Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3118975 times)

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #34960 on: August 5, 2022, 08:42:31 pm »
Out of interest, do you want to see a midfield of Morton, Milner, Keita away at a top 4 team this season
Love to. Sadly it can't happen as Morton has suffered a season long anterior cruciate loanitis. Klopp out!! ;)

(I've already said that I feel the call of another midfielder. Not gonna draw any conclusions from it though. Even if we were to lose the league by a point. Because I know that's not how sport works.)
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 08:44:46 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34961 on: August 5, 2022, 08:55:37 pm »
Morton is at Blackburn for the season…..

The thing is how many players for each position should we have to cover for ‘potential’ injuries? It’s a difficult one to get right unless you’re an oil club with no financial worries!

Yeah, I know.

I happen to think we don't have enough robust, experienced, agile and fast defensive midfielders (we have loads of inexperienced/injury prone talented attacking ones), resulting in a very slightly inbalanced squad, which might cost us a couple of points, which might lose us vital points in our tilt at the title. It is my opinion, if the RAWK superfans will let me express it without too much passive aggression, that we would be better placed to address this ever so slight weakness in the transfer market. Dare I say, I am also of the opinion that we could afford it. But I don't know much more about the clubs finances than has already been posted by Jookie above. But hey, I'm just some chump on a forum.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34962 on: August 5, 2022, 09:03:24 pm »
Love to. Sadly it can't happen as Morton has suffered a season long anterior cruciate loanitis. Klopp out!! ;)

(I've already said that I feel the call of another midfielder. Not gonna draw any conclusions from it though. Even if we were to lose the league by a point. Because I know that's not how sport works.)

You do realise I was only responding to a poster who felt the need to polarise people who would like a new midfielder to actively blaming Klopp and the management team?

Of course I am aware sports teams drop points unexpectedly. I also believe we would reduce that risk by buying a better, more robust, agile, defensive midfielder. I'm yet to see anyone disagree with this point, but hey, I'm the looney, right? 

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #34963 on: August 5, 2022, 09:15:41 pm »
Yeah, I know.

I happen to think we don't have enough robust, experienced, agile and fast defensive midfielders (we have loads of inexperienced/injury prone talented attacking ones), resulting in a very slightly inbalanced squad, which might cost us a couple of points, which might lose us vital points in our tilt at the title. It is my opinion, if the RAWK superfans will let me express it without too much passive aggression, that we would be better placed to address this ever so slight weakness in the transfer market. Dare I say, I am also of the opinion that we could afford it. But I don't know much more about the clubs finances than has already been posted by Jookie above. But hey, I'm just some chump on a forum.

I agree that some squad members are more injury prone and those players are mainly in midfield.

Personally I’d have liked to have seen ox moved on this season and replaced, not necessarily with a £50m+ midfielder as I think that will come next Jan or July, but someone who is a bit less injury prone. He’s missed 74 games for us through injury so far, plus whatever other games with his current injury.

We don’t know what the recruitment team have in the pipeline over the next 12 months, for all we know they could be going all out for Bellingham next summer and that will command a huge investment. The window is still open so you never know what might happen!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34964 on: August 5, 2022, 09:22:52 pm »
I agree that some squad members are more injury prone and those players are mainly in midfield.

Personally I’d have liked to have seen ox moved on this season and replaced, not necessarily with a £50m+ midfielder as I think that will come next Jan or July, but someone who is a bit less injury prone. He’s missed 74 games for us through injury so far, plus whatever other games with his current injury.

We don’t know what the recruitment team have in the pipeline over the next 12 months, for all we know they could be going all out for Bellingham next summer and that will command a huge investment. The window is still open so you never know what might happen!

