Author Topic: MoTD thread  (Read 663319 times)

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: MOTD thread
« Reply #6680 on: September 13, 2020, 01:53:10 pm »
I thought it did? Maybe it was the post match analysis on Sky I seen it, but it was definitely after the game as I thought then there was more of a shout for that one being allowed than the nonsense Carra was spouting about the first penalty.

Was watching it live last night and Carra’s made himself sound like a proper twat when he was banging on about the first penalty not being one. Fella had his arm out like he was at a bus stop. Blatant pen.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6681 on: September 13, 2020, 02:10:20 pm »
Something I didn't know until recently was that possession is measured by number of passes as opposed to time spent on the ball. Not that it makes a huge difference, Leeds did keep the ball well and pass it around a lot but it was mainly within 30 yards of their goal so it's not really an indication of how the match went. First half we created a lot of chances, heck Firmino went through before the penalty, but the second half in particular we were on top a lot more.

Is that true, seems like a weird way of calculating it, you'd think that time of possession would be more representative.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6682 on: September 13, 2020, 10:36:09 pm »
Have they updated the montage overnight? Seen Hendo lifting the trophy just now but last night I could've swore it was just the Liverbird in the striped scarf and Hendo wasn't there. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.  :-X

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6683 on: September 13, 2020, 10:37:39 pm »
Is that true, seems like a weird way of calculating it, you'd think that time of possession would be more representative.

Ball passed back to the keeper who jumps it 60 yards. Who’s in possession for those seconds? Does it depend who wins the header?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6684 on: September 13, 2020, 10:38:52 pm »
Have they updated the montage overnight? Seen Hendo lifting the trophy just now but last night I could've swore it was just the Liverbird in the striped scarf and Hendo wasn't there. Maybe I wasn't paying attention.  :-X

On your phone?

It’s because we’re not worthy champions anymore after yesterday. They’re going to have a revolving ‘guest’ list yet each week now, Have I Got News For You style.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6685 on: September 13, 2020, 11:02:00 pm »

I thought that as well but they mentioned it on the Totally Football Show a while back. I'm not sure it matters too much as you'd suspect one would follow the other. And I think it matters less these days than it did when Guardiola was at Barcelona and Spain were winning everything as teams have now found ways of getting around that.

The Leeds game yesterday was interesting for me as the possession stats were evidence of Leeds coming to Anfield and playing better when that wasn't really the case, despite their strong performance.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6686 on: September 13, 2020, 11:05:19 pm »
Micah Richards is great on this.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6687 on: September 13, 2020, 11:10:45 pm »
Didn't watch it, can't abide any of the presenters or pundits.

Have they been critical/snide/dismissive about us yet?
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #6688 on: September 13, 2020, 11:18:59 pm »
Didn't watch it, can't abide any of the presenters or pundits.

Have they been critical/snide/dismissive about us yet?

No, but Everton have finally arrived at the top table, because they’ve signed all these world class players who bossed the game from midfield.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6689 on: September 13, 2020, 11:24:54 pm »
Micah Richards is great on this.
Not sure if this is sarcasm but I haven't minded listening to him tonight. Jenas also had some decent insight on our game with Leeds. They really did bypass our midfield, and Kalvin Phillips was outstanding.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6690 on: September 13, 2020, 11:27:53 pm »
Will this Bielsa love in stop any time soon? I know he is supposedly a bit mad and his teams can play attractive football, but the amount I have heard about him this weekend its like he is some legendary achiever.

Hopefully he takes Leeds down. Nobody want them c*nts in the Premier League.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #6691 on: September 13, 2020, 11:29:18 pm »
Not sure if this is sarcasm but I haven't minded listening to him tonight. Jenas also had some decent insight on our game with Leeds. They really did bypass our midfield, and Kalvin Phillips was outstanding.

Came quite a surprise to find out we won after their assessment

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #6692 on: September 13, 2020, 11:31:04 pm »
Will this Bielsa love in stop any time soon? I know he is supposedly a bit mad and his teams can play attractive football, but the amount I have heard about him this weekend its like he is some legendary achiever.

He IS a legendary achiever though. Jenas explained it - we were wrong to celebrate the win yesterday. Leeds actually won that game 3-4.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6693 on: September 13, 2020, 11:32:49 pm »

Just an Argie Jack Duckworth.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6694 on: September 13, 2020, 11:34:24 pm »
You lot don't half take the piss. Leeds deserve a lot of credit for the way they played yesterday, and you'll be falling over yourselves to buy Bielsa a drink when he takes 3 points of Lampard, Ole-at-the-Wheel, and Guardiola.

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6695 on: September 13, 2020, 11:39:03 pm »
You lot don't half take the piss. Leeds deserve a lot of credit for the way they played yesterday, and you'll be falling over yourselves to buy Bielsa a drink when he takes 3 points of Lampard, Ole-at-the-Wheel, and Guardiola.
Leeds lost and we won. Thats not taking the piss.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6696 on: September 13, 2020, 11:39:10 pm »

Nobody likes Leeds, hence why nobody will give them credit. They are hated as much of those sides you mentioned.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6697 on: September 13, 2020, 11:40:11 pm »

That's an embarrassing post. I have no great love for the Leeds of old but this is a new owner, team and manager of a club who've more than served their long sentence out of the PL.

