Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4147622 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #60360 on: June 20, 2019, 09:27:08 am »
When did Sweet Caroline become a thing in boxing? UFC I can understand because it's Darren Till's entrance song but when did it appear in boxing? Hate it with a passion.

Pretty certain Carl Frampton has had it as an entrance song a few times aswell. Northern Ireland football fans also chant it.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline RhosRed

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60361 on: June 20, 2019, 10:39:32 am »
When did Sweet Caroline become a thing in boxing? UFC I can understand because it's Darren Till's entrance song but when did it appear in boxing? Hate it with a passion.

Been going in boxing since before Darren Till made his UFC debut

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #60362 on: June 20, 2019, 10:41:25 am »
SC has been sung at US sports for years too. It's not new on either side of the Atlantic.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60363 on: June 20, 2019, 01:48:03 pm »
SC has been sung at US sports for years too. It's not new on either side of the Atlantic.

yeah, pretty sure the Red Sox sing it at every home game don't they?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #60364 on: June 21, 2019, 10:48:32 am »
To answer the question I think no one wants to answer to.

Paulie Malinaggi will fight Artem Lobov in a bare-knuckle boxing match this weekend

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60365 on: June 21, 2019, 01:11:45 pm »
Used to like Paulie but he's been an absolute douchebag throughout the build. Hope Lord Artem sends him to another dimension.

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #60366 on: June 22, 2019, 07:42:05 am »
Paulie cant be short of a couple of quid. He's my favourite pundit though so hope he doesn't embarass himself against this no-mark

Online rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #60367 on: June 22, 2019, 08:18:22 am »
To answer the question I think no one wants to answer to.

Paulie Malinaggi will fight Artem Lobov in a bare-knuckle boxing match this weekend
Thought bare-Knuckle was illegal

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #60368 on: June 23, 2019, 02:58:10 am »
Anyone have a stream for it?
YNWA

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #60369 on: June 23, 2019, 03:44:06 am »
edit found it

http://www.streamendous.com/sportsch.php?premier

what do people thinks going to happen, i truly have no idea.. aside from thinking paulie will think he can just jab the head of him all night, but aye, bare knuckle and all that..

No skin in the game but like others have said, paulie has pure disgraced himself in the build up with all that spitting bollox, hope he gets battered, so lump on Paulie

;D
YNWA

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60370 on: June 23, 2019, 05:20:25 am »
Malanaggi  is a massive plum and after losing to a nobody Lobov tonight, he can fuck off to obscurity

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60371 on: June 23, 2019, 09:32:50 am »
He's really unbearable these days, proper tit. Cut from the same cloth as Adrien Broner.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60372 on: June 23, 2019, 04:52:23 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48738582

Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk has been named mandatory challenger for the winner of Anthony Joshua's heavyweight-title rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr by the WBO.

Usyk, 32, the former undisputed world cruiserweight champion, pulled out of his heavyweight debut against Carlos Takam in May because of injury.

Ruiz, 29, stunned Joshua to win the IBF, WBA and WBO titles on 1 June and is under contract to take a rematch.

The rematch has been mooted for later this year, possibly in New York.

Usyk was the first boxer to hold all four world titles at cruiserweight as he won the World Boxing Super Series tournament.

The 2012 Olympic champion's final bout in the lighter division came in November when he knocked out Briton Tony Bellew - a seventh successive world title victory.

He is unbeaten in 16 professional fights, with 12 knock-out wins.

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #60373 on: June 23, 2019, 05:08:53 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/48738582

Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk has been named mandatory challenger for the winner of Anthony Joshua's heavyweight-title rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr by the WBO.

Usyk, 32, the former undisputed world cruiserweight champion, pulled out of his heavyweight debut against Carlos Takam in May because of injury.

Ruiz, 29, stunned Joshua to win the IBF, WBA and WBO titles on 1 June and is under contract to take a rematch.

The rematch has been mooted for later this year, possibly in New York.

Usyk was the first boxer to hold all four world titles at cruiserweight as he won the World Boxing Super Series tournament.

The 2012 Olympic champion's final bout in the lighter division came in November when he knocked out Briton Tony Bellew - a seventh successive world title victory.

He is unbeaten in 16 professional fights, with 12 knock-out wins.

That’s the toughest fight of Joshua’s career assuming he beats Ruiz in the rematch.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #60374 on: June 23, 2019, 05:35:52 pm »
That’s the toughest fight of Joshua’s career assuming he beats Ruiz in the rematch.

Usyk will make a holy show of Joshua

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #60375 on: June 23, 2019, 06:48:36 pm »
Usyk will make a holy show of Joshua

I agree, but that depends on AJ winning the rematch with Ruiz. It's suddenly tough at the top

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #60376 on: June 23, 2019, 09:17:36 pm »
Usyk always was going to be the challenge at HW for all of them.
Hearn underplayed him far to much because AJ is his cash cow. Usyk is never going to be as marketable as AJ but he does have the beating of him possibly.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #60377 on: June 23, 2019, 10:31:48 pm »
Just watched the Whyte-Parker fight from last year, what a night of boxing that was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXRUVsAPXtU&t=43s

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60378 on: June 23, 2019, 10:53:43 pm »
The headbutt robbed Parker of a win i reckon.

