Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2060095 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #25120 on: June 26, 2022, 02:03:19 am »
So we'd all say
Everyone that gets on the 13+ ladder like this is the equivalent to Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle winning trophies because they have rich owners.
Everyone that gets on the 13+ ladder the right way is Liverpool  ;D

I don't disagree in that sense. But if someone has solidly attended a load of games, I wouldn't be against them having the credits moved over. It would only last so long until an equilbirum was found. Imagine attending 16 and being told that because 4 were through other means you aren't guaranteed over someone who only did 13?   

The same way in which if tomorrow there was a similar system for away tickets I would look to make sure all the young lads who have been attending for *years* on other peoples cards had the chance to have them transferred over to themselves. More concerned about making sure those with the credits who have been hoarding them stop having access to them and making sure they go to the people who are going who haven't had them.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25121 on: June 26, 2022, 11:08:06 am »
So we'd all say
I don't disagree in that sense. But if someone has solidly attended a load of games, I wouldn't be against them having the credits moved over. It would only last so long until an equilbirum was found. Imagine attending 16 and being told that because 4 were through other means you aren't guaranteed over someone who only did 13?   

The same way in which if tomorrow there was a similar system for away tickets I would look to make sure all the young lads who have been attending for *years* on other peoples cards had the chance to have them transferred over to themselves. More concerned about making sure those with the credits who have been hoarding them stop having access to them and making sure they go to the people who are going who haven't had them.

Spot on
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25122 on: June 26, 2022, 11:44:53 am »
So we'd all say

So going back to the, "Its who you know" system, 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #25123 on: June 26, 2022, 12:50:25 pm »
There is never going to be a perfect system but the current one is far from the best option.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25124 on: June 26, 2022, 03:35:43 pm »
It’s really hard to argue against those that go through the turnstiles get the credits.  How you implement that is difficult, especially for aways

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25125 on: June 26, 2022, 05:51:09 pm »
Yes, each person must have a membership and be successful in the ballot. I think you can apply as a group, so it's either all successful or all unsuccessful.
4 seats together is possibly ambitious unless you're happy to take a shit view at the back of Anfield Road. More likely to get 2 pairs.
Thank you. Greatly appreciated.

Offline Annie Road 64

• Main Stander
« Reply #25126 on: June 26, 2022, 08:16:20 pm »
Yep. It's on their website. Well, a photo card they make when you apply

You need to buy the games first though.
I did speak to them last season, it is legit.

So don't fill it in yet.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/photo-id-card
  My brother does not own a mobile phone sh he had a card for his season ticket last season.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #25127 on: June 27, 2022, 10:42:18 am »
  My brother does not own a mobile phone sh he had a card for his season ticket last season.

Good to know - cheers. Really didn't want to have to buy another phone even a cheap burner just for this. I trust that process but I didn't get games last season to try it

Now let's hope I get some games this season! took a year off cause I was caring for my father and I'm back to square 1

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #25128 on: June 27, 2022, 10:53:26 am »
Good to know - cheers. Really didn't want to have to buy another phone even a cheap burner just for this. I trust that process but I didn't get games last season to try it

Now let's hope I get some games this season! took a year off cause I was caring for my father and I'm back to square 1

Credit didnt count last year, so taking a year off keeps you at the same position you were back in 2019/20

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #25129 on: June 28, 2022, 02:23:01 pm »
So going back to the, "Its who you know" system, 
Not entirely. It's difficult. I just don't think it should be too rigid in that every single ticket sold would need to go back to the club for a credit to count if the original ticket holder doesn't attend. If you sell one last minute to a mate for a cup game because someone can't go then a credit transfer in that scenario doesn't seem entirely unfair as your mate has attended. I appreciate the issue of fairness there in terms of your mate effectively doing a 'queue jump' though. But football is also a social day out as well. I just wouldn't like us to do away with spares entirely as sometimes that's the difference between us filling up a car of people or not- and that's important these days with the price of diesel for next season.

Anyway I'm talking bollocks.  We'll wait to see what they do as I'm sure they are going to do something based on what they have tried in the past and a few noises over the last few weeks. What do people think, will they reimpose the originally proposed twenty friends and family or it needs to be sold back to the club? And if it goes to one of the twenty friends and family - they can attend but no credit provided?

Either way I think we'll start to see a lot more tickets available in the 24 hours before games which is good I guess. The last minute spare might still exist, it may just be a case of you getting it off the club rather than a bloke in a pub/on Twitter etc.

