Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2059573 times)

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #25080 on: June 22, 2022, 06:44:23 pm »
People saying this will make touts work harder...it really won't make em do anything. They already started using screen shots of details and QR codes. No need to bother with burner phones as someone suggested on here.
If this is announced it doesn't change anything for touts but it does open a loophole for getting credits quicker.
I agree who ever gets the game as a gift from a friend should not be getting the credit for it but the sender should lose it. That way if u r on say 18 you'll do it 3 times and then you'll stop. Or the club should let everyone distribute officially max 3 times as it used to be before when you ring the office. After that you lose credits.

Surely they'll be wise to the QR code not refreshing by now and sort that out. And even with burner phones , one id check and that'll be the seasons  tickets gone. Unless touts are handing out id to with the phones ?

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #25081 on: June 22, 2022, 07:10:55 pm »
Be interesting to see what they bring in if people have holidays etc

Offline James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #25082 on: June 22, 2022, 07:12:24 pm »

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25083 on: June 22, 2022, 07:42:48 pm »
ST don't have credits yo give so this rule if indeed is announced will just be for members.

Something similar should be brought in for STs if this is the road the club are planning on going.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25084 on: June 22, 2022, 07:57:17 pm »
Something similar should be brought in for STs if this is the road the club are planning on going.

Exactly, how many season tickets get passed around ? A tidy few I bet.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #25085 on: June 22, 2022, 08:59:33 pm »

Not a chance that would happen. STHs will never lose a credit for passing on a ticket, not sure why someone on there F&F should gain.

The STH can’t go, they sell it on through the exchange and then the member gets the credit.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25087 on: June 22, 2022, 10:35:17 pm »
Be interesting to see what they bring in if people have holidays etc

we're not allowed holidays now mate  :D

i have a holiday on one CL week. going to buy a flight on the Thurs/Fri instead of the Tues I pre-booked now just to avoid any issues. i've been to every CL home game in the Klopp era i'm pretty sure.

shorter holiday vs. falling off the CL ladder. it's a choice people are going to have to make... or we're just going to have swathes of screenshots and burners.
YNWA.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #25088 on: June 23, 2022, 08:21:31 am »
we're not allowed holidays now mate  :D

i have a holiday on one CL week. going to buy a flight on the Thurs/Fri instead of the Tues I pre-booked now just to avoid any issues. i've been to every CL home game in the Klopp era i'm pretty sure.

shorter holiday vs. falling off the CL ladder. it's a choice people are going to have to make... or we're just going to have swathes of screenshots and burners.

I get this, but the club have no way of verifying if you're genuinely on holiday or "on holiday" because you can't be arsed doing Norwich in the FA cup 3rd round or a dead rubber CL night. If you're not going you shouldn't be getting 'points' for doing so

For me they should allow you to pass on and you lose the credit in the league, but the other doesn't gain it unless they qualified for that match.

In cups you can pass on and stay in ACS for that season, but you can't enter the final ballots if you haven't attended every cup game and the following year your credit is set at what you actually attended

It'll be the same across the board though, so after a year or two the credit requirements will be lower as people's credit counts reduce at the top level the guaranteed number will lower

This will be taking a step back to 2019/20 where instead of meeting someone outside to pass them a members card, you'll be meeting them to pass a burner

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #25089 on: June 23, 2022, 08:28:25 am »
Years of loyalty but you can't have a holiday or you fall off the ladder and people wanting biometrics. What a club.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25090 on: June 23, 2022, 08:30:39 am »
they should invent a device which you strap to your chest in the stadium and it analyses the sounds you make. If it's mostly boo sounds or screaming at Hendo that he's a c* (ahhh the aul arses at Anfield) you are eliminated from buying a ticket

We could lease it to Everton where the reverse is true!

Offline Pinehurst Alan

• Main Stander
  • Cup Regular. 4+ games.
« Reply #25091 on: June 23, 2022, 08:46:43 am »
Anyone bothering with the friendly vs Strasbourg on 31 July? I have a mate who's never been to Anfield and wants to visit all 92, so it seemed like a good opportunity.

I've never seen so much availability! Got 2 on the half way line row 2..

