Author Topic: FA Cup draws  (Read 34269 times)

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FA Cup draws
« Reply #440 on: January 12, 2021, 11:36:09 am »
How exactly do you think they've fixed this draw?

Youd think Bill Gates had enough on his plate, with injecting chips into OAPs at the moment.

____

If fans were allowed in the ground, it would be a fiesty match. Liverpool v United in the title race, battling for trophies. Would be class, instead i reckon it will be a drab affair.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 11:38:07 am by OOS »
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #441 on: January 12, 2021, 11:37:53 am »
How many fix shouts have there been this week...if you’re counting.... Does it offend you?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: January 12, 2021, 11:48:31 am »
Man City's FA Cup opponents since 2017/18:

Burnley
Cardiff
Wigan
Rotherham
Burnley
Newport
Swansea
Brighton
Watford
Port Vale
Fulham
Sheff Wed
Newcastle
Arsenal (final)
Birmingham
Cheltenham

Nothing to see here move along now...
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #443 on: January 12, 2021, 11:52:15 am »
Shouts of fixing is the football equivalent of "its not fair!!" shouts from a 4 year old being told they're not allowed a Mars Bar.

Even more pathetic when we are reigning champions and easily one of the best, if not the best, team in the world. By all means bemoan our 'luck' with domestic cup draws, but the claims of fixing are embarrassing (of course in the internet age a section of fans from nearly every club do the same)

People should be looking forward to the chance to knock one of our most hated clubs, who we know we are better then, out of the competition. Of course it is not a gimme. It would be a pointless competition if it was. As with everything else this season, it is mainly just a massive shame that there will be no fans. I for one am excited by the prospect.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #444 on: January 12, 2021, 11:53:32 am »
How many fix shouts have there been this week...if you’re counting.... Does it offend you?

It doesn't offend me personally, I just find it amusing and embarrassing in equal measures I suppose. I'm certainly not counting, but for those who 'counted' all City's 'fixed' draws over recent reasons, that must have been quite time consuming I guess!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: January 12, 2021, 11:54:23 am »

There are loads all over the forum, the VAR thread especially - its exhausting.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #446 on: January 12, 2021, 11:54:25 am »
Both rounds are between some really important fixtures. We cannot afford any more injuries going forward if we want a chance to win the league because City are now really starting to get back to previous high levels. Play a heavily rotated side at Old Trafford.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2021, 11:54:52 am »
Shouts of fixing is the football equivalent of "its not fair!!" shouts from a 4 year old being told they're not allowed a Mars Bar.

Even more pathetic when we are reigning champions and easily one of the best, if not the best, team in the world. By all means bemoan our 'luck' with domestic cup draws, but the claims of fixing are embarrassing (of course in the internet age a section of fans from nearly every club do the same)

People should be looking forward to the chance to knock one of our most hated clubs, who we know we are better then, out of the competition. Of course it is not a gimme. It would be a pointless competition if it was. As with everything else this season, it is mainly just a massive shame that there will be no fans. I for one am excited by the prospect.

Nail meets head.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2021, 11:58:04 am »
I'd be disappointed to learn 'ar Crouchie was in on the fix and he'd allowed them (whoever them are) to teach him how to find hot and cold balls.

They must have been straight out of the freezer and microwave, hence us getting drawn early.

If anyone is following this closely they'll be interested to know that 6 balls were drawn out before our game.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2021, 11:59:14 am »
I'd be disappointed to learn 'ar Crouchie was in on the fix and he'd allowed them (whoever them are) to teach him how to find hot and cold balls.

They must have been straight out of the freezer and microwave, hence us getting drawn early.

If anyone is following this closely they'll be interested to know that 6 balls were drawn out before our game.
6 eh...

Something about that number....

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2021, 12:03:29 pm »
Not ideal at all, i think how serious United take the fixture would depend on their result against us in the League. If they lose, they may see the FA Cup as a realistic chance of a trophy.

