Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1736352 times)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Lets Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »
Only way people will improve the atmosphere is by not going.

Because that's the only way that the club will engage in any sort of initiative to make it better.

Stop filling the Kop and they might let people sit together, or lower ticket prices so young lads can get in.

Fill it week in week out and all you'll get is polite ignorance, because all they want is your money.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2014, 05:12:57 pm »
I said exactly the same thing in my previous post but as iamrob says, it doesn't solve the issue does it? Just because people go a lot, doesn't mean they want to sing. You need a specific section where you 'know what is expected of you', a section that you have to apply to be a part of then you know you are with people who 'want' to sing and a section that you have to have gone to a certain criteria for to be allowed in too.
http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And-Hospitality/Tickets-And-Hospitality-News/2014/Apr/manchester-united-singing-section.aspx

:-X

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2014, 05:13:01 pm »
But attending X amount of matches doesn't mean they will sing, otherwise we'd of had a pretty damn good atmosphere yesterday given 50% of the members sale tickets went to those who had 14+ games last season.

How could you police it? Kick out anyone who doesn't sing and cut up their members card? Fact is people will happily lie that they will sing to get a ticket given how hard it is to get them currently.

If you apply to the club to be able to stand in the singing section, you would have thought that you would want to sing? Yes, some people may lie to get a ticket but if you are a regular, you are guaranteed a ticket anyway are you not?

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2014, 05:15:04 pm »
Fill it week in week out and all you'll get is polite ignorance, because all they want is your money.

Not sure that is the case as they were willing to work to create the 300 blocks and move people to them, same for working with RTK before that. From what I gather they're fairly good with the flag guys too.

At the end of the day, a better atmosphere at the ground is better for the clubs pockets through a whole load of avenues (ticket demand, attracting sponsors, marketing, etc) so they do have reasons to be interested beyond simple ticket sales.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2014, 05:24:47 pm »
Only way people will improve the atmosphere is by not going.

Because that's the only way that the club will engage in any sort of initiative to make it better.

Stop filling the Kop and they might let people sit together, or lower ticket prices so young lads can get in.

I hear what you're saying, but I think the issue is there's that much unvocal support that don't care about the atmosphere that if the vocal minority (we are now lets be honest) stopped going, there'd be as many to take our place.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2014, 05:31:50 pm »
If you apply to the club to be able to stand in the singing section, you would have thought that you would want to sing? Yes, some people may lie to get a ticket but if you are a regular, you are guaranteed a ticket anyway are you not?

Yeah you could be guaranteed a ticket still, but you could be in the Anny Rd (like you were) or stuck in the Main Stand. I imagine plenty would be more than happy to 'bend' the truth to get a ticket in the Kop and then go on to sit quietly all game.

I totally agree with the idea of having an area for like minded fans who want to sing, it just seems impossible to police or enforce.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2014, 05:46:33 pm »
Yeah you could be guaranteed a ticket still, but you could be in the Anny Rd (like you were) or stuck in the Main Stand. I imagine plenty would be more than happy to 'bend' the truth to get a ticket in the Kop and then go on to sit quietly all game.

I totally agree with the idea of having an area for like minded fans who want to sing, it just seems impossible to police or enforce.

I don't get what you mean though mate. If someone wants to sit on the KOP then they can do by the normal methods, they don't have to buy tickets in the singing section to be guaranteed a ticket on the KOP.

What happened to me was a joke from the club by only releasing a certain amount of KOP tickets in the first sale. If they released them all, I would have got them no problem.

So basically, they release all the tickets for people who have been to 14+ who want to sit on the KOP but they also have a section for people who meet a certain qualifying criteria who want to sing.

That way you wont get people applying to be in the singing section who doesn't want to contribute to it just so they get to be on the KOP.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2014, 06:18:41 pm »
I'll add my 2 pence later but it was down to being turned around by Southampton on the toss, everybody sitting again, and generally us playing shite.

This.

But no doubt this thread will soon turn anti-OOT

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2014, 06:21:34 pm »
I don't get what you mean though mate. If someone wants to sit on the KOP then they can do by the normal methods, they don't have to buy tickets in the singing section to be guaranteed a ticket on the KOP.

What happened to me was a joke from the club by only releasing a certain amount of KOP tickets in the first sale. If they released them all, I would have got them no problem.

So basically, they release all the tickets for people who have been to 14+ who want to sit on the KOP but they also have a section for people who meet a certain qualifying criteria who want to sing.

That way you wont get people applying to be in the singing section who doesn't want to contribute to it just so they get to be on the KOP.

I basically mean that, for whatever reason, we will always get people buying tickets in a 'singing section' if they want to sing or not. We're seeing it now and we would see it in the future too.