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #25130 on: June 28, 2022, 03:00:52 pm »
It’s really hard to argue against those that go through the turnstiles get the credits.  How you implement that is difficult, especially for aways

Literally just this! For aways maybe have to do pickups rather than post. something like 3 meet up points, have to bring ID and Membership number of the person who bought the ticket. I realise this fucks people like me who rely on others for away tickets, but if stops touts selling a £30 game for £250 then so be it. Means i might actually be able to get on the ladder if credits drop
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25131 on: June 28, 2022, 03:04:36 pm »
Literally just this! For aways maybe have to do pickups rather than post. something like 3 meet up points, have to bring ID and Membership number of the person who bought the ticket. I realise this fucks people like me who rely on others for away tickets, but if stops touts selling a £30 game for £250 then so be it. Means i might actually be able to get on the ladder if credits drop

Absolute nightmare though for night games where you're cutting it fine getting there after work etc or even a weekend early KO (if you mean collecting on the day of the game that is).
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25132 on: June 28, 2022, 03:09:26 pm »

It's not that hard. If you don't buy the ticket direct from the club, you don't get a credit. That's no change from the past so there's nothing to implement.

Not entirely. It's difficult. I just don't think it should be too rigid in that every single ticket sold would need to go back to the club for a credit to count if the original ticket holder doesn't attend. If you sell one last minute to a mate for a cup game because someone can't go then a credit transfer in that scenario doesn't seem entirely unfair as your mate has attended. I appreciate the issue of fairness there in terms of your mate effectively doing a 'queue jump' though. But football is also a social day out as well. I just wouldn't like us to do away with spares entirely as sometimes that's the difference between us filling up a car of people or not- and that's important these days with the price of diesel for next season.

Anyway I'm talking bollocks.  We'll wait to see what they do as I'm sure they are going to do something based on what they have tried in the past and a few noises over the last few weeks. What do people think, will they reimpose the originally proposed twenty friends and family or it needs to be sold back to the club? And if it goes to one of the twenty friends and family - they can attend but no credit provided?

Either way I think we'll start to see a lot more tickets available in the 24 hours before games which is good I guess. The last minute spare might still exist, it may just be a case of you getting it off the club rather than a bloke in a pub/on Twitter etc.

Friends and family list brought back in with no credit to either the purchaser or receiver of the transferred ticket hopefully.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #25133 on: June 28, 2022, 03:38:32 pm »
Absolute nightmare though for night games where you're cutting it fine getting there after work etc or even a weekend early KO (if you mean collecting on the day of the game that is).

I guess that is true but playing devils advocate, wouldnt that mean if you know you cant make it then you wouldnt buy a ticket?  Example being say Wednesday night away at Brighton 8pm kick off. I do understand those that want to come down will make it and would probably make it with enough time to collect ticket, but conversely there will be those think i can just buy the ticket and i'm sure someone i know will go and i'll still keep the credit?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 04:08:32 pm by sambhi92 »
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #25134 on: June 28, 2022, 04:49:23 pm »
Friends and family list brought back in with no credit to either the purchaser or receiver of the transferred ticket hopefully.

Be interesting to see the changes in dynamics for cups/league games after a season or two of that for sure!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25135 on: June 28, 2022, 05:03:56 pm »
I guess that is true but playing devils advocate, wouldnt that mean if you know you cant make it then you wouldnt buy a ticket?  Example being say Wednesday night away at Brighton 8pm kick off. I do understand those that want to come down will make it and would probably make it with enough time to collect ticket, but conversely there will be those think i can just buy the ticket and i'm sure someone i know will go and i'll still keep the credit?

Yes, that would be fair to say for the long distance games, and it may well help with those people who just buy to sell on. I wouldn't even consider a midweek game down south without having the day or afternoon at least off work, but even ones around the north west I can still be rushing to park and leg it to the gates at night if traffic is bad - same as at Anfield sometimes too. I'd be buying a ticket assuming I'll get there but wouldn't like to have to queue extra to collect my ticket as well in an ideal world. It's not buying them knowing you can't make it, just that you can't always guarantee your journey will run smoothly.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #25136 on: June 28, 2022, 05:59:11 pm »
It's not that hard. If you don't buy the ticket direct from the club, you don't get a credit. That's no change from the past so there's nothing to implement.

Or just have a closed list of 10-15 friends/family which you just submit before the start of the season. Not everyone can make every single so I wouldn’t want to lose a credit for a CL game for example if I’m on holiday. The process shouldn’t be that restrictive. The vast majority of people on friends and family lists don’t get involved in the bulk sales and are happy to go to the odd game every now and then. If they really wanted to go then they’d put the effort in to try in bulk sales / late availability sales.

