Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2095636 times)

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #25040 on: June 21, 2022, 03:47:29 pm »
I’m missing footy…can’t wait for it to start again. I can imagine going to that many games can probably cause burn out and possible financial problems.

I stick to 5-10 league games and all the cup homes. Would like to go to a few aways but it’s not possible right now. It’s a good balance for me.

Will just go to the cat As and one or two others that fall on good dates for the league

Defo the burn out..  ;D top it off with my masters assignments due in May, and getting the keys for the house in mid April to renovate I'm not sure how I didnt have a break down to be honest hahaha

Thats the thing, if you just do the Cat A's and transfer next year you wouldnt qualify for them

I'm torn on what to do, will depend on the details I guess

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25041 on: June 21, 2022, 03:48:28 pm »
So if I transfer my 13+ United ticket to someone with a brand new membership that didn't qualify for any sale, that gets them a credit? That's pretty fucked up if that's the way it's working.

Might be a pre-req in place for it to be received or might be a limit to receive - depends on the final details

I'd hope there's a limit or a credit structure required but it wouldnt surprise me if not

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25042 on: June 21, 2022, 03:49:54 pm »
Get 4 or 5 pals

Get them to transfer 4-5 tickets each to you to get you to 13+, next season you're all on 13+

Rinse and repeat till everyone in your friends group is on 17+
Absolutely nailed on this will happen unless a limit is put on the amount of credits/games you can actually have transferred to you in one season.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25043 on: June 21, 2022, 03:50:46 pm »
This is a massive loophole if true...get 3 mates to pass credits 4+4+5 and you are sorted on 13 just like them next season. Then all buy 18 again next season to be able to do this again.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25044 on: June 21, 2022, 04:03:20 pm »
Also why would touts be giving phones away, surely they can just screenshot the barcodes and send to who ever they are selling to!? I don't know am I missing something lol?!

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25045 on: June 21, 2022, 04:11:08 pm »
Also why would touts be giving phones away, surely they can just screenshot the barcodes and send to who ever they are selling to!? I don't know am I missing something lol?!

The QR code thing might stop working, or the club might start doing checks on those using QR codes

If you're in 305 for example and you just have a bar code you aint getting to your seat they wanna see your pass with seat info on to let you up

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25046 on: June 21, 2022, 04:19:15 pm »
I assume this means the person using the ticket will have to have a valid membership to be able to get in from next season?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25047 on: June 21, 2022, 04:21:05 pm »
I assume this means the person using the ticket will have to have a valid membership to be able to get in from next season?

Presumably it's going to transfer directly onto the receivers membership card so I'd say so.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #25048 on: June 21, 2022, 05:09:55 pm »
Do you actually have to use the ticket to get the credit? If not then there will be empty seats everywhere

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25049 on: June 21, 2022, 05:16:25 pm »
That's one way to get the scouse heart back into the ground. Will impact OOTers and OOCers mostly you'd think.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #25050 on: June 21, 2022, 05:22:33 pm »
That's one way to get the scouse heart back into the ground. Will impact OOTers and OOCers mostly you'd think.
yeah cause that's what really matters

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25051 on: June 21, 2022, 05:23:35 pm »
yeah cause that's what really matters

It was said in jest but i think the overall point is valid.

Offline NeoAdjuvant

• Kopite
« Reply #25052 on: June 21, 2022, 05:57:53 pm »
When can we expect this announcement then? And how do you know about it before anyone else?
But like the jet engine, there's sadly very little this country does better than having the raw materials to do something truly amazing that would benefit the whole of society only to piss it away due to a total lack of long term thinking and/or suspicion of anything European.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25053 on: June 21, 2022, 09:16:45 pm »
I think it’s so hard to stop

What’s really going to stop touts giving people phones and corresponding ID to match (if that was the case) in return for them taking a valuable asset from the tourist/buyer (ie, money or documents).

Really the only thing that could maybe stop it would have to be proper strict ID checks, as going back to when I used to go into town with any girls ID who had the same hair colour. So by that stance an ID check don’t even solve the matter.

I don’t think a ‘day tripper’ is too bothered by the credit. So don’t think even that will entice them.

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #25054 on: June 21, 2022, 09:27:13 pm »
I think the solution to all this will come in a few years when the technology is there. We probably aren't too far away from being able to use biometrics to access tickets through an app, which could be very difficult to get around.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25055 on: June 21, 2022, 09:49:25 pm »
I think the solution to all this will come in a few years when the technology is there. We probably aren't too far away from being able to use biometrics to access tickets through an app, which could be very difficult to get around.

