Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 555246 times)

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
How do they collect all the sleep data etc?

Id imagine they use similar technology to Fitbit and Garmin smart watches which can download sleep data to your phone or tablet.  Hours of sleep, disturbed/deep sleep etc. although it would probably be more detailed.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Gomez and Fabinho in training today at Kirkby

No Thiago

Source - James Pearce on twitter

Online zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
Yes, seen them   no Thiago
mines a pint

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
They're doing warm up routines at the moment with Fab in there.  Waiting to see if he's involved in rest of the training.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah just watching the live stream Fabinho is back looks fine but no Thiago
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Whens the cut off for Thiago?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good

Saturday evening I assume!

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan

Hope so, but thought Klopp likes his players to take part in some training with a view to playing in a match.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gomez and Fabinho in training today at Kirkby

No Thiago

Source - James Pearce on twitter

But that’s not a surprise on Thiago is it?

We will only know about him on Friday/Saturday.

Strongly believe he is available - not necessarily starting though.

Online zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
Friday. Have to be in full training that day.
mines a pint

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan

Don't think he's involved if he doesn't at least have one full training session. Not looking promising.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don't think he's involved if he doesn't at least have one full training session. Not looking promising.

I dont either but if he's touch and go I'm sure we'll leave it as long as we can before deciding if he's definitely out
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Yeah just watching the live stream Fabinho is back looks fine but no Thiago

Is he involved in full training or just the warm up then doing individual work? Be a massive boost to even have one of them back. Both would be unbelievable.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Is he involved in full training or just the warm up then doing individual work? Be a massive boost to even have one of them back. Both would be unbelievable.

He was in the rondos so looks good.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
But that’s not a surprise on Thiago is it?

We will only know about him on Friday/Saturday.

Strongly believe he is available - not necessarily starting though.

My feeling is that if we think we can get say, 60 minutes out of him, he’ll start the game rather than finish it.

I just think with a player like him you’re better off having him dictate the tempo and give you the midfield advantage early on rather than asking him to influence a game that’s an hour deep or whatever.

I’d argue Keita is the better option off the bench purely based on their ability to influence a match which has already been playing for a while.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
My feeling is that if we think we can get say, 60 minutes out of him, he’ll start the game rather than finish it.

I just think with a player like him you’re better off having him dictate the tempo and give you the midfield advantage early on rather than asking him to influence a game that’s an hour deep or whatever.

I’d argue Keita is the better option off the bench purely based on their ability to influence a match which has already been playing for a while.

I'd agree with this. I'd also say out of all our players, the two who I would have the least problem parachuting in with little or no prep are VVD and Thiago. Whereas I think a player like Fabinho really does need these training sessions behind him.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen Klopp has just told @beINSPORTS_EN that Thiago "has a chance" to play on Saturday.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I’d say it was always doubtful Thiago would be back training today so in itself it’s not news that he’s definitely not going to make it. We’ll just have to wait and see. I think the 5 sub option does increase the chance of featuring him at some point if we think we can get some time out of him. You’ve still potentially got three attacking subs up your sleeve even if we start him and he lasts 45-60.

Obviously he might not make it all but we’ll only really know if he hasn’t been seen training at all by Friday I guess.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
Thiago doing a light session in the gym at Kirkby with head physio Lee Nobes. #LFC
@JamesPearceLFC
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 04:17:33 pm by royhendo »

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
you are saying... theres a chance...

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
ah, crap.  again!  poor lad.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli

Ox looked the fittest he's been for about 2,5 years

My apologies Alex

Probably why Morton's loan to Blackburn was cancelled
The change is cast

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
we are amassing quite an injury list before the start of the season

keita, curtis, alisson, jota, tsimi, ox, konate and ramsey just at the top of my mind

alisson might make it for fulham but hopefully curtis and keita pass their fitness tests. thankfully we got matip and gomez as CB options. to be honest i dont even think they themselves know who is first choice other than virgil.

jota and ox are only medium term absentees so far.

lets hope for some positive news before fulham.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

keita, curtis, alisson, jota, tsimi, ox, konate and ramsey just at the top of my mind

alisson might make it for fulham but hopefully curtis and keita pass their fitness tests. thankfully we got matip and gomez as CB options. to be honest i dont even think they themselves know who is first choice other than virgil.

Is Keita's fitness test whether he isn't ill?

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
My apologies Alex

Probably why Morton's loan to Blackburn was cancelled

Morton has now gone on loan to Blackburn. Youre a jinx lol

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Thats a pretty negative spin, and I'd say pretty standard for the start of a season. Allison is gonna be fit for the weekend, Naby has illness, Ibou seemed pretty ok last night. Its hardly some crippling injury crisis, the only one thats been slightly worrying is both Alli and Kelleher being injured for pre-season.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to

Most of them hopefully short term but it does leave them undercooked for the start of the season. That was the point of the Strasbourg game to give all those players a proper game.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Thats a pretty negative spin, and I'd say pretty standard for the start of a season. Allison is gonna be fit for the weekend, Naby has illness, Ibou seemed pretty ok last night. Its hardly some crippling injury crisis, the only one thats been slightly worrying is both Alli and Kelleher being injured for pre-season.

Yep we're literally only missing two players for Saturday as far as we know. Ox who likely wouldn't have made the squad anyway and Jota.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
Yep we're literally only missing two players for Saturday as far as we know. Ox who likely wouldn't have made the squad anyway and Jota.

Kelleher as well

Offline MH41

• Kopite
And in Kelleher and Jota, another 2 injuries from International duty, from playing games in June, well after the club season ended, and in a year with a shortened break between seasons, due to a World Cup changed from it's traditional summer slot, to a Nov/December one!!!

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Any update on Konate?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Any update on Konate?
Klopp said it was nothing after the match
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
Did he say they were having a scan to be sure? Not seen any confirmation since post match

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
"We don't know exactly yet on Ibou, but it doesn't look too concerning, so I hope we caught it in the right moment."
Last we heard

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
@TheAthleticUK

Curtis Jones is set to miss Liverpool’s Premier League opener against Fulham this weekend after suffering a calf injury, The Athletic understands.

The #LFC midfielder could be sidelined for between two to four weeks.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Eurgh, Jones can’t catch a break. Starting to get a little worried about his injury record.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
How frustrating, you feel he was one who will benefit from five subs.

I'm sure Ibou is okay, I know we joke about him walking off so much be fine....but he really did look absolutely fine and it was a little twinge at worst

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Jones is certainly a loss given Oxlade Chamberlain is already out, and others in the midfield fold aren't exactly injury proof.

Let's hope it's closer to two weeks than four, if we could have him back for around the United game we should be able to manage fine.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.