Author Topic: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous  (Read 88526 times)

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2016, 06:49:53 pm »
"Please ensure you carry proof of your name and address with you while you are at the Ground as random spot-checks may be undertaken."
  Who really carries proof of address at games,not me.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2016, 06:51:30 pm »
"Please ensure you carry proof of your name and address with you while you are at the Ground as random spot-checks may be undertaken."

Driving licence?

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2016, 06:53:03 pm »

Same here, it's outrageous that this has happened.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2016, 07:06:09 pm »
I havent had time to read this thread fully.

But, are we saying that we cant pass tickets on to other people? (obviously at face value)

If so then...what

Offline Biscuitman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2016, 07:14:38 pm »
Driving licence?
I don't even know where my driving licence is and certainly don't carry it to a game.Only thing I have with my name on it is a credit card but it obviously doesn't have my address.Maybe have to start carrying a utility bill around with me,,,, oh hang on I went paperless years ago!!The actions of these stewards seems a little draconian unless as others have said they were acting on some kind of tip-off.What happened to treating the "customer" with dignity and understanding?

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2016, 07:41:37 pm »
So what is the club going to do regarding the twitter campaign for Exeter tickets to be given to local families/children?
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2016, 07:45:21 pm »
So what is the club going to do regarding the twitter campaign for Exeter tickets to be given to local families/children?

Ban all the people and give theirs seat free to Garunda Indonesia

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2016, 07:49:39 pm »
If these are the rules, it is going to always be somewhat of a lottery for me to use the ticket exchange on this site (my only access to games - I am a member have been for years but can't build up the credit). Imagine spending £80 on a train ticket, £40 odd for a match ticket only to be turfed out. Sure these spot checks are random and frankly it won't put me off, but fuck I would be livid if this happened while I was taking my nephew to his first match at Anfield.

With membership cards, surely it is much harder to tout, you have to return them for a start. I always presumed the touts outside the ground (easy to find on any given match day) were selling paper tickets. Given the security climate I can understand that transferring cards could be seen as an issue (but bags are checked so it should not be). The club should have a facility where a member can transfer a card to someone else and register that person's details with the club (a lot more admin sure, just get Arye to sign up with another donut company or something. Will also help create some local jobs).
It is very easy to tout membership cards; you give it out before the game and collect it afterwards. If the person you gave it is a no show then you just report the card as stolen. I am not sure what use the card would be though to the person who doesn't return it as he can't use to buy tickets as he doesn't know the online account to login as.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 07:51:57 pm by Smudgester »

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »
Four for Man U wouldn't be too bad if you were touting them out. Someone should confirm if these seats are empty or not on Sunday.
What would that prove? If me and my mates were to see 4 empty seats together 10 minutes in, say, we would move to them.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2016, 07:54:33 pm »

What would that prove? If me and my mates were to see 4 empty seats together 10 minutes in, say, we would move to them.

It's not an away match and it's 129 in the Anfield Road. It's an interesting theory considering it seems rather out of order with the biggest home game of the season coming four days later. It could be total bullshit also.

I find it hilarious you would move though, I presume there is some terms and conditions that prevent that as well.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2016, 08:04:57 pm »
It's not an away match and it's 129 in the Anfield Road. It's an interesting theory considering it seems rather out of order with the biggest home game of the season coming four days later. It could be total bullshit also.

I find it hilarious you would move though, I presume there is some terms and conditions that prevent that as well.
I don't mean me, per se - I am a Billy few mates and we the only ones who I go to the games with sit at least 4/5 blocks away :D but you know what I mean.

I have never understood why the club don't have people walking round outside; as others have said they are not hard to find. One bloke even uses the 12th Man as his 'office' !!!!

I found the post about supporters clubs interesting. I believe a few seasons ago all members of them had to membership card holders as the club itself got no/few tickets - could be imagining that though. If not then logically the person running the club would keep a large number of them and dish them out on the coach/at the ground. Are the people with large numbers of cards doing this or they touts?

Presumably without a police officer they are powerless to do anything beyond the boundary of the stadium. And at what point does touting become illegal?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 08:25:41 pm by Smudgester »

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2016, 08:07:20 pm »
I thought all touting above face value was illegal but I could be wrong?

