Author Topic: THE 2022 EUROPEAN CUP FINAL - Liverpool v Real Madrid, Paris SAT 28 MAY 8PM  (Read 72480 times)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
so I can only assume his bias is because he's either been bought or because City were the English team.

It's the later.

All UK pundits/commentators are expected to support the English team, it's the done thing and they presume everyone watching will be the same.

I have friends who support teams other then Liverpool that always support the English team in Europe, one is a Man Utd fan who will be supporting us on Saturday. They really can't understand why I always support the foreign team against anyone but Liverpool.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Can't believe we are building up to ANOTHER European Cup Final.

These are days my mates.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Real Madrid defence is average. I watched their games against Chelsea and Oil_City and their defenders are comedy gold especially Militão also Alaba if he plays he is an offside trap disaster so think this game will depend on our forwards being clinical. Mostly I assume the worst but this game I am confident. Having said that you cant deny Madrid luck in this competition so unless some freak events happen like the last time we met at a final I can't see us not winning.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
It's the later.

All UK pundits/commentators are expected to support the English team, it's the done thing and they presume everyone watching will be the same.

I have friends who support teams other then Liverpool that always support the English team in Europe, one is a Man Utd fan who will be supporting us on Saturday. They really can't understand why I always support the foreign team against anyone but Liverpool.

Did you explain to them that you're not English? ;)

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
Did you explain to them that you're not English? ;)

I'm Irish, born there, had an Irish passport for 20+ years.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm Irish, born there, had an Irish passport for 20+ years.

And they still don't get it?  ???

Popcorn's Art

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
And they still don't get it?  ???

They're slowly starting to get there

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
If this goes to pens I think Liverpool would have genuinely caused some serious heart problems this season. 3 cup finals of penalty shootouts and having the title in grasp for 10 minutes on the last day.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
I’m in the minority but I went off him after he left us for Real.

A year after we tried to bin him off for Gareth Barry.

Offline HARD AS HELL

• Main Stander
  • Hitachi
He is Basque though which should mean he should have more in common politically and spiritually with the values of Liverpool FC i.e. anti-establishment

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
If everyone is fully fit, I make us 60/40 favorites. Otherwise its 50/50. We should beat them, but they are a horrible team to play against. They have that same arrogance and fortune as we do in this competition, arguably more so.
arrogance?
fortune?

jesus ....

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
We're a lot tougher mentally than either Chelsea or City, but Real have had some bloody good fortune to make this final and they're dangerous enough to spawn a result. I'm bricking it already.  :D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Real Madrid were extremely fortunate Chelsea or Man City especially didn't score double digit goals. I'm not discounting them, but they've been bang average and extremely lucky to be in the final

This isn't peak Madrid and if we both play to their maximum potential then I can't see any other winner than Liverpool

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
I didn't watch all of their games vs Chelsea and City, but from what I did catch they seemed to be playing like they had boots full of lead for long stretches.  I think we could blow them away if we start at a high tempo and keep it that way.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Sky at Night

• Main Stander
Real Madrid were extremely fortunate Chelsea or Man City especially didn't score double digit goals. I'm not discounting them, but they've been bang average and extremely lucky to be in the final

This isn't peak Madrid and if we both play to their maximum potential then I can't see any other winner than Liverpool

I'm hoping you're right on this. In the first leg, City could have scored 4 or 5 in the first 45 mins alone.

Stating the very obvious, it's all about taking chances and not assuming that those chances will keep coming. We need to be clinical in front of goal and I think if we get a 2 goal lead, Madrid's heads will bow. After all, they're not playing at home in front of their own fans (unlike when their come backs against Chelsea and City occurred.

I'm confident we can win this in 90 mins as long as we finish off chances as we know we can do.

Just one other big wish please - no penalties   :o
‘It’s one of the finest exhibitions of football I’ve ever seen in my life… I’ve seen Brazilians play but I’ve never seen the game played at that pace or executed like that.’ - Sir Tom Finney after Liverpool thrashed Nottingham Forest 5-0 in 1988

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
Is it really only Wednesday?
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
As always , i would imagine that our lot will make the most noise and make it a hostile environment for them. Seeing the red all over the show makes it intimidating too. We already know that YNWA has had  an effect on Ancelotti's teams in European finals. Our noise is going to be decisive, especially in the first half hour.

At a guess I reckon we'll go all out on the throttle in the opening 20 minutes. We've got to be clinical because they'll have their chances as well.

But that's just a guess.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I hope their ref gives us a look-in. Hope someone asks him before the game how he felt about the 2018 final when he was the fourth official and didn't do his job.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In news that will shock the Liverpool supporters worldwide.   :'(

Gary Neville on LFC against Madrid:

“I don’t think they’re going to win the European Cup on Saturday. I’ve been thinking about Paris a lot and the midfield of Madrid changes it all.”