I don’t agree with a system where if I can’t make 1 or 2 games a season due to work commitments / holidays then I’d lose a credit. If I know I can’t go to a league game I won’t make the effort but cup games are different as a lot of us have credits going back seasons and shouldn’t be penalised for missing a game. I do agree there has to be a change but that should be restricting family and friends lists to x amount of people and not being able to add throughout the season.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25137 on: June 28, 2022, 06:37:59 pm »
Is it this week that this is meant to be announced?

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #25138 on: June 29, 2022, 12:44:15 am »
Is it this week that this is meant to be announced?

"June"

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25139 on: June 29, 2022, 09:07:48 am »
The issue with cup games is that there are 100% people who go in the ACS only to move the "lesser games" on and are there when it comes to the big games.

The club can't differentiate between them and people who genuinely can't make a game due to work/holiday fixture changes.

There has to be a cut off. Wherever that is, they'll be people who are on the wrong side.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25140 on: June 29, 2022, 09:17:51 am »
The issue with cup games is that there are 100% people who go in the ACS only to move the "lesser games" on and are there when it comes to the big games.

The club can't differentiate between them and people who genuinely can't make a game due to work/holiday fixture changes.

There has to be a cut off. Wherever that is, they'll be people who are on the wrong side.

I think they should allow pass ons for cups but if you do then you cant enter ballots for finals or the fa cup semi

Increase the odds of tickets for those who ACTUALLY attend all the games

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #25141 on: June 29, 2022, 09:27:25 am »
If you’re passing on all the time fair enough. People shouldn’t be punished for missing the odd game if they’ve got a holiday though.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25142 on: June 29, 2022, 09:36:58 am »
If you’re passing on all the time fair enough. People shouldn’t be punished for missing the odd game if they’ve got a holiday though.

I think not being punished credit wise is enough

Issue is there's no way of differentiating

If you haven't attended 6 Cl homes, regardless of reason... you shouldn't have the same chance at a final ticket as someone who did attend 6.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #25143 on: June 29, 2022, 12:07:39 pm »
I think not being punished credit wise is enough

Issue is there's no way of differentiating

If you haven't attended 6 Cl homes, regardless of reason... you shouldn't have the same chance at a final ticket as someone who did attend 6.

Most people will miss games due to holidays or changes with work. If that’s how you want final tickets to be then they need to go back further than one season.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25144 on: June 29, 2022, 12:31:58 pm »
Most people will miss games due to holidays or changes with work. If that’s how you want final tickets to be then they need to go back further than one season.

No you don't. There will be more than enough people who attended all games in that season to fill the final ticket allocation.
If you don't attend all the games (for whatever reason) then you shouldn't be 'entitled' to a final ticket.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #25145 on: June 29, 2022, 12:40:38 pm »
No you don't. There will be more than enough people who attended all games in that season to fill the final ticket allocation.
If you don't attend all the games (for whatever reason) then you shouldn't be 'entitled' to a final ticket.

Let’s hope you don’t struggle to get over for any from the Isle of Man then fella.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25146 on: June 29, 2022, 01:06:37 pm »

Pretty much. If the end game is to 'reward' the people that go through the turnstile, then there shouldn't really be any exceptions.
What if this, what if that, what if the other isn't relevant.
If someone misses a game because of a holiday, why did they book a holiday in the first place? If you can't go due to work commitments, that's just the way it is.

Offline Fazak_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #25147 on: June 29, 2022, 01:22:57 pm »
Pretty much. If the end game is to 'reward' the people that go through the turnstile, then there shouldn't really be any exceptions.
What if this, what if that, what if the other isn't relevant.
If someone misses a game because of a holiday, why did they book a holiday in the first place? If you can't go due to work commitments, that's just the way it is.

People have lives to be fair mate. Can’t all spend their time with millions of posts here refusing to book holidays until tv dates are announced.

It’s like taking a season ticket off someone for missing one game.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #25148 on: June 29, 2022, 01:24:09 pm »

This is too logical for the club to introduce! I 100% agree

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25149 on: June 29, 2022, 01:34:28 pm »
People have lives to be fair mate. Can’t all spend their time with millions of posts here refusing to book holidays until tv dates are announced.

Thats all well and good for league games, people won't lose a season ticket for missing 1 game.
But if you take a holiday over a champions League fixture, when the dates are more or less known a year in advance, then you've no right to complain.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25150 on: June 29, 2022, 01:58:36 pm »

You'd get the same response off someone who fucks the group games off cos they cba then comes back for the knockouts

Offline ldsn

• Kopite
« Reply #25151 on: June 29, 2022, 02:21:25 pm »
I think they should limit transfers to say 10-20 F&F (which has to be confirmed pre-season), and then have say a max of 3 transfers a season (credit stays with you). That way you allow some leeway for those who do have genuine reasons for not being able to attend.