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25092 on: June 23, 2022, 08:53:57 am »
Go to points then like all the other clubs which covers several years, start with 3 or 5 years history

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #25093 on: June 23, 2022, 09:03:27 am »
sale w/c 18 July just announced by @LFCHelp

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25094 on: June 23, 2022, 09:11:56 am »
I get this, but the club have no way of verifying if you're genuinely on holiday or "on holiday" because you can't be arsed doing Norwich in the FA cup 3rd round or a dead rubber CL night. If you're not going you shouldn't be getting 'points' for doing so

What would happen if you bought a ticket for such a game, didnt pass it on, but just didnt go, would the TO know you havent been ?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25095 on: June 23, 2022, 09:12:56 am »
What would happen if you bought a ticket for such a game, didnt pass it on, but just didnt go, would the TO know you havent been ?

They'll know who scanned in and who didnt - easy to remove credit to those who didnt turn up

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25096 on: June 23, 2022, 09:13:24 am »
sale w/c 18 July just announced by @LFCHelp

Nothing new here, was in the prem fixture announcement at 9am last thursday saying w/c 18th

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #25097 on: June 23, 2022, 09:48:36 am »
people worrying about being on holiday for single matches...what about being on holiday when the sale's on!  :-\

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25098 on: June 23, 2022, 11:36:37 am »
people worrying about being on holiday for single matches...what about being on holiday when the sale's on!  :-\

No kop for youuu

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25099 on: June 23, 2022, 11:40:53 am »
You should know by now that booking a holiday in July is a no no 😝😝😝

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #25100 on: June 23, 2022, 01:33:11 pm »
First school summer holiday since 2015 and probably the last! Last couple of years lulled me into a false sense of security.

Offline ollyfrom.tv

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25101 on: June 23, 2022, 04:55:30 pm »
If you're lucky enough to get tickets through the members sale, can you print it off, or must you use a phone. Cheers

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #25102 on: June 23, 2022, 05:52:58 pm »
If you're lucky enough to get tickets through the members sale, can you print it off, or must you use a phone. Cheers

Have to use Google/Apple pay

Offline Dagro

• Main Stander
« Reply #25103 on: June 23, 2022, 07:13:14 pm »
Just catching up with this thread after taking a break from footy after the end of the season, and the  horror of Paris. Glad the club are trying to do something, but as others have said theres loopholes that others will exploit.

Never realised until reading the comments that the QR codes didn't refresh. In the second half of last season there was a few of these spare ticket twitter pages that popped up, and i was wondering how they were bypassing the QR codes and the friends and family lists. Now I know it was just a screenshot that sellers were forwarding on

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25104 on: June 23, 2022, 08:47:19 pm »
Just catching up with this thread after taking a break from footy after the end of the season, and the  horror of Paris. Glad the club are trying to do something, but as others have said theres loopholes that others will exploit.

Never realised until reading the comments that the QR codes didn't refresh. In the second half of last season there was a few of these spare ticket twitter pages that popped up, and i was wondering how they were bypassing the QR codes and the friends and family lists. Now I know it was just a screenshot that sellers were forwarding on

The stupid thing is though if the QR code doesn't refresh and gets out there then it could be shared round hundreds of times  and it'd work for all subsequently purchased games too. it'd be first to the turnstile to see who gets in. So hopefully the morons sending them on would also be locked out.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25105 on: June 23, 2022, 10:18:46 pm »

Acording to ToneLa, if you dont have a smart phone you can get in via members card
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #25106 on: June 24, 2022, 01:10:59 am »
I've no issues with the system being changed in terms of you not getting the credit if you don't attend yourself, but I totally disagree with the person you are sending it to getting the credit instead.

As has been said, someone could get a brand new membership and potentially get to 13+ just by getting their mates to send them credits, whereas someone that doesn't have a group of mates with credits and has to put the graft in gets fucked over.
I hear you Barney but if they've been the games, they've been the games. Loads of people who attend away games get them off other people. I'm annoyed that happens as unless you know the right person you haven't got a chance, but I have no issue with the people who actually are attending them having the credits transferred over time into their name. I realise this is mooted for home games though and with the expansion of the Anfield Road will be less of an issue.

