Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023 - archived discussions about what’s offensive  (Read 1068322 times)

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD 2023
« Reply #9440 on: February 3, 2023, 12:28:38 am »
I think we will buy two midfielders to go straight into the side. They will be supplemented by whatever the old guard in midfield have left to give, as well as an emerging talent like Bajcetic.

Signing three midfielders brings the curtain down on all the old guard, pretty much, and I can’t see us doing that. It also diminishes much needed opportunities for Bajcetic.

We are all just guessing, but two midfielders for me.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #9441 on: February 3, 2023, 02:51:53 am »
I think we will buy two midfielders to go straight into the side. They will be supplemented by whatever the old guard in midfield have left to give, as well as an emerging talent like Bajcetic.

Signing three midfielders brings the curtain down on all the old guard, pretty much, and I can’t see us doing that. It also diminishes much needed opportunities for Bajcetic.

We are all just guessing, but two midfielders for me.

We want to challenge we'll need 3. Players  like Bajcetic need developing slowly. over play him and we'll ruin him. Were ruining seasoned pros with all the injuries.
We need 3 new midfielders  who'll bring our squad age down and can actually do what Klopp wants...might be an idea to get some better coaches to.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9442 on: February 3, 2023, 06:56:32 am »
We want to challenge we'll need 3. Players  like Bajcetic need developing slowly. over play him and we'll ruin him. Were ruining seasoned pros with all the injuries.
We need 3 new midfielders  who'll bring our squad age down and can actually do what Klopp wants...might be an idea to get some better coaches to.

Caicedo, Bellingham and Thiago is a tasty midfield.. I’m hoping Arsenal and Chelsea pissed off Bloom enough we might have a chance.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9443 on: February 3, 2023, 07:45:55 am »
Caicedo, Bellingham and Thiago is a tasty midfield.. I’m hoping Arsenal and Chelsea pissed off Bloom enough we might have a chance.
Bloom rejected 75m quid (asking for 90) for Caicedo. We're not touching him with a barge pole at that ludicrous price level.

Never mind in addition to Bellingham, I mean that's just playground nonsense, or Chelsea-like...same thing really.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9444 on: February 3, 2023, 07:51:42 am »

We need 4.

2 for the right centre mid, someone for defensive mid as Bajcetic is only 18 and then someone to rotate with Thiago.

Unless we are going to change formation and go with 2 in the middle or something

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9445 on: February 3, 2023, 07:58:14 am »
Bloom rejected 75m quid (asking for 90) for Caicedo. We're not touching him with a barge pole at that ludicrous price level.

Never mind in addition to Bellingham, I mean that's just playground nonsense, or Chelsea-like...same thing really.

I reckon they'd probably sell for that in the summer. He obviously wants out, and Brighton have 6 months to work out how to spend the money rather than 3 days.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9446 on: February 3, 2023, 07:59:24 am »
The problem with Jones is it's not clear he can stay fit for an extended period of time. I'm not convinced it's on pitch performance which is an issue at all, although his injuries have definitely curtailed his development. He'd have way, way more minutes in him if he wasn't injured as much.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9447 on: February 3, 2023, 08:00:01 am »
We need 4.

2 for the right centre mid, someone for defensive mid as Bajcetic is only 18 and then someone to rotate with Thiago.

Unless we are going to change formation and go with 2 in the middle or something

We have also other holes in the squad needs filling. Centreback for one. We have an injury ridden defence that also is getting older.
Rightback there’s some questions around Trent and Ramsay. I’d like to see Ramsay more to see if he can challenge Trent next season more.

Two versatile CMs and a more DM type of player would be a very good start. Then add a CB and potentially RB later on.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9448 on: February 3, 2023, 08:04:50 am »
I reckon they'd probably sell for that in the summer. He obviously wants out, and Brighton have 6 months to work out how to spend the money rather than 3 days.
In normal times maybe. But Boehly just used a credit line to cough up £105m (albeit in instalments) for Fernandez, which sets an analogue price for a similar player profile as Caicedo (without a World Cup medal but that's largely irrelevant).
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9449 on: February 3, 2023, 08:27:15 am »
Any view on Jones playing as the left sided forward whilst the Jota/Diaz injuries clear up?
He's got mobility in possession when he wants and good feet to skip past someone..on the outside or cutting inside..
People don't want to see Oxlade there seemingly, Elliott not for me in that position, admittedly a few good moments in the Brighton cup tie but I just don't think he occupies a defence enough in that role...Jones plays a bit too safe for me in the midfield 3, too many balls back & sideways, just a thought
He's not quick enough.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9450 on: February 3, 2023, 08:27:31 am »
We have also other holes in the squad needs filling. Centreback for one. We have an injury ridden defence that also is getting older.
Rightback there’s some questions around Trent and Ramsay. I’d like to see Ramsay more to see if he can challenge Trent next season more.