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In news that will shock the Liverpool supporters worldwide.   :'(

I think he has been wrong on all his cup predictions so far - so that’s sound.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
Any idea who number 38 is, from our training preparations today?  A GK, but I'm not sure who he is.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Pitaluga, it looks like. Actually it’s not is it? And he’s got his own number.

Harvey Davies?
AHA!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Harvey Davis.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
I think he has been wrong on all his cup predictions so far - so that’s sound.
He's not wrong about their midfield, though.

I've read some mad takes of Kroos in the CL thread when they were playing City, about how he should have retired and that he was past it and all that. Bollocks. He's still quality, and him and Modric can still produce the goods. I think the shouts of Madrid not being as good as they were and that they are lucky to be in the final is also mad. Sure, not what they were, but they're still a very dangerous side that can turn anyone in world football over on the day. We're going to have to be really on our game from start to finish to win this, especially when we get chances.

Offline cress

• Main Stander
Don't know why but it feels to me like this will be a comfortable victory like vs Spurs in Madrid. The boys are going to smash it.

Offline MH41

• Kopite
Pitaluga, it looks like. Actually it’s not is it? And he’s got his own number.

Harvey Davies?
Thanks 👍 Yeah Harvey Davies. Just checked it out after your reply

Offline MH41

• Kopite

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks for a great op Duvva. I always enjoyed the round table forums. As you probs remember I did the shit op’s last season when many stopped believing 😂. We got to CL and here we are.
I am worried about our performances in the last few games but if we can summon enough positive and quick play we can make these look old and slow with a poor defence.
Here are my answers to your questions fwiw.
First CL final - I remember Rome. Tommy Smith!!
Favourite final - watching Rime, but I got to the Bruges final so that was amazing
Lowest point - Kiev and Mo / Karius for infield. Heysel for everything else
Goal - Kenny dink at Wembley
Live final - Wembley vs Bruges as above
This one - Part of a closed event in Cross Keys, after depends on the result 😂
RM to be kept quiet - Vinicius, Modric and Kamavinga f he gets on
Our exciting player - Diaz but I hope he is more composed on the finish on Saturday
Tactics - Go hard early and aim to be two up by half time but keep a back seven solid
Team - Ali, Trent, Virgil, Matip, Robby, Hendo, Fab, Keita, Diaz, Sadio, Mo
I think we can win this in the 90

« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 08:52:47 pm by RogerTheRed »
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
Harvey Davis.

Not actually related but who was the player we signed for the U23's a few years ago who was a fair bit older than most to play up front. He was bought to basically finish all the chances the likes of Wilson, Ojo etc would setup.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
Not actually related but who was the player we signed for the U23's a few years ago who was a fair bit older than most to play up front. He was bought to basically finish all the chances the likes of Wilson, Ojo etc would setup.
Joe Hardy?

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
Joe Hardy?

thats the fella. Wiki says hes on loan to a Scottish championship team from Accrington Stanley.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gary Neville shags his ma etc etc
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
He's not wrong about their midfield, though.

I've read some mad takes of Kroos in the CL thread when they were playing City, about how he should have retired and that he was past it and all that. Bollocks. He's still quality, and him and Modric can still produce the goods. I think the shouts of Madrid not being as good as they were and that they are lucky to be in the final is also mad. Sure, not what they were, but they're still a very dangerous side that can turn anyone in world football over on the day. We're going to have to be really on our game from start to finish to win this, especially when we get chances.

And our midfield could be Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago. Is there a better midfield in the world?

We just have to play our best and I think we win.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
People seemingly forgetting that we're not in great form (despite the amazing results). Trent got roasted about 3 times by Pedro Neto at the weekend, Vinicius will be a next level challenge by comparison. Jiminez had Konate consistently beaten, lets see how he fares against Benzema if VVD doesn't make it. Their midfield is getting on a bit, but if we have to field Milner, Hendo and Naby, we're definitely losing the MF battle.

Lots of concerns for sure, let's hope the week off sees us recoup some energy, form and players.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
People seemingly forgetting that we're not in great form (despite the amazing results). Trent got roasted about 3 times by Pedro Neto at the weekend, Vinicius will be a next level challenge by comparison. Jiminez had Konate consistently beaten, lets see how he fares against Benzema if VVD doesn't make it. Their midfield is getting on a bit, but if we have to field Milner, Hendo and Naby, we're definitely losing the MF battle.

Lots of concerns for sure, let's hope the week off sees us recoup some energy, form and players.

Virgil is fit and ready.

We won't paly kamikaze like we did against Wolves.

How will Vinicious cope with Trent attacking him?

Fabinho trained today and Thiago will train tomorrow.

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
Flying to Paris tomorrow, cant wait to meet all the Liverpool fans in the city. Lets make it a red day, a glorious day. Up the fucking reds!

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan

This is the first game in weeks where we can play at full pelt.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 09:30:14 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
Is it really only Wednesday?
….nearly Thursday.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
….nearly Thursday.