Yeah, good call actually. Like thumb or face recognition. That’s a really good shout. If the club got ahead of the game forked out to be the first to implement that, imagine the success. Probably get loads of sponsorship from the company’s to get other clubs to follow suit and buy the technology!

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25056 on: June 21, 2022, 10:41:35 pm »
sorry but don't think we should be encouraging a football club to be using biometrics :o we're not going to an airport.

accepting these things leads us down a bad path of policing and Priti Patel grinning ear to ear.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:43:49 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline deanloco9

• Kopite
« Reply #25057 on: June 21, 2022, 10:58:24 pm »
I predict a lot of QR code sharing

Only way to enforce these changes are ID checks, and then you're back at square 1 like with the members cards :(

Really hope they force ID checks, will stop it massively.

Biometrics is the future though.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25058 on: June 22, 2022, 03:12:10 am »
sorry but don't think we should be encouraging a football club to be using biometrics :o we're not going to an airport.

accepting these things leads us down a bad path of policing and Priti Patel grinning ear to ear.

What’s wrong with biometrics? It’s literally just a technology update that will be more popular over the years. Majority of people I see use biometrics on their phone, I can’t stand politics personally but I don’t think Priti Patel gives that much thought.

Not sure how an airport is a bad path of policing. It would be efficient too & take the same time as scanning a QR code.

What difference does it make to apple/Samsung having peoples biometrics compared to Liverpool FC?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 03:18:51 am by RebeccaLFC »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #25059 on: June 22, 2022, 07:31:42 am »

What difference does it make to apple/Samsung having peoples biometrics compared to Liverpool FC?

Cause they use Google Pay - which you need to add your credit card to

I know it's unthinkable for most people, but there are tech aware people (I'm not even necessarily one of them) who don't want Google having anything on em. Good luck with that, but I would like to see an implementation from the club that isn't tied to Google, or any other company associated with the sale of customer data

Offline CornerTakenQuickly

• ORIGAAAAAAAAMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kopite
  • I am a Liverpudlian and I come from the Spion Kop
« Reply #25060 on: June 22, 2022, 08:18:08 am »

I know it's unthinkable for most people, but there are tech aware people (I'm not even necessarily one of them) who don't want Google having anything on em. Good luck with that, but I would like to see an implementation from the club that isn't tied to Google, or any other company associated with the sale of customer data

It might be possible to store your biometrics on your own device and use this to access the ticket. Obviously with this being stored on a person's device there may be some ways to modify the biometrics, so I'm not sure if this would work.

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25061 on: June 22, 2022, 09:19:27 am »

Apple use Apple Pay right? And Samsung use what Google pay or something else? Or do you mean LFC use Google pay?

I was just on about people use biometrics on the phone simply to unlock it without putting any credit card details. So I’m confused where Google pay comes into it haha!   

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25062 on: June 22, 2022, 09:47:48 am »

Those companies do not have your biometrics, your data is only stored on your device. Like your pin number to unlock, it just says you have access to this device.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25063 on: June 22, 2022, 09:55:45 am »
What’s wrong with biometrics? It’s literally just a technology update that will be more popular over the years. Majority of people I see use biometrics on their phone, I can’t stand politics personally but I don’t think Priti Patel gives that much thought.

Not sure how an airport is a bad path of policing. It would be efficient too & take the same time as scanning a QR code.

apple/samsung don't have your biometrics. your phone does, but the company doesn't. do you really want a private company to hold your biometrics? i don't even think LFC would want that level of risk even if it's managed by a third party.

you introduce biometrics and suddenly open the football world to potential further surveillance and punishment.
YNWA.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25064 on: June 22, 2022, 10:02:53 am »
Would things like this be considered for attending a game of Rugby, Cricket, or any other sporting event, or is it just football?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25065 on: June 22, 2022, 10:08:44 am »
Would things like this be considered for attending a game of Rugby, Cricket, or any other sporting event, or is it just football?

Its not a football issue, its a supply and demand issue at LFC - other clubs dont have this issue

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #25066 on: June 22, 2022, 10:39:48 am »
apple/samsung don't have your biometrics. your phone does, but the company doesn't. do you really want a private company to hold your biometrics? i don't even think LFC would want that level of risk even if it's managed by a third party.

you introduce biometrics and suddenly open the football world to potential further surveillance and punishment.

I dunno. Third parties probably hold more than what I would like to already because of the advancement in technology. I doubt LFC would introduce anything they weren’t 100% sure on. So it’s up to them.

