Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1069081 times)

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #9560 on: February 4, 2023, 08:08:16 pm »
He much smaller then what Klopp looks for height wise in CBs.

It shouldn't stop us considering we don't score on set pieces anymore anyway.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9561 on: February 4, 2023, 08:14:55 pm »
It's been mentioned before, a successful side always adds one or two elite players per year to keep the hunger and squad fresh. The old Liverpool managers did this perfectly, as did Ferguson. Instead we patted ourselves on the back for contract renewals

Good post. I mean it has been said but well put.

Publicly Klopp disagrees or has up until this point.

Dare I say it, Klopp is a wonderful coach but not an Empire builder like Ferguson.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9562 on: February 4, 2023, 08:16:43 pm »

I mean he's 6'1". So it all depends on his leap really. If he's good in the air he can get away with being a couple of inches smaller.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9563 on: February 4, 2023, 08:21:01 pm »

Dare I say it, Klopp is a wonderful coach but not an Empire builder like Ferguson.

I don’t think it’s particularly wild to suggest Ferguson wouldn’t have touched the sides of what he won if he was managing now. He was up against fuck all for years.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9564 on: February 4, 2023, 08:22:29 pm »
Dont Disagree on height per say but that spot where Klopp values height and same at 6. I think part of the issue is squad wise you probably looking to have one CB that full Left side that currently Virgil and 3 who are right side and can play left. Virgil can do both but idk if the plan is to get a Left sided CB.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9565 on: February 4, 2023, 08:26:35 pm »

Ferguson was backed by Man Utd, he wasnt given a Preston CB or Arthur Fucking Melo for a CM.

FSG need to go its that simple their time is done here either they go or I think Klopp does.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9566 on: February 4, 2023, 08:31:38 pm »
I mean he's 6'1". So it all depends on his leap really. If he's good in the air he can get away with being a couple of inches smaller.

Badiashile looks tailor made for this league, 6ft 4 and looks quite the player.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #9567 on: February 4, 2023, 08:33:02 pm »
Badiashile looks tailor made for this league, 6ft 4 and looks quite the player.

The French league is producing some unreal talent at the moment.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9568 on: February 4, 2023, 08:33:57 pm »
I'm so fucking jealous of the money Chelsea have spunked.

If we even had half of that we could have Gvardiol, Caicedo and Bellingham and it'd be job done.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9569 on: February 4, 2023, 08:34:13 pm »
I don’t think it’s particularly wild to suggest Ferguson wouldn’t have touched the sides of what he won if he was managing now. He was up against fuck all for years.

Only really challenges from 98-04 by Arsenal and bits of 06/09 by us and Chelsea. But yeah, his first three or four titles and last couple turned out to be a bit of a doddle. The twat.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #9570 on: February 4, 2023, 08:34:16 pm »
Has Mac been in yet to tell us that we’ll make top 4 this year and that only 2 players will be needed in the summer?

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9571 on: February 4, 2023, 08:38:52 pm »
Has Mac been in yet to tell us that we’ll make top 4 this year and that only 2 players will be needed in the summer?

Need a squad list

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9572 on: February 4, 2023, 08:54:57 pm »
Only really challenges from 98-04 by Arsenal and bits of 06/09 by us and Chelsea. But yeah, his first three or four titles and last couple turned out to be a bit of a doddle. The twat.

ha ha that's cheered me a tiny bit tonight.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9573 on: February 4, 2023, 09:07:16 pm »

Not really my point at all. You play the cards you are dealt in your era.

My point was Ferguson sold on players before they declined and refreshed his squad like an empire builder.
Klopp has many qualities but not that. He quite likes being a 'luxury underdog'. But with Liverpool, and with the brilliant talent he has, he could have achieved more, still can.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9574 on: February 4, 2023, 09:09:32 pm »
Ferguson was backed by Man Utd, he wasnt given a Preston CB or Arthur Fucking Melo for a CM.

