Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3113352 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - RIP Peter's mum x
« Reply #34680 on: July 30, 2022, 02:18:11 pm »
Ox out until October. Real shame for him, by the time he's up to speed we're going to be right in the thick of it and I'm not sure he gets a look in.

Don't think it'll have any transfer consequence either, my feeling was that even if Ox was sold we wouldn't get someone.

He’s in the last year of his contact. It’s a massive blow to him but the aim has to be to get fully fit and ready before the World Cup break then he might get a look in after or before the International players all go off.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #34681 on: July 31, 2022, 11:24:58 pm »
We aren’t signing Ronaldo

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34682 on: August 1, 2022, 09:33:59 am »
We aren’t signing Ronaldo

I certainly hope we aren't ...

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #34683 on: August 1, 2022, 10:04:22 am »
Still think that one would do better for us than the knock-off version
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #34684 on: August 1, 2022, 10:39:50 am »
Good to be back, mate. My mother has passed away few weeks ago, so I took some time off everything ...
Sorry for your loss Peter.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34685 on: August 1, 2022, 10:54:13 am »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34686 on: August 1, 2022, 11:06:04 am »
I certainly hope we aren't ...

Now that's what I call a wide forward.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34687 on: August 1, 2022, 12:58:14 pm »
So Chamberlain is out for up to three months, Jones was wearing a boot and using crutches at Anfield last night, and Keita hasn't yet put pen to paper on a new deal.  Hopefully Curtis is just a precaution, but probably not the position of strength we wanted to go into the season with in terms of midfield?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #34688 on: August 1, 2022, 01:02:34 pm »
So Chamberlain is out for up to three months, Jones was wearing a boot and using crutches at Anfield last night, and Keita hasn't yet put pen to paper on a new deal.  Hopefully Curtis is just a precaution, but probably not the position of strength we wanted to go into the season with in terms of midfield?

Can't see us signing another midfielder, but it's the one area of our squad that could always do with an extra body. Also probably explains why Morton hasn't been allowed to leave yet.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34689 on: August 1, 2022, 01:54:38 pm »

Shows how much depth we have in that position though really when all that is going on yet we still have at least 6 realistic options in Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Milner, Elliott and Carvalho. Plus Keita can still play despite only having a year left on his contract...

So really we're still 5 injuries away from struggling to put out a somewhat functional midfield, and even if we had only 2 available we could work something around dropping Firmino deep.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34690 on: August 1, 2022, 01:58:57 pm »
I know he’s a kid but I wouldn’t be worried about Bajetic starting games in an emergency
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34691 on: August 1, 2022, 02:00:41 pm »
Can't see us signing another midfielder, but it's the one area of our squad that could always do with an extra body. Also probably explains why Morton hasn't been allowed to leave yet.

I thought he'd already gone to Blackburn, was surprised he was playing last night.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #34692 on: August 1, 2022, 02:33:10 pm »
With absolutely no inside knowledge, I have a feeling we'll get Nunes this season and Bellingham next season. Keita contract talks have gone cold seemingly, Curtis in a boot and Ox out for 3 months...it's aaaaaaaaaall coming together...or not

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #34693 on: August 1, 2022, 02:35:22 pm »
Curtis is only precautionary, they were going to take a proper look this week and see if there's anything to it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34694 on: August 1, 2022, 02:39:13 pm »
Now that's what I call a wide forward.

:lmao
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #34695 on: August 1, 2022, 03:11:41 pm »
With absolutely no inside knowledge, I have a feeling we'll get Nunes this season and Bellingham next season. Keita contract talks have gone cold seemingly, Curtis in a boot and Ox out for 3 months...it's aaaaaaaaaall coming together...or not

What about Darwin's mate  Federico Santiago Valverde Dipetta from Uruguay .
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #34696 on: August 1, 2022, 03:17:01 pm »

Yeah chuck him in too

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #34697 on: August 1, 2022, 03:40:20 pm »
Morton’s loan to Blackburn confirmed.
AHA!

Online Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #34698 on: August 1, 2022, 03:40:46 pm »
I thought he'd already gone to Blackburn, was surprised he was playing last night.

