Author Topic: Holiday 2019  (Read 33750 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holiday 2019
« Reply #240 on: June 14, 2019, 12:00:19 pm »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline lfc1

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: June 14, 2019, 01:43:54 pm »
Can anyone give me an idea if it's worth going on a holiday to Marseille? If not is it worth getting the 2 hour train to Cannes or a little bit further to Nice instead?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2019, 07:27:53 pm »
Just under 6 weeks until Cancun.

I really should start that beach body diet, our title/CL run in saw me drink a lot of beer  ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2019, 11:39:23 pm »

I really should start that beach body diet, our title/CL run in saw me drink a lot of beer  ;D
Don't forget to pop into the Liverpool Department Store in Cancun.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g150807-d2023113-i232451346-Plaza_Las_Americas-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I remember travelling from Cancun down to get the ferry to Cozumel and seeing a massive Liverpool store just off the main highway.  :D

I'm the same with needing to work on the beach body, but we aren't going away until September so I have a bit more time to do it in. 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:42:01 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2019, 01:30:30 am »

Good idea. Your six pack abs will stop the bullets. :-X

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/17/cancun-shooting-five-people-gunned-down-in-mexicos-tourist-hotspot

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/08/23/8-bodies-found-cancun-mexico-prompting-travel-warning/1071436002/

All kidding aside, stay on your resort. Don't wander off-site. We want you back on RAWK in one piece. :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2019, 09:04:35 am »
Don't forget to pop into the Liverpool Department Store in Cancun.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDirectLink-g150807-d2023113-i232451346-Plaza_Las_Americas-Cancun_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

I remember travelling from Cancun down to get the ferry to Cozumel and seeing a massive Liverpool store just off the main highway.  :D

I'm the same with needing to work on the beach body, but we aren't going away until September so I have a bit more time to do it in. 

I've already got my beach body - sadly its a beached whale  :(

Next away in October, so setting myself a target of being in decent shape by then.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #246 on: June 26, 2019, 05:01:07 pm »
Got to see the Calcio Storico in Firenze.. was in the Curva Rossa

Naturally they won it. Whole day and night was brilliant
YNWA

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #247 on: June 26, 2019, 05:06:31 pm »
Got to see the Calcio Storico in Firenze.. was in the Curva Rossa

Naturally they won it. Whole day and night was brilliant
Ah Firenze...and how is she?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #248 on: June 26, 2019, 05:10:23 pm »
Ah she's grand..
YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #249 on: June 28, 2019, 01:41:14 pm »
More for 2020, but it's a general question.

Has anyone taken their dog on holiday to France? We're pondering a villa/house down the Atlantic coast (Loire Atlantique/Vendee/Charente Maritime), driving there and taking a ferry (some have cabins you can keep your dog in!) but wondering if it'd be worth it. I know a bit about doggy passports, etc through friends who've taken theirs to their place in Spain, but I've also heard almost all the beaches in France have strictly-enforced dog bans.

Does anyone have any experience of doing something like this?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: June 28, 2019, 01:54:53 pm »
You'll have to get a Blue passport for the dog

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: August 1, 2019, 08:02:55 pm »
Booked a few days in Paris for the first week of September.  Looking forward to going to the Louvre.  8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: August 2, 2019, 11:13:14 am »
I'm all done for the year unless I can sneak in a LFC CL away somewhere. Depends on what the draw throws up.  Very jealous of people who have not had their summer hols yet.

Is the 2020 Holiday thread up yet? :)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: August 2, 2019, 11:19:00 am »
Got one more for October to do, then we've got an all inclusive in Tenerife in February. We are looking at a few places for June, but waiting for the clusterfuck of Halloween to see what happens to the holiday market.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: August 2, 2019, 11:49:15 am »
NYC in October then I'm done until next year.

Feel like I need a pool holiday asap though haha!

