Author Topic: Holiday 2019  (Read 33626 times)

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
Re: Holiday 2019
« Reply #320 on: September 10, 2019, 12:00:44 pm »
I've been through the Sahara in Tunisia, was a decent couple of days, saw the salt lakes, where they filmed Star Wars, and of course mirages and sand dunes galore.

Yep was also going to mention Tunisia, found it a strange enough place though not sure id go back
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: September 10, 2019, 06:21:58 pm »
You've got me thinking about ...

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2019, 10:57:14 pm »
Palmanova in a few days. Can’t wait.
First holiday with the baby, she’s 6 months old.
Hopefully it’s no hassle.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #323 on: September 14, 2019, 09:29:57 am »
Don't go to Bulgaria lads :lmao it's garbage.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2019, 10:31:23 am »

That bad?

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: September 15, 2019, 01:21:34 pm »
Any reason why?
It comes up as the cheapest by far on every holiday operators website that I knew it wouldn't be popular with English.

I had it pegged in the same category as Tunisia. Go for a week or two, stay in the resort and enjoy the sun, food and beer in the all inclusive.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2019, 12:31:14 am »
Once got a flight to Bulgaria for £5 on Wizz Air. That's five of your English pounds.

It's not a bad place, quite rural and old world when you're out of town. Swear I saw a haywagon straight out of a Constable painting
« Last Edit: September 16, 2019, 01:28:51 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: September 16, 2019, 01:26:36 am »
Once got a flight to Bulgaria for £5 on Whiz Air. That's five of your English pounds.

It's not a bad place, quite rural and old world when you're out of town. Swear I saw a haywagon straight out of a Constable painting

I know exactly what you mean about mainland Bulgaria

We went to watch Ludogrets v LFC a few years back.  Flew into Plovdiv on the cheap and took the train cross-country to Sofia.  Train was a proper old school throwback to the commie days.  The landscape was often bleak and very rural.  At the time I remember looking out of the train window and thinking you could probably kill your neighbour and no lawman would ever come looking for you.  You'd probably just get counter-killed by an angry relative.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #328 on: September 18, 2019, 07:04:36 pm »
Any reason why?
It comes up as the cheapest by far on every holiday operators website that I knew it wouldn't be popular with English.

I had it pegged in the same category as Tunisia. Go for a week or two, stay in the resort and enjoy the sun, food and beer in the all inclusive.

I suppose maybe I was hasty there. We did go to Sunny Beach which is the Eastern Europe version of Benidorm.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: September 19, 2019, 11:45:47 am »
Palmanova in a few days. Can’t wait.
First holiday with the baby, she’s 6 months old.
Hopefully it’s no hassle.
Just spent a week there with all the family including my 7 month old grandson, it was fine, can be a bit hilly (putting it mildly) but it was his dad doing most of the pram work. Haven't been to Majorca for 10+ years and was surprised how cheap it was. We were all inclusive but when I walking around you can get a pint for 1.70 euros or so. Enjoyed it.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: October 8, 2019, 10:19:01 pm »
Can anyone recommend a good transfer service to Manchester airport from Liverpool for two adults, one child? Reasonably priced too..