He has now, Season long loan to Blackburn.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34699 on: August 1, 2022, 03:55:07 pm »

Saw sporting want £50m. I imagine that's well above what we'd be prepared to pay. I think they know City were/are interested and increased his price.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #34700 on: August 1, 2022, 04:01:42 pm »
Saw sporting want £50m. I imagine that's well above what we'd be prepared to pay. I think they know City were/are interested and increased his price.

I think a £150 million outlay (approx) for two bright young midfielders in Bellingham and Nunes doesn't sound that ridiculous, particularly when you have Milner and Ox probably leaving next season, questions over Keita and his contract, and Henderson/Thiago not being the most robust midfielders out there. As I say, this is all an absolute guess from my side (slow work day), but with the aforementioned injuries/contract saga's, I wouldn't be surprised if we moved our midfield business forward 12 months, even if only 50% of it. Probably just wishful thinking on my part though...

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34701 on: August 1, 2022, 04:08:17 pm »
I think a £150 million outlay (approx) for two bright young midfielders in Bellingham and Nunes doesn't sound that ridiculous, particularly when you have Milner and Ox probably leaving next season, questions over Keita and his contract, and Henderson/Thiago not being the most robust midfielders out there. As I say, this is all an absolute guess from my side (slow work day), but with the aforementioned injuries/contract saga's, I wouldn't be surprised if we moved our midfield business forward 12 months, even if only 50% of it. Probably just wishful thinking on my part though...

That's a lot of money but suppose it depends on wages. But imo we need a new midfielder now and another next summer. But don't think we'll get one. Don't think the money is there. I think if we get one it's because Naby is off. We were never going to replace Ox. 

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #34702 on: August 1, 2022, 04:14:03 pm »
That's a lot of money but suppose it depends on wages. But imo we need a new midfielder now and another next summer. But don't think we'll get one. Don't think the money is there. I think if we get one it's because Naby is off. We were never going to replace Ox. 

I think it's looking like another season where we break even, so not sure we can totally discount the option of shelling £40-£50 million on a young midfielder who could stay in the team for years to come (Nunes). Chuck in £90 million odd on Bellingham next year and we're potentially sorted for a good few years (particularly when you have other youngsters coming up). I dunno, I just have a sneaky feeling we're not done yet...and I bloody love Football Manager...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34703 on: August 1, 2022, 04:14:14 pm »
Potential Manc nickname for him checks out
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34704 on: August 1, 2022, 04:25:37 pm »
Why wouldn't the money be there when we were clearly prepared to spend big on Tchouameni

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #34705 on: August 1, 2022, 04:31:01 pm »
After the success of Diaz, and the long break I wouldn’t be surprised if we were happy to wait until Jan knowing we can strengthen then. Maybe get someone with less time on their contract too.

When is the transfer window this year with the WC?

Offline clinical

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34706 on: August 1, 2022, 04:32:54 pm »
Why wouldn't the money be there when we were clearly prepared to spend big on Tchouameni

Assumed that was spent on Nunez. We are usually the lowest spenders in the top 6.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34707 on: August 1, 2022, 04:37:14 pm »
Never "assume" on RAWK it will be your downfall.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34708 on: August 1, 2022, 04:40:10 pm »

:D

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34709 on: August 1, 2022, 04:41:46 pm »
I really like almost all of them but our midfielders are a bit of an injury prone bunch aren’t they. I’m getting a little worried about Jones on that front too, he seems to be unlucky with injuries. That eye one was ridiculous and it kept him out for ages. Hopefully this current thing turns out to be a precaution only.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #34710 on: August 1, 2022, 04:43:05 pm »
:D
If they don't do what I want them to do there must be serious, unavoidable reasons; the cupboard must be bare; the wallet empty. Why else would they not do what I say?

;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34711 on: August 1, 2022, 05:03:17 pm »
Neil Jones says we're expecting bids for Nat Phillips this week, want £10m for him. Fulham and Bournemouth both keen and two Serie A clubs as well.

