Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3118849 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35000 on: August 6, 2022, 02:52:58 pm »
You came on here immediately after the match and posted it would be like Twitter based on what I don’t know?! - there hadn’t been any other posts and I’ve never seen it remotely like Twitter in here

Who could have predicted that one of our brittle first-choice midfielders would pick up an injury?  Shocking development, came out of nowhere.

At least it didn’t take long for club’s obviously misguided plan of not buying a midfielder to backfire.

Just because they’re not in this thread doesn’t mean they’re not there
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35001 on: August 6, 2022, 02:53:30 pm »
You came on here immediately after the match and posted it would be like Twitter based on what I don’t know?! - there hadn’t been any other posts and I’ve never seen it remotely like Twitter in here
During the match

I'll leave it there, as I can see other people share my views and it doesn't need to be a pile on.

Would be nice if there was just a bit less of the backhanded admonishment of rawkites that share their opinions in good faith (yes there are some times it's well earned, and some self-policing is useful - but this is relentless and predictable, even in the situations where there's nothing to have a go at).

Come on really? Attacked? :D
Noones saying its a war crime, attack isn't as emotive a word as you're treating it. You can find a closer word to what you think it should be in a thesaurus if you'd like, then may be able to respond to what was actually said?

If we're being hyper literal to try to score points, are you really suggesting Tubby's post is twitter-like?! It's from a thread about injuries ;D
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 02:57:57 pm by Classycara »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35002 on: August 6, 2022, 02:57:45 pm »
I get it mate and the constant moaning is a bit tedious. Didn't mean to sound so prickly in my reply (game was still going and the frustration was rising) but I think posters are allowed to voice their opinions whether we agree with it or not, and if it does get a bit tedious then we can always jump on another thread and have a bit of time off from it all.
No worries mate. Thanks for the measured response. And of course posters are allowed to say what they want. Perhaps I should be flattered that some people (not you) seem to think I have any say in 'allowing' or 'disallowing' anything from being said. I really, really don't :)

But equally I am 'allowed' to respond as well, right?

I just think we can be a bit calmer about this. It's horrible when injuries happens. But we could buy another player and he could get injured, too. Then what? Buy another just in case that one also gets injured? Should each major purchase be followed by an injury understudy as well?

If we want Thiago in our first team squad then we need to accept the risks that go with that. And if an injury happens then the 'I told you so' type posts get us nowhere. We all know what the issues are already and we all know that, agree or disagree, Klopp and Pep and co have said that we're only going to buy the right player. Not just anyone. So that's the context we are working with.

But maybe they'll change their opinion in the weeks that are still left in the window? That's really what we're all here for. News and links and discussion about potential players.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35003 on: August 6, 2022, 03:00:41 pm »
It was an 'oh bollocks' prediction of what I feared would happen. There's nothing more sinister to it than that. But maybe the thread will surprise me.

Come on thread, surprise me :-*
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35004 on: August 6, 2022, 03:01:03 pm »
Suspect at least Oxlade-Chamberlain would’ve been moved on to free up wages and a minor transfer fee. Now we’re stuck with him and probably don’t have the money. It’s not a criticism before somebody jumps down my throat but when Tchouameni went to Madrid we probably decided to reallocate the money we do have to Nunez. Just cannot see that we’d have spent the kind of money to land both, we’ve had one transfer window where we spent way more than we made and that was when we needed to rebuild the spine. That’s why I don’t see us signing anybody significant regardless of how bad it gets.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35005 on: August 6, 2022, 03:04:21 pm »
Just because they’re not in this thread doesn’t mean they’re not there
Indeed. And just because they're aren't that many in the 10 minutes since the match doesn't mean there won't be plenty in the hours, days and weeks to come. We've been here before many times, complete with people coming out with the 'I haven't seen any....' type stuff.

