Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122309 times)

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #46760 on: November 28, 2022, 11:16:27 pm »
Who is Dan Kennett?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46761 on: November 28, 2022, 11:33:37 pm »

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #46762 on: November 29, 2022, 12:00:05 am »
I would like Liverpool to try to hire Enzo Fernandez. He is a player very similar to Steven Gerrard.
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46763 on: November 29, 2022, 12:40:28 am »
Who do we want from Juventus? Vlahovic? Chiesa?

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46764 on: November 29, 2022, 12:45:28 am »

Paul Pogba.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46765 on: November 29, 2022, 12:55:20 am »
Arthur Melo

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46766 on: November 29, 2022, 01:01:19 am »
I would like Liverpool to try to hire Enzo Fernandez. He is a player very similar to Steven Gerrard.

Yes!

Paul Pogba.

No!

Arthur Melo

Whaa!

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46767 on: November 29, 2022, 07:10:49 am »
Absolute state on that bellend Dan Kennett on twitter, insinuating that pep lijnders is basically running our recruitment. The obsession with pep is so strange

Lovely fella Dan Kennett. He has reasons for his opinion and he’s a data analyst so he’s maybe projecting a little. He’s one of the drivers behind fan-based analytics and the fella he worked closely with ended up running Man City’s analytics team for a spell (I think he’s at Villa now). Just because he’s stating an unpopular opinion, it doesn’t make him a bellend. He’s right more often than he’s wrong.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46768 on: November 29, 2022, 07:15:42 am »
I’m not sure that’s what’s being insinuated either. It’s that the investment in the analytics capability and the process they made work has had a spanner thrown into it, and that the spanner (which used to be Ian Ayre in Brendan’s time) is possibly now Lijnders. It’s not necessarily a bad thing - our situation has changed - but when you’re a data person it probably feels like an insult. It’s a bit like me being a tech person and wishing I could punch Elon Musk in the face for treating people like me like shit at Twitter.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 07:17:53 am by royhendo »
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46769 on: November 29, 2022, 08:54:25 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46771 on: November 29, 2022, 09:07:28 am »

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46772 on: November 29, 2022, 09:09:24 am »
Kudus doesn't make much sense if we have Elliott and Carvalho.

RE: Lijnders, it's been a weird season for him. There's been lots of accusations thrown at him from the fanbase and there's absolutely no suggestion that he's responsible for our problems at all. It's an agenda that was started by idiots on Twitter and has just built from there. Probably because of the book. By all accounts he's a great coach and has contributed to our success over the last 5 years, why would things suddenly fall off a cliff during his fourth year as assistant manager? I don't even buy that he has more 'influence' than other assistants.

Yes, the book was poorly timed, but people are just looking for someone to blame who isn't Klopp. I've looked at the Tweet by Dan Kennett after seeing posts in here, and it's garbage to suggest that Ljinders moving to NEC allowed us to sign van Dijk, Alisson, Fabinho, Keita (and not the little detail of Coutinho's sale). He then goes 'first transfer after he returned? Sepp van den Berg' as if that means anything at all. Was Lijnders on holiday when we signed Thiago, Jota, Konate, Diaz?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46773 on: November 29, 2022, 09:23:15 am »
It's an agenda that was started by idiots on Twitter and has just built from there.

Well, what I'd say here is that there are people who know people and that it's not wholly unsubstantiated. The question is surely whether it's a problem though isn't it? That's where it falls down for me. We had the same people running the show in different circumstances and it didn't work, which maybe highlights it was a bit of a miracle that it did work so well for a spell. But even then there was luck - we dodged several bullets that get ignored in the analysis. Alex Texeiras and Thomas Lemars for big fees. I think what's maybe true is that we've built a set of really useful tools and processes, but that the manager now has to find another way to make it work for him. But he's a genius isn't he?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #46774 on: November 29, 2022, 09:26:00 am »

He has similar traits but has two notable qualities that Elliot and Carvalho do not. Plus, he can play across the entire front line and as an 8 in a 4-3-3 or as a left or right midfielder in a 4-4-2. Looks like the perfect Ox replacement in the squad.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46775 on: November 29, 2022, 09:26:11 am »
People in football steamroller each others' opinions all the time, don't they? The stories about Marina Granovskaia at Chelsea were a bit like that... but she did a pretty good job looking back on her time at that helm.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46776 on: November 29, 2022, 10:31:07 am »

Different type of a player. Stronger, and can play further forward ...

