Author Topic: Takumi Minamino  (Read 429054 times)

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Takumi Minamino - Now Eligible to Play
« Reply #920 on: January 26, 2020, 11:34:52 pm »
Don't see why we're playing him out wide at times. Not in any way a natural fit for that position.

Can see he has the technical ability, touch etc, which bodes well for the future.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #921 on: January 26, 2020, 11:39:48 pm »
What teammates, 16 year old Elliot and Origi?

Salah, Firmino, Robbo, etc on Thursday, and yes, Origi, Elliott, Jones, etc today. He'll need time to build an understanding with his teammates, he said as much in an interview a few days ago.

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: January 27, 2020, 12:25:55 am »
I thought he looked good in the first half? A bit lost on some patterns of play - to be expected - but you could see some of his quality.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #923 on: January 27, 2020, 08:12:28 am »
He needs training time with the team. You can see he has all the attributes to fit in well, he's just not used to playing with the rest of the team (and the other way round). He'll be goood next season, this is just a learning phase.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #924 on: January 27, 2020, 08:51:27 am »
On a totally different level, I used to play Sunday and Saturday football and when joining a 'new' team sometimes you did find yourself running around seemingly like a headless chicken and trying to find your place in the team whilst trying your best - it can be frustrating.

Sometimes you slot right in like you've always been there, other times you run around the pitch trying to cover every blade of grass.

I think Mini is obviously a good player but he looks like he's playing for one team inside another if that makes sense.

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: January 27, 2020, 08:56:44 am »
He does have lots of energy. Was closing down players for the entire time he was on the pitch.

Maybe a good tactic is to bring him on in the 70th minute to run at and press at opposition. Moreover once he gets his first goal, i can see him scoring more regularly.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #926 on: January 27, 2020, 09:09:13 am »
He'll be better once adapting to his new teammates and patterns of play...seems to have enough about him.

Hopefully doesn't get bogged down with injuries like Keita to prevent this organic process
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #927 on: January 27, 2020, 09:10:11 am »
He needs training time with the team. You can see he has all the attributes to fit in well, he's just not used to playing with the rest of the team (and the other way round). He'll be goood next season, this is just a learning phase.

Absolutely. I said in the post-match thread that if it was earlier in the season, perhaps we'd have eased him in like Robbo and Fabinho. He clearly needs more time to adapt.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: February 1, 2020, 05:38:04 pm »
Was willing him on to score today. Should have told Naby to leave it :)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #929 on: February 1, 2020, 06:57:11 pm »
Was willing him on to score today. Should have told Naby to leave it :)

He did leave it...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #930 on: February 1, 2020, 07:19:40 pm »
He did leave it...

no he didn't - he missed the shot.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #931 on: February 1, 2020, 07:30:24 pm »
Can't believe he missed the target from there. If he'd been on the pitch five minutes longer, I bet he would have slotted that one, but the first goal is always the toughest one to get. He'll do well for us as, essentially, a Lallana replacement / upgrade.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline mrshirtee

• Boys Pen
Liverpool in Japan Documentary
« Reply #932 on: February 1, 2020, 09:11:16 pm »
Stumbled across this today...a really fascinating insight into Reds fans the other side of the world  :)

Thought it would be a load of fans there just for Minamino but turns out they've done some great work in the past with the foodbanks and even making 1000 origami cranes for Ox back when he was injured.

Would recommend to anyone with a spare 15 minutes this evening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qsprIbhfVE

Offline mrshirtee

• Boys Pen
« Reply #933 on: February 1, 2020, 09:12:28 pm »
Thought he had to score from there but granted would have been put off by Keita.

At least he's getting himself into those positions....fingers crossed he can open his account soon so he can chip in during the run-in and CL!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: February 1, 2020, 09:17:46 pm »
I thought it was Keita that hit it?!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #935 on: February 1, 2020, 09:20:50 pm »
I thought it was Keita that hit it?!

We all did.
Took me two replays to correct it.

Offline Big Sami Hyypiä

• Main Stander
« Reply #936 on: February 1, 2020, 09:48:17 pm »
Stumbled across this today...a really fascinating insight into Reds fans the other side of the world  :)

Thought it would be a load of fans there just for Minamino but turns out they've done some great work in the past with the foodbanks and even making 1000 origami cranes for Ox back when he was injured.

Would recommend to anyone with a spare 15 minutes this evening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qsprIbhfVE

That was a brilliant watch, thanks for sharing. Visited Japan many years ago, dying to get back now and watch a game with some of the Reds there

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #937 on: February 1, 2020, 10:13:57 pm »
no he didn't - he missed the shot.

Naby did not hit the shot, Minamino did...

That's what I meant to say, sorry if it came across wrong.

Very clear on the telly...

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: February 1, 2020, 10:17:00 pm »
Naby did not hit the shot, Minamino did...