Whyte did well at the end holding on

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60379 on: June 23, 2019, 11:37:10 pm »

I think Whyte wanted it more on the night.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60380 on: June 24, 2019, 09:33:47 am »
Just watched the Whyte-Parker fight from last year, what a night of boxing that was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXRUVsAPXtU&t=43s

I think Parker is too nice to really cut it at the top. Whyte was getting up to all sorts, headbutts, kicks, you name it, and Parker wants to touch gloves every round ;D

And yeah, agree that Usyk beats Joshua, although I've been saying that for a while now. He beats Wilder too. Fury might be too big for him though.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60381 on: June 24, 2019, 09:46:55 am »

A British ref saved him. If that was in New Zealand it was getting stopped at the end; Whyte was done. As fights such as Chavez vs Taylor have told us, refs can stop the fight at any time, no matter how few seconds are left.

Parker is often maligned but he is a very decent fighter indeed. He will challenge for the title again I reckon.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:49:37 am by 1892tillforever »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60382 on: June 24, 2019, 02:41:18 pm »
Usyk as great as he is lads is a smaller Heavyweight compared to the big dogs, had he been in this division 10-15 years ago, he'd have cleaned it up.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60383 on: June 24, 2019, 03:18:17 pm »
Usyk as great as he is lads is a smaller Heavyweight compared to the big dogs, had he been in this division 10-15 years ago, he'd have cleaned it up.

He's still 6'3" though so not a midget by any means. Taller than Andt Ruiz for example (although weight is a different story ;D)

He's the boxing equivalent of Shay Given!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60384 on: June 24, 2019, 03:33:31 pm »
 ;D

Also it tells you all you need to know how a lad who's never fought at the weight has become the #1 contender.  Did Dillon Whyte fuck all the president's wives?  ;D

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60385 on: June 24, 2019, 03:38:26 pm »
;D

Also it tells you all you need to know how a lad who's never fought at the weight has become the #1 contender.  Did Dillon Whyte fuck all the president's wives?  ;D

Usyk is mandatory not #1 ranked, The WBO tend to make any champion moving up a weight a Mandatory challenger.

Whyte is still listed as their #1

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60386 on: June 24, 2019, 03:45:29 pm »
mandatory is #1 in my book mate and to most others.  Doesn't make an iota of difference in the wordings, especially to casuals who the sport is trying to catch.  :D

And answer the second part, Did Dillon fuck their wives?  ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60387 on: June 24, 2019, 08:45:45 pm »
This WBO ranking system with the champion from the weight below is similar to emeritus champion with the WBC. Both bodies that are giving Whyte the run around.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60388 on: June 24, 2019, 10:37:59 pm »
And people wonder why so many boxing fans turned to UFC. Mind you they're kinda doing the same thing with Tony Ferguson but still, atleast the big fights get made.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60389 on: June 25, 2019, 07:23:38 am »
mandatory is #1 in my book mate and to most others.  Doesn't make an iota of difference in the wordings, especially to casuals who the sport is trying to catch.  :D

Do you mean Dillian?  Casual  ;)

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60390 on: June 25, 2019, 01:39:31 pm »

As Usyk cleared out and unified his division, he gets a title shot if he moves up. Same as Crawford.

Very harsh on Whyte still
cyas

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60391 on: June 25, 2019, 01:43:23 pm »

As Usyk cleared out and unified his division, he gets a title shot if he moves up. Same as Crawford.

Very harsh on Whyte still

Whyte could have had a shot at Joshua already if he wanted so he can't complain.

Ruiz has just shown everyone that if you back yourself to beat the champ you shouldn't piss about arguing over percentages. Just beat him in the ring and you can make all your demands for the rematch.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #60392 on: June 25, 2019, 02:58:39 pm »
As I keep saying, people are guilty of focusing too much on size. Even with that Usyk is hardly a midget. As Lusty says, he is 6ft 3in. I would imagine he would be 215-220 in the ring.

For reference: Rumble in the Jungle - Foreman vs Ali. Both men were listed as 6ft 3in, same as Usyk. 'Big' George was 220 pounds, Ali was 216! Not many would pick Deontay fucking Wilder to beat either of those. Not saying Usyk is as good, but he is more skilled than Foreman albeit with less power. Practically all of the great heavyweights were about the size of Usyk or much smaller, and I would pick most of them to wipe out today's shower.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60393 on: June 25, 2019, 05:18:37 pm »
Whyte could have had a shot at Joshua already if he wanted so he can't complain.

Ruiz has just shown everyone that if you back yourself to beat the champ you shouldn't piss about arguing over percentages. Just beat him in the ring and you can make all your demands for the rematch.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60394 on: June 26, 2019, 11:50:06 am »
Lomachenko Campell in the O2 August 31st,

Will be looking to go to this definitely, have transport and accommodation sorted already since it was first rumoured

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60395 on: June 26, 2019, 01:15:30 pm »
Lomachenko Campell in the O2 August 31st,

Will be looking to go to this definitely, have transport and accommodation sorted already since it was first rumoured

I am very tempted by that myself.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #60396 on: June 26, 2019, 02:19:22 pm »
Thought you guys might appreciate this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XIOfQipmdks" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XIOfQipmdks</a>
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60397 on: June 26, 2019, 02:37:10 pm »
Lads I understand the WBO way but doesn't mean it's right and I agree with them. Usyk should at least have ONE FIGHT in the division.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60398 on: June 26, 2019, 02:39:53 pm »
Would love to see Lomachenko live, that would be great but having gone to NYC for AJ ain't go no dough to fund this one. Hopefully will see him up close one day.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60399 on: June 26, 2019, 05:32:16 pm »

The financial terms of the rematch were already set before the 1st fight and they all favour AJ heavily.  This is one of the reasons AJ struggled to get Fury/whyte/wilder and co in the ring.  You are stuck with somewhat unfavourable terms, even if you win the 1st fight
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 05:49:03 pm by markmywords »