But as I say. I'm an eternal optimist. Maybe this time it will be different  8)

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35006 on: August 6, 2022, 03:07:49 pm »
we still created quite a bit today
but we really do ideally need a ball winner in midfield with some pace
now trying to get one is the problem

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35007 on: August 6, 2022, 03:08:19 pm »
Suspect at least Oxlade-Chamberlain would’ve been moved on to free up wages and a minor transfer fee. Now we’re stuck with him and probably don’t have the money. It’s not a criticism before somebody jumps down my throat but when Tchouameni went to Madrid we probably decided to reallocate the money we do have to Nunez. Just cannot see that we’d have spent the kind of money to land both, we’ve had one transfer window where we spent way more than we made and that was when we needed to rebuild the spine. That’s why I don’t see us signing anybody significant regardless of how bad it gets.
I mean we don't have a set cash reserve that we can only dip in to X amount for transfers each season. I think in the last accounts we owed 100m+ in fees to clubs because of how we (and every club) stagger payments. It'd be very easy for us to make another big signing if we wanted

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #35008 on: August 6, 2022, 03:14:47 pm »
Wonder if they rate Laimer? … he hasn’t moved yet

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35009 on: August 6, 2022, 03:21:16 pm »
João Palhinha had a solid debut today for Fulham. We should totally go and sign one of his ex teammates

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35010 on: August 6, 2022, 03:23:24 pm »

Lobo will be all over this. But I agree.

If there's money there now like some say we've got to react, surely.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #35011 on: August 6, 2022, 03:27:35 pm »
The problem is we have 4 players in midfield who are constantly unavailable which is so frustrating.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35012 on: August 6, 2022, 03:28:10 pm »
Lobo will be all over this. But I agree.

If there's money there now like some say we've got to react, surely.
Klopp has never been a particularly "reactive" guy in the past, he'll have a firm target or two and doesn't deviate, so if the players he wanted were available now then he'd have moved for them already, so I doubt he'll panic and shit the bed by just signing another midfielder merely to increase the numbers.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #35013 on: August 6, 2022, 03:36:33 pm »
The manager said: "I know what will now come up, it's clear. We said we don’t need a midfielder because we have enough - and we actually have enough, but the problem now is we get punished for something that is not our responsibility really because things like this can happen.

"Nobody could image that Curtis gets the thing he gets; it is nothing serious but he is a young boy and it is a kind of stress reaction. Bodies are like this. Naby is only ill and he will now be back definitely next week again. Oxlade happened early and now with Thiago that is, of course, not good and we will see.

"Look, a transfer must make sense now and in the long-term; we have midfielders, we have still enough midfielders. It is not that we lack midfielders, but it’s just some of them are injured.

"This is not a good situation, I don’t like it at all, but we have to see how we react on that - but for sure not panicking."
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #35014 on: August 6, 2022, 03:38:46 pm »
Matheus Nunes come on down.

Time to book Macbook Jules on a flight to Portugal for reasons other than the bacalhau and sightseeing

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35015 on: August 6, 2022, 03:40:15 pm »

I mean he's not wrong. But the likelihood of Naby coming in and lasting a couple of games only before he's ill or injured again is high. Also Ox, Thaigo, Milner and Henderson have poor injury records in last few years. It's all well and good saying we have so many midfielders but they spend so much time unavailable.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35016 on: August 6, 2022, 03:40:23 pm »
Matheus Nunes come on down.

Haven’t seen enough of him but isn’t he a bit too offensive and … y’know … dribbly … compared to the profile we’d want?

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #35017 on: August 6, 2022, 03:43:43 pm »
There’s this Dutch fella Barca are trying to get rid off, think he’d be perfect for us
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #35019 on: August 6, 2022, 03:44:24 pm »
There’s this Dutch fella Barca are trying to get rid off, think he’d be perfect for us

Not for the wages he'd want, he isn't.  Plus Barca want an insane transfer fee to cover the money they owe him in deferred wages.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35020 on: August 6, 2022, 03:44:31 pm »
He hasnt ruled anything out there.

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35021 on: August 6, 2022, 03:45:25 pm »
We have enough quantity in terms of midfielders but 3 are injury prone, 1 is 37 this year and the other has question marks about how he plays as an 8 and can’t deal with being pressed.

We are already down to a Fabinho/Henderson/Elliott (?) midfield and we’re one game in. Keita will be back next game but you can’t trust him to stay injury free

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #35022 on: August 6, 2022, 03:46:06 pm »
Who's our most reliable midfielder, injury-wise? Milner?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35023 on: August 6, 2022, 03:48:40 pm »
Klopp says Thiago looks like a bad hamstring

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #35024 on: August 6, 2022, 03:50:45 pm »
Be very surprised if we don’t dip into the market. General consensus at the end of last season was we needed one and that was before long term injuries to Ox and potentially Thiago.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

« Reply #35025 on: August 6, 2022, 03:51:32 pm »
I'd take Neves from Wolves at the moment

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35026 on: August 6, 2022, 03:52:20 pm »

