Author Topic: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)  (Read 999574 times)

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
Re: Welcome Darwin Núñez !!!
« Reply #4920 on: December 23, 2022, 10:04:50 am »
Why wait?
A goal every other game all from open play, constant threat every time he steps on the pitch and one of our players of the season so far - you can already collect

Its an easy bet to be honest.

Mr Cormack will complain half a season is not enough of a sample to qualify him a 'success', so lets wait till May.  ;D
Phuk yoo

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4921 on: December 23, 2022, 10:10:44 am »
Suarez always missed lots of good chances himself. He wasn't a natural finisher and couldn't finish until it all came together around 12/13 time. Cristiano Ronaldo another one who always missed easy chances but he got that many of them he'd always get his goal and failing that he'd fall down for a pen and score that way. Cavani the same.

Nunez is similar, he has the knack of getting a lot of chances and when he's in the groove he can go on a real run. Haaland is more of that Gerd Muller type poacher/natural goalscorer. Nunez isn't a Fowler in that sense but neither was Suarez.

Suarez really worked on his game and became lethal and that's why I'd love to see him work with Darwin. Fowler had it naturally and has said he can't teach it as he doesn't know what he does. The chances Darwin got last night, Luis would have hit across the ball and curled them into the far corner.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #4922 on: December 23, 2022, 10:21:10 am »
What's his ratio of goals and assists vs his expected G/A?  And how does that compare to others at the top end?

That's the difference between good players and elite ones. They will be difference makers in the biggest moments.

Appreciate he has scored some big goals for us already, but if Salah has the 4 chances he has then he is taking at least one of them.

No-one should write the guy off - it's his first season and he is still so raw, I'm sure there is much improvement to be made and more to come from him and I'm sure he will give us great moments this season to come but we went out of a cup competition last night. It was unfortunate most of the chances fell to him.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #4923 on: December 23, 2022, 10:22:08 am »
Its an easy bet to be honest.

Mr Cormack will complain half a season is not enough of a sample to qualify him a 'success', so lets wait till May.  ;D

Mr Cormack is clearly not a supporter of this great club.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4924 on: December 23, 2022, 10:22:34 am »
That's the difference between good players and elite ones. They will be difference makers in the biggest moments.

Appreciate he has scored some big goals for us already, but if Salah has the 4 chances he has then he is taking at least one of them.

No-one should write the guy off - it's his first season and he is still so raw, I'm sure there is much improvement to be made and more to come from him and I'm sure he will give us great moments this season to come but we went out of a cup competition last night. It was unfortunate most of the chances fell to him.

He might do, but he might also miss them. Just go through his thread and you'll see plenty of shouts about his terrible finishing and technique as well.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #4925 on: December 23, 2022, 10:25:56 am »
He brings to mind Suarez in his first season with us in that he was hitting the post and missing goals by narrow margins. Hopefully Nunez has a similar trajectory. That would be nice  :) :)

This is Aldridge on Suarez from October 2012.

Uruguayan Suarez has struggled to make the most of the chances that have come his way in front of goal this season and the club's former hero suspects that story is set to continue.

"He is not a natural goalscorer and cannot turn himself into one," said Aldridge in Ireland's Sunday World newspaper. "I remain a huge fan of Suarez and believe he is close to being a world class footballer in many respects, yet he will never be classed among the game's true greats as he has a major problem when it comes to the most important part of this game - sticking the ball in the back of the net.

"He snatches at everything in front of goal, tries to hit the ball to hard and often panics when he is presented with a keeper and that nice big goal frame to aim at. You have either got it or you haven't when it comes to penalty box poaching and sadly for Liverpool, Suarez falls into the latter category.“

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4926 on: December 23, 2022, 10:28:02 am »

Or he does what he did v Bournemouth and puts on one of the worst displays of finishing you'll ever see. It happens.

Whining about him when he got a brilliant assist and we scored 2 is absolutely bizarre. Scoring goals wasn't our problem last night.

