Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1308272 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #80 on: October 7, 2019, 07:36:38 pm »
Not quite. If no one can level or overhaul your points tally then you win the title before the final game.

You can't be caught, but you always win it in the final game. Thats when its won, thats when it matters, thats when you are champions.

Then we can sing "Bring on the Champions"

Enough anyway, we're still only earning the right. we've won fuck all. Burn this thread.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: October 7, 2019, 08:15:04 pm »
Hodgson as my first manager of the club to where we are now is remarkable.

What's even more remarkable is that you started supporing a team with Hodgson as manager.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #82 on: October 7, 2019, 08:17:27 pm »
What's even more remarkable is that you started supporing a team with Hodgson as manager.

Fucking gory Hunter.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 7, 2019, 08:27:38 pm »
8 games in, not even thinking about winning the league, it is far far too early.

1985-86 Atkinsons Mancs won their first ten games, were 15 points clear of us, went unbeaten for the first 15 games, the media gave them the title in I think the October, it was all done and dusted. They then lost 10 of the remaining 27, finishing in 4th, 12pts behind the Champions, ie us.

I'll revisit this thread in February 2020, hopefully with us having a larger gap than 8pts.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: October 7, 2019, 08:27:44 pm »
As fans of the club we are allowed to get ahead of ourselves.

It always amazes me when people adopt this sensible attitude of one game at a time - that’s for the players, its absolutely fine for us to get ahead of ourselves and start dreaming of lifting the title up in May - especially when we haven’t won it in 30 years.

8 points obviously can be overcome,  but barring some implosion, City are going to have to be nigh on perfect to do it, there’s very little room for manoeuvre for them now.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #85 on: October 7, 2019, 08:42:37 pm »
Baby step to the next Premier League game.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: October 7, 2019, 08:44:04 pm »
The great thing is that the players have experience in this from last season and that can only do them a world of good. They're mentality monsters as it is, we just need to stay fit and healthy, and do what we have so far, some luck along the way.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: October 7, 2019, 08:47:18 pm »
Not getting too ahead of myself but if we do win, it will be  procession, wrapped up with plenty games to spare

Pretty certain you declared after City lost to Newcastle last season that it was over  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: October 7, 2019, 09:49:12 pm »
Pretty certain you declared after City lost to Newcastle last season that it was over  :D

I did and got burned for £300

No money on this time but much more faith than I had last year

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 7, 2019, 09:54:46 pm »
Very confident this season, I wasn't last season.

We will extend our lead further...

Offline Korbflechter

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: October 7, 2019, 10:17:40 pm »

It always amazes me when people adopt this sensible attitude of one game at a time - that’s for the players, its absolutely fine for us to get ahead of ourselves and start dreaming of lifting the title up in May - especially when we haven’t won it in 30 years.

8 points obviously can be overcome,  but barring some implosion, City are going to have to be nigh on perfect to do it, there’s very little room for manoeuvre for them now.

Yes, but getting ahead of oneself has been the reason why every title challenge in those 30 years has been even more upsetting in the end. And I'm pretty sure that the anxiety among the supporters when seeing the finish line in 2014 transferred to the players, who couldn't handle the pressure of those like 25 years on their shoulders.
There's so much joy in anticipating the next game, why anticipate an almost entire season? At least for me, the prospect of potentially handing the Mancs an absolute downer is very entertaining.  8)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 7, 2019, 10:22:53 pm »
8 games in, not even thinking about winning the league, it is far far too early.

I'll revisit this thread in February 2020, hopefully with us having a larger gap than 8pts.

Pretty much it in a nutshell. Ridiculous that people are thinking about this in the first week of October.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #92 on: October 7, 2019, 10:27:20 pm »
This thread is bad juju
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 7, 2019, 10:32:25 pm »
We just have to keep focusing on the next game as they come. 8 games in is fuck all. Many hurdles lay ahead.

Would be nice if we can thread more than the usual 3 passes together at Old Trafford in a couple of weeks.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #94 on: October 7, 2019, 10:32:44 pm »

Or course. Fans can and always will do things in their own way.

Me personally, I've learned to adopt the game by game approach. I just don't see the value in building myself up only to fall hard if it doesn't pan out. That's the kind of thing Everton fans do every single pre-season, and we all know the perpetual misery they live in.

I've seen us lift loads of titles and also seen us blow a number of others too. I'm too long in the tooth to get ahead of myself, although I understand why many others are perfectly happy to do so.  :)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 7, 2019, 10:34:07 pm »
Very confident this season, I wasn't last season.

We will extend our lead further...

The experience of last season where we failed to build on our lead and then see City win game after game will help. Yes we will stutter because of the pressure but City aren't as good as last year and we are better than last year so I expect us to win the league

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: October 7, 2019, 10:35:10 pm »
It's been a long time since we even managed back to back title challenges.  At this stage of the season I'd still only describe us as the pace setters.  Need another half dozen games at least before we can talk about a title challenge.