FSG need to go its that simple their time is done here either they go or I think Klopp does.

Yes agreed and I agree with the outcome that might happen.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9575 on: February 4, 2023, 09:12:35 pm »
Sooo, who we signing?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9576 on: February 4, 2023, 09:24:34 pm »
Sooo, who we signing?

Jude Bellingham.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #9577 on: February 4, 2023, 09:28:17 pm »
Jude Bellingham.
Does he have any friends he can bring over?

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9578 on: February 4, 2023, 09:29:59 pm »
Does he have any friends he can bring over?

Jobe Bellingham.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9579 on: February 4, 2023, 09:30:33 pm »
Sooo, who we signing?
Whoever was written under January 2024 on the big whiteboard in the transfer team's office - we'll move quickly to bring them in earlier than planned

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9580 on: February 4, 2023, 09:30:56 pm »

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9581 on: February 4, 2023, 09:34:28 pm »

My point was Ferguson sold on players before they declined and refreshed his squad like an empire builder.
Klopp has many qualities but not that. He quite likes being a 'luxury underdog'. But with Liverpool, and with the brilliant talent he has, he could have achieved more, still can.

Fergie sold players who he fell out with.  I'm struggling to think of a player who he sold "just" before they declined.  Paisley would be a better example, when Fergie won his last few titles he still had all the old 30+ legends still on the books, plus their younger replacements alongside them (most of who weren't quite good enough) it's why they collapsed in heap after he left.

However our fall from grace has been much harder.
« Last Edit: February 4, 2023, 09:36:45 pm by markmywords »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9582 on: February 4, 2023, 09:39:28 pm »
Fergie sold players who he fell out with.  I'm struggling to think of a player who he sold "just" before they declined.  Paisley would be a better example, when Fergie won his last few titles he still had all the old 30+ legends still on the books, plus their younger replacements alongside them (most of who weren't quite good enough) it's why they collapsed in heap after he left.

I agree but he knew when to get rid of players though Beckham too much of a circus and then there was that summer he moved Ince Kanchelskis and somebody else but he knew he had a good batch coming through.

He is a c**t to us and I hated him with a passion but he knew what he was doing unfortunately for us !

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9583 on: February 4, 2023, 09:49:15 pm »

He also improved the squad, tweaked it here and there. Bought a fair few duds, but he understood the requirement to invest in the squad. For whatever reason, either FSGs conservatism or Klopps loyalty, that hasn't really happened with us and rather than this year being written off as a 'transition' year, next year will be an even bigger one

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9584 on: February 4, 2023, 09:49:31 pm »
Jude Bellingham.

Good experience of the Championship. Sensible move.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9585 on: February 4, 2023, 09:56:41 pm »
He also improved the squad, tweaked it here and there. Bought a fair few duds, but he understood the requirement to invest in the squad. For whatever reason, either FSGs conservatism or Klopps loyalty, that hasn't really happened with us and rather than this year being written off as a 'transition' year, next year will be an even bigger one

I think Klopp has been too loyal to some but goingff what happened with CB crisis and this summer he clearly hasn’t been given proper funds to sort the issues out.

FSG are clearly the main issue we have now it’s not just the team on the pitch that is a concern but so many backroom staff have/are leaving you have to wonder why that is and I point the finger at FSG

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9586 on: February 4, 2023, 10:00:29 pm »

Yeah I mean, he quite often didn’t. He took Giggs, Scholes, Neville, Carrick well into their 30s and left poor old Moyeseh with a dumpster fire
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9587 on: February 4, 2023, 10:07:01 pm »
Ferguson always carried some older players but they were not always the bedrock of their side. His final team though in 2012/13 was the one where he showed his ability to eek out massive performances from his aging and well past it squad. But for the most part usually his key players were younger certainly in his teams.