Equally why should Joe Bloggs who ends up getting 5-6 games on top of his 8/9 from other people be told to fuck off when the next season comes round? Attendance is the most important thing to me. For everyone that gains from a credit there will be someone that loses one. Limit the friends/family to 10 or something and I reckon we're laughing but happy to be told I'm wrong :)

So the only other option is that no tickets can be passed on between mates and all of them must be sold back to the club so people can buy them late in the week and attend, but I think that would be too far the other way personally.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25107 on: June 24, 2022, 01:25:30 am »
Acording to ToneLa, if you dont have a smart phone you can get in via members card

Yep. It's on their website. Well, a photo card they make when you apply

You need to buy the games first though.
I did speak to them last season, it is legit.

So don't fill it in yet.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/photo-id-card

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25108 on: June 24, 2022, 06:01:47 am »
I hear you Barney but if they've been the games, they've been the games. Loads of people who attend away games get them off other people. I'm annoyed that happens as unless you know the right person you haven't got a chance, but I have no issue with the people who actually are attending them having the credits transferred over time into their name. I realise this is mooted for home games though and with the expansion of the Anfield Road will be less of an issue.

Equally why should Joe Bloggs who ends up getting 5-6 games on top of his 8/9 from other people be told to fuck off when the next season comes round? Attendance is the most important thing to me. For everyone that gains from a credit there will be someone that loses one. Limit the friends/family to 10 or something and I reckon we're laughing but happy to be told I'm wrong :)

So the only other option is that no tickets can be passed on between mates and all of them must be sold back to the club so people can buy them late in the week and attend, but I think that would be too far the other way personally.

Thje thing is Joe Bloggs hasnt taken time off work to sit in front of a computer to get his tickets in the Sales, he hasnt constantly checked for late availability etc, I agree with Barney on this.

It really shouldnt be down to who you know.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25109 on: June 24, 2022, 06:47:08 am »
Thje thing is Joe Bloggs hasnt taken time off work to sit in front of a computer to get his tickets in the Sales, he hasnt constantly checked for late availability etc, I agree with Barney on this.

It really shouldnt be down to who you know.

Yeah, I agree with you. The person giving the ticket should lose the credit, but the person receiving shouldn’t get the credit. I mean ideally if you can’t go, you should sell back to the club, they brought that in for a reason...

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25110 on: June 24, 2022, 07:30:02 am »
Yeah, I agree with you. The person giving the ticket should lose the credit, but the person receiving shouldn’t get the credit. I mean ideally if you can’t go, you should sell back to the club, they brought that in for a reason...

Yes.  I have been on 19 (or maximum) for several years.

I was in hospital during the pre registration for 2nd half of season. This meant I was knocked out of all Bulk sales and also the late availability. I got lucky that the TO would call me when a ticket got returned. 

Without those returns Id have been fucked and IF credits counted I would have been back to  +4 status.

Online red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #25111 on: June 24, 2022, 10:07:05 am »
It’s a difficult one.

Attendee receiving the credit is right in principle but they need to find a way to stop people gaming the system.

Possibly something like a max number of credits you can “inherit” in a season.  Or differentiate the types of credits (normal vs. Inherited for example) then have sales phased on the types of credit.

Probably way too complicated and would only slow down people abusing the system, not prevent it.

Offline Oh Yes BisCAN

• Kopite
  • Where Kenny played...
« Reply #25112 on: June 24, 2022, 11:19:16 am »
I'm generally all for the you go you get the credit, but I would be, as I've missed about a dozen games in the last 20 years despite coming back up from Portsmouth each game. I've generally got 18-19 league credits. Missing the odd league game and not purchasing doesn't punish me, because the wife wanting a Christmas holiday somewhere warm when work shuts down.

Champions League is also OK, as group stage dates are pretty rigid and announced over a year in advance by UEFA, so I can book time off giving plenty of notice. The domestic cups would be the issue for me, given that dates/times change and replays in midweek increase my chances of missing them (although my employer is quite supportive 90% of the time).

Despite planning (I thought) a Christmas holiday so I would return for FA Cup 3rd Round Saturday, they moved the 'Virgil header Everton game' to Friday and was still abroad, and I missed a League Cup semi-final (Stoke, I think) because work had paid for me to attend a conference. It sounds like in the future these would impact my chances in semi/final ballots and, more importantly, the ACS for the following season.