If you stop the credit hunting then you'll hopefully release more tickets and help others attend on their own memberships and therefore get the credit.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25152 on: June 29, 2022, 02:27:59 pm »
Thats all well and good for league games, people won't lose a season ticket for missing 1 game.
But if you take a holiday over a champions League fixture, when the dates are more or less known a year in advance, then you've no right to complain.

Not everyone works 9-5. I know someone who works in the fire service, he has a seasie, but will inevitably miss a few games a season, as fires can still happen when Liverpool play a match. He would have to take a work holiday for every shift that clashed with a possible CL date just to be sure, which is just not realistic. I imagine it would be the same in other emergency services too with shift work.

It would be incredibly hard for someone in that situation. We will all clap for you during the pandemic, but when it comes to getting a final ticket, even if you have the credits, you can fuck right off.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25153 on: June 29, 2022, 02:33:43 pm »
Not everyone works 9-5. I know someone who works in the fire service, he has a seasie, but will inevitably miss a few games a season, as fires can still happen when Liverpool play a match. He would have to take a work holiday for every shift that clashed with a possible CL date just to be sure, which is just not realistic. I imagine it would be the same in other emergency services too with shift work.

It would be incredibly hard for someone in that situation. We will all clap for you during the pandemic, but when it comes to getting a final ticket, even if you have the credits, you can fuck right off.

Someone's profession isn't relevant though is it? It's whether they go to the required amount of games or not.

If the club started listening to sob stories or individual circumstances, then they'd get nowhere.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25154 on: June 29, 2022, 02:38:03 pm »
Someone's profession isn't relevant though is it? It's whether they go to the required amount of games or not.

If the club started listening to sob stories or individual circumstances, then they'd get nowhere.

Exactly mate, he should not be allowed a shot at a final ticket as he has to work shifts saving people's lives. Really if he had any sort of morals he would hand his ST back. Same as the shift workers in the NHS and that.
What we want is a crowd of middle class office workers, who only work 9-5, and have access to a computer during their work day to log on for tickets.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25155 on: June 29, 2022, 02:49:27 pm »
Dates of the champions League are known fair enough, but we don't know when we are home or away. Also we've got a holiday that's running related that's moved from 2020 to 2021 to 2022. Anything can and will happen, if there is a hard and fast rule that it has to be you who enters to get to "credit" fair enough.

I look forward to the same happening with away tickets too (and STH)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25156 on: June 29, 2022, 02:57:36 pm »
Exactly mate, he should not be allowed a shot at a final ticket as he has to work shifts saving people's lives. Really if he had any sort of morals he would hand his ST back. Same as the shift workers in the NHS and that.
What we want is a crowd of middle class office workers, who only work 9-5, and have access to a computer during their work day to log on for tickets.

What about the supermarket staff that worked all through the pandemic? If they don't work, the shops that people need to buy their food from don't open. Pretty essential staff I would think.
The lorry drivers that deliver the food to the supermarkets so people can buy it?
The kitchen staff in your mate's fire station?
The mechanics that keep their engines in working order?
The suppliers of parts for their engines?
All pretty essential staff there that carry out essential jobs. Just hand them a ticket too?

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25157 on: June 29, 2022, 03:02:10 pm »
What about the supermarket staff that worked all through the pandemic? If they don't work, the shops that people need to buy their food from don't open. Pretty essential staff I would think.
The lorry drivers that deliver the food to the supermarkets so people can buy it?
The kitchen staff in your mate's fire station?
The mechanics that keep their engines in working order?
The suppliers of parts for their engines?
All pretty essential staff there that carry out essential jobs. Just hand them a ticket too?

No ones talking about handing anyone a ticket are they? Except you just now. Why did you twist it?

People were talking about if someone has to miss the odd game, they would be off the ladder for a final - despite years of credits. I said that was incredibly harsh on someone that did not work 9-5. You appear to think they should be fucked off.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #25158 on: June 29, 2022, 03:07:10 pm »
No ones talking about handing anyone a ticket are they? Except you just now. Why did you twist it?

People were talking about if someone has to miss the odd game, they would be off the ladder for a final - despite years of credits. I said that was incredibly harsh on someone that did not work 9-5. You appear to think they should be fucked off.

Everyone who isn't in the exact circumstances I am should be.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25159 on: June 29, 2022, 03:14:13 pm »
Everyone who isn't in the exact circumstances I am should be.

That is the attitude some appear to have, and not consider anyone else could have a different set of circumstances.