Cheers.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: October 10, 2019, 04:24:38 pm »
Booked a 2 plus week trip to Fiji with a few mates for next January but seriously had to reconsider it after seeing the travel there alone is about 30 hours. Longest I have ever traveled I think excluding the time I missed a flight (was flying standby) and spent an extra day in the airport. Looks gorgeous there as will island hop a little and will even have more fun once I learn to swim properly lol its a snorkeling paradise and I nearly drowned myself the last time I tried. May just stick with the hammock :)
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2019, 08:22:47 pm »
Our last night in Northumberland and we've had a fantastic week.  Lots of fresh air, fabulous beaches and the weather's been glorious.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: October 12, 2019, 09:28:36 pm »
Just got back from Antalya. Lovely place but all British at the airport said the same thing - Russians and Germans are rude c*nts. Also some Turkish shopkeepers are very sly and will try lots of tricks to get money out of you. If I did go back I'd stay at a resort, much more relaxed. Personally think Oludeniz is way better and more beautiful.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: October 19, 2019, 06:02:21 am »
In a stunning resort in Dubai, away from the tacky city bit at Jebel Ali palm, place is gorgeous, staff are all Sri Lankan Thai or African, all lovely, weather is fantastic and it is doing my depression a world of difference.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: October 19, 2019, 01:02:23 pm »
In a stunning resort in Dubai, away from the tacky city bit at Jebel Ali palm, place is gorgeous, staff are all Sri Lankan Thai or African, all lovely, weather is fantastic and it is doing my depression a world of difference.

Sounds great that mate glad your enjoying it.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #336 on: October 19, 2019, 05:04:38 pm »
Just got back from Antalya. Lovely place but all British at the airport said the same thing - Russians and Germans are rude c*nts. Also some Turkish shopkeepers are very sly and will try lots of tricks to get money out of you. If I did go back I'd stay at a resort, much more relaxed. Personally think Oludeniz is way better and more beautiful.

I've come across Russians in Cuba and they were indeed generally really rude and cold. On the other hand, everywhere I've been the Germans have been fantastic. Sardinia this September was mostly German tourists and, again, they were superb. Beautifully mannered, friendly and cultured. We had a group of around eight German girls staying in our hotel and they were lovely. In sharp contrast to the way gangs of English girls act abroad. The tourists we like to avoid abroad the most are the English and Americans. We've encountered Americans in Iceland, Mexico, Cozumel and Barbados and they have always been absolutely horrific. Mind you, this year was my first time on Italian soil and I was concerned beforehand. We had previously stayed on the Spanish island of Formentera, and although it is just south of Ibiza it is a place mostly populated by Italian tourists. So much so, that the locals in the tourist industry tend to speak Spanish and Italian whereas in Ibiza it will be Spanish and English. Anyway, the Italians in Formentera were horrendous. Loud, very rude and laughably pretentious. Thankfully, the Sardinians were absolutely wonderful and nothing like their mainland cousins.

Regarding Turkey, I'm with you on Olu deniz. We loved it there and it's beautiful. Like with any tourist place though, you need to be aware of people trying to get extra money out of you. I remember looking for a big Turkish flag in Olu Deniz but could only find small ones. This local seller said he could get me one but was looking for the equivalent of around £70 for one. I politely declined. A day or so later we got the bus to Fethiye and I came across a shop that sells boating equipment and, of course, they stocked flags. I bought a massive Turkish one for around £17 Sterling. That night back in Olu Deniz we came across the guy who was going to get one for me and I told him I'd manage to get one in Fethiye. He asked how much for, and when I told him his face was a picture.  :-[  He clearly realised we'd clocked as as trying to scam us. He said no more. Many people in tourist spots across the world just see tourists as walking wallets.

Anyway, the picture below is our snorkelling spot in Sardinia in september.  8)

« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 05:07:57 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: October 19, 2019, 05:53:52 pm »
That first photo is stunning, mind if I use it as a wallpaper? I mean, just look at that water.

And yeah it's a shame that people abroad think we're all made of money. We're just out there to enjoy a nice break away from it all, not spend a fortune on fake t-shirts and watered down perfumes.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #338 on: October 19, 2019, 06:07:50 pm »
That first photo is stunning, mind if I use it as a wallpaper? I mean, just look at that water.

And yeah it's a shame that people abroad think we're all made of money. We're just out there to enjoy a nice break away from it all, not spend a fortune on fake t-shirts and watered down perfumes.

Of course you can. If it's suitable, use it.  :thumbup

The water was beautiful. High 70s in temperature and very clear. I was snorkelling around those rocks and a Cormorant was swimming underwater and fishing. It was amazing to watch. I tried to get him on film with a Go-Pro type camera but he was too fast.