This is an exciting time to be a Liverpool fan but I want to manage my expectations.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #97 on: October 7, 2019, 10:40:11 pm »
Pretty much this. I'd take half a goal right now victory if possible, we've been so poor there in recent years it's frustrating. Last year in particular we didn't show up. 

I'd quite happily take a draw although a propper snotting would be nice . Maybe Iam being too sensible headed or being a shithouse but one thing life has taught me is. Never stick your chin out and never be over confident. That's two things actually but one thing at the same time.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: October 7, 2019, 11:38:11 pm »
Highly unlikely- this place will be one to avoid when we lose a league game sadly

It really shouldn't be. Genuinely don't get talk of being unbeaten... not an interest of mine anyway.

It's been a great start, and that is it. We WILL drop points this season. We will have injury concerns and we will need to juggle competitions. We may have a bad patch.. may have two. So might City. Not getting carried away at all.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 8, 2019, 12:10:07 am »

I've seen us lift loads of titles and also seen us blow a number of others too. I'm too long in the tooth to get ahead of myself, although I understand why many others are perfectly happy to do so.  :)

Do you remember the ' We're Forever Blowing Doubles ' flag after the 1989 Cup Final ? It was at the homecoming . Maybe it was 1988 after the Wimbledon final. Not sure .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #100 on: October 8, 2019, 12:19:46 am »
Do you remember the ' We're Forever Blowing Doubles ' flag after the 1989 Cup Final ? It was at the homecoming . Maybe it was 1988 after the Wimbledon final. Not sure .
I can't remember the flag, but I do remember the song. Not sure if it was after Arsenal in 89 or Wimbledon in 88, though.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 8, 2019, 12:30:36 am »
I'd quite happily take a draw although a propper snotting would be nice . Maybe Iam being too sensible headed or being a shithouse but one thing life has taught me is. Never stick your chin out and never be over confident. That's two things actually but one thing at the same time.

One thing is for certain is that the players and manager won't be doing either one based on everything we know

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: October 8, 2019, 12:44:20 am »
I can't remember the flag, but I do remember the song. Not sure if it was after Arsenal in 89 or Wimbledon in 88, though.

Maybe it was a song and not a flag.  Memories and experiences  and all that merging into one.

Iam still copus mentis though which aint bad for a seven year old.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Online kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 8, 2019, 12:46:29 am »
One thing is for certain is that the players and manager won't be doing either one based on everything we know

And that is good and that's why we love him.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: October 8, 2019, 01:12:35 am »
Next up. Man Utd at Old Trafford. 3 points ... that’s all that I am asking for now. I am hoping that as much as Klopp/we respect them, we will play knowing fully well that we’re more than capable of spanking them

Beyond that we shall see. It’s October, 8 games in - we should be confident but it’s way too early to be talking about winning the league. I am superstitious ... and won’t do anything that can jinxed us
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: October 8, 2019, 01:21:27 am »
I came onto the forum and immediately searched for "chasing pack" to try and find this thread from last year as it was about time this years version was posted.

The only reason people are erring on the side of caution, and rightly so, is because of who we're up against. We've yet to win the league in the premiership era and get that monkey off our back but maybe that's to do with the fact we've came close before and faltered. More than that, I think it's to do with with the fact we're up against Peps City side.

Any other title race with 8 wins and an 8 point gap would've have given up hope. Bookies would be paying out by now. Chelsea 3 years ago had that feeling.

Leicester did the same but because of their status and inexperience everyone expected them to falter.

Our form is no flash in the pan. If we lose 3 or 4 key players and lose the league then so be it but we'll be back and we will win it eventually.

It's been only a matter of time for a couple of years now. 08/09 or 13/14 you could've argued were a perfect storm with the resources we had but this has been coming.

Regardless, we're out in front and we should enjoy this because this is where we'll stay. The enjoyment of the win is short lived, the fun is in the journey that we're on now.

Edit - you can give it the big one about not looking past the next game etc and I get it but we're supporters, we dont need to be focused on the opponent. As supporters it's better if we get whipped up in the hysteria and shout and sing at every game and pass that support and confidence onto the players because they'll thrive on it.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2019, 01:24:46 am by Marty 85 »

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: October 8, 2019, 01:30:08 am »

The only reason people are erring on the side of caution, and rightly so, is because of who we're up against. We've yet to win the league in the premiership era and get that monkey off our back but maybe that's to do with the fact we've came close before and faltered. More than that, I think it's to do with with the fact we're up against Peps City side.

With all due respect mate, that's nonsense. I speak for me and me only, but I'm erring on the side of caution because there are 30 games left. More than 3 quarters of the season. We could be being chased by Barnsley, and I'd still have the same attitude. You may be correct in that someone else is only wary of celebrating in October because of City, but not everyone.

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #107 on: October 8, 2019, 01:34:33 am »
can’t comprehend the start we have had even more when I look at the points like this.

