Author Topic: Liverpool v Fulham - 26 Jan 2011, KO 20:00 GMT  (Read 10262 times)

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Liverpool v Fulham - 26 Jan 2011, KO 20:00 GMT
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2011, 08:47:28 pm »
45 +1

Kelly on the overlap gets another good cross into the box. Torres 6 yards out heads wide under a lot of pressure.

HALF TIME
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2011, 08:50:29 pm »
OK half. I love our new pass and move style, but like you said we are lacking a skillful or speedy winger as an outlet. I'd love to see Pacheco come on for Kuyt if things don't improve second half.
I'm liking this Refo-fella. Wanna adopt?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2011, 08:55:56 pm »
Half time - Liverpool 0 - 0 Fulham

A very good first half of football from Liverpool with us creating a few good chances. Torres put the ball in the net after just 5 minutes but was wrongly ruled out for offside. Fulham took the warning and are now playing deep, with 9 outfield players behind the ball when we are on the attack. We need something to unlock them.... maybe Cole, maybe Pacheco. We need something though.

I don't think this game suits Kuyt at all.... we're controlling the ball and another very technical player would suit us well here.

In saying all that, Dembélé missed the best chance of the game with the whole goal at his mercy, he fires straight at Reina. SHould have scored.

Talking of Martin Tyler's Former Monkey.... I have to say the RAWK Staff have been very easy on me this week considering I refered to Sian Massey as "unattractive", "flat-chested" and various other sexist comments. I can only apologise for the hurt I may have caused female officials everywhere.

Some very good early opportunities. Torres looked level. The game has slowed and settled after the 1st 15mins. Still feel we do not have enough ball winners in midfield when we do not have the ball.

I dunno if its sexist, its just kinda mean. And not true imo.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:01:34 pm by Refo »

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2011, 09:02:46 pm »
Half time summary from DonkeyWan. Hopefully him being at the computer means more Melwood Updates from his ITK are soon to be finding us.

Congrats to the lino for neatly demonstrating its not about gender, but ability (or lack thereof in this case).

This game is making me nervous, since we are vulnerable to a sucker punch. Honestly, lino gets that right, stroll in the park. Wrong and its 45 more nail biting minutes. Asshole.

We have looked a bit open at the back (due to Johnson and Kelly piling forward)

Again, the play is excellent in attack. Its only the final pass and some poor decision making that has blithed the firsth half performance. Kudos to Jonhson, Kelly and Agger who have all looked good. Credit Poulsen, he's pedestrian but solid so far. Problem is he only has ten more minutes at this tempo before his game deserts him. Gerrrard was very quiet at the start but has improved, his passing is off the mark so far though and instark contrast to the pinball passing of the rest of the side.

The rest are all doing fine (though Meireles has a bad habit of forcing the play at times)

We win, 7th. Lose, we are leap frogged by Fulham... gah!

I think it will take something special to unlock them here. Maybe Johnson LITERALLY murdering the full back and getting a cross in for Torres to spectacularly finish.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2011, 09:04:34 pm »
47 mins

Second half starts with Torres turning away from his marker and running at the Fulham defence, plays a poor pass to Gerrard who somehow gets it back to Torres.... but his through ball is poor and the runner is offside anyway.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2011, 09:05:49 pm »
49 mins

Poulsen gives away a freekick near the half way line to stop a counter attack. Good play. THankfully the freek comes to nothing also.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2011, 09:07:26 pm »
50 mins

Liverpool work another nice triangle of passes on the Fulham left. Johnson crosses but it's overhit and Kuyt can't get to it.

Liverpool cross now from the right this time, laid back by Torres and Maxi half volleys at goal. Blocked by Fulham and cleared.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2011, 09:08:21 pm »

Most bizarre goal I've seen... maybe an OG. But 1-0 Liverpool

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2011, 09:09:44 pm »
What a beauty!!!! ;D

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2011, 09:10:12 pm »
51 mins - LIVERPOOL GOAL - PAINTSIL OG

Torres gets the ball to feet 20 yards from goal... beats a man and fires a low shot to the bottom right corner. Hangeland deflects it, wrong foots the keeper and it hits the inside of the left post.

Painsil getting back tries to clear but hits the ball with the outside of his foot and it spins the opposide way he is facing into his own goal. How did he do it?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 09:12:55 pm »
Site slowed RIGHT down here. Difficult to post!

