Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2058157 times)

Online dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #30280 on: February 6, 2023, 11:58:19 am »
after refreshing once i was blocked
switched vpn off and got in
got 2 tickets (non season ticket)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30281 on: February 6, 2023, 11:59:43 am »
thanks and do you select the block that is yellow before? nightmare this

I wasn't, no. If it lights up, one click and if the page doesn't move to the basket there's no ticket, try refreshing again.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30282 on: February 6, 2023, 12:00:45 pm »

I think they're blocking vpns, if it's a non-private one, chances are there's someone else using it or they've blacklisted common providers.

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #30283 on: February 6, 2023, 12:03:44 pm »

two tickets together?! shirley not.

either way well done. I am not on a VPN (but would have thought you would get a better queue number with a VPN in dubai/scandinavia/korea etc knowing our TO) and just cannot get past a 'choose for me' press.

gonna lose my 13+ i think. gutted

Online KIFS

• Main Stander
  • Orcs must die!
« Reply #30284 on: February 6, 2023, 12:05:51 pm »
An absolute joke

I've gotten to around 10 in the league for the few last years, vast majority from returns. Think I'm on around 4/5 at the minute but pretty certain I'll fall off of the 4+ next season as every single one has been a ST return, so I'm essentially on 0 league credits for 22/23.

So after taking our credits from us they're now more or less completely denying us the opportunity to even purchase the tickets in the first place by kicking us off of the site for refreshing a couple of times. They're taking the piss out of us

Its a disgrace alright! Not going to make my 13+ now it seems. Is nobody from SOS on here to address this? This is only affecting the regular match going fans!  :no

Online dundeejoe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30285 on: February 6, 2023, 12:08:59 pm »
two tickets together?! shirley not.

either way well done. I am not on a VPN (but would have thought you would get a better queue number with a VPN in dubai/scandinavia/korea etc knowing our TO) and just cannot get past a 'choose for me' press.

gonna lose my 13+ i think. gutted

no, 2 singles AL and Kop
theres still some appearing 2 mins ago mostly ST tho

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #30286 on: February 6, 2023, 12:22:56 pm »
so what do i do when i get blocked?

Offline Terry Hanks

• Boys Pen
« Reply #30287 on: February 6, 2023, 01:01:07 pm »
With so many fans being blocked this must be making a lot easier for the people with bots who do get round it.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30288 on: February 6, 2023, 01:03:53 pm »
so what do i do when i get blocked?

I went onto my phone using mobile data, but according to the LFC Help twitter if you wait 20 mins and try again it should be unblocked - we've seen up to 12 hour blocks from members on here though!

Just checked and my IP is now unblocked.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30289 on: February 6, 2023, 01:36:48 pm »
Its a disgrace alright! Not going to make my 13+ now it seems. Is nobody from SOS on here to address this? This is only affecting the regular match going fans!  :no

Try tweeting them (SoS) doubt you get a response though

Offline Divock

• Main Stander
« Reply #30290 on: February 6, 2023, 03:20:42 pm »
Not saying that the club have created the blocking issue in the first place but the apparent lack of appetite to fix it absolutely stinks. As has been said many times, it suits the club to limit the number of fans with loads of credits (13+ especially).

Are we confident that the ticket office is doing everything it can to get this issue sorted - be that a fix that can be made internally or by putting their foot down with whoever the external provider is? Things seem to be moving at a glacial pace so far...

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #30291 on: February 6, 2023, 03:26:25 pm »
i think basically they do not want regular fans to anfield... that's why they were not forthcoming in letting everyone know when the sale was. they want day trippers who line up outside the club shop and spend loads. those with 13+ don't give them enough match day revenue. bar stewards.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30292 on: February 6, 2023, 03:55:37 pm »
i think basically they do not want regular fans to anfield... that's why they were not forthcoming in letting everyone know when the sale was. they want day trippers who line up outside the club shop and spend loads. those with 13+ don't give them enough match day revenue. bar stewards.

What sale?
If a regular ticket buyer doesn't know when a sale is, how would a day tripper know?
If it's extremely difficult for a regular ticket buyer to get their hands on one, how is it easier for a day tripper to get one?

I'm all for accusing them of being c*nts for some things, but this one doesn't make much sense to me.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #30293 on: February 6, 2023, 05:06:44 pm »
Everyone kicking off acting like its LFC who have done this and its the ticket offices 'tory agenda' to sort their mates? hahaha ffs

Same is happening to every single prem club using this ticketing software it is clearly seatgeek - united fans kicking off just as much, most other prem clubs using this software dont have the demand us and united do so isnt as big of an issue

Offline glasgowsmvp

• Kopite
« Reply #30294 on: February 6, 2023, 05:18:21 pm »
What sale?
If a regular ticket buyer doesn't know when a sale is, how would a day tripper know?
If it's extremely difficult for a regular ticket buyer to get their hands on one, how is it easier for a day tripper to get one?

