Author Topic: Tibet protest v LFC doing deal with Chinese Water Company (*)  (Read 13047 times)

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
Re: Tibet protest
« Reply #40 on: October 6, 2017, 03:14:42 am »
Some dim witted posters on here, Tibet was invaded by China and thousands were killed, no fucking excuses.

Free Tibet !

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 6, 2017, 03:58:22 am »
https://actions.sumofus.org/a/tell-liverpool-fc-to-drop-its-sponsorship-deal-with-tibet-water

If anyone would like to sign
Cheers man, signed it, and put something on fb.

I wrote something, but deleted it.
Simpler to say sometimes I wish I'd never heard of football.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: October 6, 2017, 04:53:43 am »
I like Chinese people but I don't like the rampant and seemingly unchecked totalitarianism of China, this was one deal that should have been left well alone.

Offline sikingthegreat1

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: October 6, 2017, 05:05:34 am »
https://actions.sumofus.org/a/tell-liverpool-fc-to-drop-its-sponsorship-deal-with-tibet-water

If anyone would like to sign
signed, thanks a lot.

as someone who is born and bred in hong kong, it really made me feel, seeing the situation on tibet. it's also interesting to see that more than half of you here recognised the soft imperialism of china, yet for those living here, only the younger generation is starting to see this while the elder generations are still turning a blind eye to all this, at the same time aspiring to build more links and closer connections with china....

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #44 on: October 6, 2017, 05:53:22 am »
No, just the South China sea.

Tibet belongs to China, don't see any problem here.
They claim Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh as part of Tibet. And Pakistan has gifted them a portion of POK some decades back. Even if the world gifts them the South China Sea, they wouldn't be satisfied.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #45 on: October 6, 2017, 07:35:21 am »
Signed.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline mozzaa80

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: October 6, 2017, 09:15:52 am »
Signed. Hopefully get a few more people on board before the end of the day!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 6, 2017, 09:23:59 am »
Signed.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 6, 2017, 11:59:09 am »
Signed and shared.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #49 on: October 6, 2017, 12:01:21 pm »
Signed

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 6, 2017, 12:03:08 pm »
CNN have picked up this story now too.

Top football team Liverpool slammed over Chinese sponsorship deal http://cnn.it/2yLFU2q

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #51 on: October 6, 2017, 12:03:08 pm »
signed.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 6, 2017, 12:07:42 pm »
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #53 on: October 7, 2017, 08:19:48 pm »
Dim some witted posters on here, Tibet was invaded by China and thousands were killed, no fucking excuses.

Free Tibet !

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 7, 2017, 10:05:25 pm »
Signed. Thanks.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 7, 2017, 10:57:39 pm »
Some dim witted posters on here, Tibet was invaded by China and thousands were killed, no fucking excuses.

Free Tibet !

this

signed.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 8, 2017, 03:02:23 pm »
Signed just to annoy flinstone

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #57 on: October 8, 2017, 03:39:37 pm »
Signed - disgrace from the club in all honesty
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #58 on: October 8, 2017, 05:47:19 pm »
Signed.

Offline KopThat

• Legacy Fan
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #59 on: October 9, 2017, 03:23:55 am »
I emailed the club expressing my disappointment and linked the petition

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
Tibet water sponsors Lfc: Interested to hear views on this
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2017, 12:28:16 pm »
https://actions.sumofus.org/a/tell-liverpool-fc-to-drop-its-sponsorship-deal-with-tibet-water/?akid=35705.2736829.rzW-UW&rd=1&source=fwd&t=2

Tibet Water Resources Limited (TWRL) exploits the natural resources of Tibet with the help of the Chinese military occupation. So why has Liverpool FC signed a sponsorship deal with the company?

TWRL is only able to take resources from Tibet because the brutal Chinese military occupation allows it to -- it owes its profits to the repression, torture and denial of political freedoms that have become commonplace there.

In turn, its brand -- and now Liverpool FC -- lend legitimacy to the occupation, creating a cycle of violence and repression.

Tell Liverpool FC to drop its sponsorship deal with Tibet Water -- now.