Then we’ll have to buy if we’re serious about the league this season if he’s out til the WC (or most of it)
It’s not the amount of players we have it’s the number of midfielders Klopp trusts defensively

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35027 on: August 6, 2022, 03:54:42 pm »
Think there’s zero chance we buy so we’ll stick with what we’ve got to be honest

Klopps largely against going for someone if it’s not specifically who he wants for a role so I reckon we’ll use those we have and Elliott and Keita will take up Thiagos minutes

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #35028 on: August 6, 2022, 03:56:06 pm »
Think there’s zero chance we buy so we’ll stick with what we’ve got to be honest

Klopps largely against going for someone if it’s not specifically who he wants for a role so I reckon we’ll use those we have and Elliott and Keita will take up Thiagos minutes
Keita😂

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35029 on: August 6, 2022, 03:57:18 pm »

I think Elliott was planned to play a lot of minutes anyway, same as last season before his bad injury.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35030 on: August 6, 2022, 04:01:35 pm »
I'd take Neves from Wolves at the moment
Far too slow same with Tielemans

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35031 on: August 6, 2022, 04:01:37 pm »
I think Elliott was planned to play a lot of minutes anyway, same as last season before his bad injury.

100% Thiagos injury just means Elliott will be in a 3 with a different CM and Fabinho for a lot of games IMO

Keita😂

You laugh but relying on him seems 10x more likely than us buying a CM right now doesn’t it?

Offline Big Dirk

• Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #35032 on: August 6, 2022, 04:07:03 pm »
100% Thiagos injury just means Elliott will be in a 3 with a different CM and Fabinho for a lot of games IMO

You laugh but relying on him seems 10x more likely than us buying a CM right now doesn’t it?
I just find it funny that after 4 years of constant injury people are still putting their hat on Keita to be available…even more baffling they want to give him a new contract…he needs gone along with Ox.

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35033 on: August 6, 2022, 04:07:43 pm »
Looks like we could do with a midfielder immediately after game 1 or some youngster to step up,Bajcetic has looked good but is still just 17.

A transfer seems unlikely but not impossible as per what the boss said,Bellingham apart don't know who we've been even looking at,Nunes,Sangare?

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35034 on: August 6, 2022, 04:17:20 pm »
We can cope losing Ox or Jones. Thiago is our best midfielder though, and either our most or second most important. That’s hard to cover, especially come September when we jump to three games a week.

I do get that we won’t buy just to cover a short term injury, but a bad hamstring could conceivably be Nov/Dec? My view is we can absorb an extra midfielder for a short period - if it comes to it, just let Ox go on loan for the last six months which helps put him in the shop window for a free transfer in summer.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #35035 on: August 6, 2022, 04:18:38 pm »
What about the lid we got linked too last year from Gladbach, Neuhaus. That all went a bit quiet after a while. Fucking bring Grujic back even  ;D

I think we're at the stage where it'd just be negligent not to bring someone in. Thiago and Keita will get injured again. Fabinho/Henderson/Milner all prone to it, it looks as if Jones is now, too. We've sent a couple out on loan, Bajcetic only 17. Chamberlain unfortunately out long term. I fully understand Bellingham is worth waiting for and hopefully we can get him next summer but as many have pointed out the midfield has needed a bit of an overhaul, it's more than one man we need in the next year.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

« Reply #35036 on: August 6, 2022, 04:45:37 pm »
Far too slow same with Tielemans
Where did this myth come from? He's faster or just as fast as Fabinho and Keita

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #35037 on: August 6, 2022, 04:46:52 pm »

Neither of them are particularly quick though.  He's just not the kind of all action midfielder we need, someone who will eat up the ground and close gaps quickly.  We need more power in there.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #35038 on: August 6, 2022, 04:48:44 pm »

Agree with this, I've never watched him and thought he looks slow.

He only has a year left on his deal doesn't he? I think he's a good player and I'm surprised he's not yet moved on from Leicester. He's a better goal threat than any of our other central midfielders and I think Klopp could work with him well. Don't see it happening but I do like him. Think he'd suit us much more than someone like Ruben Neves, who I also think is quite good.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35039 on: August 6, 2022, 04:58:43 pm »
I think we should be in the market for two midfielders next summer so in my view Bellingham being unavailable now shouldn’t be a huge problem. Go get the other guy, although the problem is we may need to know Jude is definitely coming before we can nail what the other profile we’re looking for is…