But yeah the very very obvious guys are outside, just need people to
buy a couple at above face value, then cancel the membership cards that were used.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2016, 08:18:33 pm »
It is very easy to tout membership cards; you give it out before the game and collect it afterwards. If the person you gave it is a no show then you just report the card as stolen. I am not sure what use the card would be though to the person who doesn't return it as he can't use to buy tickets as he doesn't know the online account to login as.

The new thing to do is take a deposit, as well as your 'bevy for your troubles' until you get the cards back.

Offline Torben Piechnik is my Dad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2016, 08:26:42 pm »
I don't get this as they do whatever suits.

I got a Kazan away on a friends card but they still gave him the credit and didn't mind he sold the ticket on to me.

Also said to me hopefully for you he doesn't go to Sion and you get the ticket.

Must be short of tickets for Sunday.

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2016, 09:08:00 pm »
@realoatsy

tell us whre you are supposed to be sat on Sunday and we can report back if the seats are empty

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2016, 09:26:24 pm »
So this effectively makes the rawk exchange a risk? Even though the club know about it and are apparently happy for this to go on, with the exception of Euro aways which is why there are no Euro away exchanges.

I suspect something underhand on the club/steward's part like others in this thread have said. I have 5 memberships (me, my brother, missus and 2 Croatian friends). My Croatian friends only come over 3 times a season at most so they are almost always spare. I was away in Barcelona for the Bordeaux and Swansea games, Croatia for West Brom, had to work Boxing Day evening in London so missed Leicester, and now I'm in South Africa for Arsenal, Man U and Exeter. I buy all home games automatically in bulk sales as well as autocup as I don't know my schedule months in advance, or even weeks. As the above shows, I can miss a lot of games in spells.

There's quite often different people using my cards. Sometimes on the exchange here, other times friends/family. What I have done for a while is given people the first line of address of each card and date of birth. I stopped doing it but maybe I ought to start again. This isn't foolproof, but it's something to cover yourself.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:28:18 pm by Tiger Tony »

Online ic843

• Choose Everton
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cally's heroes
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2016, 09:34:26 pm »
Question:

Who would you rather go for a bevvy with?

A. Wandering Red
B. Smudgester
C. James Milner
D. Jon tickle off big brother 4
Taylor Report 278 ""It is fair to say that over many years the South Yorkshire Police have given excellent service to the public...Unforunately, their policing on April 15 broke down in the ways described, and although there were other causes, the main reason for the disaster was the failure of police control."
BOYCOTT THE S*N

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2016, 09:41:43 pm »
How does this work for supporters buses then who the club give 20-30 tickets to and obviously not all the same people go each home game?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2016, 09:47:29 pm »
Question:

Who would you rather go for a bevvy with?

A. Wandering Red
B. Smudgester
C. James Milner
D. Jon tickle off big brother 4

C then D.

Yet another example of the club, or a rep of the club, acting shitty.

BUT how are they to know that the guy and his kids were mates of the OP? Could very well have been touted.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2016, 09:50:10 pm »
BUT how are they to know that the guy and his kids were mates of the OP? Could very well have been touted.

"Clearly these aren't your cards. Would you mind explaining how you got hold of the tickets for todays match?"

Edit: I mean yeah, they could lie if they had bought them off a tout - protecting the person who bought them - but presumably if they are going to write to him and sort it out it may well come out that it was a legitimate thing.

By doing the sales months in advance the ticket office bring this on themselves. Tickets will get bought and moved on when it turns out someone can't make it.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 09:53:07 pm by Hij »

Offline Pepe Reina Is Rafas Son

• This must be Pepe's Mother, who else would know?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2016, 11:16:50 pm »
Disgraceful from the club. They struggled to sell out the game as it was.
Stabbed your boss in the back, the man who made you fucking European Champions, and got in the man you wanted as manager. Just because Rafa wouldn't fucking cuddle you enough and fucking wank you off while telling you how fucking great you are.

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2016, 11:48:47 pm »
How does this work for supporters buses then who the club give 20-30 tickets to and obviously not all the same people go each home game?

They don't send the supporters clubs bulk tickets to distribute anymore, When the membership scheme came in they basically did away with supporters club, They still run coaches and get tickets on behalf of others through the friends and family scheme but each individual is supposed to be a member.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2016, 12:06:13 am »
Disgraceful from the club. They struggled to sell out the game as it was.