From the next 30 games 90 points available:

We need 66 from 90 to achieve 90 Points
We need 76 from 90 to achieve 100 points

How fucking crazy Is that ?
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: October 8, 2019, 01:47:01 am »
With all due respect mate, that's nonsense. I speak for me and me only, but I'm erring on the side of caution because there are 30 games left. More than 3 quarters of the season. We could be being chased by Barnsley, and I'd still have the same attitude. You may be correct in that someone else is only wary of celebrating in October because of City, but not everyone.
I speak more from the perspective of a neutral watching other seasons being played out and how the general media report on them too Barney. I'm not getting carried away but given Cities injuries and our form I think the bookies have the odds bang on.

All my uncles are so pessimistic and cynical after all the seconds of the years they will refuse to believe it until mathematically it's in the the bag. I'm 34 and can remember all the seconds but I'm not that pessimistic. Could argue age probably doesn't even come into it as much as your general outlook?

My message is to those people. It's meant to be enjoyable and they should drink it in now.

« Last Edit: October 8, 2019, 01:48:59 am by Marty 85 »

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: October 8, 2019, 02:13:15 am »
By all means be cautious. But go find another thread then.

In this thread we dine on the best Liverpool team of our lifetimes, sing its praises, and get on the hype train without a second's thought.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: October 8, 2019, 02:40:51 am »
Too early. Too early.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Online Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: October 8, 2019, 02:48:10 am »

1985-86 Atkinsons Mancs won their first ten games, were 15 points clear of us, went unbeaten for the first 15 games, the media gave them the title in I think the October, it was all done and dusted. They then lost 10 of the remaining 27, finishing in 4th, 12pts behind the Champions, ie us.

I was working in mancland back then, the stick I was getting was worth it for the end result. As we reeled them in I became more end more smug, good times footy wise....

Offline Nogg3000

• Main Stander
  • Come get some!
« Reply #112 on: October 8, 2019, 03:46:44 am »
Think Souness said a few years ago you generally need to lose one before you can win one - hope that’s true from last year. The boys look on a mission.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #113 on: October 8, 2019, 03:52:58 am »
I have already come to terms with our current team, even Hodgson could bring us to the league title.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #114 on: October 8, 2019, 06:01:44 am »
Think Souness said a few years ago you generally need to lose one before you can win one - hope that’s true from last year. The boys look on a mission.

That's what happened with the CL for us.

Also although we do have a nice 8 point lead, I do not think it will be easy to continue like this. We're fucking Liverpool, we always find a way to make it difficult again and then somehow make it out as winners at the last minute.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #115 on: October 8, 2019, 06:29:41 am »
By all means be cautious. But go find another thread then.

In this thread we dine on the best Liverpool team of our lifetimes, sing its praises, and get on the hype train without a second's thought.
Exactly this.

Excitement, joy and getting carried away is what this game is all about. If that's not for some people then fine, but 30 years of waiting makes seasons like this even more enjoyable, despite the pain of falling short before.

I'd rather go all in and dream than spend the season worrying about City or advising caution just in case of disappointment.

Anything could happen - City could go on a winning run, we could stumble or get injuries (or both), or lose form and confidence. But that's all if's, but's and maybe's. For now just drink it all in, savour every moment and look at how far we've come.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: October 8, 2019, 07:49:08 am »
Yes, but getting ahead of oneself has been the reason why every title challenge in those 30 years has been even more upsetting in the end. And I'm pretty sure that the anxiety among the supporters when seeing the finish line in 2014 transferred to the players, who couldn't handle the pressure of those like 25 years on their shoulders.
There's so much joy in anticipating the next game, why anticipate an almost entire season? At least for me, the prospect of potentially handing the Mancs an absolute downer is very entertaining.  8)

Last season wasn’t overly upsetting for me - we won the european cup.

Yes 2014 was crushing but given the manager of it it always would have been no matter how reserved we’d been.

I’m not suggesting we proclaim ourselves league champions in October as there’s obviously a long long way to go.

I’m just saying - we’ve won 17 games in a row, haven’t lost a league game since January, have amassed the highest lead any team has managed at this stage of the season, City have half their defence injured and were fucking brilliant - yes we might fuck it all up but we’re not managed by Kevin Keegan. It’s absolutely fine to be delighted by all of that, drink it in and see where it takes us. If it does end up without a league title then so be it - last season that happened and we won the European Cup.
« Last Edit: October 8, 2019, 07:54:01 am by Jm55 »

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: October 8, 2019, 07:50:03 am »
Hard not to get excited :)
But a 3rd heartbreak in 6 years would be tough to take. Where we are in March would be telling. Also, don't forget - our last 3 matches of the season include Arsenal and Chelsea. Even a 4-5 point lead by then can be dicey

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 8, 2019, 07:51:12 am »
I have already come to terms with our current team, even Hodgson could bring us to the league title.
:missus

Offline Fernando_Torres_Was_Good

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #119 on: October 8, 2019, 07:59:48 am »
Hilarious how Gary Neville was saying about 3 weeks ago that United would 100% win the league before Liverpool, and now he is saying that it is impossible for us not to win the league this year. Absolute cartoon of a human being, that man.