Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226613 times)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #1960 on: January 29, 2020, 02:34:42 pm »
I think they should have two different types of hospitality - Corporate and Fan

Corporate you can just turn up with the ticket & you can gift the package to other people. Although you don't get a credit

Fan hospitality where you get a credit but you need to produce ID to prove that it's you who is attending.

That should stop all of the people who are buying up hospitality and then selling / raffling them on to get to 13 credits

There are no doubt genuine people who do use hospo for one or two games to get to the magic 13+ and actually use them. I know of someone that's done it for her son. But still. I've seen a lot of people raffling the past few seasons.
YNWA.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: January 29, 2020, 03:03:18 pm »
Surely one session per member ID rather than IP address is the way to deal with this. It would require pre-log in but that would get rid of the time wasters and the practice of firing 500,000 browsers at a time.

I said log in mate.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: January 29, 2020, 03:04:32 pm »
I think they should have two different types of hospitality - Corporate and Fan

Corporate you can just turn up with the ticket & you can gift the package to other people. Although you don't get a credit

Fan hospitality where you get a credit but you need to produce ID to prove that it's you who is attending.

That should stop all of the people who are buying up hospitality and then selling / raffling them on to get to 13 credits

They could also do that for the hospitality season tickets as they have access to aways.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1963 on: January 29, 2020, 04:11:53 pm »
I said log in mate.
In all fairness you did say one session per IP
YNWA

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: January 30, 2020, 08:04:04 am »
In all fairness you did say one session per IP

On that login!

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #1965 on: January 30, 2020, 12:06:44 pm »
That could have already happened for this season - the sale for Aston Villa was effectively a ballot in all but name!
Exactly there is a reasonable chance this has happened. I had 19 last season and so far 18 this season as missing Villa. I put on feedback that whether they stick with current system or move to ballot people in guaranteed should not be put into a ballot or all members sale for any games. As like this season you could be leaving someone with full credits out of the ground for a title winning match.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
There are only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1966 on: January 30, 2020, 12:38:26 pm »
I know us members on 19 are not guaranteed but the reality is for years and years with effort we’ve been able to maintain. And a bit of good luck.

That notification says...

Thanks for supporting LFC over the years.
From next year you will attend 3 less games because we care more for the new fans than you.
Warmest regards.
LFC.

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #1967 on: January 30, 2020, 01:04:56 pm »
I know us members on 19 are not guaranteed but the reality is for years and years with effort we’ve been able to maintain. And a bit of good luck.

That notification says...

Thanks for supporting LFC over the years.
From next year you will attend 3 less games because we care more for the new fans than you.
Warmest regards.
LFC.

13+ Would still be guaranteed all 19 games as per the original post.

The Club is exploring removing the ‘1st come 1st served’ sales for matches where the Club cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all that apply, and introducing a ballot process as the alternative.

Sales where Members are guaranteed a ticket based on the number of games recorded in the previous season would remain unchanged, ie. In 2019/20 the sales that were in place for Members with 13+ games.

How it would work

Those Members not guaranteed a ticket would be able register for the ballot for every game they wish to attend.
There would be two ballot registration periods, one for games to be played up to 31 December, the other for all remaining games until the end of the season.  Both registration periods would take place well in advance of each ticket sale, a minimum of 2 weeks prior.
In each registration period, there would be separate ballots for selected matches based on eligibility criteria , ie the 2019/20 sale in place to Members with 4+ games, and the sale in place to all Members.
Members would be randomly selected via an independent ballot process undertaken by Civica Election Services, (formerly Electoral Reform Services), who the Club used for last season’s cup final ticketing ballots.
Those successful in the ballots would be guaranteed a ticket.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #1968 on: January 30, 2020, 01:10:09 pm »

The Club is exploring removing the ‘1st come 1st served’ sales for matches where the Club cannot guarantee that tickets will be available to all that apply, and introducing a ballot process as the alternative.

Sales where Members are guaranteed a ticket based on the number of games recorded in the previous season would remain unchanged, ie. In 2019/20 the sales that were in place for Members with 13+ games.