I'm all for accusing them of being c*nts for some things, but this one doesn't make much sense to me.

I might be wrong, but I feel the notification of the second sale for the 13+ members this season was poor. I know there was an email, that said look on our website. My memory might be wrong but I always thought second sale was in December, it was in November, and I missed it and yes I am probably overly miffed that my 20 years of full loyalty is gone in a flash.

I think they didn't overly help the 13+ members to be kept in the loop re ticket sales in order to free up for those with less credits to get the chance and subsequently improve chances for members with zilch/firt timers who will foam at the crotch at the sight of a half and half of their first game etc.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30295 on: February 6, 2023, 05:26:01 pm »
Everyone kicking off acting like its LFC who have done this and its the ticket offices 'tory agenda' to sort their mates? hahaha ffs

Same is happening to every single prem club using this ticketing software it is clearly seatgeek - united fans kicking off just as much, most other prem clubs using this software dont have the demand us and united do so isnt as big of an issue

We don't all have mates helping us out in the ticket office

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #30296 on: February 6, 2023, 05:27:34 pm »
I might be wrong, but I feel the notification of the second sale for the 13+ members this season was poor. I know there was an email, that said look on our website. My memory might be wrong but I always thought second sale was in December, it was in November, and I missed it and yes I am probably overly miffed that my 20 years of full loyalty is gone in a flash.

I think they didn't overly help the 13+ members to be kept in the loop re ticket sales in order to free up for those with less credits to get the chance and subsequently improve chances for members with zilch/firt timers who will foam at the crotch at the sight of a half and half of their first game etc.
The bulk sales have always been in July and November.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Bonzai25

• Kemlynite
« Reply #30297 on: February 6, 2023, 05:31:36 pm »

It did say on the website mate when the sale date was, I didn't think they would email to let you know

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30298 on: February 6, 2023, 05:34:43 pm »
The bulk sales have always been in July and November.

And 6 of the 9 games needed prior attendance to buy.
So if the club wanted day trippers they've completely fucked up when to screw over those with prior attendance.

Offline WelshBorderRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #30299 on: February 6, 2023, 08:30:26 pm »
Just wondering people's thoughts on next season's ladder system ie the 4+ and 13+, does anyone foresee any changes at all?

If they do make changes, does the club have to tell us before the preceding season starts or can they just make the changes during the summer -
 once they done their maths etc? Do they have to run it passed SOS or anything?

I'm hoping I might just nudge 4+ this season so a change to 5+ or 6+ would be a killer for me!!!

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #30300 on: February 6, 2023, 09:26:59 pm »
Anyone else's "next game" in their account just say something like "Everton - registration for members with 13 or more games" rather than all the seat details as usual? It's on my NFC so I know it will be fine, just not seen this before.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline walterwhite

• Kopite
« Reply #30301 on: February 6, 2023, 09:42:45 pm »
Anyone else's "next game" in their account just say something like "Everton - registration for members with 13 or more games" rather than all the seat details as usual? It's on my NFC so I know it will be fine, just not seen this before.

Mines similar but just below it is the actual ticket and details

Just wondering people's thoughts on next season's ladder system ie the 4+ and 13+, does anyone foresee any changes at all?

If they do make changes, does the club have to tell us before the preceding season starts or can they just make the changes during the summer -
 once they done their maths etc? Do they have to run it passed SOS or anything?

I'm hoping I might just nudge 4+ this season so a change to 5+ or 6+ would be a killer for me!!!

A lot of people saying the 13+ will drop with the new extension to Annie road

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #30302 on: February 6, 2023, 09:45:14 pm »
Mines similar but just below it is the actual ticket and details

A lot of people saying the 13+ will drop with the new extension to Annie road

Mine says Stand: Registration / Area: Registration

Also has it down as 3pm Saturday ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #30303 on: February 6, 2023, 10:12:26 pm »

We are currently talking to senior members within the club. I can assure you the current issue is not been ignored from SOS. It requires a technical solution that only the club can provide. We are awaiting further information in relation to progress by the club.
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline Terry Hanks

• Boys Pen
« Reply #30304 on: February 7, 2023, 08:02:51 am »
You can understand why the club have tried this but to have a ticket system nobody but touts can navigate is a bit farcical.
What do they do though?
If they make it easier then bots win, if they make it harder then bots win.
Window sales isn't an option, that will see hundreds in the queue by 3am all paid for.
Maybe the team being so bad is a ploy by the ticket office to reduce demand.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30305 on: February 7, 2023, 08:14:15 am »
You can understand why the club have tried this but to have a ticket system nobody but touts can navigate is a bit farcical.
What do they do though?
If they make it easier then bots win, if they make it harder then bots win.
Window sales isn't an option, that will see hundreds in the queue by 3am all paid for.
Maybe the team being so bad is a ploy by the ticket office to reduce demand.