Honestly, I don't think Bellingham has the defensive nous to be that player. I'd rather see someone more of the profile of Tchouameni than Bellingham. But I wouldn't pay attention to my nonsense  ;D

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #34965 on: August 5, 2022, 09:31:06 pm »
Honestly, I don't think Bellingham has the defensive nous to be that player. I'd rather see someone more of the profile of Tchouameni than Bellingham. But I wouldn't pay attention to my nonsense  ;D

If the rumours were to be believed then we were in for Tchouameni this season before he choose Madrid, so if true then the club were trying to invest in that position. As we’ve seen though, when spending a large amount we will wait until the right player is available, which is why I think we’ll see 2 quality midfielders next season.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34966 on: August 5, 2022, 09:32:53 pm »
You do realise I was only responding to a poster who felt the need to polarise people who would like a new midfielder to actively blaming Klopp and the management team?

Of course I am aware sports teams drop points unexpectedly. I also believe we would reduce that risk by buying a better, more robust, agile, defensive midfielder. I'm yet to see anyone disagree with this point, but hey, I'm the looney, right? 
No you're not a loony, you're a pretty decent poster and I was just having a laugh.  :wave

But the point you made was a bit lol-worthy. You said:

if we lose the league by one point and it can be largely attributed to the unavailability of Fabinho or Thiago and Milner or Jones putting in a less than perfect performance

Before proceeding to claim that in that instance blame could be ascribed on the manager because his opinion was different to yours.

Surely you can see why that's nuts? You just can't attribute (largely or otherwise) losing the league by a point to anything like that. There are too many other variables. And of course we could buy another midfielder and still lost by a point. Or maybe by more if we played that midfielder a lot and he doesn't quite mesh as well as the player he replaces might have. Or he can get injured. Then what? Buy another player just in case?

At the level we are at just spending more money isn't enough. It has to be the right player.

We're not poor, we're not penniless. If another player were necessary or the right player were available we would buy him. At these rareified heights it's about the manager working with a squad he is happy with and then seeing what comes out in the wash at the end of the season. Sometimes it goes for you, sometimes it doesn't.

Sport is unpredictable and we have a top manager and a fantastic squad, better than we've ever had since our previous halcyon days. We've done as much as can be reasonably expected to make sure we're ready. After that we're at the mercy of luck and events.

So the only reason to start apportioning blame is to assuage ones frustration about something that is inherently unpredictable anyway or, as the poster above said, if "spend more money" has just become a catchall excuse to throw at any problems or reversals we end up facing, any ill-wind or rough seas.
« Last Edit: August 5, 2022, 09:34:36 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34967 on: August 5, 2022, 10:23:06 pm »

But you understand that the poster you were responding to was replying to someone who suggested we didn't win the league or the Champions League because we didn't sign enough players and that we haven't signed enough players this year?

I think people like that need to take a step back and look at our squad which is legitimately one of the best in the world. If we've managed to get there without a net spend like City or Utd then surely that's something to be celebrated? I just don't understand this criticism of the club for doing excellent business. It seems certain people want us to be run unsustainably for some reason.

I reckon another midfielder would be ace too but to use last season's performance as a stick to beat the recruitment team, including Klopp, with is just a bit silly. The decisions they've made in the past few years are why we are as good a team as we are. Maybe trust that they know what they're doing eh?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34968 on: August 5, 2022, 11:11:52 pm »
No you're not a loony, you're a pretty decent poster and I was just having a laugh.  :wave

But the point you made was a bit lol-worthy. You said:

Before proceeding to claim that in that instance blame could be ascribed on the manager because his opinion was different to yours.

Surely you can see why that's nuts? You just can't attribute (largely or otherwise) losing the league by a point to anything like that. There are too many other variables. And of course we could buy another midfielder and still lost by a point. Or maybe by more if we played that midfielder a lot and he doesn't quite mesh as well as the player he replaces might have. Or he can get injured. Then what? Buy another player just in case?

At the level we are at just spending more money isn't enough. It has to be the right player.

We're not poor, we're not penniless. If another player were necessary or the right player were available we would buy him. At these rareified heights it's about the manager working with a squad he is happy with and then seeing what comes out in the wash at the end of the season. Sometimes it goes for you, sometimes it doesn't.