Two versatile CMs and a more DM type of player would be a very good start. Then add a CB and potentially RB later on.

we can recall Morton and Bradley so that gives us two extra bodies to cover CM & RB, we’ve also got a few centre backs on loan so one of them might become an option as cover (5th center back)

the majority of funds needs to go on midfield and centre back, ideally Gordon and Doak can cover for Salah but there might be a need for a player there also

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9451 on: February 3, 2023, 08:32:49 am »

True, was more thinking if he doesn’t get a new contract surely his value will drop.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #9452 on: February 3, 2023, 09:06:35 am »

Ugarte at Sporting has a £53m release clause and looks a great 6. They're supposed to be trying to get him on a new contract with a higher release clause but not seen any confirmation reported yet.

Sad to say that Fabinho's time here is over. He's looked off it since the latter stages of last season but this season... wow. It's shocking how quickly and how far he's gone downhill. Still think we'd recover £20-30m for him, though. There's never a shortage of clubs/managers who see a previously top player - and he really was for us for 3/4 seasons - struggling for form and think "bet we/I could rejuvenate that guy here"

I hope the emergence of Bajcetic doesn't alter thinking that we need a new 6. He's a talent, but only 18, still learning and isn't at the top level we need [yet]. We can't run him into the ground, and the fall-off in performance when he doesn't play (regardless who plays there) is stark.

Caicedo is way overpriced and likely to be in demand still come summer. Given he was itching for a move to Arsenal, we'd have to outbid them on both transfer fee and wages for him. That's not us. It seems we don't rate Kone or Thuram enough, and Amrabat flashed his petticoats after the WC but we weren't interested.

We've only been speculatively linked to Ugarte (Spurs reported to have been chasing him more) so I dunno. But he looks to be just what we need for a decent price.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9453 on: February 3, 2023, 09:27:34 am »

Sad to say that Fabinho's time here is over. He's looked off it since the latter stages of last season but this season... wow. It's shocking how quickly and how far he's gone downhill. Still think we'd recover £20-30m for him, though. There's never a shortage of clubs/managers who see a previously top player - and he really was for us for 3/4 seasons - struggling for form and think "bet we/I could rejuvenate that guy here"

Was listening to TAW talk about that subject, and wonder if other clubs might be wary of signing the likes of Fabinho. Forget his form, which would be a massive red flag to anyone - there may well be a feeling that we've just absolutely run the legs off our long-serving players. Look at Gini since leaving us, or Sadio to a lesser extent. Just not sure there'll be a clamour to sign a Liverpool midfielder with years of Klopp football in their legs as they turn 30. It's a risk. Which isn't to say there won't be a market for someone like Fabinho at all, it just may be a bit more limited than it would have been a year or two ago. I could imagine him at Atletico Madrid under Simeone, or maybe over in Italy somewhere.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9454 on: February 3, 2023, 09:36:23 am »
At this point, an extra season while playing less minutes and doing so alongside higher energy players than Hendo and Thiago could easily rejuvenate Fab or at worst, make him look a lot better than he currently does if we were still looking to move him on.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9455 on: February 3, 2023, 09:48:48 am »
At this point, an extra season while playing less minutes and doing so alongside higher energy players than Hendo and Thiago could easily rejuvenate Fab or at worst, make him look a lot better than he currently does if we were still looking to move him on.

And could just as easily (indeed, more likely) be another season of him not being up to pace here. Another lost season with us scrabbling around for alternative solutions. Another year older - and closer to decline - for other players.

You can't run a successful team by carrying under-performing players with the mindset of 'well we'll keep them and not get better replacements in, cos they might just recover their form again'.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9456 on: February 3, 2023, 10:06:12 am »

And could just as easily (indeed, more likely) be another season of him not being up to pace here. Another lost season with us scrabbling around for alternative solutions. Another year older - and closer to decline - for other players.

You can't run a successful team by carrying under-performing players with the mindset of 'well we'll keep them and not get better replacements in, cos they might just recover their form again'.

I meant as far as getting value out of him when we come to sell, we obviously still need to assume he is a write-off and sign the 3 midfielders we need to overhaul our side, if he turns out not to be then we either benefit from getting back another midfield option or better value when we sell.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9457 on: February 3, 2023, 10:20:47 am »
The same argument could be made for Henderson (or Thiago). How much better would they look with a peak-Busquets sweeping up and controlling play around them?

Our theoretical first choice three midfielders (until very recently, at least) are all showing signs of physical wear and tear, if not outright physical decline given their ages. They're also three of the top six paid players at the club. At the very least, one of them needs moving on this summer, in addition to the departures of Ox, Keita and probably Milner.

