Author Topic: Missing Helicopter  (Read 1103 times)

Online Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
Missing Helicopter
« on: May 2, 2007, 09:21:33 am »
Search on for missing helicopter

A search is taking place for a helicopter that failed to arrive at its destination in Cambridgeshire early on Wednesday morning.

The aircraft took off from John Lennon Airport, Merseyside, at 2300 BST on Tuesday and the last contact was made with it just under two hours later.

The helicopter was carrying four people to Thornhaugh, west of Peterborough.

Cambridgeshire Police said a search had resumed after an earlier operation was called off because of poor visibility.

Helicopters and police search teams have returned to scour an area north of Peterborough.

A Cambridgeshire Police spokeswoman said: "The helicopter is thought to have disappeared from radar screens shortly after 0030 BST.

"It is thought to have been somewhere near the Leicestershire / Northamptonshire / Cambridgeshire border when it vanished."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6614347.stm

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Missing Helicopter
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2007, 09:25:33 am »
A police spokeswoman said: "Details are sketchy at the moment.

"The helicopter, we believe, had about four or five people on board and was a twin-engine Squirrel.

"It left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool at about 11pm last night and was on its way to a private address near Peterborough.

"It appears to have disappeared off the radar. At the moment we are trying to find out more.

"The best case scenario is that it has made an emergency landing somewhere."

Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #2 on: May 2, 2007, 09:26:24 am »
all chelsea party are accounted for

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 2, 2007, 09:30:14 am »
had about four or five people on board and was a twin-engine Squirrel.

I think I've spotted the problem
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Derzyjudek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2007, 09:37:04 am »
 ex everton chairman Phillip Carter was on board.

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #5 on: May 2, 2007, 09:37:40 am »
different phillip carter lads

Offline Derzyjudek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 2, 2007, 09:42:11 am »
ex everton chairman Phillip Carter was on board.

sky news got it wrong...imagine if you where related to him.

Offline Harry_Wong

• RAWK Security Consultant. a right burka
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red in the Head
« Reply #7 on: May 2, 2007, 10:07:11 am »
Talksport are still reporting that name, saying 3 others were on board.

It seems to have been a millionare Chelsea supporter and 3 friends.

10.00am update
Top businessman missing after helicopter disappears
Peter Walker, James Sturcke and agencies
Wednesday May 2, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

A wealthy businessman was missing today after a helicopter taking him and several friends home from Chelsea's match against Liverpool in the Champions League last night disappeared.

A spokeswoman for Carter and Carter Group, a fast-expanding training and learning company which listed on the stock market in 2005, said the company founder, Phillip Carter, was in the helicopter along with the pilot and two or three other passengers.

"At this moment we are praying and hoping for the best," Faye Adkin said.

"Phillip Carter was returning from the Liverpool match. We have not had any reported sightings at the moment," she added.

"We do not know where he and his passengers are. There have been reports that the helicopter has come down but we cannot confirm anything."

The private helicopter took off from John Lennon airport, in Liverpool, at around 11pm. It was on its way to a home in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, when it vanished, Cambridgeshire police said.

Chelsea played Liverpool at Anfield in a Champions League semi-final second leg last night, losing the tie on penalties.

Initial reports suggested Chelsea officials might have been on board the helicopter, but the club said all its staff had been accounted for.

"We are investigating possible links to the Liverpool v Chelsea football match but have not established anything so far," a police spokeswoman said.

"Details are sketchy at the moment. The helicopter, we believe, had about four or five people on board and was a twin-engine Squirrel. It left John Lennon Airport in Liverpool at about 11pm last night and was on its way to a private address near Peterborough.

"It appears to have disappeared off the radar. At the moment we are trying to find out more. The best case scenario is that it has made an emergency landing somewhere."

Carter and Carter listed publicly in February 2005 and tripled in value in a year to a value of more than £200m, being named the Financial Times's new company of the year in 2006.

Mr Carter founded the company in 1992, having earlier worked in sales and marketing for ICI before becoming the company's European business development manager for paints.

The incident stirs memories of the October 1996 crash that killed Chelsea's then-vice-chairman, Matthew Harding, and four other men as they returned from a match at Bolton Wanderers in Lancashire.

The Twin Squirrel helicopter plummeted to earth in farmland near Middlewich, Cheshire, and burst into flames.

Multimillionaire Mr Harding, 42, pilot Michael Goss, 38, businessmen Raymond Deane, 43, and Tony Burridge, 39, from Wimbledon, and magazine journalist John Bauldie, 47, from Richmond, south London, were all killed instantly in the crash.

An inquest jury returned verdicts of accidental death after hearing that the pilot might have become disorientated flying at night with no autopilot, while trying to map-read and talk to air traffic control.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2007, 10:14:11 am by Harry_Wong »
Bill Shankly invites reporters into the changing room to meet his new captain, Ron Yeats:
"I've just signed a colossus. Come in and walk round him…"
1961-71: Promoted 1st season, 2 Championships, 1 FA Cup

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 2, 2007, 01:10:44 pm »
:( Hope they survived
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 2, 2007, 01:11:25 pm »
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 2, 2007, 01:46:21 pm »
was is it with chelsea and helicopters  ???