Author Topic: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April  (Read 170881 times)

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
Re: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« Reply #760 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:06 pm »
All I can add to this thread, is the words of Peter Jones, for me and many others - "...and the sun shines now".

Here comes the sun (doo doo doo),
Here comes the sun,
And I say,
"It's all right."

Been singing it to myself since I heard the news this morning.

Offline iAnfieldRoad

• Legacy Fan
  • JUSTICE IS COMING
« Reply #761 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:11 pm »
JUSTICE at long last but why did it have to take 27 years to get it that i will never understand.We can now only hope that those responsible are held accountable for their actions.JFT 96
Justice for the 97
You`ll never walk alone

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:22 pm »
Scum's put a comment up.  Here's the link (not their pages so they'll get no hits for it) so it's up to you if you want to read it. (Via Nick Sutton on Twitter @suttonnick)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ChABcUpW0AEe7b2.jpg:large
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #763 on: April 26, 2016, 11:13:27 pm »
Enjoyed reading snippets from Billy today.....anyway, great stuff and no finer time to give one of his songs an airing.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6uWw7kuiCss&amp;ab_channel=PaulWhite" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6uWw7kuiCss&amp;ab_channel=PaulWhite</a>
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:14:59 pm by CHOPPERS »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #764 on: April 26, 2016, 11:14:07 pm »
The Times front page story  tomorrow.  :wanker

But the Times in Ireland does.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #765 on: April 26, 2016, 11:14:45 pm »
Well done Newsnight for calling out the Sun & the Times
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #766 on: April 26, 2016, 11:15:30 pm »
Scum's put a comment up.  Here's the link (not their pages so they'll get no hits for it) so it's up to you if you want to read it. (Via Nick Sutton on Twitter @suttonnick)

I read it and fuck em.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #767 on: April 26, 2016, 11:17:49 pm »
Indeed. Touching and classy.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #768 on: April 26, 2016, 11:19:22 pm »

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #769 on: April 26, 2016, 11:19:49 pm »
So tomorrows front page headlines all cover the Hillsborough verdict bar that shitty paper and The Times. So both Murdoch papers.

Heck The New York Times has it on their front page for fuck sakes.

Its even on the main news page of my local news.  In Tucson, Arizona.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: April 26, 2016, 11:22:27 pm »
How The S*n blackmailed a Hillsborough family they would publish a photo of their son dying. And did anywa

Offline andywilko

• Anny Roader
  • Thank You
« Reply #771 on: April 26, 2016, 11:22:57 pm »
For 27 years, the Police, supported by a succession of Prime Ministers, Home Secretaries, Judges, Newspaper Editors and the full might of the British Establishment has lied, intimidated, obfuscated and lied again to hide what we all knew was the truth. Today, an incredibly brave and truly heroic group of ordinary people, dealing with unimaginable loss, have done something extraordinary. They did it for their sons and daughters, their fathers, mothers and brothers. They don't know me, but for what they have done for me, I owe them a debt I can never repay. JFT96. YNWA.
And with such simplicity,
The European Cup, surely, is won.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #772 on: April 26, 2016, 11:23:29 pm »
Have to say I think that was a really fucking daft move from The Times. Feel for Tony Barrett.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: April 26, 2016, 11:25:19 pm »
Absolutely contemptible behaviour by both papers. Expected of the rag but disgusting from The Times.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: April 26, 2016, 11:26:03 pm »

Notice how they try to cover their backs with that comment "But the police smeared them with a pack of lies which in 1989 The Sun and others in the media swallowed whole"

Fuck off. c*nts
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: April 26, 2016, 11:26:24 pm »

Big massive heartfelt apology that, isn't it!

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #776 on: April 26, 2016, 11:26:48 pm »

No doubt the News of the World would have followed the same line (if it were a Sunday), the common factor being Jerry Hall's new husband, The Sun remains where it always was and the Times can stay behind it's Paywall
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: April 26, 2016, 11:29:21 pm »
Not reading the Times ever again.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: April 26, 2016, 11:31:07 pm »
Have to say I think that was a really fucking daft move from The Times. Feel for Tony Barrett.

He's not happy either .