How does biometrics bring punishment to the football world? Trying to think of a scenario and can’t!

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25067 on: June 22, 2022, 10:41:27 am »
Its not a football issue, its a supply and demand issue at LFC - other clubs dont have this issue

My point still stands. Football fans are already treated like shit. No need to open it up further with introducing things like biometrics just to watch a match.

Offline dr62499

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #25068 on: June 22, 2022, 10:59:45 am »
Might be a pre-req in place for it to be received or might be a limit to receive - depends on the final details

I'd hope there's a limit or a credit structure required but it wouldnt surprise me if not

I use my mates ST for a few games a year. Would i get credits for any games attended on his ST if thats the case? Build myself up to 13+ in 1 season and he still gets his ST for following season while im then on 13+?

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25069 on: June 22, 2022, 11:14:20 am »
I use my mates ST for a few games a year. Would i get credits for any games attended on his ST if thats the case? Build myself up to 13+ in 1 season and he still gets his ST for following season while im then on 13+?
ST don't have credits yo give so this rule if indeed is announced will just be for members.

Online sambhi92

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Round the Fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #25070 on: June 22, 2022, 11:48:53 am »
Feels like if they change the system it seems to be causing more issues than solving imo
Round the Fields of Anfield Road

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25071 on: June 22, 2022, 11:59:19 am »
Feels like if they change the system it seems to be causing more issues than solving imo

I've no issues with the system being changed in terms of you not getting the credit if you don't attend yourself, but I totally disagree with the person you are sending it to getting the credit instead.

As has been said, someone could get a brand new membership and potentially get to 13+ just by getting their mates to send them credits, whereas someone that doesn't have a group of mates with credits and has to put the graft in gets fucked over.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25072 on: June 22, 2022, 12:36:32 pm »
No point arguing about the if buts and maybes. Wait till the details are published god knows what could change between now and then

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25073 on: June 22, 2022, 01:12:32 pm »

Any inside info as to when we can expect details of the ballot registration for the July sale?

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25074 on: June 22, 2022, 01:19:19 pm »
I've no issues with the system being changed in terms of you not getting the credit if you don't attend yourself, but I totally disagree with the person you are sending it to getting the credit instead.

As has been said, someone could get a brand new membership and potentially get to 13+ just by getting their mates to send them credits, whereas someone that doesn't have a group of mates with credits and has to put the graft in gets fucked over.

Exactly as I see it.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25075 on: June 22, 2022, 02:01:30 pm »

Any inside info as to when we can expect details of the ballot registration for the July sale?

Sales are w/c 18th so I would expect ballots to open the week before

Probs announce everything at a similar time with ACS too

Online James_1906

• Kopite
« Reply #25076 on: June 22, 2022, 02:03:51 pm »
Sales are w/c 18th so I would expect ballots to open the week before

Probs announce everything at a similar time with ACS too
ACS should be this week or next as they have said June.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25077 on: June 22, 2022, 02:28:32 pm »
ACS should be this week or next as they have said June.

June for what? info or sale? June runs till a week on thursday

Offline Bapsandwaps

• Main Stander
« Reply #25078 on: June 22, 2022, 02:45:24 pm »
There is a supply and demand issue because we are one of the biggest clubs in the world end of. However, there is a lot of people who have special privileges who are involved as a badge of honour or something.

I do not have a single mate who can just give credits away. You build to 13 so you can try to go every game and at least try to be on par with the (lets face it) inherited season ticket crew. It may happen for a few, but it is certainly not the norm. People generally want to go the game, not deal in credits.

This may not stop touts, although it will force them to work harder.

In fact it should be across the board, season tickets included. Go the game or go and get a sky subscription. Its not a badge or a status, it is going to watch your local side. Sick of hearing about families with multiple tickets dishing them out and fuck all happens.

Go the game get the credit. That is a level playing field and sorts all issues out.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #25079 on: June 22, 2022, 04:06:05 pm »
People saying this will make touts work harder...it really won't make em do anything. They already started using screen shots of details and QR codes. No need to bother with burner phones as someone suggested on here.
If this is announced it doesn't change anything for touts but it does open a loophole for getting credits quicker.
I agree who ever gets the game as a gift from a friend should not be getting the credit for it but the sender should lose it. That way if u r on say 18 you'll do it 3 times and then you'll stop. Or the club should let everyone distribute officially max 3 times as it used to be before when you ring the office. After that you lose credits.