The Liverpool FC Forum > Media and Arts

The Boys

(1/163) > >>

Dench57:
Anyone watching this? New series on Amazon Prime and the internet. Based on the comic. Not usually big on superhero stuff but when it's this satirical and morbid I can get behind it. I've only watched the first episode and it was a banger, reminded me a bit of the first time I saw Watchmen. Would recommend 10/10

Premise: In a world in which super-powered "heroes" have become commonplace, they are syndicated, monetized, and marketed by a company called Vought International. Unfortunately, money and privilege corrupt, and many of the "supes" give in to their darker impulses. A clandestine group of normal-human vigilantes then arises to counter the corrupt "supes"

Something Worse:
Thought it was phenomenal. As close to an Earth 3/ Flashpoint Justice League as we'll likely get but with the added bonus of great writing and some great performances.

The youngish lead (not Karl Urban) is Randy Quaid's nephew and he's excellent.

Brian Blessed:
Haha, I like you went with Randy Quaid when he is Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan’s son ;D

Djozer:
It's class. Glad someone made a thread for it, it deserves it. Was going to do one myself but laziness got in the way. Binged it over the weekend except the final episode, and don't really want it to end.

Starr is class, love the French bloke, Maeve is a goddess, and Urban has charisma in spades, even if his accent meanders somewhat. Very enjoyable, brutal fun. Didn't know the Quaid was one of those Quaids, though I suspected something when I saw his name was Quaid.

Something Worse:

--- Quote from: Brian Blessed on July 29, 2019, 10:18:21 pm ---Haha, I like you went with Randy Quaid when he is Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan’s son ;D

--- End quote ---

Randy is America's true Sweetheart!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version