Author Topic: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022  (Read 200848 times)

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Champions League Final in Paris 28.5.2022
« Reply #120 on: April 21, 2022, 07:53:05 pm »
uproar from who though? The point of them not counting was so people didn't have to travel, but now they can travel for the final using their 2018/19 aways? Doesn't make sense. They also can see who has what credits and all the numbers
I would of thought any away this season wouldn’t count for any future rounds, however I thought the final could be the exception as they shouldn’t use previous criteria for people who cba because of covid but for the final, covid will go away  :butt
But if they do use the 19/20 then i expect the ballot to use the home games from 19/20 as well ???

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #121 on: April 21, 2022, 07:55:31 pm »
That’s a good point, I never gave that any thought?  As I’m in auto cup I don’t know, but have they used the 19/20 season to qualify for homes?
to be guaranteed yeah you needed 1 from 19/20, then anyone with just this year was not guaranteed

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2022, 07:57:10 pm »
I don't know whether they will or not - we don't know what criteria the club will use as we're not in a final yet. But, you can't deny we've had a health pandemic which the club, taking the responsible position, have reacted to by issuing the notices that they have.
oh I agree it was the right thing to do but they should've used the credits for future rounds and the final to avoid this scenario, then wipe them all for next season

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2022, 07:58:37 pm »
I would of thought any away this season wouldn’t count for any future rounds, however I thought the final could be the exception as they shouldn’t use previous criteria for people who cba because of covid but for the final, covid will go away  :butt
But if they do use the 19/20 then i expect the ballot to use the home games from 19/20 as well ???
right not fair you can rock up to Paris having been to nothing this year

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2022, 08:00:17 pm »
And what about the people that have either been to all, or at least the vast majority of euro aways for years? still ok to put them in the same pot as those with just 6 homes?

i just meant it made sense as an option. a bit earlier i also said it'd make sense for Villarreal to count or ultimately just one from 19/20. ideal outcome would always be for this to go back a few seasons (and this to remain the case going forward).

the TO made this mess ultimately but i can see why they did what they did. they can create an easy solution (for them) by counting Villarreal although the tiny allocation probably means a 19/20 needs to be counted anyway.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:04:23 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2022, 08:23:53 pm »
Some people keep saying it's unfair but hardly anyone who has bought a ticket wouldn't get a chance if everyone could travel... Sadly rules are rules and the club shouldn't go back on their promise that the credit won't count. It's such a sticky situation. Hopefully the club do the right thing and use aways from previous seasons (Barcelona etc) IF Villarella does not count which I don't think it will.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:27:51 pm by deanloco9 »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2022, 08:37:49 pm »
Some people keep saying it's unfair but hardly anyone who has bought a ticket wouldn't get a chance if everyone could travel... Sadly rules are rules and the club shouldn't go back on their promise that the credit won't count. It's such a sticky situation. Hopefully the club do the right thing and use aways from previous seasons (Barcelona etc) IF Villarella does not count which I don't think it will.
but that's not the right thing that's the point, I don't think Villarreal will count and I do think they'll do what you say here, I've thought that since September, ticket office fucked it badly not counting them at all

Offline Icky

• Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Road
« Reply #127 on: April 21, 2022, 09:11:07 pm »
but that's not the right thing that's the point, I don't think Villarreal will count and I do think they'll do what you say here, I've thought that since September, ticket office fucked it badly not counting them at all
Think your hoping on a ticket as you have had a few aways. Being honest if the club hadn’t said the aways don’t count you would not have got close to a ticket, the reason being we have spent 10/20 years building these up. You can’t expect the club to go back on this.
Nobody who hasn’t been to any games will qualify, think your not understood how this works, it’s not one away it’s half of the games plus one. The issue is which season is the plus one.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: April 21, 2022, 09:34:52 pm »
Think your hoping on a ticket as you have had a few aways. Being honest if the club hadn’t said the aways don’t count you would not have got close to a ticket, the reason being we have spent 10/20 years building these up. You can’t expect the club to go back on this.
Nobody who hasn’t been to any games will qualify, think your not understood how this works, it’s not one away it’s half of the games plus one. The issue is which season is the plus one.
think I said it another post I don't expect my aways to count for anything, if you can't read and comprehend that then what's the point

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #129 on: April 21, 2022, 10:37:42 pm »
IF WE GET THERE:

Napoli(A), Genk (A), Salzburg (A), Atletico (A- 19/20), AC Milan (H), Atletico (H- 21/22), Porto (H), Inter (H), Benfica (H), Villarreal (H)

Attendance at 7+ games: Guaranteed
Attendance at 6 games: Ballot with odds of around 1 in 3.2- 1 in 3.8 (guess)

Simple

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: April 21, 2022, 10:53:17 pm »
IF WE GET THERE:

Napoli(A), Genk (A), Salzburg (A), Atletico (A- 19/20), AC Milan (H), Atletico (H- 21/22), Porto (H), Inter (H), Benfica (H), Villarreal (H)

Attendance at 7+ games: Guaranteed
Attendance at 6 games: Ballot with odds of around 1 in 3.2- 1 in 3.8 (guess)

Simple

I've done all but one of the Euro aways we could go to this season. All that I was comfortable with.

