Author Topic: The Kazimier Garden  (Read 2580 times)

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Kazimier Garden
« on: August 30, 2017, 03:37:37 pm »
Fucking hell.

Walked past a couple of months ago and couldn't believe how the surrounding developments have turned a quaint urban sun trap into a dark alley towered over by cheap concrete monsters.

This is more a rant at that c*nt Elliot who is throwing cheap shite student blocks up all over our city not giving a shit about what we lose as a result of the £££ flashing before his eyes. Cheap being the operative because these things wont last, might make big fat Joe a few quid in the interim but it won't take long for them to be an absolute mess.

Here's hoping more of our favourite spots aren't ruined any further. I'm glad the garden is still alive and kicking, just a shame it'll never be what it was.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
Re: The Kazimier Garden
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 05:24:43 pm »
Well said, was only thinking this the other day when I walked past. Shameful really
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 05:40:20 pm »
I sat in the upstairs area the last time and it reeked off piss from the unisex toilets that are below.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 07:51:53 pm »
I really struggle not to cry walking down Seel Street these days.  Seems to me every time a bit of alternative culture pops up in the city some fucking developer says, "Oh, that looks interesting!  I want in on some of that!"  They they buy the place up, flatten it and build flats and bland bars.  :butt

I really hope Cains isn't targeted.  I've pinned a lot of hopes on Red Brick Vintage.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2017, 10:23:17 am »
I really struggle not to cry walking down Seel Street these days.  Seems to me every time a bit of alternative culture pops up in the city some fucking developer says, "Oh, that looks interesting!  I want in on some of that!"  They they buy the place up, flatten it and build flats and bland bars.  :butt

I really hope Cains isn't targeted.  I've pinned a lot of hopes on Red Brick Vintage.

They've got planning permission for flats on Cains mate. Just a matter of time.

There was a couple of reasons why it's not gone yet that I forget but the main one that the owner is loaded.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2017, 07:03:05 pm »
FFS...  well surely the building itself is listed?  I see a lot of building work going on in there - there's room for flats and the vintage market that's sprung up.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #6 on: September 2, 2017, 09:44:01 pm »
Massive shame... had some amazing times with friends there before concrete ruined the vibe. Liverpool doesn't much develop in the organic, happy wants I want it to, and this is an example  :-\

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 2, 2017, 10:29:50 pm »
Fucking hell.

Walked past a couple of months ago and couldn't believe how the surrounding developments have turned a quaint urban sun trap into a dark alley towered over by cheap concrete monsters.

This is more a rant at that c*nt Elliot who is throwing cheap shite student blocks up all over our city not giving a shit about what we lose as a result of the £££ flashing before his eyes. Cheap being the operative because these things wont last, might make big fat Joe a few quid in the interim but it won't take long for them to be an absolute mess.

Here's hoping more of our favourite spots aren't ruined any further. I'm glad the garden is still alive and kicking, just a shame it'll never be what it was.
Do you know him?

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 4, 2017, 10:32:15 pm »
Its depressing alright.

Was in there a couple of weeks ago - lovely sunny weekday afternoon. Unfortunately now its so penned in by multi storey monstrosities that it was dark and actually quite cold in there.

Absolutely shameful.

And don't get me started about that fucking thing they're throwing up next to the Vines, or the "gentrification" of Wolstenholme Square.

Twats.

Must be descendants of the post Luftwaffe town planners who fucked the place up in the 50s and 60s. First obliterate the interesting buldings, then carefully remove the soul.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 5, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 5, 2017, 03:00:48 pm »

Must be descendants of the post Luftwaffe town planners who fucked the place up in the 50s and 60s. First obliterate the interesting buldings, then carefully remove the soul.

They don't need the town planners when the $$$ are rolling. Developers and joe Anderson to blame. It's no coincidence all these things are getting through the planning process so quickly