Wonder if City fans had wrote Haaland off as until that goal last night he'd missed sitter after sitter v us.

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4927 on: December 23, 2022, 10:28:38 am »
Suarez really worked on his game and became lethal and that's why I'd love to see him work with Darwin. Fowler had it naturally and has said he can't teach it as he doesn't know what he does. The chances Darwin got last night, Luis would have hit across the ball and curled them into the far corner.
Definitely, I remember thinking Suarez lacked shooting power when he first started here, but he ended up one of the most lethal forwards the game has seen.

Offline Gerard00

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4928 on: December 23, 2022, 10:29:03 am »
I know Salah hit the ground running for us and broke records in his first season but people seem to forget how many he missed that season.

If his finishing was on point in that 17/18 season he could have scored another 20 in all comps.

Seemed to miss 1 or 2 sitters every week.

Darwin's going to be fine.

I agree. I remember Salah and Mane not being able to find the net at times early on. The problem is that fine won't be good enough with the competition we're facing.

I hate reading and bringing up the lazy 'Mane replacement' stuff ... however he was our big money signing when 3 attackers left in the summer - so regardless of how people dress it up there is an onus on him as an attacker to provide goals and take opportunities in the big games. If he wasn't getting chances its easy to excuse it but when he has 3 pretty clear chances inside the box and doesn't get on the score sheet its never going to be anything other than disappointing. The positive is that he's getting the chances.

He'll be given time and personally i'm not hedging my bets - I think he'll come good and lead the line for a few years but his finishing has to improve!

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4929 on: December 23, 2022, 10:32:10 am »

Uruguayan Suarez has struggled to make the most of the chances that have come his way in front of goal this season and the club's former hero suspects that story is set to continue.

"He is not a natural goalscorer and cannot turn himself into one," said Aldridge in Ireland's Sunday World newspaper. "I remain a huge fan of Suarez and believe he is close to being a world class footballer in many respects, yet he will never be classed among the game's true greats as he has a major problem when it comes to the most important part of this game - sticking the ball in the back of the net.

"He snatches at everything in front of goal, tries to hit the ball to hard and often panics when he is presented with a keeper and that nice big goal frame to aim at. You have either got it or you haven't when it comes to penalty box poaching and sadly for Liverpool, Suarez falls into the latter category.“
That settles it, Nunez is going to be the GOAT!

He will be fine, if he can work on his finishing like Suarez did, Nunez is going to be one hell of a player.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4930 on: December 23, 2022, 10:41:24 am »
Definitely, I remember thinking Suarez lacked shooting power when he first started here, but he ended up one of the most lethal forwards the game has seen.

The one's who have to learn it themselves are the best to learn from. My youngest has a natural talent, but no confidence in himself and he does stuff I could never do, but he says "anyone can do that" and if I say "show me how to do it", he can't, cos he thinks it's easy and I should be able to do it.

There's a couple here where he hits across the ball

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Pkm7-valal8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Pkm7-valal8</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4931 on: December 23, 2022, 10:48:29 am »
Not worried at all. He will score plenty. Great threat for us

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4932 on: December 23, 2022, 11:05:51 am »

Great quotes - proving yet again that most players that reach a high level know/understand very little about what causes them to be high level

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #4933 on: December 23, 2022, 11:24:39 am »
I don’t understand this. He’s scored 9 this season already. At 23 he’s scored around 1 in 2.

I don't think that contradicts what I said. Was a bit tongue in cheek anyway as scoring goals is obviously very difficult. When\if he starts making it look easy...

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #4934 on: December 23, 2022, 11:34:21 am »
he needs atleast 4 one on one chances to score 1 goal which is a slight worry in tight games

but, the crazy thing is, with his pace and movement he'll get them 4 chances every game as well, which is a shame because if he was a clinical finisher he'd be on crazy numbers already

still love the lad though, was secretely hoping he'd deck rodri on the Fabiniho challenge  ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 11:47:58 am by stevieG786 »

Offline joezydudek

• Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4935 on: December 23, 2022, 01:00:43 pm »
if Salah has the 4 chances he has then he is taking at least one of them.