I realise some in this thread ignore it, but if we're losing Ox and Milner, Henderson (also club captain) would be a third HG player to be considered (and some want to sell Gomez and/or Jones, too!).

Thiago has regular injuries, but his form and general physical ability hasn't dropped off in the way the other two have. Is Fabinho more likely to regain some usefulness than Henderson? Maybe (though I don't think there's much certainty to it), but he's also much more saleable and doesn't force us into replacing with another HG/association trained player.

Have his agent slag off our training methods and say he's knackered by the time it comes to games, and some Italian or Spanish challenging-level clubs should be interested enough.
« Last Edit: February 3, 2023, 10:23:17 am by redmark »
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9458 on: February 3, 2023, 10:59:42 am »
If Fabinho isn't able to turn his midfield form around, do we think he might still have the legs to be a decent centre back option?

I think we're in an awkward spot with him as he's too young to be declining so fast, and so could easily find his form again after a proper rest, but also his form and salary means we're unlikely to move him on even if we wanted to. Having him be back up at centre back and bringing someone in to replace his midfield contributions might be a viable alternative.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9459 on: February 3, 2023, 11:04:57 am »
If Fabinho isn't able to turn his midfield form around, do we think he might still have the legs to be a decent centre back option?

I think we're in an awkward spot with him as he's too young to be declining so fast, and so could easily find his form again after a proper rest, but also his form and salary means we're unlikely to move him on even if we wanted to. Having him be back up at centre back and bringing someone in to replace his midfield contributions might be a viable alternative.

Much less confident that's a good idea now than previously during the injury crisis. He was back then also slow but his anticipation and quick thinking covered for his lack of pace and agility. Right now he feels much slower, but also less sharp and quick thinking.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9460 on: February 3, 2023, 11:09:23 am »

Our whole system is built around having rapid centre halves who can turn around and cover ground. Fabinho can't cover the 20 yards between him and the centre halves right now so I'd say no, he's not a viable option.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9461 on: February 3, 2023, 11:15:03 am »

Tough isn't it? Because there's been plenty of players who have dropped off and never returned to their previous level...but also plenty who have (and yes, at that age). Considering the only teams chucking big money about at the moment are English sides, its hard to see him going there. Real wouldnt need him. Barca might fancy it but would likely go for some stupid loan, and thats the same with Italian sides. Only way we're getting money for him is if he improves his form big time between now and the end of the season...in which case, he's surely worth keeping. Or we loan him on some loan where we cover a chunk of his wages.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9462 on: February 3, 2023, 11:29:48 am »
Tough isn't it? Because there's been plenty of players who have dropped off and never returned to their previous level...but also plenty who have (and yes, at that age). Considering the only teams chucking big money about at the moment are English sides, its hard to see him going there. Real wouldnt need him. Barca might fancy it but would likely go for some stupid loan, and thats the same with Italian sides. Only way we're getting money for him is if he improves his form big time between now and the end of the season...in which case, he's surely worth keeping. Or we loan him on some loan where we cover a chunk of his wages.
i think Milan,Inter & even Roma would pay 30m for him.
Maybe Atletico too as Mendes has a great relationship with them

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9463 on: February 3, 2023, 11:38:04 am »

Would they bollocks ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9464 on: February 3, 2023, 11:47:07 am »

I'd take £20m for him now

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9465 on: February 3, 2023, 12:32:22 pm »

Fabinho?? Not if they have televisions or a working internet connection.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9466 on: February 3, 2023, 12:37:46 pm »
Arthur and Calvin Ramsay the chosen ones to be left out of the CL squad.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9467 on: February 3, 2023, 12:56:07 pm »

Yeah, I think the age thing has been a bit of a red herring after the exertions of last season. In some cases, such as Henderson, it probably is true that he's past his peak and won't find the same fitness levels again, but it's less clear cut for Fabinho.

All that said, if we did get a decent offer I'd absolutely sell, because it leaves the risk of him not recovering with another club and allows us to get a younger replacement, but I don't think he's someone we should try to force out or write off completely.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9468 on: February 3, 2023, 01:55:22 pm »
Are you sure? Dave McCoy was pretty sure there was no evidence this has ever happened under Klopp.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9469 on: February 3, 2023, 01:57:27 pm »

It's only for 2 games - not a big deal for Ramsey.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #9470 on: February 3, 2023, 02:07:22 pm »
It's only for 2 games - not a big deal for Ramsey.

badum-tish!
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves. "LFC 2018-20" 2.0 incoming
« Reply #9471 on: February 3, 2023, 02:27:17 pm »

We are getting Matheus Nunes from Wolves in the summer, going by some credible Wolves-based journos?
If that's the case, and we get Jude, then no way are we going to spend the kind of money Bloom will want for Caicedo.