Political repression isn’t even the only reason that TWRL doesn't make a good partner for an institution like Liverpool FC -- there are serious environmental problems, too.

Bottling water from Tibetan glaciers exacerbates the existing threat to Tibet’s resources already posed by climate change and pollution -- making an already bad situation even worse.

The Chinese government knows it can only continue to get away with repression in Tibet if its occupation has legitimacy. And associating Tibet with major global brands like Liverpool FC is a great way to normalise the brutal situation.

Premier League clubs have never been richer, with Liverpool receiving over £148m from TV and prize money last year. The club has also just returned to the Champions League, earning them tens of millions more -- they can easily afford to drop this reckless deal.

Tibetans have been protesting the move already, handing out leaflets at Liverpool’s opening day Premier League fixture. Now they need our help -- sign the petition to let Liverpool FC know that they can’t support the military occupation and exploitation of Tibet’s resources.

Liverpool FC -- stand up for Tibetans and cancel the deal with Tibet Water Resources Limited.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2017, 04:58:13 pm »
In the U.K. Tibet should have been an obvious red flag.
This. Anyone who has the slightest piece of information about what's been happening there should point their moral compass appropriately, rather than issuing glib soundbites. Kinell. No, not all companies associated with our club (past or present) have been squeaky clean - Candy doubtlessly contributed to the increase in the ozone layer with CFCs from fridges and the like, and SHARP aren't exactly eco-friendly in their product range with the problems that mass-consumerism of household and office products profligate, but Tibet is one of the reddest red flags around for the congnoscenti - the rest should probably read a bit more - as should the club's commercial arm have done.

PS - annexation of Norn Iron, as contentious a subject as it is, should be discussed in the appropriate place - got something to say about that, say it there. Got something to say about Tibet and China, say it here.

Offline timdaw

• Main Stander
    • Tim Daw Photography
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2017, 05:32:07 pm »
Petition signed and I sent a letter to the club as well. I think a ton of letters would really help, the more noise the better!

How embarrassing for our club to be associated with the destruction and occupation of Tibet. Fucks sake.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tibet protest v LFC doing deal with Chinese Water Company (*)
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2017, 05:54:08 pm »
This is now a starred topic so the trolls can get to fuck - as can the ignorant.

Debate, fine. Reactionary fucking bollocks by the clickbait generation, not fine.

Don't like it, fuck off to Reddit. Ta.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 9, 2018, 06:01:51 pm »
You do know that most of our sponsors probably aren't squeaky clean, right? Not that I'm opposed to these protests, the company are obviously an immoral, corrupt lot, but this isn't new in football, sport or any business in general.

Oh, that's OK then 🙄

Petition for those who are interested https://actions.sumofus.org/a/tell-liverpool-fc-to-drop-its-sponsorship-deal-with-tibet-water?sp_ref=376179232.99.183589.e.0.2&referring_akid=38242.14250204.yhMOSj&source=mlt

Independent article http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-fc-tibeta-water-sponsorship-deal-unethical-drop-petition-thousands-signatures-china-a7997116.html
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 9, 2018, 06:15:17 pm »
Oh, that's OK then 🙄

You're missing my point, I was responding to the first few posts where people almost seemed surprised that a large business would have dirt on its hands.

Anyway, I've signed the petition, hopefully it succeeds.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 9, 2018, 06:17:29 pm »
You're missing my point, I was responding to the first few posts where people almost seemed surprised that a large business would have dirt on its hands.

Anyway, I've signed the petition, hopefully it succeeds.

Good stuff, hopefully it will.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline jeremyh94

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: January 9, 2018, 11:35:16 pm »
signed

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #69 on: January 10, 2018, 01:09:01 am »
Signed. Sign it and share !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2018, 11:46:53 pm »
So from the sounds of that it was just a one year deal which expired, that’s all

Offline KopThat

• Legacy Fan
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2018, 12:22:20 am »
I think the protests helped and everyone saves face by saying it was never going to be renewed

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2018, 01:06:38 am »
I think the protests helped and everyone saves face by saying it was never going to be renewed
fair point