There's been loads of occasions when Salah's missed a tonne of chances, very selective memory to think otherwise.
Frustrating that he had a bad day in front of goal, but if he keeps getting those chances he'll get plenty of goals, and he will do because he's electric.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4936 on: December 23, 2022, 01:02:02 pm »
I see Sky have tweeted a montage of his misses from last night captioned 'Darwin Nunez's hat-trick of misses last night ;D'.

Don't think any other player would get this treatment.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4937 on: December 23, 2022, 01:03:58 pm »
I see Sky have tweeted a montage of his misses from last night captioned 'Darwin Nunez's hat-trick of misses last night ;D'.

It's proper weird and even more annoying is loads of ours joined the bangwagon as you can see with this thread getting bumped every single time he misses a chance. It's bizarre, can't ever remember seeing a forward where the expecation is he must score every chance he gets even if it's a half chance.

The "creative" Antony doesn't have an assist yet and cost more but not a peep.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2022, 01:05:31 pm by DelTrotter »

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4938 on: December 23, 2022, 01:06:00 pm »
he needs atleast 4 one on one chances to score 1 goal which is a slight worry in tight games

but, the crazy thing is, with his pace and movement he'll get them 4 chances every game as well, which is a shame because if he was a clinical finisher he'd be on crazy numbers already

still love the lad though, was secretely hoping he'd deck rodri on the Fabiniho challenge  ;D
He's a bit of an enigma of a footballer. Capable of producing outrageous pieces of skill likes his volleys against Westham and Everton but at times he messes up the most basic things. I'd put it down to overthinking and a lack of confidence because he seems to make poor decisions when he has time to think.

He needs to back himself more and be more selfish in front of goal. You could see that he didn't fancy taking on that last chance himself because he opted to shoot when he realised that there was no pass on.

That said, his output is already elite for an attacker that doesn't take penalties. He also plays in a team that hasn't hit top gear. Benfica fans said that he started slow before exploding. The same thing happened during his stint in Spain. Maybe he's an introvert that needs time to adapt

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4939 on: December 23, 2022, 01:12:45 pm »

Thank fuck Amazon have the Villa game - hopefully we'll get McCoist on comms and he'd put the bellends right on Darwins quality.

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4940 on: December 23, 2022, 01:32:20 pm »

Worst miss of the game was Haaland ballooning a virtual open goal high and wide. No mention of that?

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4941 on: December 23, 2022, 01:41:53 pm »
Yes he should have done better with his chances, but it's not bad to get into those positions and add a great assist for Mo. If he was annonymous then it would be time to worry, but this guy is a danger to defences and I am confident that he will get a bagful of goals for us; a couple against Villa would be nice..

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4942 on: December 23, 2022, 02:10:27 pm »
He's a bit of an enigma of a footballer. Capable of producing outrageous pieces of skill likes his volleys against Westham and Everton but at times he messes up the most basic things. I'd put it down to overthinking and a lack of confidence because he seems to make poor decisions when he has time to think.

Suarez was just the same in his first 18 months here.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4943 on: December 23, 2022, 02:10:38 pm »
He is a menace and looks the type that will very rarely have a quiet game, very physically strong and stupidly quick to boot. Has to put those chances away but you just know he will bag a couple next game. Not worried about him at all

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4944 on: December 23, 2022, 02:11:03 pm »
Worst miss of the game was Haaland ballooning a virtual open goal high and wide. No mention of that?
Or the mention that other than a goal and one pass he was invisible while playing in the dominant team, I honestly wouldn't swap Darwin for Haaland.
When his confidence comes he's going to be unplayable, I f##king love him.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4945 on: December 23, 2022, 02:13:31 pm »
It's proper weird and even more annoying is loads of ours joined the bangwagon as you can see with this thread getting bumped every single time he misses a chance. It's bizarre, can't ever remember seeing a forward where the expecation is he must score every chance he gets even if it's a half chance.