How it would work

Those Members not guaranteed a ticket would be able register for the ballot for every game they wish to attend.
There would be two ballot registration periods, one for games to be played up to 31 December, the other for all remaining games until the end of the season.  Both registration periods would take place well in advance of each ticket sale, a minimum of 2 weeks prior.
In each registration period, there would be separate ballots for selected matches based on eligibility criteria , ie the 2019/20 sale in place to Members with 4+ games, and the sale in place to all Members.
Members would be randomly selected via an independent ballot process undertaken by Civica Election Services, (formerly Electoral Reform Services), who the Club used for last season’s cup final ticketing ballots.

13+ Sales remain unchanged. So currently 13 + only guarantees you a minimum of 16.

They never put newly promoted clubs in the 13+ sale, unless it’s the last fixture of the season. I assume the Norwich one was an anomaly this year.

So we would still have to enter ballots for 3 games. 

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: January 30, 2020, 01:10:48 pm »
I hate having to purchase tickets / apply for a ballot for games being played in December in July! If they want to help slightly cut down on the number of tickets getting passed on etc. they should stop putting tickets on sale in July for games played 5 months later. Wait until the TV Fixtures are confirmed and then a few more will only buy for games they are able to attend, instead of speculatively buying / applying for something they have not even the slightly idea of if they can go to.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: January 30, 2020, 01:12:05 pm »
I hate having to purchase tickets / apply for a ballot for games being played in December in July! If they want to help slightly cut down on the number of tickets getting passed on etc. they should stop putting tickets on sale in July for games played 5 months later. Wait until the TV Fixtures are confirmed and then a few more will only buy for games they are able to attend, instead of speculatively buying / applying for something they have not even the slightly idea of if they can go to.

Exactly put every game on sale 28 days before the match like the old postal applications.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Jonny_H

• aliday
  • Kopite
« Reply #1971 on: January 30, 2020, 01:23:11 pm »

How it would work

The problem is 13+ will not guarantee all tickets as it stands. This season it has only guaranteed 17.

[You may have an iPhone but you are still using the free version of Tapatalk and spamming us with that knowledge]
There are only two teams in liverpool, liverpool and liverpool reserves.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #1972 on: January 30, 2020, 01:23:29 pm »
As someone who attends every game regardless, I much prefer the current bulk sales instead of having to work 19 sales around my work commitments.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: January 30, 2020, 02:04:38 pm »
The problem is 13+ will not guarantee all tickets as it stands. This season it has only guaranteed 17.

Yeah this is what I was trying to say but I’d said 3 and yeah this year was 2.
The message to me is sorry you can’t go to 2 games next season.
That’s how I read it. For my situation.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: January 30, 2020, 02:44:21 pm »

Think that's how most of us on 19 read it.

Currently 1 in 12 chance of winning a ballot. Given under this system anybody can buy a membershipm, fill in a form and enter ballots. They'd have put in zero effort with the website and for that reason I would expect a massive increase in membership numbers and that 1 in 12 chance will probably rise to 1 in 15 or 1 in 20

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1975 on: January 30, 2020, 02:50:47 pm »

Agreed. We know now we can get those final 2 games but they are taking that away and saying you’re going into a prize draw for them instead with very slim odds of being successful

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1976 on: January 30, 2020, 03:00:17 pm »
Think that's how most of us on 19 read it.

Currently 1 in 12 chance of winning a ballot. Given under this system anybody can buy a membershipm, fill in a form and enter ballots. They'd have put in zero effort with the website and for that reason I would expect a massive increase in membership numbers and that 1 in 12 chance will probably rise to 1 in 15 or 1 in 20

People want something for nothing nowadays, that's the problem. I've seen this being discussed on FB and the general consensus is that the club should make it as easy as possible for them to apply and get tickets. God forbid you have to put some work in to build up loyalty.

All of us on 13+ are gonna be praying the first and last games of the season are newly promoted sides!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #1977 on: January 30, 2020, 03:05:42 pm »
People want something for nothing nowadays, that's the problem. I've seen this being discussed on FB and the general consensus is that the club should make it as easy as possible for them to apply and get tickets. God forbid you have to put some work in to build up loyalty.

All of us on 13+ are gonna be praying the first and last games of the season are newly promoted sides!

But by what your saying 'putting the work in' sometimes your job dictates how much work you can put in.