Sport is unpredictable and we have a top manager and a fantastic squad, better than we've ever had since our previous halcyon days. We've done as much as can be reasonably expected to make sure we're ready. After that we're at the mercy of luck and events.

So the only reason to start apportioning blame is to assuage ones frustration about something that is inherently unpredictable anyway or, as the poster above said, if "spend more money" has just become a catchall excuse to throw at any problems or reversals we end up facing, any ill-wind or rough seas.

I was responding to this...

I think you can extend it from Klopp to his team and the entire recruitment team and the clubs philosophy around how resources are utilised for recruitment and retention.

The thing is, I think people know this. But don't have the balls want to openly criticise Klopp around the recruitment policy he's a huge part of.

If you think not having a midfielder brought in this summer is an absolute key factor in us not winning this season, have the bravery to put you neck out and blame Klopp (and others).

DonkeyWan and Dave McCoy are 2 people who are hiding behind this a bit. If you think midfield is such an issue and something we have neglected over the last few years and has contributed to us not winning trophies then say who you blame for that.

But you understand that the poster you were responding to was replying to someone who suggested we didn't win the league or the Champions League because we didn't sign enough players and that we haven't signed enough players this year?

Yes, I realise that. Do you realise they may have been, and may yet be, right? How do you know not buying a midfielder, either last summer or this, wouldn't win us a title?

I think people like that need to take a step back and look at our squad which is legitimately one of the best in the world. If we've managed to get there without a net spend like City or Utd then surely that's something to be celebrated?

Can we not celebrate it whilst at the same time thinking it could be slightly better? By the way, I'm not even saying it would definitely be better (other players may get frustrated at lack of game time, other variables, etc, etc.) But I, along with other posters are entitled to their opinion, no?

I just don't understand this criticism of the club for doing excellent business.

You say criticism, I say difference of opinion. I am in absolute awe of how the club is run - we are the best run club on the planet, but I don't agree with every decision made.

It seems certain people want us to be run unsustainably for some reason.

Which people? Do you think buying one midfielder (either this window or last summer) would push us into being "unsustainable". Just as an example (not one I subscribe to BTW, but one i've seen mentioned and would fit the argument), would loaning Gini for a year push us into the red?

Some people would've done more to coax Ox out of the door to free up wages, others would be prepared to sacrifice Naby. Wanting a new midfielder doesn't necessarily mean crippling the clubs finances.

I reckon another midfielder would be ace too ...

Glad we agree!

... but to use last season's performance as a stick to beat the recruitment team, including Klopp, with is just a bit silly.

Literally nobody is doing this.

You see, this is the issue I have with RAWK, there are too many excellent posters too keen to jump on anyone with a differing opinion, or someone who hasn't properly analysed the clubs financials (some of us have work to do), and there's far too much needless polarisation of opinions. It's a fan forum ffs, let people have a slightly lazy, not properly researched opinion (unless they're being complete dickheads about it, which I don't think anyone is mind). It's been said many times, but needs to be said again, if we all need to agree with Klopp and FSG on everything, then shut the forum down - it's literally pointless.

I think we all need the football to start!

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34969 on: August 5, 2022, 11:36:46 pm »
Another midfielder would be nice, a "project" signing to bed in for 2 seasons prior to Thiago and Hendo being out of contract, maybe Klopp thinks he has adequate prospects that may make the jump, like Bajcetic can step up, negating the spend of tens of millions.

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34970 on: August 5, 2022, 11:40:35 pm »
Literally nobody is doing this.

I'm just going to respond to this bit because I think everything else you've said will just see us going round in circles - I get what you're saying and I see it slightly differently.

But literally on the previous page DonkeyWan is criticising the choices made by the recruitment team last season on the basis that we didn't win the league and the champions league. On the one before that they're critical of the fact that we look like breaking even on transfers. That's what posters like Jookie are responding to.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #34971 on: August 6, 2022, 06:50:47 am »
Morton is at Blackburn for the season….

The thing is how many players for each position should we have
to cover for ‘potential’ injuries? It’s a difficult one to get right unless you’re an oil club with no financial worries!