But I agree with this.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 12:36:53 am by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 22, 2022, 12:24:37 am »
Those with the credits previous to the pandemic should rightly be rewarded with a Paris ticket should we get there. You can't blame a single person for missing any euro aways this season, it's not been a normal time to go away with having to pay for covid tests and having the required jabs etc. The club have recognised this and rightly said the credits don't count.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 22, 2022, 04:09:56 am »
In that case what about those that did go out of their way and pay for all that? What would be the big issue if both 19/20 and this season were used as well? Can't be more than a few thousand difference anyway? Those that didn't go because of the pandemic are rewarded for previous years and those that did go during it are rewarded too. Just less going in the ballot pot for all the homes that is all, which clearly needs to be going back further years as well to get the numbers down.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 22, 2022, 08:42:32 am »
Seems to me - Could be wrong, some may be missing, there's a definite difference in the wording of the selling notices

For Forest all it says is the won't count for future seasons, but does not mention this season, hence they could use Forest for the first sales for the semi final

For Benfica and all previous Euro Aways this season it clearly says that credits will not count for future season AND will not count for this season

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #134 on: April 22, 2022, 08:48:34 am »
Seems to me - Could be wrong, some may be missing, there's a definite difference in the wording of the selling notices

For Forest all it says is the won't count for future seasons, but does not mention this season, hence they could use Forest for the first sales for the semi final

For Benfica and all previous Euro Aways this season it clearly says that credits will not count for future season AND will not count for this season
Yes, that’s common knowledge to be honest. It’s also said this on every euro away selling notice as well though :

This policy will be reviewed on a game-by-game basis during the competition this season, with details provided ahead of each game.

That’s why people are speculating as to what they might do for Villarreal and the potential final.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 08:51:00 am by ABJ »
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline uppercentenary92

• Main Stander
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2022, 08:52:16 am »
I was going to drive, but decided on the following at £27 the other week- as of yesterday this is available Ryanair for £16  >:(

Bag extra !!

Manchester - Charleroi out 18.40 Wednesday and back 7am ish Monday £16 - Bus to Lille (90mins) and train Paris (60 mins) approx £70 return
Not alot to lose and gets you into France dead easy  - obviously Thursday/ Sunday flights more expensive

Good marker !

Your welcome ! :wave

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2022, 10:27:40 am »
In that case what about those that did go out of their way and pay for all that? What would be the big issue if both 19/20 and this season were used as well? Can't be more than a few thousand difference anyway? Those that didn't go because of the pandemic are rewarded for previous years and those that did go during it are rewarded too. Just less going in the ballot pot for all the homes that is all, which clearly needs to be going back further years as well to get the numbers down.

Maybe those that went this year will be rewarded with the free tickets that UEFA have promised. That'll be the fair thing to do, to make up for all the hassle and costs involved with booked covid tests etc.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2022, 10:51:21 am »
Maybe those that went this year will be rewarded with the free tickets that UEFA have promised. That'll be the fair thing to do, to make up for all the hassle and costs involved with booked covid tests etc.

We think the free tickets are part of our allocation, if you look at wording and numbers.

Club - 20k
Club - 20k
Uefa Ballot - 12k
=52k

12,000 tickets are being offered for sale to fans worldwide via UEFA.com.

Ten thousand of the tickets reserved for the fans of the two teams will be offered for free to reward the lifeblood of the game for their loyal support during the pandemic.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 10:53:59 am by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Online James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2022, 11:01:57 am »
We think the free tickets are part of our allocation, if you look at wording and numbers.
Free tickets are defo out of our allocation and probably most will go from guarunteed sale (all this season and an away from 19/20) then maybe 1,000 lucky from the ballot may get a free ticket 🤷‍♂️

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2022, 11:05:46 am »
The club want to take the value of the free tickets and use that money to offer all supporters a discount on the tickets, they don't think it is fair that one group gets a free ticket over others.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2022, 11:10:57 am »
I fully expect them to not count Villarreal for credits and use 19/20 aways to help with the guaranteed sale.