Someone on a computer all day or a flexiable job or no job can whereas a lorry driver for instance can't...

The drops off tickets atm are luck of the draw and more or less a ballot anyway, but only to those who are on the ticketing page at a specfic time of day when 10 tickets come up and then blame bots for taking them.

A ballot where your given a time frame to apply and an email to comfirm succesfull or not suits all.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1978 on: January 30, 2020, 03:32:11 pm »
But by what your saying 'putting the work in' sometimes your job dictates how much work you can put in.

Someone on a computer all day or a flexiable job or no job can whereas a lorry driver for instance can't...

The drops off tickets atm are luck of the draw and more or less a ballot anyway, but only to those who are on the ticketing page at a specfic time of day when 10 tickets come up and then blame bots for taking them.

A ballot where your given a time frame to apply and an email to comfirm succesfull or not suits all.

I'm just talking about the bulk sales, not the all-day refreshing, but I appreciate not everyone can be online at 8.15am either. But all clubs must have this issue, I know some start their sales at 9am, although I know some do sales on Saturdays too. There will always be people that sale times don't suit though. 8.15am isn't great for me either to be honest, I've had to take time off to sit and get them many times over the years - even worse are the random 11am or 2pm cup sales, but I still don't want a ballot for them. No way could I sit and do the constant refresh of the late sales. We used to have to queue outside the ground, imagine asking people to do that now!

I just feel like this ballot idea will massively lower everyone's chances. People think it sounds an easy solution for them now, until they find they are number 50,000 on the ticket waiting list! Maybe just the late drops should be a ballot, or just a specific number from the bulks? I know everyone wants the solution to be the one that suits them best though!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2020, 03:42:51 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #1979 on: February 3, 2020, 07:31:51 pm »
It's not your customer number which you use to login etc., but what exactly is this number? I've sourced a tout but I'm not sure if his facebook name is his real name too. Besides, his membership cards and season tickets might be in different names.
150-200 quids a ticket on most occasions unless it's something really rare and difficult to buy (like Atletico away - 500 pounds!), also selling Man Utd and sometimes other clubs.
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #1980 on: February 3, 2020, 09:03:15 pm »
It's not your customer number which you use to login etc., but what exactly is this number? I've sourced a tout but I'm not sure if his facebook name is his real name too. Besides, his membership cards and season tickets might be in different names.
150-200 quids a ticket on most occasions unless it's something really rare and difficult to buy (like Atletico away - 500 pounds!), also selling Man Utd and sometimes other clubs.

report it to the club

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline FranklyRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly a Red since Kennedy's goal Paris 1981...
« Reply #1982 on: February 5, 2020, 06:43:15 pm »
There must be quite some people selling their match tickets. Up here in The Netherlands there are more than 10 footballtravel agencies who sell trips. Loose tickets from > 300 Euros.
Not to forget only ticket agencies. And that is only my country. In 1994 I was one of the first 1000 member of the then first Int. Supporters Club. I just sent an e-mail/fax ... to the club if I could somehow buy a ticket and it was arranged in a day... well early days of the internet and my first time ever to Anfield. Nowadays it is hardly impossible to get tickets when you do not want to pay the inflated prices. 
"La ocasión hay que crearla, no esperar a que llegue"

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1983 on: February 5, 2020, 08:23:03 pm »
Hope you've passed on the details of these ticket agencies to the club :) The touting is on "an industrial scale" they said  >:(
We are a team of one half.

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1984 on: February 6, 2020, 09:32:36 am »
Dawson Travel in Ireland selling one day trip including ticket for Chelsea in May for €2800!!!!

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1985 on: February 6, 2020, 09:48:09 am »
Dawson Travel in Ireland selling one day trip including ticket for Chelsea in May for €2800!!!!

Surely this is illegal?
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: February 6, 2020, 09:59:41 am »
Surely this is illegal?

not really say its a dugout ticket (which are legal to transferred) he can argue its face value or a gift and the charge is for the accomodation and flight

Offline fowler_dk

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1987 on: February 6, 2020, 11:24:56 am »
Hope you've passed on the details of these ticket agencies to the club :) The touting is on "an industrial scale" they said  >:(

Many of these agencies are not doing it illegal. Several of the very well known and respected travel agencies here in Denmark also sell football packages. They buy hospitality tickets and then add hotel and maybe flights and then sell them on at very high prices but I am sure that Liverpool knows that these agencies buy the hospitality packages.