They struggled to sell out the Arsenal game? Really?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2016, 01:19:54 am »
I think it's really sad that one of a a 9 year old kid's 1st memories of going the match is getting turfed out. Particularly the way the game ended, you'd feel cheated and it could put you off going full stop.

This is a situation of the clubs own making. They sell the tickets up to 6 months in advance, games get moved for Europe, tv etc sometimes at very short notice. Members can't return tickets online and have to return them 2 weeks in advance. It's like a lottery trying to get through to the ticket office at any time. I tried to return a ticket for Blackburn in 2011 and couldn't get through, tried e-mailing them which they ignored.

Say if you lived in an area affected by the floods recently, or had your leave from work cancelled at short notice or your lift fell through. Do they genuinely think people can afford to through the best part of £50 down the toilet and do the club really want empty seats.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2016, 01:30:27 am »
Yeah kicking a 9 year old kid out of the ground mid match, well in LFC a job well done!

In a nutshell, absolutely horrific from our club and police.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2016, 01:33:53 am »
This is a situation of the clubs own making. They sell the tickets up to 6 months in advance, games get moved for Europe, tv etc sometimes at very short notice. Members can't return tickets online and have to return them 2 weeks in advance. It's like a lottery trying to get through to the ticket office at any time. I tried to return a ticket for Blackburn in 2011 and couldn't get through, tried e-mailing them which they ignored.
This^

Online mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2016, 01:40:27 am »
Absolute joke this - well done LFC  :butt
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2016, 03:05:36 am »
I don't even know where my driving licence is and certainly don't carry it to a game.Only thing I have with my name on it is a credit card but it obviously doesn't have my address.Maybe have to start carrying a utility bill around with me,,,, oh hang on I went paperless years ago!!The actions of these stewards seems a little draconian unless as others have said they were acting on some kind of tip-off.What happened to treating the "customer" with dignity and understanding?

That is one twisted point of view you have there :s
???

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2016, 04:19:28 am »
One solution might be for the club to ask for the address and birth date of the member / STH.  You'd only give that information (and therefore, your ticket) to someone you trusted (i.e. a mate), so it would drastically reduce the risk of touting - can't imagine that many touts want to be handing out their address / birthdate.  Couldn't really use a fake address / birthdate either because you'd have to prove them when you originally signed up for the card / ST.

In general, I think that if you buy a season ticket and want to give the tickets to your mates for games, the club should have nothing to do with that.  It's touting they should be trying to stop, not sharing tickets with mates.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2016, 04:46:15 am »
Club and stewards in 'targeting the wrong people' shocker.

Hold the front-page.

Disgusting behaviour. Throwing a kid out of a match? Terrible.

If those seats are taken on Sunday someone needs fucking because it'll be plain to see what's happened.

Heard Honda have just been given 4 extra tickets for Sunday. A few years ago at the toilet they had about 50 in our away end - wonder how those who had them managed to gain the credits without anyone else in out end ever seeing them?

As our club moves with the efficiency of a 10A bus, I hope someone can go and check for you on Sunday whether those seats are occupied.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 15, 2016, 05:48:47 am »
Communal kindness and gratitude seems to be an evil thing for the club. But that's uber-capitalism for you.

Disgusting behaviour - and with kids in tears getting thrown out, well it makes you ashamed of Liverpool FC. I couldn't give a shit if it's in the small print, common sense should have dictated this and allowed you to stay.

The club, the steward and the police officer involved should be ashamed of their awful behaviour.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2016, 07:15:39 am »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions

17.   Your Members Card must be available at all games for inspection by officials and security staff of the Club and the police. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the Ground any person who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of Entry. Please ensure you carry proof of your name and address with you while you are at the Ground as random spot-checks may be undertaken.

18.   Members Card and/or receipts are issued for your sole use. You shall not re-sell, assign, transfer or lend the Members Card and/or receipts or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior consent of the Club. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) the Members Card and/or receipts issued to you may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, save as expressly authorised by the FA Premier League Limited or the Club.