As has been said many times the numbers aren't the issue.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34972 on: August 6, 2022, 08:00:39 am »
I'm just going to respond to this bit because I think everything else you've said will just see us going round in circles - I get what you're saying and I see it slightly differently.

But literally on the previous page DonkeyWan is criticising the choices made by the recruitment team last season on the basis that we didn't win the league and the champions league. On the one before that they're critical of the fact that we look like breaking even on transfers. That's what posters like Jookie are responding to.

But this is exactly my point. DW started off with a perfectly acceptable opinion about us needing a new (different type) of midfielder. But was gradually pushed into a polarised position on our owners by the 'holier than thou' brigade.

Here's Donkey's quotes in order:

I mean, it's pretty clear Liverpool need a new midfielder. They were trying to get Tchouameni for near £100m at the start of the summer, so all other arguments aside, Klopp clearly wanted another midfielder. Nunez coming in and altering the nature of the attack is interesting, and a clear replacement for Mane, but doesn't alter the fact that the no.1 target at the start of the summer was a hard tackling midfielder in the same vein as Fabinho.

That's quite likely because in defence LFC could absorb 2 injuries, even lengthy ones, since there is deep cover at LB, RB, GK and CB. Ditto up front where there are 5-6 options for 3 positions. But in the middle there is no replacement for Fabinho, or for Thiago. An injury to either greatly weakens the midfield, with players like Henderson not offering quite the same type of play. After those 3 in particular there is a considerable drop off in quality for that double pivot in front of the back 4. In terms of linking back to front Keita can offer an alternative to those 3, but is vastly inferior the deeper the role he plays. 

That's the issue for me. Midfield is the most complex and important position on the pitch. The squad can offer different types of players, but none are as good as the options presented by the first 4 choices (Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson and Keita) , while no one is a specialised or as important as Fabinho or Thiago. It may prove fine for the season, but like an unscratched itch, it's frustrating to see strength and depth all over the pitch, bar, arguably that midfield. Like an unfinished jigsaw, just one player would complete the finest Liverpool squad ever assembled and leave no doubts for the season ahead.

Those are two separate issues. Firstly, LFC want another midfielder, we know this because it was widely reported they wanted to spend a £100m at the start of the summer to get one. So, we can put that argument to bed.

The second question is whether a good enough midfielder is available at the moment. I wasn't even addressing that issue, I was merely pointing out that Liverpool do need a new midfielder , and why (the reasoning being we lack cover for specialised positions).

As to the second issue, my view on that is that I find it fanciful that there are only two midfielders worth bringing in to the club (Tchoumanei and Bellingham), particualrly since LFC have made a name for themselves over the last number of years in taking relatively unknown players and turning them into household names. But that has nothing to do with my original post.

If there is someone better than the existing options that you can bring in, you should, because even in a year's time you would expect to see reduced playing time for Henderson and Thiago due to their age, while Chamberlain probably has no future at the club. There is room for two new midfielders over the next couple of transfer windows, including this one.

When they did that in the past it cost the club. And I am not convinced it was about specific targets, unless the specific target was breaking even. This year, despite the massive outlay of cash, they are looking to break even again, but once again it feels like they are just a step behind in the transfer market. Last season was incredible, but ultimately a disappointment in the final stretch, you end up wondering what they might have achieved had they invested a bit more in the squad a few seasons prior to that. 1 more midfielder last season may have bridged the gap. The introduction of just one player (Diaz) had a huge impact last season. This season Nunez cancels out Haaland, would 1 more midfielder bridge the gap? It's frustrating, as for reasons I outlined above, the midfield is where the gaps may occur, and those fine margins might be the difference at the end of the season.

At which point is Donkey being a dick about our management? It certainly wasn't his starting position.

It doesn't have to be either "we have a perfect squad" or "we need to spend unsustainably to keep up with City". There's a whole load of opinions that fall somewhere inbetween.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34973 on: August 6, 2022, 08:51:24 am »
Yeah, I know.