The "creative" Antony doesn't have an assist yet and cost more but not a peep.

This site has become infested with misery porn addicts. One whopper was happy to bet that Nunez wouldn’t make it as a Liverpool player.

You’ll never walk alone, hey?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4946 on: December 23, 2022, 02:14:37 pm »
Sky has this weird vendetta against Darwin. Why? Because he plays for us?

I wonder if his English was good enough he'd be calling them out or not.  >:(

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4947 on: December 23, 2022, 02:16:00 pm »
This site has become infested with misery porn addicts. One whopper was happy to bet that Nunez wouldn’t make it as a Liverpool player.

Yup, the football threads are invariable full of miserable twats.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #4948 on: December 23, 2022, 02:26:01 pm »

You’ll never walk alone, hey?

Who the hell said that?
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4949 on: December 23, 2022, 02:27:13 pm »
Sky has this weird vendetta against Darwin. Why? Because he plays for us?

I wonder if his English was good enough he'd be calling them out or not.  >:(

God help him if he wins a dodgy pen for us, the media will be all over the 'dirty foreign diving cheat', just like they are with Mo.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline Elf Pistolero_7

• Relegated.
  • Kopite
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #4950 on: December 23, 2022, 02:27:28 pm »
I remember when Suarez arrived many peoples opinion of his finishing was exactly the same. That aged brilliantly didn’t it. 🙄
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that"

Bill Shankly. He made the people happy.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4951 on: December 23, 2022, 02:30:28 pm »
Who the hell said that?

I will have you a friendly bet he never makes it at Liverpool

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4952 on: December 23, 2022, 02:31:02 pm »

He gets a pass because he's hideous.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4953 on: December 23, 2022, 02:31:43 pm »

Wow, nothing like having a bit of faith in a new player  :butt

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4954 on: December 23, 2022, 02:38:59 pm »
Or the mention that other than a goal and one pass he was invisible while playing in the dominant team, I honestly wouldn't swap Darwin for Haaland.
When his confidence comes he's going to be unplayable, I f##king love him.

When Haaland got subbed, I'd actually forgotten he was playing.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #4955 on: December 23, 2022, 02:48:52 pm »
I expect Darwin will come good.

No one develops and moulds a forward like Jurgen Klopp. A handy reminder is Sadio Mané was streaky and inconsistent before he joined us. And Robert Lewandowski was a nobody before he joined Dortmund.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4956 on: December 23, 2022, 03:05:14 pm »
I expect Darwin will come good.

No one develops and moulds a forward like Jurgen Klopp. A handy reminder is Sadio Mané was streaky and inconsistent before he joined us. And Robert Lewandowski was a nobody before he joined Dortmund.
Hes already fine. Being compared to Haaland and Salah is unfair, since they are record breaking level strikers.
Nunez is already at a level of say Fernando Torres, and noone would call Torres a bad signing.

He will get better. In particular, I think he ought to be much better in the target play, with his back to the goal. Hes got the strength for it. Not that we want to use that option too much, but occasionally its great to have someone that can just protect the ball and win a free kick.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4957 on: December 23, 2022, 03:14:15 pm »
When Haaland got subbed, I'd actually forgotten he was playing.
Absolutely, caused our defence very little problems. Mahrez and Palmer were a constant problem and with Konate in he wouldn't have scored.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4958 on: December 23, 2022, 03:22:57 pm »
Our fans must be among the biggest shower of twats on the planet.

I don't often venture into the LFC board, but if the online response is 'support' then they can fuck off.

He did all the right things yesterday, got tremendous pace, strength and determination. On another day he could have had 4 or 5.

Great player. Fucker the fuckers.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: December 23, 2022, 03:36:07 pm »
Absolutely, caused our defence very little problems. Mahrez and Palmer were a constant problem and with Konate in he wouldn't have scored.

Compare that to Darwin who gave them problems all night.