That's what I meant to say, sorry if it came across wrong.

Very clear on the telly...

gotcha.

On first view I thought it was Keita - but he had his hands up as if saying "I didn't touch it"...and then the replay confirmed it. That said - I think Keita ended up sort of messing with Minamino's shot or at least disconcerted him.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #939 on: February 1, 2020, 10:18:22 pm »
gotcha.

On first view I thought it was Keita - but he had his hands up as if saying "I didn't touch it"...and then the replay confirmed it. That said - I think Keita ended up sort of messing with Minamino's shot or at least disconcerted him.

Agreed, on all counts...

Takumi and Naby both ghost around so well when we are in possession, and flyall over the place closing down when we don't...

Dynamism isn't really an adequate description when those two are playing together...

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: February 1, 2020, 10:18:50 pm »
That pass to Bobby where their lad got booked for the NFL tackle was beautiful. Shame he didn’t score but getting in there and getting shots off is the important part, the goals will come.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2020, 10:20:35 pm by DelTrotter »

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: February 1, 2020, 10:30:16 pm »

That was an awesome watch. Thanks for sharing!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #942 on: February 12, 2020, 12:23:35 am »
I know we wont see the best of him til next season, but im curious what peoples thoughts are of which position he will end up playing in?

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #943 on: February 12, 2020, 03:09:14 am »
I know we wont see the best of him til next season, but im curious what peoples thoughts are of which position he will end up playing in?

He did damage to us cutting in from out wide.    Hopefully he gets a good run in the FA Cup this season. 
Klopp that!

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #944 on: February 14, 2020, 06:29:41 am »

We'll see the best of him as soon as he gets some proper game time.  ;)

Offline lucabrasi

• sleepswiththefishes
  • Main Stander
« Reply #945 on: February 14, 2020, 07:38:27 am »
We'll see the best of him as soon as he gets some proper game time.  ;)

I’m curious to see how the boss plays this out when the league is officially over. Does he really want the record if it’s still attainable by playing the first team players? Or does he say feck it, we’ve won the league let’s get other players in their like Takumi. Maybe we set records anyway.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #946 on: February 14, 2020, 02:57:06 pm »

He did damage to us cutting in from out wide.    Hopefully he gets a good run in the FA Cup this season. 
We win the next 6 league games and I can see him start all other leagues games left of the season (him and possibly a couple of the kids).

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #947 on: February 15, 2020, 01:37:29 am »
We win the next 6 league games and I can see him start all other leagues games left of the season (him and possibly a couple of the kids).

Don't see this scenario playing out like that at all, Klopp is all about rhythm and keeping the boys in the best rhythm for CL and FA cup games will require them to keep playing most games, so the occasional resting of a usual starter is a possibility but not wholesale changes for many games IMO

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #948 on: February 15, 2020, 10:58:38 am »

It's a tough one because I think he has the ability to play several positions for us. My gut instinct is that he will mostly play the Bobby role.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #949 on: February 15, 2020, 11:37:06 pm »
Not on the bench today? Still finding his feet I guess.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #950 on: February 15, 2020, 11:39:59 pm »
If everyone stays fit I don’t expect to see much of him this season. As you say will be becoming acclimatised ready for next season, but the longer he’s here the more able he’ll be able to contribute this season if required is how I’m looking at it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #951 on: February 16, 2020, 10:08:29 am »

Klopp wouldn't have wanted to use him the way he has so far this season. He had to throw him in for the Everton game for his debut and then the 4th round. Then came on at a very tough away game at Wolves after Mane got injured.

Robbo and Fabinho were basically on the sidelines for half a season to adjust when signed. He might get Chelsea away in the cup and later in the season if the title is done he might get games to give forwards a rest either side of CL games.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: February 16, 2020, 10:10:49 am »

Think its just that you can only pick 7 subs and someone has to miss out. Shows how hard he will have to work to get in the matchday squad, but these first few months are a perfect time to adjust.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #953 on: February 17, 2020, 10:07:55 pm »
He looks so shy.  :( Extra Klopp hugs needed.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: February 18, 2020, 01:43:43 am »

I think hes just finding his feet amongst a squad that's been together quite a while now and all know each other very well. Plus in my experience Japanese people aren't generally that extroverted and that is probably why he appears shy.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #955 on: February 18, 2020, 10:39:45 am »

Maybe a high five or two or a thousand.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: March 1, 2020, 02:20:42 pm »

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #957 on: March 1, 2020, 02:21:46 pm »
I’d be starting him in both games next week, looked sharp (er) when he came on
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #958 on: March 1, 2020, 03:21:41 pm »
Hasnt looked anything special, to be honest.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: March 1, 2020, 03:25:11 pm »
we bought him for just over 7 million, we could sell him for triple the amount in a years time for fuck sakes. Does it matter?  ;D