Will be a very tough week, United - United - Spurs, the type of week this time thrives in

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2021, 12:06:21 pm »
It doesn't offend me personally, I just find it amusing and embarrassing in equal measures I suppose. I'm certainly not counting, but for those who 'counted' all City's 'fixed' draws over recent reasons, that must have been quite time consuming I guess!

Imagine if I started doing that with you. I could come up with something witty or biting, like you’re a bit.....but I don’t, cos I’m a professional.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: January 12, 2021, 12:15:34 pm »
A chance to beat the Manc's in their own backyard in the cup. This opportunity comes around once every 20 years, I'm well up for it and hope we put out our strongest team.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: January 12, 2021, 12:28:38 pm »

Honestly....why would you find something written on a forum exhausting? We’ve been battered this season, absolutely battered. What could possibly have gone against us has done. Why do people get so ‘embarrassed’ or whatever about people potentially venting or whatever? I’m sure there isn’t a fix in the cup draws, it’s just fucking annoying to see us constantly getting tough ties and other notable teams constantly getting easy ones. As for refereeing and VAR....different subject but it’s clearly dodgy as fuck this season. There’s been decisions made STILL with no explanation and nothing for officials to hide behind. The best ref in the league has just come out and said ‘oh yeah I should have sent Pickford off’ in the derby and STILL no explanation of how that was allowed to happen or any repercussions.

Just let people fire off if they want
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 12:34:29 pm by fucking appalled »

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: January 12, 2021, 01:58:11 pm »
A chance to beat the Manc's in their own backyard in the cup. This opportunity comes around once every 20 years, I'm well up for it and hope we put out our strongest team.

Same. Shame there is no fans, nothing tops emptying thier gaffe in 2009. Love to do that again.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #455 on: January 12, 2021, 02:01:44 pm »
If it is fixed then I am delighted! An exciting fixture and opportunity to spank them twice in quick succession! Shame there won't be any fans :(
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #456 on: January 12, 2021, 02:17:47 pm »
Same. Shame there is no fans, nothing tops emptying thier gaffe in 2009. Love to do that again.
We did in 2014 haha, but another win there is overdue.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #457 on: January 12, 2021, 02:31:40 pm »

is it really exhausting?

Offline Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #458 on: January 12, 2021, 02:33:36 pm »
Not a fix, unless there are a lot of previously gobby people keeping quiet, but I'd rather be playing some League 1 side than United. I might be a wool but that's how I am at this stage.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: January 12, 2021, 02:38:01 pm »
Honestly....why would you find something written on a forum exhausting? We’ve been battered this season, absolutely battered. What could possibly have gone against us has done. Why do people get so ‘embarrassed’ or whatever about people potentially venting or whatever? I’m sure there isn’t a fix in the cup draws, it’s just fucking annoying to see us constantly getting tough ties and other notable teams constantly getting easy ones. As for refereeing and VAR....different subject but it’s clearly dodgy as fuck this season. There’s been decisions made STILL with no explanation and nothing for officials to hide behind. The best ref in the league has just come out and said ‘oh yeah I should have sent Pickford off’ in the derby and STILL no explanation of how that was allowed to happen or any repercussions.

Just let people fire off if they want

And now we've just been given a referee from Salford for a potentially vital game against Man United. A referee that gives Man United a penalty in half the games he refs them. What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure he will referee the game fairly and objectively though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #460 on: January 12, 2021, 02:45:30 pm »
chiming in
mad the draws we've had the last few seasons in the domestic cups...and City's easy ones equally so  :o

is what it is. i don't think klopp will differ much from the team he would have put out if it were cheltenham at home or united away so just hope we beat them.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #461 on: January 12, 2021, 03:50:21 pm »
An FA cup trophy win would do us all good, I still want to win it every season. I was hoping the extra squad depth would allow us to try for real to win it. More incentive now, can't be losing to Man u. Been awhile since the last one.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #462 on: January 12, 2021, 06:09:14 pm »
how did the recount go?
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: January 12, 2021, 07:06:53 pm »
And now we've just been given a referee from Salford for a potentially vital game against Man United. A referee that gives Man United a penalty in half the games he refs them. What could possibly go wrong? I'm sure he will referee the game fairly and objectively though.

