Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1405746 times)

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #7760 on: March 9, 2019, 05:43:38 pm »
Anyone know why they have made 7 changes and appear to be putting their reserves out?

They fancy themselves in the cup. I suppose they do have an OUTSIDE chance but it’s a bit surprising

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7761 on: March 9, 2019, 06:22:47 pm »
Somewhat frustrated to watch Bournemouth and then Watford essentially offer no challenge to City. It's actually embarrassing. I'd be ashamed to be their fans when their team plays like this.

Watford are absolutely terrible, but to be honest Man City don't look very good either. If they keep playing like this, they will drop points for sure. To be honest, given how tight the relegation battle is, Burnley at Turf moor and Cardiff won't be that easy games either as those teams will be highly motivated and energetic, much more so than Watford is.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2019, 06:25:56 pm by mrantarctica »

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7762 on: March 9, 2019, 06:23:15 pm »
45 mins to go!!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #7763 on: March 9, 2019, 06:24:44 pm »
45 mins to go!!

Ha wishful thinking. I’m just grateful the goal difference is still solid! Think city will scrape this 1-0

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7764 on: March 9, 2019, 06:26:23 pm »
It's a bit shit that in City's last 3 games, they've won with the opponents not being arsed in the slightest. West Ham, Bournemouth and now Watford not even trying. Wouldn't be surprised if City had paid them to throw the game.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7765 on: March 9, 2019, 06:29:00 pm »
It's a bit shit that in City's last 3 games, they've won with the opponents not being arsed in the slightest. West Ham, Bournemouth and now Watford not even trying. Wouldn't be surprised if City had paid them to throw the game.

I take it you're not watching the game then? Because Watford have done very very good, limited City to one chance in 45 mins.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7766 on: March 9, 2019, 06:30:53 pm »
Ha wishful thinking. I’m just grateful the goal difference is still solid! Think city will scrape this 1-0
yeah true. good for GD if watford can at least keep the score down

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7767 on: March 9, 2019, 06:31:54 pm »
I take it you're not watching the game then? Because Watford have done very very good, limited City to one chance in 45 mins.

It's on, but I'm not paying attention. I'm mind gaming the fuck out of them  :D

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7768 on: March 9, 2019, 06:32:13 pm »
Not watching it but it sounds like a training session and you just know City will eventually break through the bus. Ideally just like Palace and Leicester did recently, Watford have a go. I’ll do a Tepid and drink my own piss if this stays 0-0
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #7769 on: March 9, 2019, 06:34:41 pm »
BULLSHIT!!!

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #7770 on: March 9, 2019, 06:35:00 pm »
Let’s not be Colin Wanker about the changes eh folks? There’s no conspiracy here, they want to win the FA Cup and any team with an ounce of ambition would do the same, prioritising the trophy they can win over a league they cannot. We did the same in 2005. We did the same last year. So let’s remember that no-one owes us any favours but hope City have an off day between now and the end of the season.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #7771 on: March 9, 2019, 06:35:29 pm »
Bad Penalty against West Ham, Bad Goal Now!! My god :no

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7772 on: March 9, 2019, 06:36:24 pm »
 :butt :butt :butt And now Man City get an offside goal. Laughable. When are they going to employ officials that actually know the rules?

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7773 on: March 9, 2019, 06:36:34 pm »
May aswell throw the towel in if they're getting reffing like that. Yet still people will say it's not corrupt

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7774 on: March 9, 2019, 06:37:48 pm »
The officials have gifted them the game right there, Watford have nothing to defend now - it was an easy decision to get right, they didn't,

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7775 on: March 9, 2019, 06:38:38 pm »
May aswell throw the towel in if they're getting reffing like that. Yet still people will say it's not corrupt

To be fair, Watford threw in the towel before the game started. I think it'll be the 2nd game running that their opposition won't even have a shot on goal.

Now that they have their early goal, I think the score will balloon out. Probably 4-0 or 5-0 I would say. Oh well, we need to just win all our games.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2019, 06:41:57 pm by mrantarctica »

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7776 on: March 9, 2019, 06:40:03 pm »
These fucking currupt shithouses. I hope they get the Juventus treatment and every fucking trophy took off them. That non-red card on Kompany in the away game is going to go down as the biggest wrong decision of the season. Lucky Liverpool though eh!!!!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7777 on: March 9, 2019, 06:45:33 pm »
It does actually make me wonder. If your plan is to park the bus. Why not just play every defender and midfielder in your squad? Certainly better than playing forwards who can't defend but who aren't going to realistically get a shot in (let alone get in the opposition half)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7778 on: March 9, 2019, 06:47:09 pm »
Just have to keep our heads and control what we can control. Win tomorrow and I’m sure we’ll get an opportunity to go back ahead of them (even without playing an extra game). Sooner or later they’ll slip up.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #7779 on: March 9, 2019, 06:47:16 pm »
we cant fuck around.. we MUST win all our remaining games and hope they will lose points against United

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7780 on: March 9, 2019, 06:52:51 pm »
we cant fuck around.. we MUST win all our remaining games and hope they will lose points against United

city are not losing any points until the end

Well that escalated quickly didn’t it? The two minutes that killed our hopes
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #7781 on: March 9, 2019, 06:57:21 pm »
cant wait now for tomorrow, hope we perform aswel as taking maximum points
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #7782 on: March 9, 2019, 06:58:03 pm »
Why are ya's all pissing your pants again because City are beating Watford? Wasn't that the expected outcome anyway? Literally nothing has changed. We still have to win our match tomorrow. City may still drop points before the end of the season. That's it. It's called a title run-in.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7783 on: March 9, 2019, 06:59:29 pm »
Although Manchester City are getting dodgy decision after the other in their favour, ultimately we're the ones who've lined up against dross, fielding 'that' midfield and came away with draw after draw. That is on us, no one else.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7784 on: March 9, 2019, 07:01:27 pm »
Why are ya's all pissing your pants again because City are beating Watford? Wasn't that the expected outcome anyway? Literally nothing has changed. We still have to win our match tomorrow. City may still drop points before the end of the season. That's it. It's called a title run-in.

City to win is the expected outcome in every single one of their remaining games though, where do you see them dropping points?

I look and I think potentially Spurs and/or Leicester.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7785 on: March 9, 2019, 07:01:57 pm »
Although Manchester City are getting dodgy decision after the other in their favour, ultimately we're the ones who've lined up against dross, fielding 'that' midfield and came away with draw after draw. That is on us, no one else.

You do need refs to go in your favour to win a title though. Look at some of the Manc title wins and all the decisions they got. That's the main reason why we won't win it, along with being up against a team who can buy anyone and get away with it.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #7786 on: March 9, 2019, 07:07:16 pm »
City to win is the expected outcome in every single one of their remaining games though, where do you see them dropping points?

I look and I think potentially Spurs and/or Leicester.

They've lost to Leicester, Crystal Palace and Newcastle this season (I feel like I'm forgetting another one as well). So basically I can see them dropping points any one of these matches from now until the end of the season. They will drop points, and if they don't they deserve to the title.

We've just got to do our thing, which at the moment is beat Burnley.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7787 on: March 9, 2019, 07:09:56 pm »

It's not pissing pants. It has no bearing on whether we get the points or not, or on our title challenge. But it's justifiable irritation that Watford (or Bournemouth) are barely trying. For the first 60 mins their players just strolled around the pitch. There was no pressure on the ball, and no willingness to make it difficult for Man City.  When Success came off, he looked exactly the same as when he came on. The moment that they actually put some effort in, Man City shat their pants and they scored.

Its one thing to get schooled by Man City if they play scintillating football and actually just outmatch them for skill, but when it is one side walking around watching the other side have all the time in the world, it is annoying. You expect better from professionals who are that highly paid. I'd be annoyed if I was part of their travelling supporters.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2019, 07:16:43 pm by mrantarctica »

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #7788 on: March 9, 2019, 07:18:48 pm »
That's the thing, teams are not having a go at all or just wait until they're 3 or 4 nil down like Watford today. Has Ederson made more than one or two saves in the last couple of matches? Most teams are just throwing in the towel against them. Spurs and United are the only real hope but one of them is in absolutely shit form and the other would rather City win it then us. Leicester might cause them problems but knowing Rodgers he'll go all out and attack them and lose something like 5-2.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7789 on: March 9, 2019, 07:19:27 pm »
Still confident that we will do it.  Burnley and Fulham has to be 6 points.   Do that and we are two clear with City’s game in hand at Old Trafford.
We are Loyal Supporters

Online Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7790 on: March 9, 2019, 07:21:43 pm »
Still confident that we will do it.  Burnley and Fulham has to be 6 points.   Do that and we are two clear with City’s game in hand at Old Trafford.

Plenty of games left. We'll have to be superb to do this, but we are capable. City will drop points at least once.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #7791 on: March 9, 2019, 07:21:54 pm »
They've lost to Leicester, Crystal Palace and Newcastle this season (I feel like I'm forgetting another one as well). So basically I can see them dropping points any one of these matches from now until the end of the season. They will drop points, and if they don't they deserve to the title.

We've just got to do our thing, which at the moment is beat Burnley.

Agree with the sentiment. They've dropped points out of nowhere at stages this season. I'd say that they are favourites right now...

BUT...

...they play more games away than at home for the remainder of the league.

...they've got man utd away.

...they'll have a fixture pile up.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7792 on: March 9, 2019, 07:23:20 pm »
Does anyone actually believe that OGS’s team talk against City will be like this. “Right lads we need to keep winning for the top 4 and I really want a good result so I get the job full time, but we can’t help the Scousers so roll over and lose 0-6.”
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7793 on: March 9, 2019, 07:25:04 pm »
That's the thing, teams are not having a go at all or just wait until they're 3 or 4 nil down like Watford today. Has Ederson made more than one or two saves in the last couple of matches? Most teams are just throwing in the towel against them. Spurs and United are the only real hope but one of them is in absolutely shit form and the other would rather City win it then us. Leicester might cause them problems but knowing Rodgers he'll go all out and attack them and lose something like 5-2.

To be honest, when they are attacked, they actually look more vulnerable. Without Fernandinho they look fragile. Otamendi has a brain melt in him and Kompany is not the defender he used to be. There are goals to be scored against. When teams sit back and surrender the ball, then it's just a matter of time given the attacking riches they have at their disposal.

As you say, teams seem to think they won't get anything against them so just park the bus and hope they can either hold on, or keep the scoreline respectable.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7794 on: March 9, 2019, 07:25:18 pm »
If they are dropping points then its in their last 6. They are winning the next two. So if there is any panic then that will be in April, not March.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7795 on: March 9, 2019, 07:25:57 pm »
Expect them to win their next few games but hopefully slip up one more time, leaving it open for us.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7796 on: March 9, 2019, 07:35:58 pm »
Plenty of games left. We'll have to be superb to do this, but we are capable. City will drop points at least once.
Exactly. IMO they'll drop points in at least 2 or 3 matches. They're on a winning run which is likely unsustainable & will end soon. No need for anyone to panic.

We just need to do a tiny bit better than them & we win. :)
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #7797 on: March 9, 2019, 07:40:28 pm »
Win our next two and we go into the international break ahead. That’s a goo£ marker. Anything other than six points is unthinkable really given the two fixtures we have. It is an absolute must. Then it’s the final stretch. Anything can happen.
Internet terrorist

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #7798 on: March 9, 2019, 07:45:45 pm »
Win our next two and we go into the international break ahead. That’s a goo£ marker. Anything other than six points is unthinkable really given the two fixtures we have. It is an absolute must. Then it’s the final stretch. Anything can happen.

Key is to take one match at a time.

Tomorrow is a banana skin but it would be gold to be top going into break.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #7799 on: March 9, 2019, 07:47:39 pm »
Key is to take one match at a time.

Tomorrow is a banana skin but it would be gold to be top going into break.

For the players. We can speculate! Six from the next two is a must for me.
Internet terrorist