Just look at our starting 11 against both City and Fulham in the Charity Shield and first league game. Matip, Alisson, Van Dijk, Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho, Salah and Firmino all started. 8 players there and at the time 7 of those 30 or above. Thats not a good way to transition the team.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #9588 on: February 4, 2023, 10:11:46 pm »
Sooo, who we signing?

Bellingham and three more from this group: Ugarte, Kone, Thuram, Nunes, Enzo Le Fee (the better Enzo)
Joey Gvardiol and Antonio Silva
Moussa Diaby

That's seven, which is just about the right size reaction to this season.

At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9589 on: February 4, 2023, 10:14:31 pm »
Bellingham and three more from this group: Ugarte, Kone, Thuram, Nunes, Enzo Le Fee (the better Enzo)
Moussa Diaby

Sounds great, but there's no way Klopp will buy 7 players at once, or would be sanctioned by the current owners

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9590 on: February 4, 2023, 10:15:47 pm »
Moussa Diaby

Don't have the money for that ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9591 on: February 4, 2023, 10:18:41 pm »
Moussa Diaby

How much will Enzo Le Fee cost?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9592 on: February 4, 2023, 10:21:51 pm »
Moussa Diaby

Yup, we'll definitely sign seven players.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9593 on: February 4, 2023, 10:23:29 pm »
I would sell Salah which can fund his replacement. Let go of Ox, Keita, Milner and Fabinho. Buy two midfielders. Sell Gomez, Phillips and maybe Kelleher. Buy a center back and a fullback. Leaner squad, no Europe, new blood. Would feel instantly better.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9594 on: February 4, 2023, 10:37:19 pm »
Ferguson always carried some older players but they were not always the bedrock of their side. His final team though in 2012/13 was the one where he showed his ability to eek out massive performances from his aging and well past it squad. But for the most part usually his key players were younger certainly in his teams.

Just look at our starting 11 against both City and Fulham in the Charity Shield and first league game. Matip, Alisson, Van Dijk, Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho, Salah and Firmino all started. 8 players there and at the time 7 of those 30 or above. Thats not a good way to transition the team.

Fergie's teams are better at playing orthodox football, breaking teams down with their technique and defending in numbers when necessary.  That sort of team can play into their 30's We are the team that needs youth to greater extent to press with intensity, we are the physicality monsters with a shorter window
« Last Edit: February 4, 2023, 10:49:07 pm by markmywords »

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #9595 on: February 4, 2023, 11:07:23 pm »
It's been mentioned before, a successful side always adds one or two elite players per year to keep the hunger and squad fresh. The old Liverpool managers did this perfectly, as did Ferguson. Instead we patted ourselves on the back for contract renewals

This.

FSG/Ward didn’t learn the lessons of history.

Offline LifelongRed, Sussex

• Kopite
« Reply #9596 on: February 4, 2023, 11:09:57 pm »

Prime Kanchelskis, and Ince revealed last week that it was Fergie’s decision to part with him and they had not fallen out.

Offline KloppCorn

• Kopite
« Reply #9597 on: February 4, 2023, 11:54:00 pm »
I'm so fucking jealous of the money Chelsea have spunked.

If we even had half of that we could have Gvardiol, Caicedo and Bellingham and it'd be job done.
how can you be jealous? They are spoiling football lol

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9598 on: February 4, 2023, 11:54:47 pm »
Prime Kanchelskis, and Ince revealed last week that it was Fergie’s decision to part with him and they had not fallen out.

Yep. Anyway, we all want Klopp to build again and sadly Fabinho, Hendo etc are certainly not prime any more.

Offline markmywords

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9599 on: February 4, 2023, 11:55:32 pm »

Kanchelskis was 26 when he left, ince 27, their leaving was more about Becks,butt and scholes coming thru, than Ferie having a strategy of selling people before they dip physically.  He didnt need to have such a strategy so didn't, in 2013 he had evra 32,  rio 34, giggs 39, carrick 31, vidic 31, scholes 38, fletcher 29, van persie 29, playing regular