Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 0-0 Crystal Palace  (Read 9555 times)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Re: Half time: Liverpool 0-0 Crystal Palace
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:10 pm »
See this why you need wingers on the bench. Can't get my head round 2 defenders being on the bench.

Need to step it up this second half.

Salah's on the bench. Could use him right about now.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:14 pm »
That midfield. My word less said the better. Not a single bit of invention there among the three and as a result our play slows down.

Milner has been fine - some lovely passes slipped in between their right centre back and Ward at times. He's also very decent at receiving the ball into feet with his back to goal to provide that wall pass option. Right now, with our chronic lack of midfield options, I think he's a must in games like this.

The other two are the issue. Henderson's passing is woeful and Wijnaldum is the invisible man once again.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:15 pm »
Pretty decent debut from Andy Robertson, reminds me of a mix of Aurelio and Arbeloa, solid and reliable, very intelligent positional play and a mean cross on him. Very encouraging indeed and looks like a guy playing his hundredth game for us, not his first.

Only one team seems happy to play football though, Palace are dire and dragging us down to their level. Some changes methinks in the second half should be enough to do them.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »
That midfield. My word less said the better. Not a single bit of invention there among the three and as a result our play slows down. Henderson must get a bonus if he hits a certain number of long passes. There isn't another explanation for his constant switching of play when not required or his forcing of play when not needed either.

Rather than having a midfield 3 from Milner, Can, Hendo or Gini....i rather we just pick 2 of them and put an additional striker. In fact i would put firmino in a midfield 3 and play mane, sturridge and salah up front.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline art03

• Kopite
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:20 pm »
I thought we played well. Moved the ball at pace and tried to open Palace up which we did for the 2 chances that we should have scored from. Attack little a bit of cohesion but understandable with the personnel change up front and in midfield.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:22 pm »
We're at half-time in the second game of the season.
Yes, I know.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:25 pm »
Lads, we're playing a makeshift side because of CL priorities. It really isn't that bad.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:26 pm »
What it will be like all season without Coutinho and if Lallana picks up any more injuries.

What makes you think we'll go all season without Coutinho?

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:26 pm »
Plenty of positives. Robertson has been excellent. We haven't condeded a goal yet. And... nope, that's all I got. New season, same old story in these games. We've missed some chances to be fair, but we don't have the craftmanship or guile in midfield or attack to open these sorts of teams up. I'll give the attackers the benefit of the doubt since I know they all have a lot of quality, but Fimino and Sturridge don't look on it at all. The defence is the defence.

That midfield though...

Offline Jools

• Didn't believe at half time against Dortmund
  • Main Stander
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:43 pm »
Fair performances from two fair footballing sides, nothing more nothing less.

Computerised score after 90 min's....... Liverpool 0 Crystal Palace 0.

Educated guess at the final score after 90 min's.....Liverpool 0 Crystal Palace 0.

(based on first half performance's)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:49 pm »
Would fancy Solanke in the air with Robertson's crossing you know.

I was thinking that too......somebody to attack a good cross.
#JFT97

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:49 pm »
that midfield tho
choose Life.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:51 pm »
Robertson looking good going forward, but untested defensively. Milner looks like he is providing a lot of defensive cover on the left flank. That's perhaps an interesting consequence of Milner having played LB last year, he can offer that cover very effectively from a midfield starting position, allowing the LB, Robertson in this case, to be more advanced. Can see that being very useful against some teams.

Offline Anfield Ed

• Middle name "Dick". Wants it hard, wants it fast.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Warrior #224
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2017, 03:53:55 pm »
It's going to be a long season.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:02 pm »
Lads, we're playing a makeshift side because of CL priorities. It really isn't that bad.

That is an excellent way of putting it.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:02 pm »
Henderson Minler Windaljum what can you get if not average?
True, there's no one there who can break the lines, but they've also, collectively, put in a hell of a shift, dominated possession utterly, and Milner has got himself into a few dangerous situations.

Firmino and Mane - both of them have received a lot of possession, some in very dangerous situations. Firmino's been really poor - so casual in possession - while Mane has tried but just seems to have had an off day, hasn't been as sharp as usual.

Collectively we've been underhitting passes and putting them behind players, but if we keep playing like this we will make more opportunities and we should win.

Robertson's crossing has been lovely. Matip seems to have totally forgotten how to direct attacking headers since joining us, pretty terrible miss for a defender who joined us with a decent scoring record.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline exino

• tic tac toe
  • Kopite
  • Youth coach. Total football proponent. JFT96.
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:06 pm »
Henderson is giving away possession far too much for low percentage passes. Wijnaldum isn't getting open to receive passes in midfield enough. Firmino needs to make more runs behind the defence. Those are my criticism of the first half.