Someone must have edited his Wiki page as it says he is a lifelong Liverpool supporter ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: January 12, 2021, 08:42:26 pm »
Fuck me, it’s like Parler in here you daft twats.

Wibble, and all that.

#stopthesteal

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: January 12, 2021, 08:51:00 pm »
Shooo

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #466 on: January 13, 2021, 11:31:12 am »
Someone must have edited his Wiki page as it says he is a lifelong Liverpool supporter ;D
I'll bite. No mention of Liverpool FC on his wiki page. If he did "come out" as a Liverpool fan he would never referee a top game again(which is why Anthony Taylor maintains that he supports Altrincham)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #467 on: January 13, 2021, 03:10:20 pm »
A full winning FA cup run of 6 games would net us £3,391,500 (not including TV money and gate receipts (£0 anyway))

Just being in the group stage of the champions league (without even kicking the ball) is €15,250,000. Our run so far this season has got us €36,450,000. That's not even adding the TV money

Why the fuck would I want to win the cup that helps the FA pay for the shithole Wembley stadium.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #468 on: January 13, 2021, 07:24:15 pm »
I'll bite. No mention of Liverpool FC on his wiki page. If he did "come out" as a Liverpool fan he would never referee a top game again(which is why Anthony Taylor maintains that he supports Altrincham)

And... to be fair to Tony the loss of income from not being allowed to referee Altrincham games must be astronomical.

Respect.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: January 13, 2021, 09:28:21 pm »
A full winning FA cup run of 6 games would net us £3,391,500 (not including TV money and gate receipts (£0 anyway))

Just being in the group stage of the champions league (without even kicking the ball) is €15,250,000. Our run so far this season has got us €36,450,000. That's not even adding the TV money

Why the fuck would I want to win the cup that helps the FA pay for the shithole Wembley stadium.

Because it is a trophy that we haven't won for 15 years.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: January 14, 2021, 04:17:53 am »

We're football fans. Not accountants.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #471 on: January 14, 2021, 04:25:24 am »
Its the Football Association Cup.

That's THE Trophy. The very first one.

You want it and you want it bad. Fierce. Especially if you are a football player for that matter. But pretty bad as a fan also. You just want it. Its Mother.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #472 on: January 14, 2021, 04:34:14 am »
Yet, one can always read the title as the "fuckup draws". Because they are just that.

Sure it'd be nice to win the FA Cup, but it's not defining or even influencing history as it once was. I feel that this is like a game of online poker - first hand in a tournament and 5-6 people on the table go "all in". because of the draw, one wins, and that one is set for a good amount of time if playing smartly. but when you get 17 out of 23 draws pairing you with PL teams when the second closest can't even compare, it beggars belief. So, whatever. Win it, and I'd be happy, lose and I won't lose any sleep.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #473 on: January 14, 2021, 08:08:18 am »

That´s a pretty depressing way to look at things. Whats wrong with winning the trophy for winnings sake? If you are aspiring to be the best, you should be wanting to win everything there is.

And despite it not carrying the same prestige it once did, you can be damn sure our players want to win it as well.

Even in the modern game, winning the oldest football competition on earth, with an amazing history, should still mean something.

When we won the Super Cup and the Club World Cup, or even the League Cup in 2012, I wasn´t off checking what that meant for clubs books!!

Offline kb2x

• Kopite
  • The Mystery Continues....
« Reply #474 on: January 14, 2021, 01:03:54 pm »
any date for the united game yet?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: January 14, 2021, 05:17:07 pm »
We're on the Beeb for the manc cup game.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #476 on: January 14, 2021, 06:23:53 pm »
One bonus is spurs fa cup on the monday giving them less prep time for us on the Thursday