It's hilarious how this post could be the internationally recognised example of passive aggression AND Irony all in one.

Good job. Needed a laugh this morning.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34974 on: August 6, 2022, 09:06:24 am »
Nice try  :missus

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #34975 on: August 6, 2022, 10:36:42 am »
Are we likely to get Luka Sicic sometime in the near future?

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #34976 on: August 6, 2022, 01:44:45 pm »
Thiago, Keita, Jones, Ox all out now... 60 minutes into the new season. Still, no need for a midfielder, this robust lot will be fine for a potential 63 (?) game season with a draining World Cup inbetween.
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 01:48:26 pm by Kop Kings »

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34977 on: August 6, 2022, 02:10:29 pm »
This thread is going to be indistinguishable from Twitter now

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #34978 on: August 6, 2022, 02:23:31 pm »

I wouldn't say so, and don't think it's being 'knee jerk twitter' to suggest we need another midfielder following ANOTHER injury to midfield, as people in this thread were literally saying our midfielders weren't robust enough to last the season only this morning....

Again, like many debates on here, it seems that if you have a differing opinion to the more established posters, you're labelled as a knee-jerker, anti FSG, pro oil money loon. Still got a lot of love for FSG and a lot of faith in this team (first game against a newly promoted side is always tricky) but we probably do need another midfielder and will need another one next Summer too. Absolutely mental to suggest that on the Transfer thread, I know.....

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34979 on: August 6, 2022, 02:25:49 pm »
Hopefully that forces us to do something now but we'll probably get "so and so will be back in a few weeks so it's fine" forgetting that that player will just get injured again soon after anyway.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #34980 on: August 6, 2022, 02:31:54 pm »

Not last season, previous seasons. And the fact is that Liverpool didn't win the league last season and didn't win the CL last season. There are reasons for that, possibly one of them is not having more options in the middle. I am not criticising the maangement team, I am merely pointing out that LFC have been low spending traditionally under FSG, they currently have excellent finances and were interested in buying a midfielder at the start of the summer, so why not get one now, rather than have it potentially cost us.

I am not saying last season was bad, it was excellent, I want to think about how you can make a great team even greater. Midfield was the area LFC struggled in last season, it's a natural area to consider for improvement. That is called critical reflection. The problem with far too many posters is that criticism, any criticism, is treated as treachery, rather than an attempt to make good things even better. This Pavlovian reaction to saying 'LFC might have gone one better with one better midfielder last year' is insane.

So let me ask you a question. Why are you so dead set against improving the squad? I have seen people say 'Jam tomorrow' all over the place, as if getting a midfielder this summer precludes you from getting another one next summer. And what if Bellingham decides to go somewhere else, is it 'Jam tomorrow' in July 2023? LFC wanted to buy a midfielder this summer, so that shows they also critically reflected and thought 'how can we make this team better?' That's all people are doing. That's all anyone wants. And instead they are leaped on as if they are trying to sabotage the club.

A final point to consider. Klopp has a 4 year contract left. At which point he will be 59 and possibly considering returning home and maybe a job as national manager. In other words, over he next 4 years don't you want to give one of the finest managers ever at the club as many resources as possible, rather than 'Jam tomorrow' until he leaves?
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #34981 on: August 6, 2022, 02:32:17 pm »
Hopefully that forces us to do something now but we'll probably get "so and so will be back in a few weeks so it's fine" forgetting that that player will just get injured again soon after anyway.

Probably, but yeah as always this is the one position in our team that we can always do with an extra player because it's the most prone to injuries and given the condensed schedule there are going to be issues with injuries, fatigue, form.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34982 on: August 6, 2022, 02:34:06 pm »
Matheus Nunes come on down.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34983 on: August 6, 2022, 02:34:52 pm »
I wouldn't say so, and don't think it's being 'knee jerk twitter' to suggest we need another midfielder following ANOTHER injury to midfield, as people in this thread were literally saying our midfielders weren't robust enough to last the season only this morning....