Positives for me are Robertson is looking good in his debut so far and Joe Gomez is performing well at right back. Mane is just waiting to get on the end of a pass to score.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 04:01:12 pm by exino »
"Football is a simple game, yet it is difficult to play simple football."- Johan Cruyff

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:31 pm »
Matip is so poor in the air. How on earth did he miss that chance.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:32 pm »

Based on what? We're still in August!

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:40 pm »
Some cracking deliveries by Robertson, it's a shame all of them are going to waste with shite heading and runs.

Possibly Solanke on for Sturridge, I'd imagine Mane and Firmino will come off at some point seeing as we'll need them for Wednesday and they'll be knackered. 🤔

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:47 pm »

Which speaks volumes of the squad depth, or lack of it. We're still in 4 competitions this season as well.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2017, 03:54:55 pm »
Frustrating, as is so often the case in these sorts of games. Firmino not looking great when he's pushed out wide, Mane's had moments, midfield still looks a bit nothingy without Lallana or Mr Backtwinge. Robertson started off a touch shaky, I thought, but quickly grew into the game and we really should have scored off at least one of those crosses. Nice to see Sturridge back, but he really isn't the player he used to be. Still fancy him to score though.

We're dominating them, but with no real penetration as yet. Hopefully we can find a way through at some point, and we've got Salah and the two strikers on the bench, so there's options there, should we need them. Come on lads, you can do it.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:05 pm »
Pointless dominating if you don't create anything.
We had two very good chances.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:06 pm »
Uninspiring.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:08 pm »
Robertson looks good. That's about it  ;)

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:10 pm »
One dimensioned attack, through wings.
Midfield is non existent. Probably one of the worst midfield for attack play.

Two very average teams playing each other.

If we are going to have these midfield playing, forget 4th place.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Eliit

• Kopite
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:10 pm »

Most of our changes are in defence though, which has not been a problem at all. So far this season we've been crying out for Lallana/Coutinho type player.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:25 pm »
Rather than having a midfield 3 from Milner, Can, Hendo or Gini....i rather we just pick 2 of them and put an additional striker. In fact i would put firmino in a midfield 3 and play mane, sturridge and salah up front.
I wouldn't mind seeing a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino as the 10, for sure.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:30 pm »
Is it me, or does the pitch seem a little slow? We were promised a zippy surface, I'm not sure I see that though. Quite a few under hit passes.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:35 pm »
Some cracking deliveries by Robertson, it's a shame all of them are going to waste with shite heading and runs.

Possibly Solanke on for Sturridge, I'd imagine Mane and Firmino will come off at some point seeing as we'll need them for Wednesday and they'll be knackered. 🤔

Salah will most likely come on too at some point, he'll be great if he does.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:36 pm »
Bore. Off.

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:45 pm »
That midfield! The front 3 have all come deep looking for the ball as there is nothing creative behind them. We have enough to beat Palace though, they are there for the taking if we can speed up our play.

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:46 pm »
Ironically enough, Benteke up against that Palace defence with those crosses coming in from Robertson would have a field day. Solanke wouldn't be the worst shout, he'd be the physical presence they really don't like being up against.

Loads of time to win this one folks, for all that we look a bit stunted they look fucking awful.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:48 pm »
Our midfield aren't the most creative.......Henderson just needs to feed a short ball into one of the front three and they will make the space.

Don't disagree, but I think the midfield has to create something on the ball instead of the little give and go. Just running beyond the defence doesn't make for great attacking play. We just have no skill on the ball in midfield. We're absolutely mothered if we give in and sell Phil.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2017, 03:55:58 pm »
Is it me, or does the pitch seem a little slow? We were promised a zippy surface, I'm not sure I see that though. Quite a few under hit passes.
I agree. Does seem so.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2017, 03:56:07 pm »
Pointless dominating if you don't create anything.

Not pointless.  Too much bedwetting.  Firmino is fine.  The issue is with Gini --- he's too slow in making decisions and not breaking lines.

Need more dynamism on the left to partner with Robertson --- that's why Mane switched.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2017, 03:56:11 pm »
Close your eyes and imagine Dijk Keita and Coutinho in this side. The whole concept changes. So frustrating.

Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2017, 03:56:15 pm »
Slow, choppy meh match so far. This ones gonna go the distance I think. End 0-0 or 1-0
Robertson still needs adjustment time.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 03:58:39 pm by Sevens and Eights »

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2017, 03:56:19 pm »
Which speaks volumes of the squad depth, or lack of it. We're still in 4 competitions this season as well.
I agree but for what it is we're doing OK so far.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2017, 03:56:24 pm »
Fucking hell Klopp, I hope you're reading the tactical geniuses in this thread and sort it out second half!

;)
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.