Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 756844 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #4560 on: November 28, 2021, 11:51:35 am »
Starts for me on Wednesday.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4561 on: November 28, 2021, 12:09:39 pm »

In place of who?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4562 on: November 28, 2021, 12:40:15 pm »

Matip in for Konate and yesterday's team is our strongest side now. Hope we don't change anything else for Everton. Hendo and Thiago were the two to be taken off early, with the game won, you'd expect with Wednesday in mind.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4563 on: December 7, 2021, 09:57:54 pm »
Too much speed, too much power, they just couldn't deal with him all night.  Worked his socks off too.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #4564 on: December 7, 2021, 10:00:03 pm »
Brilliant game from him. So, so good. Twisting, turning, running, driving, marauding. Boss.

RAWK armchair managers: "Sell him"
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4565 on: December 7, 2021, 10:00:06 pm »
Hands up, I thought he was done for us. He’s proving me very wrong.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4566 on: December 7, 2021, 10:01:44 pm »
He was brilliant today, would have scored that at the end if he wasn’t assaulted but deighted with that showing. He’s fit and playing and we can see the rhythm in his game.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4567 on: December 7, 2021, 10:02:26 pm »
Excellent today. Well in Ox!
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4568 on: December 7, 2021, 10:02:38 pm »
Excellent tonight. Too strong for an admittedly physically weak Milan side. But even more importantly he looked super fit.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4569 on: December 7, 2021, 10:03:15 pm »
Unbelievable performance. What a squad we have.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4570 on: December 7, 2021, 10:04:13 pm »
Was the ox of old. Top class. Stay fit lad.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4571 on: December 7, 2021, 10:04:23 pm »
Good game from Ox, stepped up with 2nd string players around. should have scored that chance at the end though...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4572 on: December 7, 2021, 10:05:55 pm »
He was so good tonight, charging through the middle. How did he not get a penalty when the goalie and another Milan player brought him down?  ???
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4573 on: December 7, 2021, 10:07:52 pm »
Great game from Ox. Ran powerfully with the ball, took players on and looked dangerous. Was willing him to get a much deserved goal at the end there.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4574 on: December 7, 2021, 10:55:32 pm »
Please don't be injured. The dribbling at speed is a joy to behold.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #4575 on: December 8, 2021, 09:26:21 am »
Ran himself into the ground and, for quite a few too many heart palpitating minutes, put his body on the line. This run of games has really benefitted him and, in turn, the squad. His quality has really shone through. Lets hope he stays fit.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4576 on: December 8, 2021, 09:46:03 am »
I think he's started to trust his body a bit more now so is going into games with more intensity.

He has always been a good player, and offers things our other midfielders don't so he is a key member of the squad. Just hope he stays fit.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4577 on: December 8, 2021, 10:08:12 am »
AOC played well again last night. It builds on his good performances over the last month or so.

Hopefully it continues since he's a valuable asset to this squad and brings something slightly different to the midfield.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #4578 on: December 8, 2021, 10:29:23 am »
Was the ox of old. Top class. Stay fit lad.

Keep it that way.

He is playing centrally in an advanced role that utilises his pace and power.

However with Fab and Thiago playing, he might have to learn the Henderson role to link up with Salah and Trent on the right. Something he will need to get up to speed quickly if he were to establish himself as regular starter.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4579 on: December 8, 2021, 02:16:28 pm »
in some ways Ox is now like the player we hoped Keita was gonna be - dribble past defenders, create chances, take shots.  Naby (and Thiago  obvs) can do it, but not with as much dynamism/strength as he can.

just great to see it.  keep it up, Ox!

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4580 on: December 8, 2021, 05:00:56 pm »
in some ways Ox is now like the player we hoped Keita was gonna be - dribble past defenders, create chances, take shots.  Naby (and Thiago  obvs) can do it, but not with as much dynamism/strength as he can.

just great to see it.  keep it up, Ox!

And strangely, Keita is changing into the player that Henderson is now. I suppose both are adapting their game for the good of the team.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4581 on: December 17, 2021, 02:26:04 am »
Not to put a sour note on things but thought he was really poor, Keita was a different level from him.

Most definitely a bench player.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4582 on: December 17, 2021, 02:09:52 pm »
I thought he played really well, looking to create all game, broke forward a few times only to be brought down and Keita came in and played a completely different game which is fine. It's like comparing Henderson and Fab playing the 6 role, they play it completely differently and likely would even more at different stages of the game.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4583 on: December 17, 2021, 03:54:52 pm »
I thought he played really well, looking to create all game, broke forward a few times only to be brought down
Not to put a sour note on things but thought he was really poor, Keita was a different level from him.

Most definitely a bench player.

Never ceases to amaze me how ppl can see the exact same game / performance and come away with 100% opposite impressions. Happens virtually every game, and has nothing to do with anyone trying to be a prick, or having a long-term hate/love for the player in question.  ;D

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4584 on: December 17, 2021, 04:52:30 pm »
In my opinion, our midfield is much too open to be played through when Ox and/or Naby are on the pitch. I also don’t think it is coincidence that Thiago has a poor game, like last night v Newcastle, when Fabinho isn’t there. Playing three out and out attackers, as we do, means we need to be defensively sound in midfield even with such a good defence.

Ox is undoubtedly talented and does have something different to add but I can’t see him getting a regular place in the side.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #4585 on: December 17, 2021, 05:08:25 pm »
I thought he played really well, looking to create all game, broke forward a few times only to be brought down and Keita came in and played a completely different game which is fine.

I'm the same. I thought AOC had a decent, if unspectacular, game. Thought it built on his recent contribution overs the last 4-6 weeks.

Thought Keita was good when he came on also. The changes with Keita and Frmino helped us in the 2nd half though I don't think it was indicative of the performances of the players who were replaced -  AOC and Salah.

Overall I thought the balance in midfield wasn't quite right last night. Fabinho not being there didn't help. It made us look a little vulnerable to quick transitions on occasions. Van Dijk not being there played a role, as did some players giving the ball away cheaply in the 1st half. With Fabinho not playing in the No.6, it didn't look like we just put Henderson or Thiago there. Not from watching on the TV. It felt like the midfield shape was a bit different with almost Henderson and Thiago playing as a 2 (but not as 2 x No.6).
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4586 on: December 17, 2021, 05:44:49 pm »
In my opinion, our midfield is much too open to be played through when Ox and/or Naby are on the pitch. I also don’t think it is coincidence that Thiago has a poor game, like last night v Newcastle, when Fabinho isn’t there. Playing three out and out attackers, as we do, means we need to be defensively sound in midfield even with such a good defence.

Ox is undoubtedly talented and does have something different to add but I can’t see him getting a regular place in the side.
So Fabinho not playing, makes Thiago play blind passes to the opposition? I just think he was off with the ball yesterday, that’s all.

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4587 on: December 17, 2021, 10:50:35 pm »
So Fabinho not playing, makes Thiago play blind passes to the opposition? I just think he was off with the ball yesterday, that’s all.

Yes, he looked a bit heavy legged too. But I do think he plays with more of a swagger when he knows Fabinho is around.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4588 on: December 18, 2021, 07:34:58 am »
He desperately want a goal. Hopefully get one soon.

I've been surprised by his workrate of late. Seems to never stop running!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #4589 on: December 18, 2021, 01:30:08 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/17/jurgen-klopp-delights-alex-oxlade-chamberlain-fine-liverpool-form

“It’s pretty much the best Oxlade since I am here,” the Liverpool manager said. “I know he was more spectacular in moments, scored wonderful goals against [Manchester] City and really good goals for us, but it is a completely new quality now – calming the game down, being not only the sprinter with the ball or the shooter but being involved in all the things on the pitch. It is a massive step. I am really happy with Ox in the moment and hopefully it stays like this.”

The England international will be out of contract at the end of next season and has been linked with a January move, although Klopp insists a decision on whether to cash in or offer an extension is not a priority at present.

“I think it is a completely normal situation,” he said. “It is about what makes sense for both sides in six or 18 months or whatever. But it is not important at all at the moment. In this moment what is important is how do you contribute when you play? That is the only thing.

“We will not stay together for ever. That is how it is. If someone wants to go somewhere else we have to find a solution for it. If we want to find somebody from another club we have to find a solution for it – all these kind of things. But it has nothing to do with now. It’s about how you play in the moment and then you are in the starting lineup.

“If your contract expires in two days, four months or five years it makes absolutely no difference. All the players are important because they can really contribute in the moment when they start or when they come on and that is why they are Liverpool players.”

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4590 on: December 22, 2021, 10:22:25 pm »
Great tonight! Still has lots to offer

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4591 on: December 22, 2021, 10:23:09 pm »
MOTM for me, kept us in it with his goal and lead by example all night

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4592 on: December 22, 2021, 10:25:22 pm »
He's accelerating by people regularly while dribbling!

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #4593 on: December 22, 2021, 10:28:12 pm »
Wonderful ability to carry the ball through enemy lines. Brilliant today.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #4594 on: December 22, 2021, 10:58:54 pm »
So good to see him back in full flight with ball at feet, just hope he stays fit.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4595 on: December 22, 2021, 11:08:42 pm »
He is looking like he did when he first joined us. The minutes he has gotten must have helped a lot.

Awesome player to have available for Klopp. Can see him playing in CL games.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4596 on: December 22, 2021, 11:52:22 pm »
That is the Ox we know.

Quality tonight!

Offline donnerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #4597 on: December 22, 2021, 11:54:22 pm »
He was so dangerous tonight, direct and progressive! Excited the kop every time he got on the ball

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #4598 on: December 23, 2021, 12:33:18 am »
Absolutely made up for him scoring. He’s gradually been getting better week by week these last few months. So good to see him playing like this again.

"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4599 on: December 23, 2021, 12:53:00 am »
Ox is back! Assertive, drives forward, the dribbling and shooting from distance are all welcome. He will need to hone his shooting, but the intent is there.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."