Again, like many debates on here, it seems that if you have a differing opinion to the more established posters, you're labelled as a knee-jerker, anti FSG, pro oil money loon. Still got a lot of love for FSG and a lot of faith in this team (first game against a newly promoted side is always tricky) but we probably do need another midfielder and will need another one next Summer too. Absolutely mental to suggest that on the Transfer thread, I know.....
It's not that at all. All the "established posters" want a new midfielder as well, but some of us accept that our wishes aren't the driving factor here, and that whinging on and on an on about it won't change anything, and also that the club isn't deliberately not buying a player 'just because'. They have their reasons

But most of all it's because incessant fucking moaning about something we (you and I) can't change is tedious beyond belief.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #34984 on: August 6, 2022, 02:35:01 pm »

Why not contribute with something positive and constructive about who we should sign and shape the debate then … or you know… stop clicking on the *checks notes* liverpool transfer thread

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34985 on: August 6, 2022, 02:35:52 pm »
If there's a long-term midfield target we're looking at bringing in in a future window, who isn't Jude Bellingham, we might need to start thinking about doing something over the next few weeks and bringing that interest forward. 

Keita should be back next week, Jones will hopefully be back in the next couple of weeks, but losing Thiago is a concern - fingers crossed it's not a serious one.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34986 on: August 6, 2022, 02:36:34 pm »

Been reading some quite calm and reasoned posts in favour of a midfield addition, if we can manage a good one, in recent days - only occasionally attacked by a few zealots who think it's sacrilege to share a view, but standard of discussion was mostly good.

Then a day later, we lose Thiago to a muscle injury. And instead of conceding maybe you'd been a bit quick to attack people wanting another midfielder, here you are pre-empting any discussion by suggesting it's knee jerk twitter drivel.

Appears that those people who seem to politely disagree with you can do no right haha

incessant fucking moaning
Oh, are you not a fan of people going on and on and on?
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 02:39:47 pm by Classycara »

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34987 on: August 6, 2022, 02:39:59 pm »
Bring me Conor Gallagher, Julian.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34988 on: August 6, 2022, 02:41:10 pm »
Why not contribute with something positive and constructive about who we should sign and shape the debate then … or you know… stop clicking on the *checks notes* liverpool transfer thread

Unbelievable isn't it

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34989 on: August 6, 2022, 02:42:20 pm »
Matheus Nunes come on down.

Got to be done right. Before he goes to City as a potential Silva replacement.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34990 on: August 6, 2022, 02:42:22 pm »
Been reading some quite calm and reasoned posts in favour of a midfield addition, if we can manage a good one, in recent days - only occasionally attacked by a few zealots who think it's sacrilege to share a view, but standard of discussion was mostly good.

Then a day later, we lose Thiago to a muscle injury. And instead of conceding maybe you'd been a bit quick to attack people wanting another midfielder, here you are pre-empting any discussion by suggesting it's knee jerk twitter drivel.

Appears that those people who seem to politely disagree with you can do no right haha
Oh, are you not a fan of people going on and on and on?

Honestly it’s the same every single season. No one has been attacked, period. Certainly no one has been attacked for wanting us to sign another midfielder, because there’s pretty much been agreement that we probably should. What’s abhorrent is certain posters jumping on ‘I told you so’ before the game even finished.

And again…we tried for Tchouameni, so clearly the money is there. So it’ll be fascinating to see which poster will actually aim their fire in the right direction, because the owners quite obviously have made money available for one….
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Wengerpresser101

• 8 posts in, could be RAWK’s greatest ever contributor. 248 posts in, the jury's still out......It's a fax he's a dickhead. Still the Greatest Fan of L...sorry...AFC there's EVER been!
  • Kopite
« Reply #34991 on: August 6, 2022, 02:42:33 pm »
We need a midfielder, our midfield is too lightweight. Hendo and Milner are both getting on, we need some fresh young blood, similar to Elliot but more experienced, like Jude Bellingham.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #34992 on: August 6, 2022, 02:42:33 pm »
It's not that at all. All the "established posters" want a new midfielder as well, but some of us accept that our wishes aren't the driving factor here, and that whinging on and on an on about it won't change anything, and also that the club isn't deliberately not buying a player 'just because'. They have their reasons

But most of all it's because incessant fucking moaning about something we (you and I) can't change is tedious beyond belief.