I'm around 700th on the ST waiting list, so hopefully won't have these concerns much longer, but my brother would.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 11:21:27 am by Oh Yes BisCAN »
"Has everybody heard... the bird is the word?" @rabbitrabbiton

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25113 on: June 24, 2022, 12:38:35 pm »

Everyone that gets on the 13+ ladder like this is the equivalent to Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle winning trophies because they have rich owners.
Everyone that gets on the 13+ ladder the right way is Liverpool  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25114 on: June 24, 2022, 07:29:31 pm »
I’m still trying to get my head around how members sales work. I see posters talking about how it is possible to get tickets through them “with a bit of effort” (mainly cup games, it seems?). What does this mean? What kind of effort? As I understand it there is a ballot some time in July. Is the date some sort of a secret or just not decided yet? And then after the ballot they sell out tickets for individual matches? What kind of tickets are those that are left? Tickets “won” by people in the ballot who can’t go to the game? When are these tickets made available for members and what is the principle here? First come, first served, so you have to refresh the tickets website and hope for the best?

I live abroad and will be in Liverpool on business twice before Christmas. Both of those weeks Liverpool play at home, so even if my chances are slim I have two possible matches I can hope for. How do I go about it if I want to have any chance at all? I’m sorry if these are stupid questions, but I want to make sure I understand the process.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25115 on: June 24, 2022, 07:40:23 pm »

The sales are WC 18th July. You will need to purchase a membership. A full membership is exactly the same as a light membership in terms of ticket sales. The only difference is with the full membership you get a gift pack.
Full details will be released a couple of weeks before that.
The ballots are for people that don't have 13+ games from an earlier season.
Ballots for all games except the 'big 6', Everton and final home game are open to everyone.
If you're successful in the ballot you are guaranteed a ticket.
If you are unsuccessful in the ballot, you can still get tickets through the late availability sales. The effort people speak of is sitting at a computer, sometimes for hours per day, refreshing in the hope that a ticket becomes available and they're able to basket it quick enough to buy it.

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25116 on: June 24, 2022, 07:54:08 pm »
Fantastic, thank you! I’ve read the club’s “how to buy tickets online”: https://d3j2s6hdd6a7rg.cloudfront.net/uploads/7750__9589__154695_how_to_buy_tickets_online_guide_2018.pdf 

However, it’s not clear to me how many tickets you will be able to buy if you are successful in the ballot. Is it only one ticket, for yourself? The club’s guide - in step 3 - says that you can choose area and quantity of tickets but I don’t see how that should work. The guide is perhaps only for buying tickets through the late availability sales, and not valid for the ballot?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25117 on: June 24, 2022, 08:01:42 pm »
It's 1 ticket per membership, up to a max of 4 for 1 game.
So if you want to go with your mate, both will need a membership and both have to be successful in the ballot.
As for choosing the area and seat, that part is first come first served. It is guaranteed if successful in the ballot, but you aren't guaranteed to get a seat in the stand or area that you want. Kop end for example is unlikely, as the majority of not all get sold in the sale for members with 13+ credits.
You could end up with a seat in a severely restricted view area at the back of Annie Road.
For late availability, you take anything basically. Seats in all stands pop up now and then as generally they are returns from people that can't go after buying in an earlier sale.

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25118 on: June 25, 2022, 10:26:07 am »
It's 1 ticket per membership, up to a max of 4 for 1 game.
So if you want to go with your mate, both will need a membership and both have to be successful in the ballot.
What does this mean? That if we are four mates who want to go to the game together, all of us will need a membership and all will have to be successful in the ballot? If that happens, than we will be able to buy four tickets sitting together?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25119 on: June 25, 2022, 10:34:21 am »
What does this mean? That if we are four mates who want to go to the game together, all of us will need a membership and all will have to be successful in the ballot? If that happens, than we will be able to buy four tickets sitting together?

Yes, each person must have a membership and be successful in the ballot. I think you can apply as a group, so it's either all successful or all unsuccessful.
4 seats together is possibly ambitious unless you're happy to take a shit view at the back of Anfield Road. More likely to get 2 pairs.