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #255 on: August 2, 2019, 02:10:49 pm »
Off to Portugal tomorrow AM, first time abroad in a good few years - hoping the boys (6 and 3) are good while travelling :lmao

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: August 2, 2019, 03:54:18 pm »
Off to Portugal tomorrow AM, first time abroad in a good few years - hoping the boys (6 and 3) are good while travelling :lmao

Take loads of things to keep them entertained on the plane :thumbup

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: August 2, 2019, 05:00:47 pm »
23 more sleeps until we head to Oludeniz, its gonna drag big time.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: August 2, 2019, 07:51:38 pm »
Going to amsterdam for a few days at the end of August. Aside from the obvious stuff (anne frank museum etc and the cafe's) anything else worth doing that might otherwise get overlooked?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #259 on: August 2, 2019, 10:40:59 pm »
Going to amsterdam for a few days at the end of August. Aside from the obvious stuff (anne frank museum etc and the cafe's) anything else worth doing that might otherwise get overlooked?

The zoo is quite good..!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: August 2, 2019, 11:10:49 pm »

I used to work there a lot over 2 or 3 years mate its a cracking city, you couldn't pick a better time, summer time is amazing there. Head into the Vondelpark in the evenings, theres always some kind of music or entertainment going on, usually free too. Dam square is the centre but for me the Leidseplein area was far better if you want a few pints or sit for a coffee or whatever outside. Street entertainers non stop, good few bars all beside one another, The Hoopman was my favourite. Stacks of restaurants in the street opposite too. If you like your steak, there a Uruguayan Steak House, Alberto's if I remember right - incredible. Or Gaucho's just opposite.
There's a Brazilian bar just off it too, cant mind the name but I wound up in there one night with my Liverpool top on and had one of my best nights there  :)
The Heineken Museum is worth going to too. I'd recommend to try the Vlammetjes to eat for a snack usually sold on bar menu's - absolutely beautiful, but hot.
There's load of the boat cruises going on too and they're pretty cheap, good way to see around.
Depending on who you're going with theres a lot to do, if you taking kids you're not too far from Dunreill you can get a day pass, with a lady, or male, friend, see the above, or with the lads......well one colour comes to mind  :D

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: August 2, 2019, 11:53:41 pm »

Nice one mate. I'm going with the missus but I'll try and fit as much in as I can! We arent too far from vondel park I think, just the other side of the river. I'll check out the Leidseplein area

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #262 on: August 5, 2019, 04:07:33 pm »

I`m looking to rent a villa (in Spain), the owners have asked me to provide an NIE number for the contract they want to draw up. They say this will give me added security. I`ve had a look around and it generally relates to doing business, buying property or setting up a bank account, not a short term holiday let. Has anyone else experienced this?

I was going to let the property through a letting website, but the owners suggested working directly for a significant discount. It just doesnt feel right to me.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #263 on: August 5, 2019, 04:17:19 pm »
Off to Kos next tuesday with the wife and my 14yr old lad,that'll be the last one of the year for me i think .....................
unless i can slip in a little euro city break around october time!!  ;)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: August 5, 2019, 04:20:44 pm »
I`m looking to rent a villa (in Spain), the owners have asked me to provide an NIE number for the contract they want to draw up. They say this will give me added security. I`ve had a look around and it generally relates to doing business, buying property or setting up a bank account, not a short term holiday let. Has anyone else experienced this?

I was going to let the property through a letting website, but the owners suggested working directly for a significant discount. It just doesnt feel right to me.

I am a chartered tax advisor and have come across NIEs/NIFs through work.

I would not apply for one unless it is absolutely necessary. Given that you are not planning on earning any income, it seems wholly unnecessary.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #265 on: August 6, 2019, 08:35:57 am »
I am a chartered tax advisor and have come across NIEs/NIFs through work.

I would not apply for one unless it is absolutely necessary. Given that you are not planning on earning any income, it seems wholly unnecessary.

Brilliant, thanks. The whole thing just seems off to me. Pity, as we loved the property/location.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: August 6, 2019, 03:59:28 pm »
Got back from Playa Del Carmen, Mexico on Friday. Thoroughly set in the post holiday blues now.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2019, 09:03:59 pm »
Take loads of things to keep them entertained on the plane :thumbup

:thumbup we did, they were fine. My missus didn’t enjoy the turbulence! Would recommend the place we stayed in to any families looking for an awesome, lazy, all inclusive break. Jupiter Albufeira, we are booking again for 10 days next year - only way to get past the post holiday blues.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2019, 09:19:05 pm »
Got back from Playa Del Carmen, Mexico on Friday. Thoroughly set in the post holiday blues now.