They won't go back on what they said and most from 19/20 have bought anyway

those lucky enough to have go tickets this season, look at it this way you probably wouldn't have got near them in a normal season

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2022, 11:12:46 am »
The club want to take the value of the free tickets and use that money to offer all supporters a discount on the tickets, they don't think it is fair that one group gets a free ticket over others.

100% the fairest thing to do.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2022, 11:19:34 am »
100% the fairest thing to do.

I don't think UEFA like it though

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2022, 11:25:37 am »
I fully expect them to not count Villarreal for credits and use 19/20 aways to help with the guaranteed sale.

They won't go back on what they said and most from 19/20 have bought anyway

those lucky enough to have go tickets this season, look at it this way you probably wouldn't have got near them in a normal season

Getting tickets this season was not "lucky". People who went to aways this season probably showed more determination in doing so than was needed in previous seasons, so won't be misplaced if they're rewarded for doing so.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2022, 11:28:15 am »
Getting tickets this season was not "lucky". People who went to aways this season probably showed more determination in doing so than was needed in previous seasons, so won't be misplaced if they're rewarded for doing so.

They said they won't count, are you suggesting they should go back on that now?  also IF they had counted do you really think they would have got anywhere near them? 

100% it would be misplaced.  EVERYONE knew the score when the tickets where on sale

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2022, 11:29:31 am »
They said they won't count, are you suggesting they should go back on that now?  also IF they had counted do you really think they would have got anywhere near them?
think it showed who actually bought to go and not just for the credit

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2022, 11:31:31 am »
This
YNWA

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2022, 11:33:32 am »
Agreed but the details were very clear, are you now saying that they should go back on that?

I would suggest that the data from this season will be used to make changes going forward.

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2022, 11:38:40 am »

100% it would be misplaced.  EVERYONE knew the score when the tickets where on sale

They also said it will be reviewed on a game by game basis. Which means they can review the "won't count" policy whenever they feel the need to.

Offline rk1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2022, 11:39:13 am »
I don't think UEFA like it though

Haha. Not like them to think about ALL fans first though is it. Great PR for them and shift the shitty decision onto the clubs

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2022, 11:42:29 am »
Agreed but the details were very clear, are you now saying that they should go back on that?

I would suggest that the data from this season will be used to make changes going forward.
no I don't think they should or will go back on it but if they used 1 away from 19/20 or 21/22 I'm not sure anyone could complain

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2022, 11:44:27 am »
Those with the credits previous to the pandemic should rightly be rewarded with a Paris ticket should we get there. You can't blame a single person for missing any euro aways this season, it's not been a normal time to go away with having to pay for covid tests and having the required jabs etc. The club have recognised this and rightly said the credits don't count.
Covid going away for the final then?
Club is right basically in what’s happening but I generally believe credits should of counted for this season  only.

It’s not like the credits this season would carry onto next season. So nobody would of been punished, abit like how they done the homes in Europe this season.

Offline upthereds95

• Anny Roader
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2022, 11:46:41 am »
Went on someone elses card for porto away and then it dropped to all season tickets for days so i could have went on my own one anyway. be wounded if they decide to use credits this year now after saying they werent.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2022, 11:51:33 am »
no I don't think they should or will go back on it but if they used 1 away from 19/20 or 21/22 I'm not sure anyone could complain
There will be uproar if they use 21/22 away credits. Everyone made plans on the basis they didnt count. You’d also get a far larger number than the biggest away allocation now guaranteed.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2022, 11:53:40 am »
Covid going away for the final then?
Club is right basically in what’s happening but I generally believe credits should of counted for this season  only.

It’s not like the credits this season would carry onto next season. So nobody would of been punished, abit like how they done the homes in Europe this season.
I agree with this but only if they’d made that clear at each games ticket details. They did the apposite

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2022, 11:55:53 am »

i think quite a few would

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2022, 11:56:42 am »
They also said it will be reviewed on a game by game basis. Which means they can review the "won't count" policy whenever they feel the need to.

They won't do that for a final, there would be murder

they have said they won't count and they won't

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2022, 11:59:15 am »
There will be uproar if they use 21/22 away credits. Everyone made plans on the basis they didnt count. You’d also get a far larger number than the biggest away allocation now guaranteed.
who's negatively affected if they used 19/20 AND 21/22? People who didn't bother to go and people who went on others cards, really neither have anything to complain about

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2022, 11:59:33 am »
i think quite a few would
on what basis?

Offline ldsn

• Kopite
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2022, 12:01:25 pm »

100%. If anything, it showed how accessible away tickets could actually be if they sorted out the credit hunting.