19.   You may only re-sell or transfer the Members Card and/or receipts with the express consent of the Club, given at the Club's absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such lending does not take place during the course of any business.

Terrible for the kids, especially as it was their Christmas present and it was such a great match. Did any of the adults involved try to get consent from the club?
The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline dan7hughes

• Main Stander
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2016, 07:43:58 am »
This steward is good - he's even convinced all of you it is a club policy rather than him acting on his own!

Until the club officially tells the poster that the cards were confiscated because they were sold on then I don't see the point in these knee jerk replies as if the club is regularly wading into the stands and pulling people out.
We've all seen loads tickets touted, and not seen any more action than a tannoy announcement or a slip of paper in the away ticket envelope.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2016, 07:51:56 am »
Absolutely disgraceful to hear this. The club doesn't like the tradition of giving tickets to your mates/family etc, as they don't profit from it.

Offline jwill2127

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp is the man
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2016, 07:52:11 am »
I think the 80mins bit is the problem. If they started chatting to me whilst I was watching the match that I paid £50 for I would say go away! If the cards had been in my name what right have they got to interrupt the match???
Our support since 2005 is f@@@@@ @@@@

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2016, 09:16:36 am »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions

17.   Your Members Card must be available at all games for inspection by officials and security staff of the Club and the police. The Club reserves the right to refuse admission or eject from the Ground any person who fails to comply with the Terms & Conditions of Entry. Please ensure you carry proof of your name and address with you while you are at the Ground as random spot-checks may be undertaken.

18.   Members Card and/or receipts are issued for your sole use. You shall not re-sell, assign, transfer or lend the Members Card and/or receipts or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior consent of the Club. For the avoidance of doubt (and by way of example only) the Members Card and/or receipts issued to you may not be offered as a prize in any promotion or competition nor transferred, lent or sold to any third party as part of a hospitality or travel package, save as expressly authorised by the FA Premier League Limited or the Club.

19.   You may only re-sell or transfer the Members Card and/or receipts with the express consent of the Club, given at the Club's absolute discretion. No such resale or transfer will be permitted except where the same takes place in consideration of no payment or benefit in excess of the face value of a ticket to that Match and such lending does not take place during the course of any business.

Personally I have no problem with the club preventing credit hunters having multiple cards and consistantly allowing others to use them for the less desireable games.  It's clear on the exchanges that this is common practice,  and I assume this will be an unpopular opinion. BUT it has to apply to everyone,  it has to be zero tolerance.  It's wrong to pick on just a few supporters though,  especially ones with kids.  The club know that a high number of members cards are abused so should tighten up across the board,  or not at all.

It's the same as ST's.  How hard can it be for the club to get every single season ticket holder to provide proof of ID and make it mandatory to collect from the ticket office with a driving licence or passport.  The number of season tickets around that aren't assigned to an actual living person is scary!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: January 15, 2016, 09:22:29 am »
I'm gonna throw my 2 pennies worth in here

The club has terms and conditions when it sells the memberships that you have to agree to (which no one ever reads, same for me) and they are there to protect the club, written by the legal team and so on and so forth. What the OP has done is against those terms and conditions unless they have got prior written consent from the club to pass the tickets on for free or face value. The club there has done absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever

The steward, however they've decided, has picked out these in a random check (probably due to knowing who sits there week in week out) and rightly or wrongly enforced the rules the club have in place and kicked them out

From a moral standpoint it's wrong because they missed the last 10 minutes, the equaliser and so on. From their point of view they are enforcing rules and are in the right and they have kicked out potential users of touts. What they should be doing is going for the touts outside the ground like people have said but in this instance the club are well in their rights to kick these people out and suspend the membership

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 15, 2016, 09:53:54 am »
people actually defending the club

jesus fucking wept
cyas

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 15, 2016, 09:55:52 am »
No one. And I'd get thrown out before I provided it to them.
cyas

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #119 on: January 15, 2016, 09:56:04 am »
bitterly disappointing to hear that mate, really feel for the kids who should have experienced a wonderful and magical evening.

Who the fuck is authorising/encouraging/ driving these antics?  what does the club seriously have to gain from doing this?

we talk about the game being taken away from the fan- the working class, but our fucking club are also responsible for this.

shameful, hang your head LFC and sort it the fuck out
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!