55 mins

Maxi wins a free kick off Murphy 20 yards from goal on our left.... but comes to nothing.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2011, 09:14:15 pm »
57 mins

Fulham freekick from their right. Reina comes out and completely dominated taking the ball and the player.

It's beautiful to see him rushing out and throwing the ball 60 yards up the pitch to feet again! We try to counter but it comes to nothing once more.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2011, 09:15:56 pm »
59 mins

Fulham work the ball well out to their right (why is Paintsil unmarked). He delivers a good cross but Dempseys volley is saved by Reina. Good pressure by Skrtel on him too.

We try to counter but Kuyt is offside.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2011, 09:17:39 pm »
Personal messages

Please cc Refo & 24/7 in any messages about the game and they'll get around to posting them or I will in a break in play. Thanks.

Gerrard

Is it just me or has he not really been involved much in the game today?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2011, 09:19:16 pm »
62 mins

We work the ball around well with some nice passing from Meireles, Gerrard and Poulsen in particular. Ball arrives with Kuyt whose lack of skill leaves him caught in possession.

Zoltan Gera on for Fulham

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2011, 09:20:31 pm »
MASSIVE thunder storm just opened up here. My electricity will probably cut out so if I vanish can you take over Refo?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2011, 09:22:35 pm »
65 mins

a 50-50 with Paintsil leaves Agger on the ground injured. He's up now but limping heavily. Come on Dagger, shake this off.

Skrtel comes right through the back of Dembele 25 hards from goal and conceeds the FK. NO need Skrtel!!!

Murphy's freekick curls wide.

Shelvey on for Kuyt

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2011, 09:24:32 pm »
67 mins

Some Sunday-League-esque football here with lots of tackles, trips and falling over on our left. Results in a freekcik to Fulham and Paintsil squaring up to Gerrard.

Ref gets between then, pulls them off ;) to one side and has a word. No cards though. Good referring!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2011, 09:26:19 pm »
69 mins

Paintsil trying to run down our left.... pushes Johnson to the ground.... then Agger steams over and gets in his face.

YELLOW CARD Paintsil.

He's losing his head here. Was hard in a challenge with Agger, then got in Gerrards face and now is throwing Johnson to the ground. Might see red if Hughes doesn't get him off.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2011, 09:29:18 pm »
72 mins

Fulham seemed to have wakened with that Paintsil spat.

Dembele squares to Gera who tries one from range but well closed down. Paintsil getting jeers everytime he's on the ball... he's glaring at the Ref still for the yellow card. Not a happy bunny.

Kelly running down the right but is shouldered off the ball by Dembele. Good defending Dembele. Been impressed with him bar his miss.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2011, 09:32:17 pm »
74 mins

RAUL + REINA = Awesome

Reina collects the ball and throws it quickly to the halfway line to Raul' feet who, with his first touch, hits it round the Fulham defender and sprints past him. Spots Torres on the left and tries to play him in but it is deflected wide for a corner.

Corner comes to nothing.

Meireles tackled heavily by Hangeland. 40 from goal, freekick Liverpool.

Gerrard with a poor freekick. He's not been his best today and the set pieces are particularly poor.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2011, 09:34:22 pm »
77 mins

Clint Dempsey with a mazy dribble through our defence. Agger puts enough pressure on and forces him to fire over the bar.

Agger now loses his header and Dempsey is onto the flick on like a flash.... but Skrtel does well to get across and clear. Close one!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2011, 09:36:27 pm »
78 mins

We need to get a woman to explain the offside rule to these men here!

Kelly and Shelvey working well down the right, Kelly plays Shelvey in but it's offside.

Fabio Aurelio on for Poulsen who looks pretty tired.  Good reception for him too from the Anfield crowd.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2011, 09:38:40 pm »
81 mins

BRILLIANT defending by Gerrard who rushes back and puts his face where Murphys boot is to head wide. Gets kicked in the face for it too. Corner.

From the corner Reina makes a great save to tip wide a header.

Another corner, another header from Hangeland and Raul has to hack off the line with his shin. Christ, we need another here.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2011, 09:40:39 pm »
83 mins

Liverpool respond to the kops anxiety by trying to keep the ball for a little. Excellent play by Meireles who weaves through some tackles. Eventually ball ends up getting played low into the box by Kelly.... but it's cleared by Fulham.

Shelvey on corner duty now.... but nothing comes of it.

Brilliant ball by Skrtel into the box to the path of Aurelio, but his shot is blocked. THrow in.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2011, 09:43:22 pm »
86 mins

Some anxious defending at the back here from Liverpool. Under a lot of pressure and Kelly does well to hack away.

We try to counter to Torres but it's blocked out by the Fulham defence.

A. Johnson now goes on a run down out left.... gets behind Kelly well and cuts it back.... but cleared by Liverpool.

Like the Wolves game... Kelly is getting skinned here late on in the game.

Raul dragging Murphy to the ground on the right hand corner of our box. Very dangerous position.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2011, 09:45:11 pm »
88 mins

Great ball by Murphy, nodded back across goal to dembele who again, hits it straight at Reina with the goal at his mercy. THANK GOD!

We try to counter and Maxi races away one on one with the keeper.... but a Fulham defender gets back well and clears.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2011, 09:45:59 pm »
90 mins

3 minutes to be added

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2011, 09:47:27 pm »
90 + 1

We need to hang on in here. Dempsey and A.Johnson both looking dangerous. Murphy tricky from set pieces too.

Johnson works his way down the left into the Fulham box but goes down under pessure. Wants a penalty but nothing doing.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2011, 09:48:41 pm »
92 mins

Long tthrow by Fulham, flicked on by Hangeland into the 6yrd box. Nobody there thankfully and hacked away. Another throw.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2011, 09:49:58 pm »
90 + 3

Same again, Hangeland flicks on and Reina punches clear through a crowd of players.

We try to counter but it breaks down. More pressure by Fulham and finally it's hacked away by Maxi.....

FINAL WHISTLE - 1-0 Liverpool

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:56:17 pm by BabuYagu »

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2011, 09:51:04 pm »
And not a moment to soon says my heart.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2011, 09:52:43 pm »
Second half not as good as the first. A lot of shaky defending too but we got the luck we haven't had since 08/09 in the goal.

Raul was my MOM again. Johnson was awesome too. Dempsey and Dembele impressed me for Fulham.

That was awful reffing by Probert in the last ten minutes. It's all down to him missing that first foul on Johnson before the handbags between Gerrard and Paintsil started. If he blows for the foul none of the kicking and shoving would have happened...

Yep, spot on. Paintsil just lost it after that.

18 months of dreadful luck since the beach ball.

About time we got a break.

Good point. Agreed!

What is with the constant anxiety in the last 20 mins of all games? Needs work.

No clue and I don't like it.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2011, 09:54:15 pm »
I'd say we deserved that lucky goal after the 3 beauties against Wolves! Can't be beautiful every time!

Poulsen is our best player this far imo.

Yeah, my half time prediction of a wonder goal was WAY off. Really don't care. Loving that we are 7th again. Back towards where we belong :)

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2011, 09:55:34 pm »
Okay I'm off here. My hands are throbbing (easy lads!). Doubt I've typed so much in my life!!!

Hopefully a mod turns this over to the waiting masses soon.

Take care  and enjoy the rest of the evening!

Offline Refo

• ree! How art thee?!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 10:11:53 pm »
Ratings time:

Reina: 9
Made some decent saves and was excellent on crosses. His distribution was brilliant too.

Kelly: 6
Solid, but beaten a few times by Johnson and gave the ball away needlessly occasionally.

Skrtel: 6
Not Awful, but he puts us under pressure giving away some needless fouls. Fulham targeted him in this game.

Agger: 8
A top notch display. Made no mistakes of note and got forward a few times.

Johnson: 9
Man of the match display from Johnson today, hardly put a foot wrong in defense and was VERY dangerous going forward. Unlucky not to score or get an assist.

Poulsen: 7
Solid, workmanlike performance. He's improved tremendously under KK.

Gerrard: 7
Played in the position vacated by Lucas, kept the ball moving well, not vintage Gerrard but not bad at all.

Mereiles: 7.5
Very dangerous going forward, but his final ball let him down.

Kuyt: 6
Nothing special. Game didn't really suit him.

Maxi: 6.5
Kept the ball moving well.

Torres: 8
Battled very well, unlucky to be wrongfully called offside in the first half.

Subs:
Shelvey: 6.5
Battled hard, good to see him getting experience.

Aurelio: 6
Didn't get too many touches

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2011, 10:14:59 pm »
Great job again lads. :wave

87:13