The Liverpool FC Forum > The Away Ground Guide

Cardiff City

<< < (2/4) > >>

redgriffin73:

--- Quote from: iamnant on April 15, 2019, 12:43:59 pm ---Do you want to park close to the ground or where you can get a quick get away after the match?

--- End quote ---

Personally, within a 15/20 mins walk or similar would be OK if that means a fairly swift getaway.

iamnant:

--- Quote from: redgriffin73 on April 15, 2019, 12:51:56 pm ---Personally, within a 15/20 mins walk or similar would be OK if that means a fairly swift getaway.

--- End quote ---
If you look at the stadium on Google maps, you can see it's right next to the A4232 which takes you to the M4, but obviously, all the traffic from the stadium will be in the queue to get on the slipway to that carriageway. I've been to the stadium about 2 hours before kick off at the CCS before and the car park's been completely empty, so you could turn up early and get a good spot right by the exit?
It's actually a toss up between getting a good spot close to the stadium for a short getaway but in the inevitable queue, or parking a bit further afield to avoid the queue.

You could park on a residential street in Canton just off Cowbridge Road and go to the M4 via Western Avenue (the A48). Just be aware that Canton is where a lot of the Cardiff fans go drinking pre and post-match!

Avoid Sloper Road and Leckwith Road, cause they'll be full of fans walking away from the stadium for a good half and hour after full time.

I'll be going to this game myself, but I've got a hotel for the night so my only worries will be which pub will be Liverpool-friendly post match!

James55:

--- Quote from: iamnant on April 15, 2019, 06:01:33 pm ---If you look at the stadium on Google maps, you can see it's right next to the A4232 which takes you to the M4, but obviously, all the traffic from the stadium will be in the queue to get on the slipway to that carriageway. I've been to the stadium about 2 hours before kick off at the CCS before and the car park's been completely empty, so you could turn up early and get a good spot right by the exit?
It's actually a toss up between getting a good spot close to the stadium for a short getaway but in the inevitable queue, or parking a bit further afield to avoid the queue.

You could park on a residential street in Canton just off Cowbridge Road and go to the M4 via Western Avenue (the A48). Just be aware that Canton is where a lot of the Cardiff fans go drinking pre and post-match!

Avoid Sloper Road and Leckwith Road, cause they'll be full of fans walking away from the stadium for a good half and hour after full time.

I'll be going to this game myself, but I've got a hotel for the night so my only worries will be which pub will be Liverpool-friendly post match!

--- End quote ---
Any of the pubs are fine going by last time

iamnant:

--- Quote from: James55 on April 15, 2019, 06:23:04 pm ---Any of the pubs are fine going by last time

--- End quote ---
Any specific pub our lot will be going to before and after?

redgriffin73:

--- Quote from: iamnant on April 15, 2019, 06:01:33 pm ---If you look at the stadium on Google maps, you can see it's right next to the A4232 which takes you to the M4, but obviously, all the traffic from the stadium will be in the queue to get on the slipway to that carriageway. I've been to the stadium about 2 hours before kick off at the CCS before and the car park's been completely empty, so you could turn up early and get a good spot right by the exit?

--- End quote ---

Cheers! We've got a hotel too but for the Saturday night as I'm working on the Monday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version