Author Topic: Half time: Liverpool 3-0 Southampton  (Read 2879 times)

Offline Gogeqac

• Main Stander
  • Ohhh ya beauty!
Re: Half time: Liverpool 3-0 Southampton
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2021, 03:53:15 pm »
Don't think Southampton deserve to be 3 goals down, they could've easily scored 1 or 2.
They're pressing high, which is causing us some problems (Thiago particularly) but at the same time they leave huge spaces for our front three.
YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2021, 03:53:17 pm »
Not too bad
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2021, 03:53:22 pm »
Excellent half. I love it when we play teams who want to press us. When we bypass Southampton’s press then our front three are against their back three.

Salah has been great. A couple of lose passes from us but overall we have been good.

Just watch Jota’s positioning for the 2nd goal. He knew where to go and it looked like a tap in but it was vintage centre forward play.

Jota is an absolute quality signing he's going to get so much better as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2021, 03:53:33 pm »
Jotas positioning is freakishly good

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2021, 03:53:36 pm »
First team since Sunderland in 1927 to score two of more goals in 17 consecutive games.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2021, 03:53:57 pm »
More sloppiness than Sloppy Bob's sloppy seconds but still, 3-0 up. Could be a lot more. Get Mo and Sadio a goal, get Diogo his hat-trick, get out with the three points, get Hassenhutl a hanky
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2021, 03:54:17 pm »
A little bit similar to Brighton in the first half hour but Brighton are better coached than Southampton who have given us too much space and take more risks.

Having Thiago back is a game changer in terms of driving forward and keeping the ball, although he's had sloppy moments as well.

Great to finally see that midfield 3.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2021, 03:54:29 pm »
3 - 0 up fantastic

but.......

fuck me, that's as sloppy a half from us as i've seen, how many fucking times are we gifting them opportunites?

southampton's offensive plan has worked, outnumber us in the midfield and press us into mistakes or get the second ball, they've been in a number of times and other opportunities they should have built into goal scoring chances

it was a brave choice of tactic from H (i can't spell his fucking name) in that he's chose to go at us and win the midfield battle and hit into the half spaces when up against it, sure it's backfired in that we're 3 up but had they taken their chances i dont know who would be winning atm. and im sure he felt if they just sat back they'd lose anyway, not gonna go in on him for that

i guarantee klopp is telling them to clean their fucking act up
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2021, 03:54:41 pm »
You've got to respect/admire any coach that sets up a team to come to Anfield and have a go, but it's also fucking stupid isn't it?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2021, 03:54:53 pm »
First team since Sunderland in 1927 to score two of more goals in 17 consecutive games.

Writing new history I like that.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2021, 03:55:03 pm »
Rest some players 2nd half we have the Bitters next

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2021, 03:55:27 pm »
Damn thats entertaining football!  ;D

We get a bit sloppy sometimes when we know we can carve a team open any time we turn up the dial, but thats only human. I won't cry to hard about it, 3-0 and cruising.

Obvious incredible movement up front some of the best stuff in the world aside, quite pleased with Konate's performance, he definitely seems to be getting to grips with the pace of the prem game and his natural ability's are off the charts with that size and speed. He shoiuld be quite the package by the time he hits 27-28.

Also the Robbo Out crew might want a rethink, man simply need a rest once a century of games or so and right back atcha.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Gogeqac

• Main Stander
  • Ohhh ya beauty!
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2021, 03:56:07 pm »
3 - 0 up fantastic

but.......

fuck me, that's as sloppy a half from us as i've seen, how many fucking times are we gifting them opportunites?

southampton's offensive plan has worked, outnumber us in the midfield and press us into mistakes or get the second ball, they've been in a number of times and other opportunities they should have built into goal scoring chances

it was a brave choice of tactic from H (i can't spell his fucking name) in that he's chose to go at us and win the midfield battle and hit into the half spaces when up against it, sure it's backfired in that we're 3 up but had they taken their chances i dont know who would be winning atm. and im sure he felt if they just sat back they'd lose anyway, not gonna go in on him for that

This
YNWA

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2021, 03:56:41 pm »
Jotas positioning is freakishly good

yeah he's elite

Offline ArcticRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:10 pm »
Bit sloppy but more than enough for the three goals and more.
Not sure how Bednarek stayed on the field after that stamp, and still not sure what part of Sadio was offside this time.
A little sharper, less sloppy errors in the 2nd half and we pad our goal difference a bit

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:10 pm »
Once again Mo receiving little protection?

Still, it's a good score line so far. Would like us to add more as it sounds as though Southampton are playing far from bad. Yet another team saving their best for us.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:11 pm »
2 quick goals 2nd half please then take front 3 off

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:19 pm »
I mean the 'sloppiness' might just be wind-assisted but we need to tighten up a bit. Maybe don't try so many tricks and flicks just meat and potato passes while the wind is a concern.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:21 pm »
Don't think Southampton deserve to be 3 goals down, they could've easily scored 1 or 2.
They're pressing high, which is causing us some problems (Thiago particularly) but at the same time they leave huge spaces for our front three.

not sure what game you are watching to be honest.

hendo having a rather quiet game but made some really key passes.

love the robbo and mane interplay and hopefully jota gets his hattrick

hope to see a couple of early subs so that our teams remains fresh.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:34 pm »
3 - 0 up fantastic

but.......

I think Potter just executed that gameplan better (although it's fine margins of taking your chances).

Teams know the way to get at us now but the good thing for us is teams pressing high and committing forward helps us when we're at it in winning the ball and beating the press (i.e. Leeds and Man U away).

A team pressing high was always going to cause some problems at the back for us in these conditions but when we beat their press we cut through them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 03:59:21 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:52 pm »

Have they had a chance of note?
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:53 pm »
Brilliant save by Alisson near the end of the half.
#JFT97

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2021, 03:57:55 pm »
Can I just say it’s an absolute privilege and a pleasure to watch this team.

It doesn’t have to be perfect, yes we can pick at being a bit more open than ideal, but we’re scoring really good goals for fun.

And Alisson is so so difficult to beat one on one
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2021, 03:58:21 pm »
Can I just say it’s an absolute privilege and a pleasure to watch this team.

+1.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2021, 03:58:25 pm »
3 - 0 up fantastic

but.......

Hope we are this sloppy every week
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:07 pm »
yeah he's elite
He's the one thing we maybe lacked even in our amazing attack - an instinctive poaching number 9 who is always well positioned between the posts. That he has other strings to his bow as well is a bonus.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:13 pm »
Once again Mo receiving little protection?

Or Mane.

Should have been a red for that tackle on him
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:14 pm »
loving this, all action performance, hope we keep going forward and get more
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:17 pm »
Have they had a chance of note?

Yes…….Alisson saved well down to his right.
#JFT97

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:36 pm »
Crazy 1st half could've 6-3! Bit too open at times, maybe we're going for the outscoring tactic. Now were so ahead we can easily put another 2 or 3 past then if we put in the killer pass.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2021, 04:00:24 pm »
Everyone complaining about our defensive bloopers…
The reason we are giving chances is because we are trying to score, when really we cold pass it to death and allow them to get back behind the ball.
Their “chances” are coming from turnovers where we are pushing the limits of attacking play and it isn’t quite coming off.
If we wanted to we could defend and control the game, but we won’t.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2021, 04:00:26 pm »
Damn thats entertaining football!  ;D

We get a bit sloppy sometimes when we know we can carve a team open any time we turn up the dial, but thats only human. I won't cry to hard about it, 3-0 and cruising.

Obvious incredible movement up front some of the best stuff in the world aside, quite pleased with Konate's performance, he definitely seems to be getting to grips with the pace of the prem game and his natural ability's are off the charts with that size and speed. He shoiuld be quite the package by the time he hits 27-28.

Also the Robbo Out crew might want a rethink, man simply need a rest once a century of games or so and right back atcha.

konate is worrying me, he's so easily pulled out of position, coming out and not winning the ball when he doesn't need to be coming out, and dont get more started on trying to dribble the ball past your opponent in your OWN FUCKING box (or was that thiago, or both? i cant remember, there's been that many sloppy plays by us)! cut that shit out - lot's of sloppiness to clean up
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2021, 04:01:04 pm »
3 - 0 up fantastic

but.......

If a team presses high against us, we're going to take risks as playing through the press will mean big chances. It hasn't worked on occasion, sure, but I guarantee Klopp is telling them to carry on doing what they're doing because they're going to create more chances than Southampton by doing so.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.