Bielsa and the team and style we saw yesterday are a very welcome addition IMO, I'd much rather opponents like that than eye-gougingly agricultural teams managed by dinosaurs like the OFC's Palace, or Moyes' West Ham.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6698 on: September 13, 2020, 11:42:11 pm »
Nobody likes Leeds, hence why nobody will give them credit. They are hated as much of those sides you mentioned.
Leaving aside your custom title, exactly why do you hate them?

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6699 on: September 13, 2020, 11:45:54 pm »

The issue is not with them getting some credit for the manner in which they played, so much as it was the motd portrayal of the game, where you'd think they had battered us when we actually won the game, gifted them a couple of goals and could have readily added to our own total too.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #6700 on: September 14, 2020, 12:49:59 am »
The issue is not with them getting some credit for the manner in which they played, so much as it was the motd portrayal of the game, where you'd think they had battered us when we actually won the game, gifted them a couple of goals and could have readily added to our own total too.

Don't get me wrong, I think the pundits have all side-stepped the issue with the VVD goal that was disallowed. It was never a foul and we should have won 5-3, but you'd never bet able to tell from the way Wrighty was moaning Saturday last night about Leeds deserving at least a point. BUT...

They played out of their skins and I for one don't begrudge the praise they got on MOTD2 Sunday. The match was a good ad for the PL and hopefully they take it to City, Arsenal, ManU and Chelsea the way they did with us. If they take points off that lot, all is forgiven. 

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #6701 on: September 14, 2020, 09:47:44 am »

I actually didn't mind how they presented the game because it felt while watching that it could go either way. I wasn't surprised to see we bossed chances but that they had so few in the end, just managed to score them all.

They were fun to watch, their defense will cost them games. If they lose Kalvin Phillips for whatever reason, they will really struggle.

We played ok. Mo's goal, Mane's disallowed "goal", Virgil's second & some really lovely touches. Most of all, we ground it out. Again.  But that's not sexy TV. Leeds almost knocking off the champions is a romantic story, so they ran that. Whatever. I'll settle for those plucky Chelsea, Arsenal etc. underdogs just losing out to boring 4-goal Liverpool all season to be honest.
"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6702 on: September 15, 2020, 07:14:55 am »
I like having Leeds in the league, much more interesting and fun to play them rather than a dull yo-yo team from London

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6703 on: September 15, 2020, 02:34:35 pm »
Gary Lineker agrees new five-year deal with a 23% reduction in pay to remain as BBC and Match of the Day host until 2025.

https://bbc.in/35H6vkL

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6704 on: September 15, 2020, 02:37:03 pm »
Gary Lineker agrees new five-year deal with a 23% reduction in pay to remain as BBC and Match of the Day host until 2025.

I think he’ll survive with the pay cut. He’ll be getting loads off BT also.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6705 on: September 15, 2020, 02:37:23 pm »
I'll take that any day over the terrifying rumours of Jenas being in line for it.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #6706 on: September 15, 2020, 02:41:37 pm »
I bet they will have massively reduced viewers while a lot the football is on TV and at different times/days to allow people to watch.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6707 on: September 15, 2020, 03:12:56 pm »

Those salaries are a disgrace.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6708 on: September 15, 2020, 05:43:08 pm »

Five more years of that smug obnoxious prick. Not fit to wipe the arse of Des Lynam.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6709 on: September 15, 2020, 05:57:11 pm »
Those salaries are a disgrace.

Vanessa Feltz is getting £405k a year :shocked

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6710 on: September 15, 2020, 06:02:04 pm »
Vanessa Feltz is getting £405k a year :shocked

You think custard grows on trees? (Not being mean, just referring to a much quoted magazine headline!).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:03:44 pm by BIG DICK NICK »

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6711 on: September 15, 2020, 06:12:33 pm »
You think custard grows on trees? (Not being mean, just referring to a much quoted magazine headline!).

No need to justify your comment Nicholas, that bitch is a fatty.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6712 on: September 15, 2020, 06:16:13 pm »
I wasn't going to say anything but you know, now that amir has mentioned it...

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6713 on: September 15, 2020, 07:44:28 pm »
Alan Shearer is the most shocking on that top 10

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6714 on: September 15, 2020, 08:16:36 pm »
Alan Shearer is the most shocking on that top 10

A regional radio presenter seems just as shocking to be honest, but Shearer being on that much does seem odd, it's not like he is even on motd every week is he?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #6715 on: September 15, 2020, 08:49:34 pm »
A regional radio presenter seems just as shocking to be honest, but Shearer being on that much does seem odd, it's not like he is even on motd every week is he?

He does do 5 Live stuff too.

But still, just assuming that’s what he’s paid to to MOTD that’s over £10k a show. Nice work.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #6716 on: September 19, 2020, 10:41:15 pm »
Jennas and Murphy tonight. Murphy will have kittens when reviewing that Utd penalty
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6717 on: September 19, 2020, 10:49:38 pm »
Jennas and Murphy tonight. Murphy will have kittens when reviewing that Utd penalty

I didn't watch the game earlier, I cannot wait to see these two bellends reactions in about 2 minutes
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #6718 on: September 19, 2020, 10:51:25 pm »
"If you follow the rules, but..."
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6719 on: September 19, 2020, 10:52:38 pm »
"If you follow the rules, but..."

1 inch off the line, it was a yard you fucking Hobbit
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA