Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1446640 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Re: Virgil Van Dijk PFA Player of the Year
« Reply #5400 on: May 7, 2019, 11:23:44 pm »
Does it count as gay if it's for Virgil?

no

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5401 on: May 8, 2019, 01:04:13 am »
Great van Dijk moment when Barca restarted after we'd made it 2-0.  Barca tried to get a footing with some possession, ball gets played into Messi on the half-turn on the halfway line and van Dijk steams in and takes the ball like he's bossing some toddler in the park.  Barca didn't touch the ball again until ter Stegen was picking the ball out of his net at 3-0.

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5402 on: May 8, 2019, 04:02:40 am »
Imperious.

Offline Abin465

• Main Stander
« Reply #5403 on: May 8, 2019, 06:05:38 am »
Great van Dijk moment when Barca restarted after we'd made it 2-0.  Barca tried to get a footing with some possession, ball gets played into Messi on the half-turn on the halfway line and van Dijk steams in and takes the ball like he's bossing some toddler in the park.  Barca didn't touch the ball again until ter Stegen was picking the ball out of his net at 3-0.

We scored straight from that restart, didnt we? Absolutely bullied them in those 2 minutes between the 2nd and 3rd goal, starting from his recovery. They were dazed.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #5404 on: May 8, 2019, 06:46:54 am »
Balon D’Or is his now.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #5405 on: May 8, 2019, 07:00:07 am »
Does it count as gay if it's for Virgil?
To quote the man himself: "Who cares?"
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5406 on: May 8, 2019, 11:23:54 am »
6/1 Williamhill. The price wont last. If we win he defo getting it. And we wont be 6/1 to win number 6

van dijk has nations league too.

netherlands win that will help him too.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #5407 on: May 9, 2019, 07:05:56 pm »
Someone just mentioned on Reddit that "Virgil Van Dijk has faced : Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Modric, Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani, Insigne, Mertens, Hazard, Kane, Sterling, Aguero, Pogba, Sane and Son. He has been dribbled past 0 Times in over 400+ days"  If that is correct, it really is quite astonishing isn't it.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5408 on: May 9, 2019, 07:39:17 pm »
Imagine a partnership of him and Hyypia. Probably an even more delicious pairing than Torres/Suarez

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5409 on: May 9, 2019, 09:25:24 pm »
Imagine a partnership of him and Hyypia. Probably an even more delicious pairing than Torres/Suarez

I'm happy with him and Matip (or Gomez). Pace plus pace is always nice at centre back.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5410 on: May 9, 2019, 09:46:26 pm »
Someone just mentioned on Reddit that "Virgil Van Dijk has faced : Messi, Suarez, Dembele, Ronaldo, Benzema, Bale, Modric, Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani, Insigne, Mertens, Hazard, Kane, Sterling, Aguero, Pogba, Sane and Son. He has been dribbled past 0 Times in over 400+ days"  If that is correct, it really is quite astonishing isn't it.

Yeah, but he's conceded six goals to Barca and Real Madrid. ;) ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5411 on: May 9, 2019, 11:09:09 pm »
It’s the foot problem he picked up a couple of games ago according to Maddock.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/virgil-van-dijk-missed-liverpools-15005878

Hopefully just resting him then

I think it's the stamp against Huddersfield soon after half-time, where he went down for sometime, but got back playing. That was a heart in mouth moment really.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5412 on: May 11, 2019, 07:51:38 pm »

Don't need to. Hes got a fantastic partnership going with Matip and will again with Gomez in the future. No need to hark back to the past all the time!

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
« Reply #5413 on: May 11, 2019, 07:55:47 pm »
If we can get another centreback in near Van Dijk's quality, we can have the best defence in the world.

He's just that good that I feel he'd improve a very good centreback to become one near his ability aslong as he's on the pitch. A natural born leader with great charisma.

My worry for next season is we don't get in another CB who can potentially replace him incase he gets injured.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5414 on: May 11, 2019, 10:29:39 pm »
If we can get another centreback in near Van Dijk's quality, we can have the best defence in the world.

He's just that good that I feel he'd improve a very good centreback to become one near his ability aslong as he's on the pitch. A natural born leader with great charisma.

My worry for next season is we don't get in another CB who can potentially replace him incase he gets injured.

As opposed to what we have now....?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #5415 on: May 11, 2019, 10:41:45 pm »

You've clearly yet to see Matip or Gomez play. They're good. You should watch them some time.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5416 on: May 11, 2019, 10:45:46 pm »

Gomez?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5417 on: May 11, 2019, 10:48:53 pm »
You've clearly yet to see Matip or Gomez play. They're good. You should watch them some time.

Also not reliable enough to be counted on for a full season. Both miss a fair few games through injuries.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #5418 on: May 11, 2019, 11:05:22 pm »
Also not reliable enough to be counted on for a full season. Both miss a fair few games through injuries.
Didn't expect you here saying something negative. You're usually a bright ray of sunshine.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5419 on: May 11, 2019, 11:14:02 pm »
Didn't expect you here saying something negative. You're usually a bright ray of sunshine.

And factually right on this occasion as well.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #5420 on: May 12, 2019, 02:12:45 am »

Maguire?

Matip has got better and better this season though I must say
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #5421 on: May 12, 2019, 02:14:33 am »
Maguire?

Matip has got better and better this season though I must say

Maguire is near Virgil's quality?  :o
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #5422 on: May 12, 2019, 02:24:42 am »
Don’t think we’ll sign a cb, because we have 4 top ones already. So unless one goes out, One won’t come in.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5423 on: May 12, 2019, 02:33:30 am »

Yeah, hoping Gomez's luck turns next year. I'm not sure you can call it unreliable when you look at his injuries though - ACL's and leg breaks aren't the sort of things that happen because of some bodily failing like a Harry Kewell or Fabio Aurelio.

Think Matip's been just about continually available this season, apart from the first game of the year (when Gomez came in and took his place) and a spell in late December - early January when he must have missed about 6 games.

I think it's fair to say that between our 4 centre-backs we should nearly always have 2 quality options available. On the rare occasion when 3 of them are unavailable (which happened twice this season) Fabinho has stepped in wonderfully.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #5424 on: May 12, 2019, 02:43:33 am »
Wonder when/if Hoever will come into the equation. Obviously still exceptionally young for a centre back, but who better to play alongside and be mentored by?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5425 on: May 12, 2019, 02:48:29 am »
This is Van Dijk’s thread. Not the centre back’s thread ... let’s get back on topic
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5426 on: May 12, 2019, 02:51:37 am »
This is Van Dijk’s thread. Not the centre back’s thread ... let’s get back on topic

It is about Virgil. We're looking at who he'll be playing alongside each week. Centre-back pairings are key to a team's success.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5427 on: May 12, 2019, 02:55:34 am »
It is about Virgil. We're looking at who he'll be playing alongside each week. Centre-back pairings are key to a team's success.
Want to discuss now? Today? We have 3 that have shown they’re more than adequate when available. Discussing it here will get the thread locked
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5428 on: May 12, 2019, 02:57:12 am »
OK, let's go back to inane "he's a colossus" statements, Mr VVD Thread Moderator.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5429 on: May 12, 2019, 02:57:37 am »
Still not been dribbled past in a Liverpool shirt this season.
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5430 on: May 12, 2019, 07:15:53 am »
Wonder when/if Hoever will come into the equation. Obviously still exceptionally young for a centre back, but who better to play alongside and be mentored by?
It’s a question I was thinking too.

I suppose that depends on TAAs future position.  Anyway, Hoever is t 20 for three years so there’s plenty of time.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5431 on: May 12, 2019, 07:40:33 am »

How many of our outfield squad have been available all of the season? Virgil and Milner maybe. What's your point?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5432 on: May 12, 2019, 07:46:47 am »

The season just gone answers your question. It's pointless speculating on future potential pairings with as yet unknown and unsigned players. This isn't a transfer thread.

We are well stocked in this position.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5433 on: May 12, 2019, 07:50:03 am »
Don’t think we’ll sign a cb, because we have 4 top ones already. So unless one goes out, One won’t come in.
That’s how I see it too, no other team in the league has 4CBs as good as ours. Sure, it is Van Dijk who is the main reason for that, but Gomez was brilliant in the first half of the season, and Matip’s been outstanding in the second half. Lovren’s not bad for a forth choice defender either and Fabinho was great the 2-3 times he had to play there. We have this position covered.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2019, 07:52:15 am by Roger Federer »

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5434 on: May 12, 2019, 12:41:30 pm »
He's alright I suppose, but he's not as good as Mina/Keane/Jagielka
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #5435 on: May 12, 2019, 12:53:11 pm »
He'll emulate this great man's achievements very soon I feel...

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5436 on: May 12, 2019, 02:28:43 pm »
Apparently he won the Premier League Player of the Year as well.

https://www.the42.ie/vvd-virgil-van-dijk-premier-league-player-of-the-season-4630929-May2019/

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5437 on: May 12, 2019, 02:42:20 pm »
How many of our outfield squad have been available all of the season? Virgil and Milner maybe. What's your point?

Just pointing out that Gomez and Matip have missed large chunks of every season they’ve been with us. Not that difficult to understand.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5438 on: May 13, 2019, 10:46:38 am »
We are well stocked in this position.
Well stocked with broken biscuits though.  They're still very tasty in their category but not fit for purpose often enough.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5439 on: May 13, 2019, 02:51:25 pm »
Still not been dribbled past in a Liverpool shirt this season.

Nor last season. He’s faced Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Mbappe, Hazard, McTominay, et al, during that time too. Amazing stat.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.