Here’s one solution they refuse to try.  Buy tickets that have been put on tout sites, then once they have the seat number cancel the membership or ST that relates to it and impose a lifetime ban on the individual. They wouldn’t even lose much money as any STs are paid in advance and they don’t have to refund the unused part.

They could also get the police to raid those pricks who hand out dozens of passes at the game and do the same.

Local sales also should be binned or ID checked at the ticket window at pick up.

At the moment the system is almost designed for touts.

Offline Terry Hanks

• Boys Pen
« Reply #30306 on: February 7, 2023, 09:05:40 am »
Here’s one solution they refuse to try.  Buy tickets that have been put on tout sites, then once they have the seat number cancel the membership or ST that relates to it and impose a lifetime ban on the individual. They wouldn’t even lose much money as any STs are paid in advance and they don’t have to refund the unused part.

They could also get the police to raid those pricks who hand out dozens of passes at the game and do the same.

Local sales also should be binned or ID checked at the ticket window at pick up.

I think they have tried all of them already.
The ticket system is already unbelievably complicated, I still haven't got a clue how or if I can forward tickets.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30307 on: February 7, 2023, 10:08:13 am »

Didn't they have a team dedicated to looking into touting? We had all that with them banning memberships which is part of the reason we had to call it a day with the exchange.

Offline Shaneee.

• Siannn's alter ego
  • Anny Roader
  • Y N W A
« Reply #30308 on: February 7, 2023, 10:17:51 am »
Didn't they have a team dedicated to looking into touting? We had all that with them banning memberships which is part of the reason we had to call it a day with the exchange.

They must have disbanded the team very quickly because the touting website are rife with any amount tickets  :butt

You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30309 on: February 7, 2023, 10:34:27 am »
I think they have tried all of them already.
The ticket system is already unbelievably complicated, I still haven't got a clue how or if I can forward tickets.

When have they tried buying up tickets on tout sites and cancelling them? And why don't they simply keep doing it? It genuinely baffles me, and I've said on here before I don't know if there is a legal loophole stopping them from doing that or something, but the T&Cs seem quite clear on it. A simple Google of "Liverpool v Everton tickets" and the first hit is a site with 869 tickets available for the Derby. Those tickets range from £95 for a severely restricted view in the Lower Anny Road, to £2750 for seats in the Main Stand with 1892 Lounge access. Do the club not want to take the hit financially buy purchasing them? It seems like peanuts when you consider the weekly wages of players - and they could sell the tickets back to people at face value to recover some of the money. As for Season Tickets as someone said above these have already been paid for so the club wouldn't really lose much at all, and could immediately offer them to people at the top of the list in the summer.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30310 on: February 7, 2023, 10:40:20 am »
When have they tried buying up tickets on tout sites and cancelling them? And why don't they simply keep doing it? It genuinely baffles me, and I've said on here before I don't know if there is a legal loophole stopping them from doing that or something, but the T&Cs seem quite clear on it. A simple Google of "Liverpool v Everton tickets" and the first hit is a site with 869 tickets available for the Derby. Those tickets range from £95 for a severely restricted view in the Lower Anny Road, to £2750 for seats in the Main Stand with 1892 Lounge access. Do the club not want to take the hit financially buy purchasing them? It seems like peanuts when you consider the weekly wages of players - and they could sell the tickets back to people at face value to recover some of the money. As for Season Tickets as someone said above these have already been paid for so the club wouldn't really lose much at all, and could immediately offer them to people at the top of the list in the summer.

For my sins, I used a tout site for an FA Cup Final ticket back in May. It would be a very expensive exercise for the club, but one that would wipe out hundreds of touts in an instant if they hoovered up all the tickets on that site.
They surely have all the details recorded for each seat number and who bought it.

Online KIFS

• Main Stander
  • Orcs must die!
« Reply #30311 on: February 7, 2023, 10:56:37 am »
We are currently talking to senior members within the club. I can assure you the current issue is not been ignored from SOS. It requires a technical solution that only the club can provide. We are awaiting further information in relation to progress by the club.