I get it mate and the constant moaning is a bit tedious. Didn't mean to sound so prickly in my reply (game was still going and the frustration was rising) but I think posters are allowed to voice their opinions whether we agree with it or not, and if it does get a bit tedious then we can always jump on another thread and have a bit of time off from it all. Lots of reasoned debate going on from what I can see, so let's keep it going...
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 02:44:53 pm by Kop Kings »

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34993 on: August 6, 2022, 02:42:37 pm »
If there's a long-term midfield target we're looking at bringing in in a future window, who isn't Jude Bellingham, we might need to start thinking about doing something over the next few weeks and bringing that interest forward. 

Keita should be back next week, Jones will hopefully be back in the next couple of weeks, but losing Thiago is a concern - fingers crossed it's not a serious one.
Thiago can't be trusted to play 2000+ league minutes so I don't think him going down is that big a surprise that it'll make us go in to the market. If it was Henderson or more likely Fabinho it might
« Last Edit: August 6, 2022, 02:45:35 pm by Chris~ »

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34994 on: August 6, 2022, 02:43:26 pm »
Are you saying you want relentless, reactive, twittery moaning? Cos that's the only kind of post I've spoken out against. Not your posts at all, for example. And not posts about who we should sign which, incidentally, is why I keep clicking on the transfer thread: to learn about potential players and any news of links. Which is a very different thing.

Stop making it about sides. I'm only talking about content

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34995 on: August 6, 2022, 02:47:13 pm »
Honestly it’s the same every single season. No one has been attacked, period. Certainly no one has been attacked for wanting us to sign another midfielder, because there’s pretty much been agreement that we probably should. What’s abhorrent is certain posters jumping on ‘I told you so’ before the game even finished.

And again…we tried for Tchouameni, so clearly the money is there. So it’ll be fascinating to see which poster will actually aim their fire in the right direction, because the owners quite obviously have made money available for one….

Noones been attacked? I'm not sure I agree with you.
Lol ;D

'Largely attrbuted" lol. ;D

Lol ;D
People are barmy; completley round the loop and off their fruit. That's the only answer. Or they don't realise this is a sport they're talking about
I think you can extend it from Klopp to his team and the entire recruitment team and the clubs philosophy around how resources are utilised for recruitment and retention.

The thing is, I think people know this. But don't have the balls want to openly criticise Klopp around the recruitment policy he's a huge part of.
I haven't seen 'I told you so' posts from the people being admonished above - maybe they've been deleted, or maybe there just aren't any?

As for 'before the game finished', you may have missed I was replying to a post that was sent during the game

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #34996 on: August 6, 2022, 02:50:02 pm »
Are you saying you want relentless, reactive, twittery moaning? Cos that's the only kind of post I've spoken out against. Not your posts at all, for example. And not posts about who we should sign which, incidentally, is why I keep clicking on the transfer thread: to learn about potential players and any news of links. Which is a very different thing.

Stop making it about sides. I'm only talking about content

You came on here immediately after the match and posted it would be like Twitter based on what I don’t know?! - there hadn’t been any other posts and I’ve never seen it remotely like Twitter in here

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34997 on: August 6, 2022, 02:51:34 pm »
I may even have to ask Ibrahima Sangare to come on down too.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34998 on: August 6, 2022, 02:51:36 pm »
Noones been attacked?

I'm not sure I agree with you.I haven't seen 'I told you so' posts from the people being admonished above - maybe they've been deleted, or maybe there just aren't any?

As for 'before the game finished', you may have missed I was replying to a post that was sent during the game

Come on really? Attacked? :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #34999 on: August 6, 2022, 02:52:12 pm »
I may even have to ask Ibrahima Sangare to come on down too.

Got any juicy new links to whet our midfield appetite yet?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.