What I'm asking is how do we police that, as it's evident some sort of enforcing needs to happen.

Offline SA RED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2014, 06:23:59 pm »
Get a fan park going outside the stadium for every game for day-trippers and hardcore supporters to mix and chat, break the ice etc. Perhaps have groups of ten or so individuals constantly urging said supporters to sing along to songs for shits and giggles and perhaps they may step into Anfield with a different mindset. This probably happens in the pubs around the ground but people tend to feel intimidated in unfamiliar environments so a meet and greet around Anfield may just help....

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:42:13 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2014, 07:10:04 pm »
RECLAIM THE KOP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX2-zLi-xlI

Make a 125 in the Anny an under 25,singing section with a £10 reduction

Here's a thing... The more expensive it gets, the quieter it gets. Too many old farts who yes, can afford 19 home games but yes make no noise and worse; grumble and groan through the game.

Hopefully, we/they can all fit nicely in the Main Stand and leave the kop to general sales and the 'kids' (the under-30s), who can maybe do half as many games but make a noise when they do. Just like they do away. But yes, standing can only help.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2014, 07:21:07 pm »
I sing throughout.  I've spent the past 5+ seasons sitting at the front of 304 and have barely missed a game, home or away.

My loyalty however counts for little, and this season, I'm either in the corners of the Kop or in Lower Anfield, since that's the best I could get, despite trying to get in the online ticket queues at 07:30-ish.

For Southampton, I sat in 124, and there couldn't have been more than a dozen of us singing there.  Even the Kop was barely audible.  There were plenty of young local lads around, but they just don't open their mouths unless we score.  I just don't understand what goes on in their heads.  The match-going experience is hugely devalued if you don't throw your soul into it.

My belief is that £47 a ticket disproportionately attracts the kind of crowd that wants entertainment served up on a plate, but is not prepared to get actively involved.

The Club and Supporters' Committee could do a lot more in setting out the kind of fan behaviour that is socially acceptable and socially unacceptable.  (Why are our rivals leading the way on banning tablets for example?)

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2014, 07:26:10 pm »
Why are our rivals leading the way on banning tablets for example?

Because they want to be seen to be pleasing their most vocal critics at a time where they are spending fuck all even though they claim they have £200m+ available.

Banning iPads will  improve their atmosphere as much as banning wooly hats would, it's just a visible scapegoat.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2014, 07:26:49 pm »
Banning iPad's is a red herring. In practice, its not doing anything.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2014, 07:28:38 pm »
Change so when you buy a ticket, you buy one to a section, not a dedicated seat in that section. This would make it easier to form groups. Meaning if you and your mates arrive early and together, you can get to stay together.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Lovely Cushioned Header

• Boys Pen
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2014, 07:31:08 pm »
Assuming the idea of safe standing has been tossed around on here before, have these ideas made their way to an SOS meeting with club reps? And is there a thread detailing this?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2014, 07:31:10 pm »
Change so when you buy a ticket, you buy one to a section, not a dedicated seat in that section. This would make it easier to form groups. Meaning if you and your mates arrive early and together, you can get to stay together.

Not sure the police would allow this, they want a 1 known fan, 1 known seat policy so if something happens they can pinpoint who did it.

It would also be pretty hard to organise, imagine the trouble when a group of three want to get into a space for 2, or arguing who had what seat if someone goes for a piss and the seat gets taken, etc.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2014, 07:43:15 pm »

Don't shut the door to the idea so fast. It's generally better to try and examine how you could get what you want. Think in terms of three different ways to get the small group. How could that be achieved? What would it take? For example
1) Could you have a small section of safe standing?
2) Would it be possible to have a few open sections (see my post above)?
3) If you came together as a group, before the season, could you get season tickets next to each other?

I'm sure people could come up with fifty ideas and maybe just one is necessary to get a positive change.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2014, 07:45:33 pm »
Not sure the police would allow this, they want a 1 known fan, 1 known seat policy so if something happens they can pinpoint who did it.

It would also be pretty hard to organise, imagine the trouble when a group of three want to get into a space for 2, or arguing who had what seat if someone goes for a piss and the seat gets taken, etc.
My college in the US does a system like that in the US. Basically, you buy a ticket for a certain section, then when you show up you exchange that ticket for a ticket assigned to a specific seat. That way you show up with 4 of your friends and you tell the person working at the ticket booth "hey we're a group of 5" and they'll make sure to give you 5 seats next to each other so you don't get split across rows, etc. It works very well in practice, to be honest. Just need to make sure the proper records are kept.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2014, 07:47:04 pm »

Quote from: Peter McGurk on Today at 02:54:02 PM

Here's a thing... The more expensive it gets, the quieter it gets. Too many old farts who yes, can afford 19 home games but yes make no noise and worse; grumble and groan through the game

Also as it is getting more expensive season after season loads of old farts are moving their season tickets from the Centenary and Main stands and onto the Kop, meaning even less tickets for members are available on there.