When we checked into Marriott last Friday a lot of other people was also checking in and most of them were handed envelopes with tickets from a travel agency.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #1988 on: February 6, 2020, 12:28:39 pm »
Many of these agencies are not doing it illegal. Several of the very well known and respected travel agencies here in Denmark also sell football packages. They buy hospitality tickets and then add hotel and maybe flights and then sell them on at very high prices but I am sure that Liverpool knows that these agencies buy the hospitality packages.

When we checked into Marriott last Friday a lot of other people was also checking in and most of them were handed envelopes with tickets from a travel agency.
It's legalised touting and needs clamping down on.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #1989 on: February 6, 2020, 12:33:01 pm »
It's legalised touting and needs clamping down on.

The club charging 500/600 per hospo ticket that was 250/350 last season is just as bad

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1990 on: February 6, 2020, 12:41:05 pm »
Watched the Shrewsbury replay Tuesday night on the worldwide feed, at half time there was no analysis or ad breaks, it just had the camera on from the main stand side looking across at the centenery and bar the 2 blocks at either end of the upper centenery the other 7 blocks were 99% empty, which seems like there's a huge amount of hospitality seats going on in there now, as the other 3 sides of the ground were around 60% at half time, this is another reason why regular tickets have become so hard to come by in recent times in my opinion.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: February 6, 2020, 01:08:28 pm »
Watched the Shrewsbury replay Tuesday night on the worldwide feed, at half time there was no analysis or ad breaks, it just had the camera on from the main stand side looking across at the centenery and bar the 2 blocks at either end of the upper centenery the other 7 blocks were 99% empty, which seems like there's a huge amount of hospitality seats going on in there now, as the other 3 sides of the ground were around 60% at half time, this is another reason why regular tickets have become so hard to come by in recent times in my opinion.

Around front 12 rows of upper kenny is hospitality

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: February 6, 2020, 01:35:49 pm »
Around front 12 rows of upper kenny is hospitality

Not sure if all of them are hospitality but they do have plusher seats as I'm just a few across in CE2 and they're different to mine.

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #1993 on: February 6, 2020, 03:48:20 pm »
Not sure if all of them are hospitality but they do have plusher seats as I'm just a few across in CE2 and they're different to mine.
They are hospitality but get re-sold as general tickets if needed.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: February 6, 2020, 03:59:32 pm »
They are hospitality but get re-sold as general tickets if needed.

Front 12 rows of the kenny in the plusher seats are all seasonal hospitality, not even sold game by game by the club anymore

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: February 6, 2020, 04:05:21 pm »
Front 12 rows of the kenny in the plusher seats are all seasonal hospitality, not even sold game by game by the club anymore

That's mad, I had no idea of that. So actually the ratio of STH in Upper Kenny is pretty low then if majority is seasonal hospo/members sales.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1996 on: February 6, 2020, 04:10:45 pm »
The club charging 500/600 per hospo ticket that was 250/350 last season is just as bad

They were £250 for Isla Gladstone/Anny Road in the first half of this season including the City game.  They doubled the prices for the second half of the season once it became clear we were going to win the league.

As others have said, it's basically supply and demand but the current prices are now so high that it rules it out for most people even on a one off basis.

Still, there's always F5 for the true supporters...

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #1997 on: February 6, 2020, 04:52:01 pm »
I had 4 tickets there but was 4 years ago now, must have changed.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1998 on: February 13, 2020, 09:28:01 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/13/football-tickets-being-resold-on-stubhub-at-huge-profit-full-scale

Wow. So frustrating! Around 5% of tickets are resold on stubhub alone per match...

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1999 on: February 13, 2020, 10:33:15 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/feb/13/football-tickets-being-resold-on-stubhub-at-huge-profit-full-scale

Wow. So frustrating! Around 5% of tickets are resold on stubhub alone per match...

You should see the price of the tickets on stub hub for the Chelsea game..funnily enough all on the US stub hub not UK.

The club aren’t bothered never will be