Author Topic: Which credit cards will no longer work for ticket sales?  (Read 7213 times)

Offline MightyRed42

• Kemlynite
  • We’re gonna win it all
Re: Which credit cards will no longer work for ticket sales?
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2024, 09:39:22 pm »
Spent some time on live chat. Someone from IT will be calling me, possibly tomorrow.

Think they’re accepting it’s a problem at their end and nothing to do with the bank/card providers. Who knows how it’ll turn out?

Don’t think it’ll be resolved before Southampton sale tomorrow.😐

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 29, 2024, 02:04:00 pm »
Are there still issues buying tickets using a card with an address that doesn't match the address on the membership?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Astagob

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2024, 08:22:56 pm »
This is still happening loads of people. I started doing some investigation on my end to see where the problem lies.

I decoded the response from the 3DSecure Card Providers which is fired once you authorise on your banking app. I tried 5 cards and all declined when trying to purchase tickets.

The response from all the 3DSecure Card Providers is success without any errors. See attached image with the response from the Provider.

It is 100% a problem with the club system.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2024, 12:05:35 am »
This is still happening loads of people. I started doing some investigation on my end to see where the problem lies.

I decoded the response from the 3DSecure Card Providers which is fired once you authorise on your banking app. I tried 5 cards and all declined when trying to purchase tickets.

The response from all the 3DSecure Card Providers is success without any errors. See attached image with the response from the Provider.

It is 100% a problem with the club system.

From my last interaction with the ticket office a while back, they seemed of the view that it was fixed (and it does now work for my credit cards), so you need to make them aware of which ones are still failing.  Have lots of screenshots as their default mode is to assume user error.

Offline Astagob

• Boys Pen
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2024, 12:38:41 pm »
Got onto the chat and had loads of evidence from the payment providers and screenshots. Asked for it to be escalated to the IT Team and I'll be happy to help troubleshoot the issue with them as its impacting loads of people I know.

They also came back with the following which is interesting:

"the billing address on the card using to pay needs to match to the address of the person you are purchasing for if you are not purchasing for yourself in the
same transaction if you are purchasing for yourself and others in the same transaction on your account the payment will go through as your billing address
matches the one on your account"

"Recently, rules have been put in place that the person who is the owner of the ticket, the address on the card needs to match the address on their account"

Online Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2024, 01:00:17 pm »
Got onto the chat and had loads of evidence from the payment providers and screenshots. Asked for it to be escalated to the IT Team and I'll be happy to help troubleshoot the issue with them as its impacting loads of people I know.

"the billing address on the card using to pay needs to match to the address of the person you are purchasing for if you are not purchasing for yourself in the
same transaction if you are purchasing for yourself and others in the same transaction on your account the payment will go through as your billing address

"Recently, rules have been put in place that the person who is the owner of the ticket, the address on the card needs to match the address on their account"

It is simply not true. I have used my card on my partners account & on my mates account.

Offline tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2024, 01:13:07 pm »
Just don't believe them whatever reason they are saying, the problem is on their side. I have bought tickets without even put the right name on the card.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2024, 01:13:45 pm »

Utter bollocks response from them

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2024, 02:13:29 pm »
Yeah that's nonsense, I went months not being able to use my own card but was fine on someone else's.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2024, 02:31:56 pm »
Yep complete bullshit.

They're dead busy though.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2024, 02:45:28 pm »
Yep complete bullshit.

They're dead busy though.
Exactly, mistakes can happen when they're super busy (having to deal with 4 aways in 10 days, bless them) but regardless, its definitely not their fault, its 100% user error just as it always is.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2024, 02:58:47 pm »
The idea that people who decide to apply for a job in a ticket office are too busy to sell tickets competently is wild haha.
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2024, 03:07:16 pm »
The idea that people who decide to apply for a job in a ticket office are too busy to sell tickets competently is wild haha.
Joking aside though, its hard to blame them individually as they clearly receive no training whatsoever, or very little. The major issue lies way above those on the front line...the problem is that the club have no desire to address it. Its been a major issue for a long time although its got way worse post covid since they refused to accept phone calls and moved pretty much everything to LFCnoHelp.
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 12, 2024, 03:09:03 pm »
Joking aside though, its hard to blame them individually as they clearly receive no training whatsoever, or very little. The major issue lies way above those on the front line...the problem is that the club have no desire to address it. Its been a major issue for a long time although its got way worse post covid since they refused to accept phone calls and moved pretty much everything to LFCnoHelp.

Robot Blocking
Declined cards
Soft blocking
Not putting games on at the right time
Putting games on incorrectly
Wrong criteria set
Bots

etc. etc. etc.

No desire to sort anything on this system that we've had for nearly 3 years now.

Offline si999

• Kemlynite
« Reply #134 on: April 12, 2024, 08:02:40 pm »
My payment failed last week for the first time ever when trying to enter the Local Ballot Registration.

I tried six cards from four different banks all registered to my address which is the same as my membership address, each one failed after the two factor authentication (mixture of in app and onetime pass codes).

Had to just give up in the end due to the short registration window.

Offline Astagob

• Boys Pen
« Reply #135 on: April 12, 2024, 08:39:24 pm »
My payment failed last week for the first time ever when trying to enter the Local Ballot Registration.

I tried six cards from four different banks all registered to my address which is the same as my membership address, each one failed after the two factor authentication (mixture of in app and onetime pass codes).

Had to just give up in the end due to the short registration window.
Same thing happening me for the last 2 weeks. Randomly works but 95% of the time any attempted payments are failing

Offline si999

• Kemlynite
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2024, 10:06:36 pm »
Mine is also the same card that they have used this season for the auto cup without an issue.

Offline Astagob

• Boys Pen
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2024, 11:25:02 am »
Mine is also the same card that they have used this season for the auto cup without an issue.
What did they tell you was the reason?

Offline si999

• Kemlynite
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2024, 12:06:34 pm »
They said as the ballot was closed there was nothing they could do and that it will have been my banks end that was causing the issue and not them.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2024, 11:18:30 pm »
What did they tell you was the reason?
Probably Brexit.