Author Topic: LFC Bulk Sales for the 2nd half of the 2017/18 season *dates confirmed*  (Read 36940 times)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC Bulk Sales for the 2nd half of the 2017/18 season *dates confirmed*
« Reply #400 on: November 16, 2017, 06:41:48 pm »
This system just stinks. What makes it so unfair is that you either get every game or nothing at all, so too many supporters are left with no tickets for large parts of the season. It would be much fairer if you pre-registered the games that you were interested in attending, and then there was a ballot for each game instead of these ridiculous general Members’ sales. At least then you’d have a decent chance of having one or two games to look forward to instead of nothing at all. So pissed off with the way our club is run.

Been done to death, but if they could accurately record those supporters who actually attend each game then I'm sure the pre req of 13 would drop. Purchasing 17 games on your card and passing 14 of them to mates means you'd still keep the priority next season. Not the way it should work but it does and those that play the game know how it works.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: November 16, 2017, 06:53:08 pm »
Been done to death, but if they could accurately record those supporters who actually attend each game then I'm sure the pre req of 13 would drop. Purchasing 17 games on your card and passing 14 of them to mates means you'd still keep the priority next season. Not the way it should work but it does and those that play the game know how it works.
I have played the game since 2004 when all this started. The problem with the current system is that if you drop your loyalty level it makes future sales very difficult. So there isn't really any other option. Same with away games in all competitions. I don't even do it so I can go the big games. I have had seasons where I haven't been to a single category A match at Anfield, but if I want to go to West Brom or Stoke or whoever at Anfield the same principle applies. I don't want to drop to a free for all sale and all the ballache that entails, and then having to constantly check late sales if no luck.

Loyalty should be rewarded, but the closed shop nature of all our ticketing is concerning, hard for some people to get a chance. A new balance perhaps needs to be found. Where that balance lies, I am not entirely sure.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: November 16, 2017, 07:00:00 pm »
I have played the game since 2004 when all this started. The problem with the current system is that if you drop your loyalty level it makes future sales very difficult. So there isn't really any other option. Same with away games in all competitions. I don't even do it so I can go the big games. I have had seasons where I haven't been to a single category A match at Anfield, but if I want to go to West Brom or Stoke or whoever at Anfield the same principle applies. I don't want to drop to a free for all sale and all the ballache that entails, and then having to constantly check late sales if no luck.

Loyalty should be rewarded, but the closed shop nature of all our ticketing is concerning, hard for some people to get a chance. A new balance perhaps needs to be found. Where that balance lies, I am not entirely sure.

Not complaining about it at all. I've had to do it for league cup aways sometimes because if I dropped off the ladder I'd never get back on it

If the club were actually arsed about changing it then I'm sure it'd be easier to get home tickets though

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: November 16, 2017, 07:03:27 pm »
Not complaining about it at all. I've had to do it for league cup aways sometimes because if I dropped off the ladder I'd never get back on it

If the club were actually arsed about changing it then I'm sure it'd be easier to get home tickets though
I know you're not complaining. Apparently this is the last time they will sell this way. Will be interesting to see what changes come in next season, if any

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: November 16, 2017, 07:43:00 pm »
I know you're not complaining. Apparently this is the last time they will sell this way. Will be interesting to see what changes come in next season, if any

Inside info here:
They are going back to paper tickets. All members have to personally  get to Anfield and get in a huge crystal maze like dome. Peter Moore will then shout "Start the fans please!". And it will be a mad scramble to get a ticket in the wind turbine, stuffing them down your bills.
Be warned though there are some Goodison home tickets mixed in and you have to attend that match if you get one of those.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #405 on: November 16, 2017, 08:03:47 pm »
Inside info here:
They are going back to paper tickets. All members have to personally  get to Anfield and get in a huge crystal maze like dome. Peter Moore will then shout "Start the fans please!". And it will be a mad scramble to get a ticket in the wind turbine, stuffing them down your bills.
Be warned though there are some Goodison home tickets mixed in and you have to attend that match if you get one of those.
:lmao
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #406 on: November 16, 2017, 08:06:12 pm »
Inside info here:

Sounds easier than some of the bulk sales to be honest. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2017, 09:29:17 pm »
Purchasing 17 games on your card and passing 14 of them to mates means you'd still keep the priority next season. Not the way it should work but it does and those that play the game know how it works.

This is true. I'm guilty of it. Of the 4 cards I have, the 4 of us will go to about 15-20 games out of 76 available.

I do not and never will buy for credits however. I only buy for people that want tickets.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #408 on: November 16, 2017, 10:21:29 pm »
This is true. I'm guilty of it. Of the 4 cards I have, the 4 of us will go to about 15-20 games out of 76 available.

I do not and never will buy for credits however. I only buy for people that want tickets.

This is the entire problem.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: November 16, 2017, 11:07:49 pm »
This is the entire problem.

The entire problem? I think you're stretching it a bit there.
I get tickets for the same core group of people every window. Would us all having 1 card each and getting games on those cards make any difference?

4 tickets per game out of 54000 in attendance. How do you come to the conclusion that this is "The entire problem"  :lmao

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: November 17, 2017, 11:06:20 am »
The entire problem? I think you're stretching it a bit there.
I get tickets for the same core group of people every window. Would us all having 1 card each and getting games on those cards make any difference?

4 tickets per game out of 54000 in attendance. How do you come to the conclusion that this is "The entire problem"  :lmao

Because there are hundreds doing the same, and running their own private touting cabals.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #411 on: November 18, 2017, 10:48:44 am »
How is sharing tickets among mates at face value a touting cabal though? It's an understandable reaction to the system as it currently exists.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: November 18, 2017, 12:39:31 pm »
How is sharing tickets among mates at face value a touting cabal though? It's an understandable reaction to the system as it currently exists.

Ok, maybe it's not touting if it's at face value, but it is definitely a cabal. Many people (not B@rneylfc I might add, just to be clear) are touting their tickets though.

I was lucky enough to get tickets in the summer sale and so have had tickets for all home games except the Cat As so far this season, but my bad luck this week leaves me with nothing for the rest of the season. Due to the nature of my work, I cannot check frequently for individual sales either, so I'm left feeding on scraps and relying on exchanges for the rest of the season. I have no chance of ever reaching 13 games with the system as it stands. I am a committed supporter and would like to attend every game, yet there are people who cherry pick their games, sell on the rest, yet are credited with supposed "loyalty". This really gets my goat.

The only way to make it fair would be for members to register all the games they would like to attend at the start of the season, and then for a ballot to be held for each game. Yes, you may have 8000 people applying for 5000 tickets for most games, but at least this would mean that if you applied for them all, you would be likely to have 5/8 of the games spread throughout the season rather than finding yourself in a situation where, effectively the club have cut you off for the entire second half of the season.

People who are currently lucky enough to have a divine right to 19 games a season would obviously object due to their own self-interest.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:48:29 pm by ۩ Imperator ۩ »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:25 pm »
A lot of us have got to 19 credits through sheer hard work, it is doable for those that want to put the effort in.  Would hate to see a situation where you can sign up for a membership and simply enter a ballot (Utd style) though I appreciate that there are some who genuinely can't get online for some of the sales.  Even so there is always mates, the wife, the mother-in-law or whoever who can log on and have a stab at tickets.  There are plenty of tickets for the lesser games available through several sales, so those that want to get to at least 4 credits and get on the priority sale for the bigger games should have no problem in doing so.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 09:03:28 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #414 on: November 19, 2017, 10:29:04 am »
A divine right to 19 games, you are joking right.
I put in countless hours last season trying to get 2 tickets for the Burnley game and only managed it a few day's before the game.
We have put the time and effort in year after year, taken time off work to buy tickets and go to the game etc and anyone who has an LFC membership can do exactly the same if they can be bothered.

Sent from my BTV-W09 using Tapatalk

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #415 on: November 19, 2017, 10:40:32 am »
Getting to 19 is easy. 1st season i got 4. 2nd 8. 3rd 14 then 4th 19 and same every year since.

If i can do it anyone can.

You will have to take singles and restricted view seats but it is doable

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: November 19, 2017, 12:22:21 pm »
A divine right to 19 games, you are joking right.
I put in countless hours last season trying to get 2 tickets for the Burnley game and only managed it a few day's before the game.
We have put the time and effort in year after year, taken time off work to buy tickets and go to the game etc and anyone who has an LFC membership can do exactly the same if they can be bothered.

I would take time off work if I could. Teachers don’t have that flexibility. Nor do many other professions. Which raises another question - why do they have to have the sales on weekdays in working hours? What’s wrong with 10am on a Sunday?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: November 19, 2017, 12:24:24 pm »
I would take time off work if I could. Teachers don’t have that flexibility. Nor do many other professions. Which raises another question - why do they have to have the sales on weekdays in working hours? What’s wrong with 10am on a Sunday?

Fuck that. No way am I getting up at that time with a hangover  :P

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #418 on: November 19, 2017, 12:27:50 pm »
I appreciate that not everyone can take time off work but I have got around at times by getting friends or family to try for me.
I work in a school myself and I was all set up in the ict suite at 8:15 [emoji16]

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: November 19, 2017, 12:39:13 pm »
I appreciate that not everyone can take time off work but I have got around at times by getting friends or family to try for me.
I work in a school myself and I was all set up in the ict suite at 8:15 [emoji16]

Disciplinary offence in my school. I can only use my phone hidden in my desk drawer.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: November 19, 2017, 12:47:12 pm »
The club could also help by giving more notice for the sales. The fixtures are released in June. No reason why it should take more than 48 hours to organise ticket sales and announce it a month in advance.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #421 on: November 19, 2017, 02:25:13 pm »
the club need to know how many people renew their memberships before annoncing the sales so they can say if its 13 games credits or different.
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #422 on: November 19, 2017, 02:37:25 pm »
the club need to know how many people renew their memberships before annoncing the sales so they can say if its 13 games credits or different.

Yeah thats true, but they can still annonce the dates for sales. That way people can plan around that..

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: November 19, 2017, 02:41:55 pm »

I'm not sure that's true. They announce it 10-14 days in advance. The deadline for renewing memberships is midnight on the Sunday before the sales start isn't it?

This summer for example they announced the sale criteria and dates on 30th June. Deadline for renewing was midnight on July 9th. First bulk sale was July 11th.

I'd imagine the decision on how many credits for the first bulk sale is based on how many qualify from the season prior, rather than how many have renewed.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:44:59 pm by B@rneylfc »

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: November 19, 2017, 11:24:00 pm »
"Liverpool Football Club appreciates that Members need to plan ahead so that they can take part in Members' sales.  For that reason, Members should note that the bulk sales will take place in the weeks of July and November each year in which the second Mondays fall."

There.  Wouldn't be that hard to put out something like this, would it?

Online Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: November 20, 2017, 06:48:05 am »
The 14 days return policy also comes in to play here. Its good for the supporters that actually can't go on short notice, but makes the bulk buying/passing on much easier..

Now with the 2nd round done and people count their credits, swansea/leicester will see a huge amount of tickets being returned..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #426 on: November 20, 2017, 07:01:38 am »
The 14 days return policy also comes in to play here. Its good for the supporters that actually can't go on short notice, but makes the bulk buying/passing on much easier..

Now with the 2nd round done and people count their credits, swansea/leicester will see a huge amount of tickets being returned..

And that highlights the very real problem with all ticketing issues which is constructing rules and regulations for that cant be taken advantage of either for practical or nefarious reasons.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.