@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2014, 07:49:22 pm »

Plus the pyro factor would come into play, the police etc would have even less of a chance to control that, although IMO that would be good :D
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2014, 07:49:52 pm »

I don't have a perfect solution. We need to question how it's done now.

When I go to standing sections, most things sort themselves. With ease. If I leave, I will have to find a new spot, or it will be held for me when I return. That's what will have to be replicated, in some way.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2014, 07:53:24 pm »
My college in the US does a system like that in the US. Basically, you buy a ticket for a certain section, then when you show up you exchange that ticket for a ticket assigned to a specific seat. That way you show up with 4 of your friends and you tell the person working at the ticket booth "hey we're a group of 5" and they'll make sure to give you 5 seats next to each other so you don't get split across rows, etc. It works very well in practice, to be honest. Just need to make sure the proper records are kept.

Happy to hear that it works. :)
So that's one idea and there's a possible work around to the way things are done now. We should be able to list many more ideas.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2014, 07:53:46 pm »
Don't shut the door to the idea so fast. It's generally better to try and examine how you could get what you want. Think in terms of three different ways to get the small group. How could that be achieved? What would it take? For example
1) Could you have a small section of safe standing?
2) Would it be possible to have a few open sections (see my post above)?
3) If you came together as a group, before the season, could you get season tickets next to each other?

I'm sure people could come up with fifty ideas and maybe just one is necessary to get a positive change.

I'm not shutting the door mate, that's why I've been asking the question as to how to police it.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2014, 07:56:09 pm »

That certainly offers a solution.

What's the situation like when trying to sort an area - big queues? We seem to have ridiculous queues to get into the Kop when people have a ticket for weeks before the game at the moment  ;D

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2014, 08:10:10 pm »
That certainly offers a solution.

What's the situation like when trying to sort an area - big queues? We seem to have ridiculous queues to get into the Kop when people have a ticket for weeks before the game at the moment  ;D
Honestly not too bad, considering its ~25k trying to get in. Its easy since you basically show up with your friends, tell them how many you are, and they hand you the tickets. The only thing that might take some time and cause a little confusion is making sure they keep a record (like a paper ticket stub, or whatever) matching the ticket voucher with the ticket they give you for the specific seat (violence, etc. isn't really a problem with us so they don't bother keeping track of who exactly is sitting where). Shouldn't be too hard though.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2014, 08:13:54 pm »
Honestly not too bad, considering its ~25k trying to get in. Its easy since you basically show up with your friends, tell them how many you are, and they hand you the tickets. The only thing that might take some time and cause a little confusion is making sure they keep a record (like a paper ticket stub, or whatever) matching the ticket voucher with the ticket they give you for the specific seat (violence, etc. isn't really a problem with us so they don't bother keeping track of who exactly is sitting where). Shouldn't be too hard though.

Could easily be done with still requiring members cards which are scanned in and activated when at the ticket window, with a small paper ticket stub given to confirm your seat row/number.

That's definitely the start of a semi workable idea.

Does your stadium sell out? What happens if a group comes along and only single tickets spread out are available?

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2014, 08:18:48 pm »
I'm not shutting the door mate, that's why I've been asking the question as to how to police it.

I don't know. Does it have to be policed? To the same degree as today?

Some level of control would be lost. That's likely. Maybe we should look for the right level of control, as opposed to complete control.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2014, 08:22:27 pm »

To be fair, violence isn't much of a problem inside the stadiums in the PL, is it? This is what I mean with the right level of control. Maybe the lack of problems can be used as an argument to why control can be eased.

Fuck! Quality goal by Chelsea. They're 2-1 up now.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2014, 08:24:48 pm »
I don't know. Does it have to be policed? To the same degree as today?

Some level of control would be lost. That's likely. Maybe we should look for the right level of control, as opposed to complete control.

By policed I mean two things...

1. Is with regards to people suggesting a dedicated singing area, what we pretty much have, and how do you 'police' that the ones buying tickets in that area do sing, and what do you do if they don't?

2. For your idea, the actual police aren't going to agree to fans not having an actual seat. I'm not sure if this is what the FA/Govt requires, someone with a little more knowledge of the legislation may be able to confirm this. Personally I could see a whole load of issues and potential problems with just assigning people to an area - but the suggestion by iamrobk gets a similar outcome as you suggested I think in allowing mates to get together.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2014, 08:25:48 pm »
To be fair, violence isn't much of a problem inside the stadiums in the PL, is it? This is what I mean with the right level of control. Maybe the lack of problems can be used as an argument to why control can be eased.

Although I'm sure they'll say because of this level of control is why there isn't trouble, and why when there is (racism, items thrown, etc) it is simple and easy to find the person involved and dish out the right punishment.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2014, 08:30:39 pm »
Could easily be done with still requiring members cards which are scanned in and activated when at the ticket window, with a small paper ticket stub given to confirm your seat row/number.

That's definitely the start of a semi workable idea.

Does your stadium sell out? What happens if a group comes along and only single tickets spread out are available?
We regularly have crowds of >100k :P So its never that hard to get tickets in general since there are always at least a few people who don't go (only one section is sold like how I've been describing though, the rest is normal). Honestly, since they just fill it front to back, I don't think I've ever seen that happen, just because a row or 2 at the back always ends up not being filled since a few people don't show up. But if that happens, its kinda just your fault for showing up so late.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2014, 08:32:36 pm »
We regularly have crowds of >100k :P So its never that hard to get tickets in general since there are always at least a few people who don't go (only one section is sold like how I've been describing though, the rest is normal). Honestly, since they just fill it front to back, I don't think I've ever seen that happen, just because a row or 2 at the back always ends up not being filled since a few people don't show up. But if that happens, its kinda just your fault for showing up so late.

Cheers mate, is definitely and interesting idea and one I actually could see working. Would also encourage fans into the ground earlier, or at least around the ground, so can hopefully get a bevvie or two in them to further help the atmosphere.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2014, 08:48:22 pm »
By policed I mean two things...

1. Is with regards to people suggesting a dedicated singing area, what we pretty much have, and how do you 'police' that the ones buying tickets in that area do sing, and what do you do if they don't?

2. For your idea, the actual police aren't going to agree to fans not having an actual seat. I'm not sure if this is what the FA/Govt requires, someone with a little more knowledge of the legislation may be able to confirm this. Personally I could see a whole load of issues and potential problems with just assigning people to an area - but the suggestion by iamrobk gets a similar outcome as you suggested I think in allowing mates to get together.

OK, understand. Agree about point 1. The risk would be that the special section would be seen as some sort of entertainers for the rest. That said, a singing section would still be one step toward something new. Could be worth a try.

But I prefer iamrobk's idea. That way things wouldn't be dependent on one area. I reckon it depends on the mix of people. Over here, standing is allowed and people group naturally. Those who want to sing stand together. So it's the same people all the time. If the singing section was made up of the crowd that goes to the away games - things sorted.

Although I'm sure they'll say because of this level of control is why there isn't trouble, and why when there is (racism, items thrown, etc) it is simple and easy to find the person involved and dish out the right punishment.

Yes, that's exactly what they will say. No doubt whatsoever. We'd have to ensure that the police would not be in complete control of the decision. They too would have to change. Atmosphere and control, not one or the other.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2014, 08:51:57 pm »
Cheers mate, is definitely and interesting idea and one I actually could see working. Would also encourage fans into the ground earlier, or at least around the ground, so can hopefully get a bevvie or two in them to further help the atmosphere.

I think you may have come up with a good reason there. Increased sales of beer etc, inside the stadium. If crowds can be made to arrive earlier.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2014, 08:54:49 pm »
The club hold tickets back in the KOP too for hospitality and they are often in the low 300's.
I didn't know that. Hospitality tickets on The Kop? Makes you sick. What an own goal.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2014, 08:59:52 pm »
If you wanna get in touch with some of the members of the supporters committee. Maybe post a link to this thread so they can see what we want. Or maybe give your ideas and views. No spamming or harassment please.

Honorary President: Karen Gill
Email: HonoraryPresident@liverpoolfcsc.com

Season Ticket Holders and Hospitality: Bob Humphries
Email: Standhospitality-supporters@liverpoolfcsc.com

Non Season Ticket Holders & Official Members: Roy Heaney
Email: nonsthandmembers@liverpoolfcsc.com

Official Supporters' Clubs: Nausherwan Effandi
Email: LFC-Official-Supporters-Clubs@liverpoolfcsc.com

Fans in the Merseyside area: James Benson
Email: Merseyside-Supporters@liverpoolfcsc.com

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2014, 09:03:22 pm »
Part of the issue is people don't give a shit about the game which baffles me considering the cost. Lad in front of me left his seat at least twice per half on Saturday.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2014, 09:04:47 pm »
Some brilliant ideas mooted in this thread so far :) maybe when we've got the top few we can get one of our well read reds to pen something to send to the club and just see what they think. Keep up the positivity :)

and

TBut no doubt this thread will soon turn anti-OOT

It wont. I was born in Wakefield, lived in Leeds, Middlesborough and York, I'm deffo OOT ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.