Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 577180 times)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Leaves us with 7 options in midfield still.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Leaves us with 7 options in midfield still.

Carvalho isn’t going to play minutes at 8 currently I wouldn’t have thought.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
How long is Ox out for?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
2-3 months.
Then playing catch-up on fitness, struggling to get minutes on the pitch in part because of that, looking rusty when he does play.  It's the last in a long line of rotten luck for Ox.

Curtis somehow getting an injury from his one minute cameo was also very unfortunate.  Has Naby got over his illness and been training this week?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
My concern for losing the likes of Ox, despite knowing he wasnt going to play much, is that we have league and CL games between now and that sham of a world cup, so its generally the best players having to play all the time. That really does increase the risk of some of the key players picking up injuries.

Should have enough, but it is a bit of concern.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Fab, Thiago, Hendo, Milner, Elliott then for three places until Keita and Jones are back.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline 1964allezallezallez

• Main Stander
Eurgh, Jones can’t catch a break. Starting to get a little worried about his injury record.

His eye injury at the beginning of last season was a freak accident

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Fab, Thiago, Hendo, Milner, Elliott then for three places until Keita and Jones are back.
that whole "5 subs will be great for us" isn't off to a great start, is it?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You’re forgetting Bajcetic

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
You’re forgetting Bajcetic

Not ready for this level yet.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
What about Bellingham?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

Do you think we’d be in a better position if it was only three subs allowed?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
What about Bellingham?

My heart says just throw a £100m plus bid at Dortmund and my head says don't be fucking stupid  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Do you think we’d be in a better position if it was only three subs allowed?

my point is we thought our bench strength would give us a big advantage this year.  if the availability of that bench strength is diminished due to injuries, the advantage is diminished.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
I still think it benefits us greatly.  Without wanting to jinx the Fulham game, imagine we're a couple of goals ahead and Klopp has already made his premeditated changes (three of Firmino/Nunez, Milner, Elliott or Carvalho).  He'll still be able to bring on the unused of those four and give Gomez a run to rest up one of his defenders.  That's without Konate, Kostas, Naby, Ox and Jota!

If nothing else we should get less players entering the "red zone" during matches and that should mean less injuries.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
I still think it benefits us greatly.  Without wanting to jinx the Fulham game, imagine we're a couple of goals ahead and Klopp has already made his premeditated changes (three of Firmino/Nunez, Milner, Elliott or Carvalho).  He'll still be able to bring on the unused of those four and give Gomez a run to rest up one of his defenders.  That's without Konate, Kostas, Naby, Ox and Jota!

If nothing else we should get less players entering the "red zone" during matches and that should mean less injuries.
I'm all for the 5 subs ... love the thing ... but (to repeat) its advantages are diluted if we get several key injuries that weaken the bench - which is what seems to be happening at the minute.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Ibe?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
mines a pint

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I'm all for the 5 subs ... love the thing ... but (to repeat) its advantages are diluted if we get several key injuries that weaken the bench - which is what seems to be happening at the minute.
Come on Sam that's a total red herring of an argument. Injuries will deplete overall advantage regardless of whether there were 5 subs or 3 subs or 10 subs allowed.

If anything 5 subs means we can gain back a bit of advantage by not pushing so many minutes into legs
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 02:10:04 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
my point is we thought our bench strength would give us a big advantage this year.  if the availability of that bench strength is diminished due to injuries, the advantage is diminished.

Very interesting logic this :D

If we've got a few injuries in a certain position, its surely better that we can make five subs so we can ease the workload on those who are fit...?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Is Alisson fit for the weekend then

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Carvalho isn’t going to play minutes at 8 currently I wouldn’t have thought.

He could, he has, albeit not for us and not in the top flight. He's was great there for Fulham.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What about Bellingham?

He 100% will not move this season, he's been doing a bunch of media stuff for Dortmund, apparently really happy.  I'm positive he'll play for us at some point though.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
5 subs could be crucial for Thiago
need him playing as much as possible
if we are winning well can take him off

we really need him to stay fit

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
Buy a midfielder.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
Is Alisson fit for the weekend then

Seen a vid of him making a great save in training which was posted today, so looks hopeful

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
Ibou to miss the start of the season. :(

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/ibrahima-konate-set-miss-start-season

No Naby in the training pics either by the looks of it so he's probably not recovered from his illness yet.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
A mini injury crisis to start the season

Jota, Konate, Ox and Jones
« Last Edit: August 4, 2022, 06:20:28 pm by Nick110581 »
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A mini injury crisis to start the season

Jota, Konate, Ox and Jones

And Kostas I assume.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Ibu also said he's not going to be out for long.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Death, taxes, Liverpool players getting injuries 🤝

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
And Kostas I assume.

And Naby too apparently

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Buy a midfielder.

We might already have one or two.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
No timeline from the club about Konate's absence other than 'the start of the season' - Hopefully only a game or two at most, but providing none of the others get injured we'll be well served with Van Dijk/Matip/Gomez. Would be nice if Klopp could bring off a centre half in games we're controlling now that we have two more subs.

I think Fulham is a kind start for us and after that we have Palace who are always a bit of a mixed bag. The rest of the month is United/Bournemouth/Newcastle so it could be a lot worse on paper. Manageable you'd like to imagine.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
He could, he has, albeit not for us and not in the top flight. He's was great there for Fulham.

Sure. I wasn’t denying that. Did he play any minutes in pre season there for us? Every time I caught us he was in a position further forward but I missed a fair amount of it. Assuming he didn’t that’s another tell that being an 8 will come later. Although for what it’s worth, what he was good at for Fulham was doing things we haven’t typically asked our 8s do to much of. So unless that changes, makes little sense to put him there.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
It's a blow, but in the next 18 days we have just Fulham and Palace. There won't be a stretch of the season with so few games, so I expect Ibou to be back for the United game on the Monday.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75