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #46777 on: November 29, 2022, 11:46:33 am »
Lovely fella Dan Kennett. He has reasons for his opinion and he’s a data analyst so he’s maybe projecting a little. He’s one of the drivers behind fan-based analytics and the fella he worked closely with ended up running Man City’s analytics team for a spell (I think he’s at Villa now). Just because he’s stating an unpopular opinion, it doesn’t make him a bellend. He’s right more often than he’s wrong.

I second this, I have heard Dan Kennett many times on Anfield Index. He has an analytics and data-crunching approach and he loves the club. If someone does not agree with your POV, does not make them a bellend.

A curious thing *seems* to be happening behind the scenes at Liverpool but none of use know exactly what is happening. What we do know is the analytics experts at the club delivered us 6-7 player transfers of the highest order, which enabled one League title and one Champions League win.

Hopefully some element of that survives into the future. I have no views on our Pep, only to say that Jurgen should be like Ferguson: rotate your Number 2's every couple of years to keep things fresh.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Thiago12291

• Thinks we’re a fucking mess and it’s down to Jurgen
  • Main Stander
« Reply #46778 on: November 29, 2022, 12:04:57 pm »

Fair enough mate but I think making snide insinuations to thousands of followers without saying what it is he's actually saying, does make him a bellend.

Edit - at least that's a bit dick head behavior, doesn't necessarily make him one I guess
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 12:08:58 pm by Thiago12291 »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #46779 on: November 29, 2022, 12:14:35 pm »
Fair enough mate but I think making snide insinuations to thousands of followers without saying what it is he's actually saying, does make him a bellend.

Edit - at least that's a bit dick head behavior, doesn't necessarily make him one I guess

Most people on here have ridiculous views from time to time; I was absolutely sure we should be signing Jadon Sancho at one point, and Christian Pulisic!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46780 on: November 29, 2022, 12:33:07 pm »
Pulisic with a body that wasn't made of glass would be brilliant tbf.

I like Kennett, don't think I follow him but his tweets pop up on my timeline a bit. Some of his recent ones about Pep have been a bit odd mind.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #46781 on: November 29, 2022, 12:35:33 pm »
He has similar traits but has two notable qualities that Elliot and Carvalho do not. Plus, he can play across the entire front line and as an 8 in a 4-3-3 or as a left or right midfielder in a 4-4-2. Looks like the perfect Ox replacement in the squad.
Is he really needed right now though? I get that he's the current flavour of the week on twitter but we need a proper 8 and 6 far more than a forward/midfield utility player. Our scouts keep track of lots of players, not surprised his name has popped up again.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46782 on: November 29, 2022, 01:59:28 pm »
what are they?  (I haven't been watching him at all)

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46783 on: November 29, 2022, 02:13:28 pm »
I second this, I have heard Dan Kennett many times on Anfield Index. He has an analytics and data-crunching approach and he loves the club. If someone does not agree with your POV, does not make them a bellend.

A curious thing *seems* to be happening behind the scenes at Liverpool but none of use know exactly what is happening. What we do know is the analytics experts at the club delivered us 6-7 player transfers of the highest order, which enabled one League title and one Champions League win.

Hopefully some element of that survives into the future. I have no views on our Pep, only to say that Jurgen should be like Ferguson: rotate your Number 2's every couple of years to keep things fresh.