One of the promoted PL clubs feels likeliest, they'll have a bit of cash to splash and both their managers are having a go at their clubs for a lack of signings.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34712 on: August 1, 2022, 05:22:27 pm »
Fulham and Bournemouth both in desperation mode with getting transfers in, could work in our favor and drive Nat's price up. Have to think getting £10m-£15m for him is pretty doable.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #34713 on: August 1, 2022, 05:29:56 pm »
I think it's looking like another season where we break even.

Just for some context on this.

Net spend in last 2 completed seasons is about 130M euros. That's despite Covid losses and keeping the wage bill in the Top 4 in the PL during that period (combined wage bill for 2020 &  2021 accounts is 2nd highest in PL but very close to Chelsea and United).

What people really mean is that we've had 2 season in last 4 where the net spend was zero or we made a slight profit. In the other 2 seasons we've spent a reasonable amount whilst increasing the wage bill by about 20% over the same period. Also invested in infrastructure improvements during that period.

I don't mind people being critical of how the club decides to spend it's money. But calling them out 'another season where we break even' with regards to transfer spend is a little far fetched. We do break even when you include wages, opertaing costs, infrastructure improvements etc..That;s part of the point of a self sustaining business model. Just looking at transfer spend (and not even doing it correctly) is a bit narrow thinking, IMO.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #34714 on: August 1, 2022, 05:34:22 pm »
Assumed that was spent on Nunez. We are usually the lowest spenders in the top 6.

Surely when you combine wages and transfer spend we aren't the lowest spenders?

No-one here knows if the lack of spending on a midfielder is due to funds, availability and/or space in the squad.

Personally I think it's because our top targets aren't available or have gone elsewhere. If Bellingham magically become available tomorrow, I think we'd move for him as long as the transfer fee fitted within our valuation of him and his wages fitted into the current wage structure.

I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34715 on: August 1, 2022, 05:45:03 pm »
Neil Jones says we're expecting bids for Nat Phillips this week, want £10m for him. Fulham and Bournemouth both keen and two Serie A clubs as well.

One of the promoted PL clubs feels likeliest, they'll have a bit of cash to splash and both their managers are having a go at their clubs for a lack of signings.
A straight swap for Harrison Reed to bring an end to the long running saga.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34716 on: August 1, 2022, 06:07:32 pm »

Bottom of the spending league :scarf
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34717 on: August 1, 2022, 06:53:47 pm »
When does the transfer window slam shut?

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34718 on: August 1, 2022, 06:59:55 pm »

Net spend in last 2 completed seasons is about 130M euros. That's despite Covid losses and keeping the wage bill in the Top 4 in the PL during that period (combined wage bill for 2020 &  2021 accounts is 2nd highest in PL but very close to Chelsea and United).

What people really mean is that we've had 2 season in last 4 where the net spend was zero or we made a slight profit. In the other 2 seasons we've spent a reasonable amount whilst increasing the wage bill by about 20% over the same period. Also invested in infrastructure improvements during that period.

I don't mind people being critical of how the club decides to spend it's money. But calling them out 'another season where we break even' with regards to transfer spend is a little far fetched. We do break even when you include wages, opertaing costs, infrastructure improvements etc..That;s part of the point of a self sustaining business model. Just looking at transfer spend (and not even doing it correctly) is a bit narrow thinking, IMO.

We seem to be the only top club that still cares about running a sound operating model, doesn’t seem fair that clubs not as successful are able to spend more than us but it is what it is

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #34719 on: August 1, 2022, 07:58:10 pm »

That wasn't meant as a criticism mate, it just genuinely seems like we are breaking even (maybe even making a profit, if Nat Phillips leaves) and last year recorded record profits, as well as getting quite a few high earners out the door.

In my mind, that means we might have a bit of money to play with for a £40/£50 million midfielder like Nunes (for example) before going big on a generational talent like Bellingham next year (with Ox and Milner gone, Keita a possibility and Thiago and Henderson - who are hardly the most robust - a year older). As I say, this is all just a hunch (a hope?) in my mind, based on nothing, and wasn't meant as a stick to beat FSG with.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2022, 08:00:46 pm by Kop Kings »