I'd go as far as saying that if we get Jude + Nunes, Klopp might deem that enough to start with, & leave it until the next January window to see if he can add another CM. Even if Fabinho gets sold (I still think he stays), Klopp will want to see how Bajcetic, Morton, & Jones contribute along side the 2 new CMs. It might be that Morton, for e.g, only signed a new contract so that he gets sold for a reasonable fee in the summer. But going by how Klopp is with players, thats very unlikely. Usually when a player goes out on loan and does well, Klopp gives them a chance to be part of the group the following season - and I remember he said good things about Morton's work ethic & his ability to play as a #6 & #8 last season. I expect the boy to be part of our CM group next season.

Again, most fans will want 3-4 CMs to be bought to replace the  Ox, Keita.

(Milner likely signs 1 yr deal as a player + coaching-set-up deal so he won't be counted as one of the "core" CM options. His minutes will likely come as a 3rd/4th choice RB option.)

But I think if we get Jude, then just Nunes will be the other CM added.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9472 on: February 3, 2023, 03:03:22 pm »
We wont get 3 midfield players,
We like to do the bare minimum

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #9473 on: February 3, 2023, 03:14:52 pm »

We've only been speculatively linked to Ugarte (Spurs reported to have been chasing him more) so I dunno. But he looks to be just what we need for a decent price.

He's a good example of the kind of player we may be in on (not necessarily publicly linked to) with the appointment of a new sporting director. Or that's what I'm hoping. The thought of the likes of Mount - though a good player - seems like lazy scouting. It could just be ITK chancer blather, or it could have something to do with homegrown quotas, but in general I'd just like to see us looking for deals abroad.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9474 on: February 3, 2023, 03:16:57 pm »

But I think if we get Jude, then just Nunes will be the other CM added.

Neither Bellingham nor Nunes are full-on DM's.

And that's a position we're crying out for a new player in.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9475 on: February 3, 2023, 03:18:46 pm »
Not that we couldnt do with one, but I'd suspect whoever does end up playing 6 for us in certain games (Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Bajcetic) would find it a LOT easier and manageable if he's flanked by two athletic CMs like Bellingham and Nunes (for example)

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #9476 on: February 3, 2023, 03:19:24 pm »

I don't know, I think we obviously see a lot of potential in Stefan and Fabinho is young enough hopefully to get some legs back and get some form back. So I wouldn't say we'll prioritise the DM role.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9477 on: February 3, 2023, 03:24:25 pm »

Pretty sure I read Nunez had good numbers in terms of breaking up play etc, don’t want him or Bellingham near the 6 position as I don’t think that’s their game but as Lobo says it will certainly help anyone we do have in the 6 to have players around them that can get about the pitch and you know actually make a tackle or two.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9478 on: February 3, 2023, 03:25:29 pm »
We wont get 3 midfield players,
We like to do the bare minimum

I also think integrating three MF'ers in one window is really difficult and normally Klopp wouldn't want this.

I think we'll sign two in the summer. But if Nunes is as nailed-on as journos say, then the other is either Bellingham or a DM. And my choice full stop would be Bellingham and a quality DM. Might we therefore sign three?

Reckon we should keep Bajcetic, Thiago, Henderson (to take a more back-up role like Milner did), Jones.

Keita and AOC are as good as gone. I'd try to sell Fabinho. If Milner is to take a dual coaching role, then keep him.

Before this season, I didn't see anything with Morton that indicates he's of the elite quality we need. Not seen him this season, but he'd have had to have had the most amazing transformation for him to be someone I'd consider worth promoting to the 1st team squad.

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves. "LFC 2018-20" 2.0 incoming
« Reply #9479 on: February 3, 2023, 03:47:15 pm »
Not that we couldnt do with one, but I'd suspect whoever does end up playing 6 for us in certain games (Fabinho, Hendo, Thiago, Bajcetic) would find it a LOT easier and manageable if he's flanked by two athletic CMs like Bellingham and Nunes (for example)

That's likely the thinking. Klopp has always said that defending is a "whole team" responsibility, so he'll figure that if he can get the front 3 & the CM unit to be more energetic & press better, it will help CBs & #6 to defend better. Having Jude + Nunes infront of whichever #6 would add tones more dynamism & mobility in CM, which should see us defend that area of the pitch much better. In today's presser Klopp gave Rashford's form this season as an example of how players' form can dramatically change from one season to the next. He will think that a couple of new pieces in CM are able to improve Fabinho's form, for e.g., next season.

And I agree that with more dynamic #8s, we will see Thiago play #6 in some games (or periods of games), next season.