Ferguson didn't do that deliberately though did he? Kidd, McClaren, Quieroz (twice) and Meulensteen all left to become managers.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #46784 on: November 29, 2022, 02:55:57 pm »
Pulisic with a body that wasn't made of glass would be brilliant tbf.

I like Kennett, don't think I follow him but his tweets pop up on my timeline a bit. Some of his recent ones about Pep have been a bit odd mind.

the issue with Pulisic (as well as the injuries!) is that he’s just wildly inconsistent. He really does go from brilliant to very average in a heartbeat. He was the same at dortmund too though, so it's nothing new, and his playing time got limted there as well.

But yeah, when he playing well, he is a really good player.

The Lijnders thing is a bit mad really, I think a lot of fans don’t like him because he’s very much front and centre - more so than any other assistant, and they just find him annoying because of his at times almost child-like enthusiasm and excitement! That shouldn’t be a reason to suggest he’s somehow having a massively negative influence though of course!

Klopp is driving that more front and centre role with Pep though, people have to recognise that - because he does want him to become manager after him, and it’s almost like a ‘passing the baton’ process, but done gradually - giving Pep more and more roles to play within the job and yes with that - influence.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #46785 on: November 29, 2022, 02:59:07 pm »
Think some people never really got over that book he came out with
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46786 on: November 29, 2022, 03:12:54 pm »
Think some people never really got over that book he came out with

Was it a good read?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #46787 on: November 29, 2022, 03:13:27 pm »
Footballers write books all the time, why aren't assistant managers allowed to write books? It's extremely strange that this is becoming an issue.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #46788 on: November 29, 2022, 03:15:38 pm »
Was it a good read?

I would hope so? I don't have the attention span to read a book start to end anymore ;D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves. "LFC 2018-20" 2.0 incoming
« Reply #46789 on: November 29, 2022, 03:19:32 pm »

Exactly this, re "Kudus makes sense" for us. The physicality + pace that he has on Elliot & Carvalho alone makes sense that we'd be interested in him, add that to the fact that he can play as an attacking CM & in for forward positions.

For me, Kudus would work more than say, Sucic. Both left-footed players, but Sucic would primarily play the right-sided #8, as he doesn't have the pace nor the experience of playing as a Salah understudy on the right wing.

Kudus' combination of great technique, pace & versatility makes it make sense.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 03:23:03 pm by RedSetGo »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46790 on: November 29, 2022, 03:37:48 pm »
I fear RAWK will never forgive me after I write my autobiography.  :(

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46791 on: November 29, 2022, 03:39:28 pm »
Gakpo's price just went up.  But if he is crap next game it'll go down again, right?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46792 on: November 29, 2022, 03:40:04 pm »
I fear RAWK will never forgive me after I write my autobiography.  :(

Wouldn't it just be the menu from your local kebab shop?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46793 on: November 29, 2022, 03:42:44 pm »

Wouldn't it just be the menu from your local kebab shop?

;D

That's the glossary mate.

wait till I get to the chapter on Irishmen and Drafting. You;re alongside AWWYC.  :D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46794 on: November 29, 2022, 03:48:52 pm »

;D

That's the glossary mate.

wait till I get to the chapter on Irishmen and Drafting. You;re alongside AWWYC.  :D

;D

Proud to be accompanied by such a stalwart.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46795 on: November 29, 2022, 03:55:13 pm »
Well, what I'd say here is that there are people who know people and that it's not wholly unsubstantiated. The question is surely whether it's a problem though isn't it? That's where it falls down for me. We had the same people running the show in different circumstances and it didn't work, which maybe highlights it was a bit of a miracle that it did work so well for a spell. But even then there was luck - we dodged several bullets that get ignored in the analysis. Alex Texeiras and Thomas Lemars for big fees. I think what's maybe true is that we've built a set of really useful tools and processes, but that the manager now has to find another way to make it work for him. But he's a genius isn't he?
But he's implying that Lijnders is responsible for our lack of transfer market activity, which is a bit mad isn't it? I'm not quite sure what he means when he mentioned van den Berg either, because he was a cheap young player with little downside and we've also signed Jota, Thiago, Konate, Diaz, Nunez so does Lijnders not get any credit for them? We've not signed enough midfielders but Klopp's made it clear that he's wanted additions, he's not being overruled by his assistant.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 03:57:03 pm by Clint Eastwood »