When talking of fake stuff, Turkey is awash with it, isn't it. Some of the shops just take the piss with their names too. I saw a Marks & spender as well as a Jimmy Shoe.  ;D

I remember in the 80s my cousin did the Transalpino thing and went all around Europe and beyond. When in Turkey he bought a load of fake Rolex watches, but by the time he got back to Liverpool he only had a couple left because he had to use the rest to bribe dodgy border guards and police along the way.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #339 on: October 21, 2019, 12:55:47 pm »
Going to Amsterdam next month, haven't been before, Can anyone recommend a good hotel?

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: October 21, 2019, 01:51:57 pm »
I've stayed at Th Rho hotel a few times and thought it was sound but last time was yonks ago. Its walking distance from the train station (from the airport), just off Dam Square and not far from the red light district, if that's your thing.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: October 21, 2019, 07:34:38 pm »
Just spent a week there with all the family including my 7 month old grandson, it was fine, can be a bit hilly (putting it mildly) but it was his dad doing most of the pram work. Haven't been to Majorca for 10+ years and was surprised how cheap it was. We were all inclusive but when I walking around you can get a pint for 1.70 euros or so. Enjoyed it.

We stayed in the Aluasun Torrenova which is up the hill. We will go to Palmanova next year but will avoid the hill this time. The hotel was great but that hill was a killer after a day at the beach or a few pints watching Liverpool near the beach.

My mum and dad got back the 19th and funnily enough enjoyed it. Dubai doesn't do anything for me though other than the weather. They want to go back in 6 months time.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: October 21, 2019, 09:41:09 pm »
I've stayed at Th Rho hotel a few times and thought it was sound but last time was yonks ago. Its walking distance from the train station (from the airport), just off Dam Square and not far from the red light district, if that's your thing.
I've only been to Amsterdam once and we also stayed at the Rho Hotel. A doddle to get to. We got the train from the airport to the city centre then walked straight up to Dam Square. The Rho is just off the square. We liked the location and the hotel was fine. That was about five or so years ago though.

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2019, 08:17:03 pm »

I've only been to Amsterdam once and we also stayed at the Rho Hotel. A doddle to get to. We got the train from the airport to the city centre then walked straight up to Dam Square. The Rho is just off the square. We liked the location and the hotel was fine. That was about five or so years ago though.

Cheers, will have a look at that hotel! and no red light district won't be my thing, I'm going with the missus, unless she fancies it of course hahahah

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2019, 10:59:27 pm »
Cheers, will have a look at that hotel! and no red light district won't be my thing, I'm going with the missus, unless she fancies it of course hahahah

The Rho is outside of the Red Light area. Close enough if that's your thing, but far enough away if it's not. We just needed a decent hotel as a base, and it was fine for us in that regard.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #345 on: October 23, 2019, 03:01:05 pm »

I've found the resorts on Lara Beach to be great.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: October 24, 2019, 10:42:58 am »
We stayed in the Aluasun Torrenova which is up the hill. We will go to Palmanova next year but will avoid the hill this time. The hotel was great but that hill was a killer after a day at the beach or a few pints watching Liverpool near the beach.
My mum and dad got back the 19th and funnily enough enjoyed it. Dubai doesn't do anything for me though other than the weather. They want to go back in 6 months time.

Sat in the airport, never known a week go so quick. Downtown Dubai is ugly, does nothing for me, we were 65kms out, other side of the port on a huge resort. We had peacocks, foxes, all other birds, tons of fish in the sea, 800 m private beach, free kayaking, flew a desert eagle owl, held a falcon.Place was utterly fantastic, spent the week chatting to lovely fellas from Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, Turkey and India, took the kids out on a jet boat, went pistol shooting, ate in a Michelin starred Indian, had the most amazing Thai/Chinese fusion meal last weekend, place was just paradise
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: October 24, 2019, 11:24:40 am »
I've stayed at the Atlantis in Dubai. Brilliant place. Staff were excellent. Ate at at.mosphere in the Burj. It was a great experience.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #348 on: October 24, 2019, 11:24:41 am »

Agreed, we stayed here. Excellent service, decent food and a lovely beach.  no heated pools though so at the end of October the temp is around 25-30 but the pools are a bit too cold.

https://www.limakhotels.com/en/limak-lara-deluxe-hotel-resort/

There was also a lot of shops with knock off goods on the strip outside.  Got about 6 polo shirts such a Boss, Hilfiger etc and they worked out at £6 - the quality of the shirt is excellent even though the stitching probably wouldn't stand up to close scrutiny but a few people have thought they were genuine.  Be prepared to haggle.  I got into a bit of an argument with a Leather Jacket shop owner on the haggling side of things.  All good fun

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #349 on: October 24, 2019, 11:29:05 am »
I've stayed at the Atlantis in Dubai. Brilliant place. Staff were excellent.

Yup, stayed here too. We’d go back tomorrow without question.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: October 24, 2019, 12:13:24 pm »
Yup, stayed here too. We’d go back tomorrow without question.
Same. Dubai has it's critics but just for rest and relaxation and a hot climate and excellent service it provided all of that.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #351 on: October 25, 2019, 06:35:45 am »
Sat in the airport, never known a week go so quick. Downtown Dubai is ugly, does nothing for me, we were 65kms out, other side of the port on a huge resort. We had peacocks, foxes, all other birds, tons of fish in the sea, 800 m private beach, free kayaking, flew a desert eagle owl, held a falcon.Place was utterly fantastic, spent the week chatting to lovely fellas from Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, Turkey and India, took the kids out on a jet boat, went pistol shooting, ate in a Michelin starred Indian, had the most amazing Thai/Chinese fusion meal last weekend, place was just paradise
Where exactly were you mate? That sounds like just what I need
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: October 25, 2019, 07:57:24 am »
Where exactly were you mate? That sounds like just what I need

JA Palm Tree Court - the prices have gone a bit eye watering, missus got it for us, including flights, for £4500. Flew with Emirates on the A380, been a dream of the kids for years to fly on one, we sat in the upstairs economy on the flight out.

https://www.jaresortshotels.com/dubai/ja-the-resort/ja-palm-tree-court

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #353 on: October 25, 2019, 11:40:18 am »
That looks a stunning spot Rob

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: October 25, 2019, 01:10:35 pm »
That looks a stunning spot Rob

It was, not bad for a scruffy twat who grew up on Knob Hill surrounded by sock robbers. ;)

My missus gets all her work done dead quick, then runs out of things to do, so surfs the net looking for stupid bargains and has a habit of finding them.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: October 25, 2019, 01:21:52 pm »

Had a quick look last night, looks good. Hotels not the cheapest but I guess it's a resort so to be expected. Might try Lara or Belek next time. I see Sharm el Sheikh is reinstated as well now.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: October 25, 2019, 01:44:17 pm »
I wondered where you'd got to.  :)

Sounds like you had a great time, Rob.  8)

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: October 25, 2019, 02:06:07 pm »
I wondered where you'd got to.  :)

Sounds like you had a great time, Rob.  8)

I was having too much fun to gawp at a tablet/phone all day. I did my Spanish lesson every day, posted a few pics on FB and generally had a ball, tried to get a tan - managed it eventually.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #358 on: October 25, 2019, 02:12:47 pm »
It was, not bad for a scruffy twat who grew up on Knob Hill surrounded by sock robbers. ;)

My missus gets all her work done dead quick, then runs out of things to do, so surfs the net looking for stupid bargains and has a habit of finding them.

I'm on Tinder if she delves into the darkest corners

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: October 25, 2019, 02:14:58 pm »
I'm on Tinder if she delves into the darkest corners

Same user name?