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/725076412936376320

@TonyBarretTimes

Unbelievable.
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: April 26, 2016, 11:32:23 pm »
Its even on the main news page of my local news.  In Tucson, Arizona.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/

There's also a link to it on Australias main paper online, The Herald Sun
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: April 26, 2016, 11:34:50 pm »
St George's Hall tonight - beautiful .

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: April 26, 2016, 11:35:15 pm »
How The S*n blackmailed a Hillsborough family they would publish a photo of their son dying. And did anywa

Ohh my good God     :(

Those insufferable bastards make me sick to my very core.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #782 on: April 26, 2016, 11:36:44 pm »
He's not happy either .

https://twitter.com/TonyBarretTimes/status/725076412936376320

@TonyBarretTimes

Unbelievable.

Nor is Ben Smith, former employee.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: April 26, 2016, 11:40:44 pm »
Twenty seven years. The families didn't give up. Everything stacked against them. Let everyone be humbled by them and all those that campaigned alongside them. They are an inspiration.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #784 on: April 26, 2016, 11:41:43 pm »
So many affected for so long, today is a landmark on an epic scale, considering the lies, cover ups and smearing of this great city.

By a quirk of fate, I didn't go on that fateful day, but the mate who did was profoundly affected by what he witnessed and was fortunate to escape from.

Too many years have passed for this day and I want to say thanks to so many who have continued this fight to the point today and hopefully leads to accountability in a courtroom for Duckenfiield in particular.

Others have articulated far better than me, but the feeling of relief and pride hasn't left me since just after 11 this morning.

JFT96
YNWA
t
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline banksybanks

• Legacy Fan
  • Oranges and cigarettes
« Reply #785 on: April 26, 2016, 11:43:46 pm »
What a day. Momentous verdicts delivered. Someone in work asked me what this meant; will they be after compo? No, I said. Vindication. That's it. The rest can come later.

I'm not from Liverpool, wasn't there that day (I was actually a 10yr old attending an FA Trophy semi final), but that day has stuck with me for 27 years, and always will. Ever since I was old enough to understand, I've known the truth. I've donated, protested, signed petitions, sung songs, held mosaics so many times.

Today feels weird. Like the lifting of a weight; something I've been involved in only by association and empathy. And then there's anger, disgust, dismay, a feeling of betrayal that those paid to protect us, those in office because we voted for them, their wages paid by us, have spent decades blaming innocent victims for their failings. Tarnishing the reputation of a city and bereaved families - many not even from Liverpool, all to protect themselves.

Above all though, admiration for the people that never gave up. I feel shattered, and I've experienced a tiny percentage of what they have.

Like the judge said today, you've done your families - and your city - proud

JFT96
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 11:47:16 pm by banksybanks »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #786 on: April 26, 2016, 11:44:39 pm »
Why have a bloke from the rag on sky papers to review them today.

Saying how the rag keeps saying sorry.

They did say to him so why isn't it on the front page today.

Offline Davo-g

• Kemlynite
« Reply #787 on: April 26, 2016, 11:45:57 pm »
You know a part of me actually believed that ALL media papers would have the Justice story (which is massive around the world) on the front pages. Then Newsnight!!!! But hey i guess I just still don't get the sly manipulative scum bag shite hawks that run the times and the scum news papers. Maybe they think "SHHHHH, IF WE DONT PRINT IT NONE OF OUR FUCK-WIT READERS WILL KNOW"..
I echo what someone said here about we expect it of the scum, but the times???. I suppose just an upper shit bag tory news rag... Basically both only to be used for (i was going to say wiping your arse, but i wouldn't), recycling into something good.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: April 26, 2016, 11:56:18 pm »
Shame, I liked The Times. Won't be buying it again.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: April 27, 2016, 12:01:17 am »

Disgusting c*nts.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #790 on: April 27, 2016, 12:04:30 am »
Screw the Times and Murdoch

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #791 on: April 27, 2016, 12:05:12 am »
Why have a bloke from the rag on sky papers to review them today.

Saying how the rag keeps saying sorry.

They did say to him so why isn't it on the front page today.

Sky, The Times and The S*n have one thing major thing in common mate.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #792 on: April 27, 2016, 12:05:25 am »
Shame, I liked The Times. Won't be buying it again.