Thanks for the response. Hopefully they will get it sorted soon. Otherwise years of hard work down the drain.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #30312 on: February 7, 2023, 10:57:57 am »
They've never tried to buy from the tout sites. They did briefly went after single touts selling separately on tweeter and Facebook but never went through the tout sites. Those sites in many cases are the touts, they themselves buy tickets and resell, they also have some legal protection I believe which is stopping the club from going after them. Those sites employ staff to buy tickets in demand for games and concerts.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30313 on: February 7, 2023, 11:06:51 am »
They've never tried to buy from the tout sites. They did briefly went after single touts selling separately on tweeter and Facebook but never went through the tout sites. Those sites in many cases are the touts, they themselves buy tickets and resell, they also have some legal protection I believe which is stopping the club from going after them. Those sites employ staff to buy tickets in demand for games and concerts.

The website owners may have protection (i.e. "we don't know where people get their tickets from") but the ticketholder who bought the ticket and passed it on has no protection. The rules of membership and STH are quite clear on the rules around resale of tickets and allow plenty of leeway to legitimately pass tickets to Friends & Family and even to distribute. By contrast every ticket on resale sites is on sale for several multiples of face value and there is no legal defence for it.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30314 on: February 7, 2023, 11:10:04 am »

The one that I used is a platform for touts as far as I know. They don't buy the tickets themselves, but just allow the touts to use the site and you're buying directly from them essentially with the site taking commission. A bit like JustEat I suppose  :D.
However it does appear to be regulated and the touts have to prove the tickets are genuine.
If I remember it is based in Spain, but the ticket I got was from a scouser. He called me to say the ticket has been left at my hotel reception.
My mate that also got one had a massive stress getting his sorted, but the site sourced him another one on the morning of the game after his first one didn't turn up. He'd to pick it up from a hotel in Mayfair, again from a scouser.

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30315 on: February 7, 2023, 11:12:56 am »
The queue is a complete lottery anyway so they might as well just ballot everything where you’re not guaranteed a ticket.

If there’s an additional members sale then anyone who was unsuccessful just goes on a randomised waiting list and tickets get offered on a time limited basis to whoever is first on the list until they’re all gone.

The whole process is so tiring and soul destroying anyway so what difference would it make?

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #30316 on: February 7, 2023, 11:16:12 am »
If the club doesn't want to take a financial hit on this, they should use a few games in the early gameweeks against some less recognised opposition, like Bournemouth, Crystal Palace etc., so they probably pay less to buyout the ticket at the touting website and still have like 15 home games ahead, they can cancel the ST and put that seat back on regular sale on club's website for the remainder of the season, which returns the invested amount + returns the seat to the fans who actually want to go to the game.
Those on ST waiting list might get to their 'promised land' the following season or the seat might return to the bulk salem either option is better than leaving this seat sold at extortionate prices by the touts.
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #30317 on: February 7, 2023, 12:59:28 pm »
The website owners may have protection (i.e. "we don't know where people get their tickets from") but the ticketholder who bought the ticket and passed it on has no protection. The rules of membership and STH are quite clear on the rules around resale of tickets and allow plenty of leeway to legitimately pass tickets to Friends & Family and even to distribute. By contrast every ticket on resale sites is on sale for several multiples of face value and there is no legal defence for it.
The ticket owners have the protection from the site. The site takes the money of the buyer, which is why the club can't touch them.  The sites being based in other countries may be helping them getaway with things. Pretty sure there was an investigation on BBC or summat back in the day and they showed you can't touch the sites legally. The club essentially does the same when the give tickets to be resold to other companies as part of so called packages. When you bring a case you have to bring it against the site otherwise they would have done it by now.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30318 on: February 7, 2023, 01:39:33 pm »
The ticket owners have the protection from the site. The site takes the money of the buyer, which is why the club can't touch them.  The sites being based in other countries may be helping them getaway with things. Pretty sure there was an investigation on BBC or summat back in the day and they showed you can't touch the sites legally. The club essentially does the same when the give tickets to be resold to other companies as part of so called packages. When you bring a case you have to bring it against the site otherwise they would have done it by now.

Regardless of what protection is offered from the site, surely anyone who sells their ticket on it has broken the T&Cs of their Season Ticket/Membership and would have no leg to stand on legally if the club cancelled them? I'm not talking about going after the sites themselves here or even withholding the money they're selling the ticket for, I'm talking about the individuals touting tickets on them and cancelling their STs/Memberships.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2023, 01:48:47 pm by gregor »

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #30319 on: February 7, 2023, 02:30:29 pm »
I know what you mean but obviously that's not that easy, otherwise the club would have done it.
It could also be that the club will need to disclose the information how and where they got the person and sites may not be cooperating with them.  It's silly but there are lots of stupid things they need to show and prove how they obtained them.