Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Man, to think I've wasted so much time since January watching Bayer Leverkusen and Sporting Lisbon! Don't want to add Feyenoord to the list!

Nah, in all seriousness, it's actually a joy watching the other leagues without fume. I'll be pouring over old Feyenoord clips now.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Last post by stoa on Today at 06:11:13 pm »
Worth it if he brings the guy who sang at the fall of the Berlin Wall with him.

That was his brother Danny Hulshoff...
Adrian
Nat Phillips
Rhys Williams
Van Den Berg
Morton
General Football and Sport / Re: Formula 1 2024 season
« Last post by west_london_red on Today at 06:10:50 pm »
This has been on the cards for a while. It's not clear whether he is heading for Aston Martin or going to Italy. At least then we will see if Horner's view of Red Bull being fine if AN leaves is accurate or not.

This is he’s been there for nearly 20 years, over that time you would think his deputies and colleagues would have learnt enough from him that they would still be competitive for a while yet.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by jillcwhomever on Today at 06:10:20 pm »
I wonder if he’d have liked to leave at the end of last season but couldn’t leave us in the lurch given the season we’d just had. And now these last few months are just a step too far. If that’s true then what a hero he’s been getting us back on our feet and leaving us in a really good position to press on.

Didn't he say in the original interview when leaving that he wanted to leave last season, but then decided he needed to put things right.
« Last post by Dim Glas on Today at 06:08:22 pm »
When someone polutes a thread with a post like that, rather than quote it, just look at the post history. This arbiarbi bloke/woman is never to be seen after big results or trophy wins, but pops up often after a loss or a poor game.  A classic troll.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 06:06:43 pm »
U18 PREMIER LEAGUE
SAT 27 APRIL — 12:00

KIRKBY ACADEMY

Liverpool
V
Wolves
« Last post by Mister Flip Flop on Today at 06:06:17 pm »
His influence on Liverpool's results is great, but I think it is exaggerated. We didn't rise as a club just because of him. And people want
He came to a club that was well organized, that doesn't spend too much and that's why it brings players smarter than others. And we were rarely wrong. Great credit goes to Edwards.
The big thing is that he is back, we should to continue with the transfers as before. Huge spending of money is not a guarantee of success. Edwards has shown quality in this matter, it is important that the club is well organized, that we know who is doing what, that we know the path we are taking and stick to it, and that the new manager does his job.
Tactically, he certainly cannot be worse than Klopp, whose knowledge is almost always based on his assistants. I am sure that the new manager will bring something new and continue on the set path that already exists in this club. We don't need to make too many changes. With 2-3 new players we can be competitive even without Klopp. I see no reason why they should suffer for several seasons after a change of coach. We have a very good team with a lot of players with a winning mentality, we have a well-organized club. That is the most important thing, the system according to which this club woeks and it is irrelevant who the coach is. We have thought too much that Liverpool is exclusively Klopp. He was the right person to raise the club to this level, but it is time for someone else to continue on that path because his best has passed. There is no more energy or adaptation for new standards in football.

I blame Klopp for one thing! He changed us from doubters to believers. But then he convinced us that it is ok to be second, that it is wonderful to participate in the race, to be in the finals, etc. No, it's not nice to be second. It is very painful for all of us. The parade after the defeat in the Champions League final was a big mistake. This club should never celebrate defeats! That's the wrong mentality.

I am sure we will be well and in the race next season for everything!! 3 new players(right players) and we are going to be better than this season, better balanced first of all.

Get in the bin.
« Last post by Knight on Today at 06:05:57 pm »
I wonder if he’d have liked to leave at the end of last season but couldn’t leave us in the lurch given the season we’d just had. And now these last few months are just a step too far. If that’s true then what a hero he’s been getting us back on our feet and leaving us in a really good position to press on.
in five years most of these will still be here although some of them will be moving on near the end of those five years.
Alisson
Gomez
Quansah
Trent
Bradley
Bajcetic
Szoboszlai
Mac Allister
Jones
Gravenberch
Elliott
Gakpo
Carvalho
Nunez

No chance all or even most of them are still here in 5 years. Look back through the thread, there's unlikely to be more than 5 still here, especially with a change of manager in the meantime.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10