Like SKY it has been owned by Murdoch since 1981, simply a bigger version of the other shit rag.  Reds should avoid all of these

Don't buy any of his filth including SKY, watch on streams or get KODI etc - there are many ways of watching the game without further supporting pure evil for fuck sake, do a bit of research
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #793 on: April 27, 2016, 12:07:00 am »
Twenty seven years. The families didn't give up. Everything stacked against them. Let everyone be humbled by them and all those that campaigned alongside them. They are an inspiration.

Truly an inspiration for people around the world.
The people of Liverpool never quit, they never slowed, they never buckled. The stood up against the Police, the media, the Government. All the whilst, their loved ones that had passed on during that fateful day, as well as the people of Liverpool, were being smeared and tarnished.
27 years. That's as long as Mandela was in prison.

Certain media outlets can choose to minimise the amazing news of today, but that amounts to plugging a leaking dyke with a finger. The story and journey for the  JFT96, is inspirational, and it's already spread, and will continue to do so.

And I hope that one of the legacies of the JFT96 is that it serves as a poignant reminder of how justice, and human rights, are sadly not always a guarantee. And there may be moments that we have to wrestle back and fight for our own rights.

I've been ringing up everyone I know and telling them of the enormity of this day and the outcome, and the wonderful example of struggle against odds.
The city of Liverpool has always been more than a city of two clubs. Now the legacy of the JFT96 is truly entrenched within it.
There's still some ways to go, but with this decision, hopefully the families of the bereaved, the people of the City, can start to have some closure.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: April 27, 2016, 12:08:28 am »
Am absolutely staggered at the front page of The Times. I very rarely buy it, only when others have sold out, but not again. Disgraceful.

My thoughts are of course with everyone involved at Hillsborough and with those that kept on fighting. An excellent statement from RAWK too. Well done to all on that.

Twenty Seven Years. Justice.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: April 27, 2016, 12:10:13 am »
Nor is Ben Smith, former employee.
seems to imply that it would have been Murdochs call

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #796 on: April 27, 2016, 12:22:16 am »
The list of heroes like Trevor, Margaret, Anne and the families and relentless campaigners, Phil Scratton, James Jones and the HIP, Burnham, Rotherham is long as is the list of those culpable

Bettison
Duckenfield
Murray
Popper
Stuart-Smith
Straw
Blair
Thatcher
Mackenzie
Hunt
Cameron
Ingham
Those individuals who represent the culpable or refuse to denigrate their predecessors - SY Ambulance, SY plod, West Midland Plod, IPCC, home office

Plus those in the media who perpetuated the lie through ignorance and/or complicity

If the law don't get you, karma will

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: April 27, 2016, 12:30:51 am »
Like SKY it has been owned by Murdoch since 1981, simply a bigger version of the other shit rag.  Reds should avoid all of these

Don't buy any of his filth including SKY, watch on streams or get KODI etc - there are many ways of watching the game without further supporting pure evil for fuck sake, do a bit of research
I've always considered them fairly unbiased, however this is blatant censorship to protect the interests of the other paper. It's of no surprise to me that they would rather attempt to maintain their reputation than do the decent thing and apologise.

It hasn't worked though, they are the highest trending topic on Twitter and people are condoning them left right and centre for their actions. Hopefully they experience a permanent sharp decline in sales from tomorrow morning off the back of this.

That's enough on it anyway. I won't waste any more time thinking about it, I'll just avoid it like I do with the rag.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: April 27, 2016, 12:33:05 am »
Liverpool's greatest ever victory.

"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #799 on: April 27, 2016, 12:35:54 am »
I've always considered them fairly unbiased, however this is blatant censorship to protect the interests of the other paper. It's of no surprise to me that they would rather attempt to maintain their reputation than do the decent thing and apologise.

It hasn't worked though, they are the highest trending topic on Twitter and people are condoning them left right and centre for their actions. Hopefully they experience a permanent sharp decline in sales from tomorrow morning off the back of this.

Twatter aside, those who know, know and don't buy the shit, doubt there will be any decline.  Along with Sky, no red should read, buy or support any news international or its associated affiliates