Was there (well, just south between there and Tulum) from 23rd until 6th Aug.

Where did you stay?

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2019, 09:41:14 pm »
Torn between Budapest and Hvar for a mini 4-5 day break in October. Any recommendations? Granted they’re slightly different holidays in terms of what to do / see etc!
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2019, 01:02:04 pm »
Torn between Budapest and Hvar for a mini 4-5 day break in October. Any recommendations? Granted they’re slightly different holidays in terms of what to do / see etc!

Budapest is great. Loads of interesting things to see and do. Doesn't cost the earth either.

I am going to The Hague in a few weeks. I have been to Amsterdam a fair few times now so nothing I really need to see there, but wondered if there is anything interesting in The Hague which is worth a look. Or am I best getting a train to Rotterdam for a day or two?
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2019, 04:41:39 pm »
Was there (well, just south between there and Tulum) from 23rd until 6th Aug.

Where did you stay?

Ah amazing.

I was in the Iberostar Tucan/Quetzal. What about you mate?
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2019, 04:53:49 pm »
Grand Bahia Principe Tulum, little bit further towards Tulum from you.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2019, 07:39:43 pm »
Off to Bulgaria in 4 weeks

Still not decided whether to book transfers or just wing a taxi when we get there. Problem is transfers are 40 quid each (3 of us for a private taxi) but we're off to sunny beach and the airport apparently is 100km away. 60 quid each way for one car would sound OK in England but however someone told me everything is so cheap we could get it for way less if we just get one on site.

I daren't leave it till the last minute though. Everyone's also telling me it's mobster run so I imagine the 20 quid taxi will turn into 200 quid on arrival ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2019, 07:52:50 pm »
You tried a site like MyTransfers?

We got one a minibus for 5 from Cancun airport to our hotel (about 90 mins away) for £20 each return.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2019, 08:22:14 pm »
You tried a site like MyTransfers?

We got one a minibus for 5 from Cancun airport to our hotel (about 90 mins away) for £20 each return.

"We could not find your destination". Cheers anyway mate.

Doesn't help that we land around half 11pm

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2019, 08:25:05 pm »
Off to Bulgaria in 4 weeks

Still not decided whether to book transfers or just wing a taxi when we get there. Problem is transfers are 40 quid each (3 of us for a private taxi) but we're off to sunny beach and the airport apparently is 100km away. 60 quid each way for one car would sound OK in England but however someone told me everything is so cheap we could get it for way less if we just get one on site.

I daren't leave it till the last minute though. Everyone's also telling me it's mobster run so I imagine the 20 quid taxi will turn into 200 quid on arrival ;D

Are you flying into Sofia?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2019, 08:27:19 pm »
Are you flying into Sofia?

No mate, Varna. Cheap holiday, can see why already ;D 

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2019, 08:32:34 pm »
No mate, Varna. Cheap holiday, can see why already ;D 

Have a look through these. On another tripadvisor, someone said if it is late at night you haven't pre booked you'll just get ripped off

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g295392-Activities-c59-t182-Varna_Varna_Province.html

Online wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2019, 08:49:02 pm »
More for 2020, but it's a general question.

Has anyone taken their dog on holiday to France? We're pondering a villa/house down the Atlantic coast (Loire Atlantique/Vendee/Charente Maritime), driving there and taking a ferry (some have cabins you can keep your dog in!) but wondering if it'd be worth it. I know a bit about doggy passports, etc through friends who've taken theirs to their place in Spain, but I've also heard almost all the beaches in France have strictly-enforced dog bans.

Does anyone have any experience of doing something like this?
Yes, I am currently away and now back in France from Spain with my dog. The French are strict with dogs on beaches, but from my experience, they will sometimes allow you to take them to the side of the safe bathing area, out of the way. Not an issue in the evening when the lifeguards have left.