Author Topic: Hoffenheim (Utah 86) 1 - 2 Liverpool (TAA 34', Milner 74'). FT  (Read 54445 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Hoffenheim (Utah 86) 1 - 2 Liverpool (TAA 34', Milner 74'). FT
« Reply #1000 on: August 16, 2017, 05:53:29 pm »
Like with most things in this world, its should be about balance.

Do we gain more by allowing Mane to bomb forward without concentrating on the defensive part of the game against leaving Moreno isolated and hoping we score more than we concede

I would argue that until we are up to speed we need to protect Moreno, I'm wondering whether this could be achieved by switching Salah and Mane???  Salah seemed to have more defensive want about him and the right hand side doesn't appear to be our biggest issue currently.

Read Babu Yagu's excellent Round table post:

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=336276.0
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: August 16, 2017, 05:55:25 pm »

What is wrong with this pic?

This was the freekick conceded by Grujic which led to the free header in front of goal mouth.

One of things with the extra high line I think about is that the continual softening of the offside law means that it's become less and less of a protection. The ref/linesman aren't going to call offside now if there's a lad behind the line when the delivery is struck, they're going to see who it goes to first, and then what happens after that before calling an offside.

Also must be said Demirbay's delivery was great and you could see why they have scored many from set pieces – though I'd argue that we had the best two chances from set pieces, both from Lovren.

They also had a very interesting trick with Wagner standing way offside so no one could pick him up, and then he'd sprint back in to the onside space and take a very direct ball and lay it off – a dead ball trick adapted to open play, very well worked.

They were a very well coached team and a very attacking team. Yes, we could have conceded more, but we also could have scored handily a few more - Salah and Firmino missed the biggest chances.

It sometimes feels like in both this an the Watford game that we are creating chances so easily that as the game wears on the players are not as focused on the chance... they know there will be another one along soon. If we start going 3-0 in games, I think we'll see a calmer Liverpool, a more defeated opposition.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1002 on: August 16, 2017, 05:59:45 pm »
55,104 v Barcelona (1975-76, UEFA Cup semi-final, second leg) , so we won't be beating that unless we expand the Anfield Road End.

Will still be a cracking atmospehre against Hoffenheim though.

EDIT : Wouldn't be surprised if the St Etienne game beat that. The official attendance was 55,043 but loads more than that must have got in !  ;D

Thanks mate.  :D

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1003 on: August 16, 2017, 06:06:04 pm »
They exceeded expectations? The fuck! They've been unbeaten at home for 16 months till last night.
Yeah but against lightweights like Bayern, BvB and Leipzig

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: August 16, 2017, 07:15:02 pm »
Thought Hoffenheims ability to play out from the back was the best I've seen from any side, something we have been trying to do since Rodgers but not to that affect last night

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: August 16, 2017, 07:19:06 pm »
They got any players worth nicking?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1006 on: August 16, 2017, 07:19:45 pm »
Seem's thats the only way we are getting anyone in doesn't it.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: August 16, 2017, 07:36:39 pm »
They also had a very interesting trick with Wagner standing way offside so no one could pick him up, and then he'd sprint back in to the onside space and take a very direct ball and lay it off – a dead ball trick adapted to open play, very well worked.
I'm not sure if the bit after 'and then' was always the intended outcome. There was one spell of possession - inside our half, probing from side to side - lasting a good 45 seconds/a minute, when Wagner was just wandering around 10 yards behind the centre backs; making no effort to get onside. That particular spell came to nothing, but it would be interesting to know the intention in that particular passage; to confuse and disrupt the centre backs, to create a kink in the defensive line, or open up a hole between one and the fullback on that side? to get an overlap wide and suddenly have an unmarked but 'onside' player in the centre? (Something that if it becomes a more common practice, the referees/rules will need to adapt to, as it would certainly be 'seeking an advantage').

Something to watch for next week.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #1008 on: August 16, 2017, 07:37:02 pm »
I hope I never ever get so miserable that I feel negative and irritated after we win. What the fuck is up with that?

We were outplayed by Milan and won in 05, maybe I shouldn't have been so happy back then.

Absolutely mental how people have reacted after yesterday.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: August 16, 2017, 07:37:59 pm »

GK? I was impressed with how he commanded his box. If the GKs were switched we'd have beaten them 5-1!

That's unfair to Simon who kept us in the game at a crucial time, meaning *we* weren't the ones to go 1 down, but I was impressed by their keeper all game.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.