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #46796 on: November 29, 2022, 04:50:45 pm »
Having a Ramses in goal, having secured Mohamed's contract, if we put a bid for Moises, should we also test the waters for Jesus?
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46797 on: November 29, 2022, 04:58:00 pm »

Yeah, I replied to him both times questioning it - the first one and the one about Van Den Berg. The nerd community is pretty tight on this front (Ted Knutsen's tweet when it was announced was a bit similar, but more cryptic). Like 'the pendulum might be swinging away from analytics a little'. They know something from someone in and around it (that's what I've heard anyway).

But he's implying that Lijnders is responsible for our lack of transfer market activity, which is a bit mad isn't it?

I didn't read it that way - more that he'd put the blockers on the inputs from the back office team and demanded they get what they wanted.

I'm not quite sure what he means when he mentioned van den Berg either, because he was a cheap young player with little downside and we've also signed Jota, Thiago, Konate, Diaz, Nunez so does Lijnders not get any credit for them? We've not signed enough midfielders but Klopp's made it clear that he's wanted additions, he's not being overruled by his assistant.

Yeah as I say I replied on that - to me Van Den Berg, along with Hoever, looked like an example of good scouting and analytics along with understanding of the contract situation of the target. He admitted he was agenda-driven and out of order on it. What he's said is that he reckons more people will leave the backroom team and that the root of it is the deadlock instigated by Lijnders. On the flip side of that, though, I can't see why that's intrinsically a problem for Liverpool or for Jurgen Klopp. It's not long since we signed Konate. We still signed Carvalho and Ramsay and Doak in the summer and all of them look a continuation of the same theme - good scouting, good analytics, good common sense engagement with the player on their pathway from the point they join. We know what good looks like on recruitment.

Yes, we've paid big bucks for players the manager seemed infatuated with in recent windows, but I don't see that as the problem - each of those players has aspects that jump out as notable in the numbers - whether they fit the system obviously I guess is a question, but they do look wonderful players don't they?

I think the agenda is on player retentions - the tension over Wijnaldum's contract extension, then letting him go, then the same over Henderson's contract extension, then Klopp getting his way. And now Mane and Salah's situation... I can't help but feel that's where it's reached a deadlock. The nerds don't get to build a better train set their way without churn in the squad (and Bob Paisley might say they have a point), but Jurgen wants a stable squad that stays together - he namechecked Real Madrid and Spurs on that (as John Gibbons put it on Monday) and he'll still be raw from the trauma of seeing his squad plundered by Bayern at Dortmund. 

That's why I don't think it's a problem. I think three or four good signings in the right age profile right the ship. We own the technology and the data inputs/approaches, we know how to use data well, we have a genius of a manager... and we know if we plug in the right nerds to replace the old ones, it'll rebalance to something workable again.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 04:59:44 pm by royhendo »

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46798 on: November 29, 2022, 05:05:46 pm »
Right, Caicedo is out of the World Cup now so no reason why he can't be announced tomorrow.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46799 on: November 29, 2022, 05:07:11 pm »
Absolute state on that bellend Dan Kennett on twitter, insinuating that pep lijnders is basically running our recruitment. The obsession with pep is so strange

I followed Dan for a while on Twitter but he definitely has some strange agendas which led me to unfollowing him a couple of years ago. Some good stuff still pops up on my timeline from him from time to time but also some absolute shite as well.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 05:10:00 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp