right and Bellamy partnering Suarez up front. Would that be the way to go? It's probably what I would do as Kuyt on the right tends to drift inwards a lot and be in the right place as the right time more often than not.

We already have Downing out on the left so we should be hopefully whipping some crosses in.

A lot of attacking options on show today. We just need to make sure when the chances come we take them.

Plus with Downing whipping in those crosses, who better than Kuyt steaming in at the back post v full backs.

Bellamy actually started his career at Norwich. I remember a few Anglian Derbies I attended and hearing some colourful things being chanted about his lack of a neck by the Ipswich Town fans.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 05:29:56 pm »
Comfortably the most surreal comment from the pre match thread:
Love the team. Would love it also if Andy got 20 minutes. Doesn't matter cuz king kenny = denzel washington's and eddie murphy's love baby. LETS GO.
Raul. via PM reckons Gerrard wont be restricted to a holding role and that it's all out attack today. On a separate note, Raul. for PM.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 05:30:07 pm »
There's a beautiful Justice banner with the names of the 96 spelled out in the shape of a big 96.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 05:31:55 pm »
Liverpool are kicking from the Anny Road End to the Kop End.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 05:32:01 pm »
aaaaand we're off!

I assume Norwich won the toss as we are attacking the Kop End first half.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 05:33:05 pm »
Interesting that Downing has started on the right and Kuyt on the left? Didn't see that happening.

Kenny switching it up early.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 05:33:14 pm »

Kuyt wins the ball and sends Gerrard forward. He gives it to Downing on the edge of the box, back to Gerrard, and his cross is charged down and blocked for a throw in
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 05:33:30 pm »
Interesting that Downing has started on the right and Kuyt on the left? Didn't see that happening.
We'll be pretty fluid I reckon.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 05:33:53 pm »

First corner, Adam to take. Skrtel's header cracks against the bar! Suarez gets the ball and wins another corner.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 05:34:26 pm »

Second corner's whipped in by Gerrard, Suarez misses it and it's cleared.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 05:35:10 pm »
We hit the bar yet again, I would love to see how many times this season we have hit the crossbar or the post to deny us a goal. For some reason I think it might be a high number? Or am I just making that up?

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 05:36:38 pm »

Adam wins the ball, sends Kuyt forward who skips over a challenge. Suarez gets the ball from a throw-in, performs an audacious flick to turn two defenders and charge into the box, his shot flashes past the post.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:47:30 pm by BabuYagu »
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 05:37:04 pm »
We'll be pretty fluid I reckon.

You're spot on mate in the first 5 minutes Kuyt has been on the left , on the right and now running through the middle! He's everywhere.

Suarez again not hitting the target, we really should be taking these chances. Hopefully doesn't come back to bite us, like the United game.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 05:37:43 pm »

Lucas wins the ball, sends Kuyt forward who skips over a challenge. Suarez gets the ball from a throw-in, performs an audacious flick to turn two defenders and charge into the box, his shot flashes past the post.

What a magnificent piece of skill that was. Could have done better with the shot mind, or squared it for Dirk to score.

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 05:37:44 pm »
Oh my lord, how did he miss that! Awesome turn.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 05:38:02 pm »

Kuyt takes on three defenders down the right wing, gets crowded out but wins the ball back from Bradley Johnson. His speculative cross is blocked however.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2011, 05:39:55 pm »

Gerrard is sitting very deep, hovering around the centre circle.

Johnson turns his man and charges into the box. His square pass would have been perfect for someone to get on the end of it but a Norwich man scrambles it to safety.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2011, 05:41:02 pm »

Gerrard tries a long ball to the far end of the pitch for Downing on the right, but it's intercepted. Norwich regain possession and try to mount an attack on the left. Their cross is cut out by Skrtel.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2011, 05:41:47 pm »

Johnson turns his man and charges into the box. His square pass would have been perfect for someone to get on the end of it but a Norwich man scrambles it to safety.

Which is the reason I think Kenny has gone for him over Kelly today. Kelly might be slightly better defensively but Johnson is much better at running at the defense. At home against Norwich I think it's the correct way to go.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2011, 05:41:54 pm »
Liverpool have had 76% of the possession at the start of this game.

Johnson looking good today.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »

Morrison tries to turn Johnson near the corner flag, and nearly wins a corner but the ref gives a goal kick. It's worth nothing that Morrison is completely orange. He looks like the side of a Sunkist carton.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2011, 05:43:06 pm »

Bellamy races down the left, Suarez's shot is tipped onto the post by Ruddy. Downing follows up with the worst shot in all history, even worse than Andrew Jackson's would-be assassin.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:46:02 pm by The 5th Benitle »
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2011, 05:44:19 pm »

Bellamy races down the left, Suarez's shot is tipped onto the post by Ruddy. Downing follows up with the worst shot in all history, even worse than Andrew Jackson's would-be assassin.

Downing went for power and just pulled it a bit. Massively encouraging move, that.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 05:46:12 pm by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2011, 05:45:05 pm »

Bellamy spreads the play to Downing. He takes a shot and it goes out for a throw. Adam gets the ball, gives it to Suarez who tries a lob. It goes over the bar.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2011, 05:46:56 pm »
Suarez is looking absolutely fired up today isnīt he? Could already have a couple of goals. Bellamy, Downing and Kuyt can all interchange and their movement has already created a few openings.

Adam and Gerrard are looking good in the middle as well. Been impressed with Adam at the start.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2011, 05:46:59 pm »
15 Downing's diagonal ball is too long for Suarez, goal kick

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2011, 05:47:16 pm »
It's all Liverpool at the moment, Norwich haven't had a sniff at goal.

Personally I'm surprised that Carroll didn't start, but whatever. I'm sure he'll make an appearance later on.

Downing lofts the ball forward for Suarez in the box but it's just a bit too far.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2011, 05:47:34 pm »
15 Hoolahan finds space from nowhere, decent chance, shoots well but straight at Pepe

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2011, 05:48:36 pm »
16 Another great ball to Bellamy on the left, ball bounces around and eventually falls to Suarez who swivels, volleys, wide.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2011, 05:49:02 pm »
Iīd like to get Bellamy and Downing playing on their correct feet. Gerrard just played Bellamy in beautifully and he had to pull it back because it was on his left.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2011, 05:49:38 pm »
Another chance goes begging. Really worrying that we are more clinical in  front of the goal. It's been constant pressure for 15 mins, and while I am in heaven with that , it means nothing if we can't put the ball in the back of net. Although have to give credit to the Norwich keeper, 1 fantastic tip onto the post has kept them in it.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2011, 05:49:38 pm »
17 A Norwich attack ends with a nothing header, goal kick Liverpool
Suarez fouled, nothing given