Author Topic: A Liverpool FC victory parade will take place in the city on Sunday May 29.  (Read 43239 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
The Mayor of Liverpool, Joanne Anderson, had already invited the club to take part in a victory parade in preparation for the potential outcome of the season, but following last Saturday’s Wembley win, this has been extended to include the Emirates FA Cup, in addition to the League Cup.

LFC has officially accepted the offer and the parade will begin at 4pm BST on the day after the Reds play Real Madrid in the Champions League final.

The parade will also include a bus with representatives from Liverpool FC Women, who won the FA Women’s Championship.

As the date of the victory parade falls on the anniversary of the Heysel Stadium disaster, throughout the morning LFC, supported by Liverpool City Council, will pay tribute to the 39 supporters who lost their lives on that day.

The 13.5km victory route, the same as the 2019 parade, will start at Allerton Maze in the south of the city. It will then travel northbound on Queens Drive towards the Fiveways roundabout (in Childwall) and on to the Rocket flyover.

From there, it will journey along:

Queens Drive
Mill Bank
West Derby Road
Islington
Leeds Street
The Strand
Route finishes at Blundell Street
To find out all about road closures, public transport, viewing areas or to track the parade on a live Google map, head to Culture Liverpool, which is home to a useful series of FAQs.

The full costs of the parade will be met by LFC.

Mayor Anderson said: “We’re delighted that we can now confirm the club will definitely parade around the city on May 29 – and I’m pleased we will be celebrating the achievements of both the men and women’s teams.

“A huge amount of work goes on behind the scenes in preparation for an event of this size and scale, so it’s fantastic that the city is now going to be able to experience this.

“Lifting the FA Cup, the League Cup and the FA Women’s Championship trophy is an incredible achievement that deserves to be acknowledged and we have everything crossed that they won’t be the only trophies they are lifting on the day! Whatever the outcome of the end of the season and the Champions League final, Liverpool FC and Liverpool FC Women have already done us proud, and we will give both teams the homecoming celebration they deserve.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-fc-victory-parade-take-place-may-29
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice one. Hopefully the men will be parading 4  ;D

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
We waited until the FA Cup was secured before confirming. Even if it were just the League Cup there should have been a parade just as a thank you for the league in 19/20 which we weren't able to celebrate.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Great news as they deserve this and was only moaning after Saturday why no parade after winning the domestic cup double.  Nice to see the Womens team involved as well. Fiveways roundabout then into town it is.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 08:47:00 am by sheepfest »

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good move, much better to have it confirmed, and the FA cup alone would have been worth a parade!

Great to see the women's team involved too!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Good Move.
Love that the Women Team are also involved as the Women also Deserve it.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Brill. Even if we lose the CL final, this will act as a great pick-me-up for the players/staff.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
They all deserve it.

Get Sinama-Pongolle, Le Tallec and Mellor on a minibus at the back too
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
To be honest even if we don't win the PL then the parade should feature those that helped us win the PL 2 seasons ago also.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We waited until the FA Cup was secured before confirming. Even if it were just the League Cup there should have been a parade just as a thank you for the league in 19/20 which we weren't able to celebrate.

yeah it's the right thing to do. Here's hoping it's not just the two, mind.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
yeah it's the right thing to do. Here's hoping it's not just the two, mind.

They need to say that though and no matter which way it goes come Sunday night I hope the club does and I hope the PL let the cup be on the parade. Ex players should be invited from the 19/20 season.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They need to say that though and no matter which way it goes come Sunday night I hope the club does and I hope the PL let the cup be on the parade. Ex players should be invited from the 19/20 season.

If you're suggesting the PL cup should be on parade for 19/20, after man city have won it on Sunday, I disagree completely and think it would be a bit embarrassing to be honest. The moment's gone. But hoping that's a moot point come sunday. And that then there's another big eared one on show too.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
It doesn’t mention it but I presume LFCTV will show it?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

That’s a no.

It is what it is, that is the past, it is about this season.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Awesome. No doubt others will take the piss if we don’t win any more from here but fuck ‘em.

As usual the turnout will be amazing and put to shame anything City do if they do win the league. Great for the women to be involved as well. Commence Operation Unbearables.

Offline TheLeftSide

• Anny Roader
Massive mistake!

A parade on the anniversary of Heysel!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Awesome. No doubt others will take the piss if we don’t win any more from here but fuck ‘em.

As usual the turnout will be amazing and put to shame anything City do if they do win the league. Great for the women to be involved as well. Commence Operation Unbearables.

Surely you don't mean our Blue brothers and sisters who will no doubt come out with their usual 'Mickey Mouse' trophies if its 'just' the two domestic trophies.

Not that it stopped them having a parade when they won their last trophy in 1995

https://twitter.com/oldpicposter/status/1396436088009412609

Too much red on that bus though.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Winning the domestic cup double is enough to celebrate this amazing team that we are so lucky to have. Lets hope that they show off all 4 trophies to their adoring public (well the red half anyway). 

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Winning the domestic cup double is enough to celebrate this amazing team that we are so lucky to have. Lets hope that they show off all 4 trophies to their adoring public (well the red half three quarters anyway).

Sorry for being pedantic. ;D

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Sorry for being pedantic. ;D

they may go down so we can celebrate that while we are at it 

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
We need a parade for our LAST league win

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
We didn’t have a PL celebration because of pandemic so this is long overdue.

If we could go on to win the PL and CL in the next 2 weeks it would be make this celebration even sweeter.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Forget the cups....just put Divock on his own Bus..this parades for him

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
I AM GOING TO WANDER AROUND AND BE OUTSIDE ALL DAY FOR THIS

(on the day, I get there, look around)

I SEE MY IDEA HAS CAUGHT ON

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
Cant wait, going to be a fun day and hope the public transport system isn't jammed up and running late!

Great season, well worth celebrating and also great stuff from the Women's team to. Lots to cheers about really!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm

I don't think we parade the 19/20 win unless we manage to win it again this year, too weird.

:D

Offline TheLeftSide

• Anny Roader
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/heysel

Wrong date for a parade!!!!   FFS

The club should turn this down and request a different date.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
The team obv deserves this however you wonder how they’ll feel doing it if they’ve just lost the CL final

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
To be honest even if we don't win the PL then the parade should feature those that helped us win the PL 2 seasons ago also.

Always a bizarre spin :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bucko - Dubai

• Anny Roader
Disappointed with the timing of this being the same day as Heysel.

Also a lot of fans wont be back from Paris.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

if they  do, it just shows the level of obession.

We had a parade last time we won the FA Cup. So it’d been odd if one didn’t happen this season. Just he timing of it is different, cos now the FA Cup final isn’t after the league has finished. Is that a one season thing or is that now the normal? I hadn't watched one for years  ;D

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
Massive mistake!

Sadly yes. Gives the haters even more chance to hate. Not that they give a fuck about the poor people that lost their lives that terrible night.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Massive mistake!

I was wondering that too. The club are commemorating the anniversary in the morning I think.....but, even so, wondering if a different date might be more appropriate eg. Thursday 2 or Friday 3 June, which are Bank Holiday's, due to the Queen's Jubilee. It also gives those of us travelling to Paris will have time to get back and enjoy the parade too.

I know, naturally, the players/staff etc will want to get away on their hols asap, but it's only a few days difference.......

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Bit gutted to miss this as going away Sunday morning. One after Madrid was great fun. Didn’t bother with town but it was absolutely mobbed by the Navigator wetherspoons on Queens Drive. Bus got a bit stuck so loads of time to buzz off the players and staff.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
It’s a shame the bank holiday has been moved from the Monday because of the Jubilee, as that would have been perfect as it avoids that date and allows supporters more time to get home from Paris.

It’s a really tough one as the players and supporters definitely deserve the opportunity to celebrate this seasons successes, but have to agree that any kind of celebration on the 29th May even with the commemorations in the morning doesn’t feel quite right.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Doesn’t Robbo have a World Cup play off on something like 1st June?

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
Can’t be having a parade just for domestic cups. Good job we will win the European Cup anyway.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
I was wondering that too. The club are commemorating the anniversary in the morning I think.....but, even so, wondering if a different date might be more appropriate eg. Thursday 2 or Friday 3 June, which are Bank Holiday's, due to the Queen's Jubilee. It also gives those of us travelling to Paris will have time to get back and enjoy the parade too.

I know, naturally, the players/staff etc will want to get away on their hols asap, but it's only a few days difference.......

There's internationals on those days unfortunately, think some will leave as soon as they get off the bus it's that tight and the rest the next morning. Think it's this date or there's not one at all but would obviously much prefer we didn't celebrate on this date.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I know we probably think the manager and players love this club as much as the fans do, but I doubt any of them will be hanging around after that weekend! They’ll already have booked holidays and will be long gone.